|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Creature — Human
Creatures your opponents control enter the battlefield tapped.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (15)||Caldazar , Mousemke , bradyofportdetroit , warcry02 , The_Grape , Tribor , REV666 , Swamy , Regulus1010 , PTsmitty , golgarigirl , EliGjerdingen , CampbellStev , Poptartz95 , rakdos24|
Imposing Sovereign Discussion
1 day ago
2 days ago
1 month ago
Pretty unfocused. If I were you, I would cut Attendant for 4 Grand Abolishers. I'd also add 1 more Thalia's Lieutenant, as well as 1 to 2 Imposing Sovereign in the place of your Precinct Captains. Increasing Devotion is waaaaay too much mana for what it does. Replace it with Brave the Elements. Replace Rebuke with Path to Exile. Cut two Ranger of Eos and replace with a one- or two-drop, something like Student of Warfare that's a more reliable mana sink. Also, maybe a couple of Mana Tithe and some Wrath of God in the board.
1 month ago
Just some thoughts in case they help build off of what Immortalized said or provide any other useful things to look at:
There are a lot of other draw cards too that you might consider:
- Ambition's Cost / Ancient Craving / Read the Bones / Sign in Blood are decent cheap black draw spells that cost a little bit of life
- Phyrexian Arena
- Fact or Fiction
- Telling Time / Brainstorm / Ponder / Preordain / Foresee If you want some Scry/Shuffle/Deck Manipulation with your draw
And countless more. In a deck like this though there's a lot of value to be had in something like Phyrexian Arena since 1 life per upkeep is no biggie with Oloro around
Here's some other good removal to think about:
- Merciless Eviction and Austere Command can give you a lot of options
- Cyclonic Rift / Wash Out / Aether Gale can set an opponent back a lot. Cyclonic Rift for it's overload is the best!
- Curse of the Swine is always fun
- Supreme Verdict if you get overwhelmed or desperate. It's strictly better in my opinion that Wrath of God or Day of Judgment
- Toxic Deluge is another great creature removal if you have life to spare
Slow Down Taxes
Here are some cards that can really halt your opponent's aggression:
- Ghostly Prison / Propaganda / Sphere of Safety to make them pay to attack
- Rhystic Study to make them pay additional for each spell they cast (or let you draw)
- Imposing Sovereign
- Fog Bank / Guard Gomazoa / Wall of Frost Fun cheap defenders that can stick around or eat removal
Some other creatures worth mentioning that tax an opponent's life:
- Fate Unraveler Damage on draw. Can be great for forcing end of game on an opponent's draw step if you get your combos set and can't push it over the edge (unlikley). At any rate he can be pesky.
- Blood Artist / Blood Seeker / Cliffhaven Vampire / Deathgreeter / Falkenrath Noble / Suture Priest / Zulaport Cutthroat All sorts of interactions and costs associated with creatures.
- Kambal, Consul of Allocation Life cost to play spells. Another great way to trip some combos and source life for draws.
Here's some other cards that are worth noting:
- Pristine Talisman combos well if you have Oloro out (Tap to gain life, spend the mana to draw the card and cost each opponent 1 life)
- Baleful Strix can be great utility in this kind of deck
- Reliquary Tower Is always great in draw decks
One card I'd definitely recommend ditching is Azor's Elocutors.
Other cards I see that I'd consider removing if it was me:
- Palisade Giant CMC too high for too little bonus in my opinion.
- Azorius Chancery / Dimir Aqueduct / Orzhov Basilica . I've seen these mess up players' tempo and strategy so many times. They're also great value for any opponents running land destruction. Some other options to consider could include: Drowned Catacomb / Glacial Fortress / Isolated Chapel if you want faster mana. OR Temple of Silence / Temple of Enlightenment / Temple of Deceit if you want the bonus scry. OR maybe even something as simple as Scoured Barrens / Tranquil Cove / Dismal Backwater in the hopes the 1 life lets you get a bonus draw.
I used to play an Oloro deck as well (albeit it with a very different affinity ) using a ton more artifacts and some fun combinations around Darksteel Forge and Nevinyrral's Disk . He's a great commander and a lot of fun. I hope you enjoy the deck and can find something useful in any of my suggestions.
Good luck and happy hunting!
1 month ago
1 month ago
Question: are you trying to build budget? Because Path to Exile is much better than Rebuke, and Cavern of Souls is a must for all tribal decks. Imposing Sovereign isn't exactly a modern card, at least not as a 4 of. I would consider playing a set of Aether Vial as well. Vial is pretty hard to say no to. Another card I would add is maybe two Ranger of Eos, as a way to refuel. Another good card, but for the sideboard, is Brave the Elements.
2 months ago
As for the place for the cards I suggested. Find out what doesn't work for you imo. I may tell you to get rid of a card you like to play because you just play differently. I think you know best the weak spots in the deck.
Also maybe another one of the tapping creatures -Imposing Sovereign?
2 months ago
I like Gisela, the Broken Blade she is as good as Baneslayer Angel. Bruna, the Fading Light is just too awful for me to include, Brisela, Voice of Nightmares is pretty awesome and what I want, but not worth the uselessness of drawing a Bruna, the Fading Light. If only Bruna, the Fading Light was an ETB trigger! She would be superstar!
Maybe Archfiend of Depravity, not sure what the aggro looks like? If it's creatures he could be good. If it's tokens a Sever the Bloodline might work. Blind Obedience or Imposing Sovereign might slow them down?
Harvester of Souls gives you no pain drawing, and free cast with Kaalia of the Vast. I feel Farsight Mask CMC 5, and Sorin, Grim Nemesis CMC 6 will be too slow to help vs. an aggro deck, by the time they resolve and activate the game might be over. Indulgent Tormentor is great, does he net you many draws?
Archangel of Thune can block, lifelink to mitigate the aggro damage, and then get bigger and out of control as well. There's just isn't useful drawing in these colors that doesn't cause pain, and maybe even give those advantages, but not Mardu.