|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Creature — Human
Creatures your opponents control enter the battlefield tapped.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (20)||Mousemke , VGJustice , Caldazar , ironax , bakeraj4 , bradyofportdetroit , warcry02 , REV666 , EliGjerdingen , The_Grape , Lindough , Poptartz95 , golgarigirl , Swamy , TrackerD , dplerner , CampbellStev , PTsmitty , rakdos24 , Regulus1010|
Imposing Sovereign Discussion
2 weeks ago
I noticed that you had Imposing Sovereign in your deck. If you like that concept, consider Authority of the Consuls. I personally don't think it's an overly powerful ability (still very good though!), but it's quite potent versus haste/token decks as well as in tabletop multiplayer. And, of course, passive life-gain is always nice. :)
1 month ago
1 month ago
1 month ago
1 month ago
2 months ago
Pretty unfocused. If I were you, I would cut Attendant for 4 Grand Abolishers. I'd also add 1 more Thalia's Lieutenant, as well as 1 to 2 Imposing Sovereign in the place of your Precinct Captains. Increasing Devotion is waaaaay too much mana for what it does. Replace it with Brave the Elements. Replace Rebuke with Path to Exile. Cut two Ranger of Eos and replace with a one- or two-drop, something like Student of Warfare that's a more reliable mana sink. Also, maybe a couple of Mana Tithe and some Wrath of God in the board.
2 months ago
Just some thoughts in case they help build off of what Immortalized said or provide any other useful things to look at:
There are a lot of other draw cards too that you might consider:
- Ambition's Cost / Ancient Craving / Read the Bones / Sign in Blood are decent cheap black draw spells that cost a little bit of life
- Phyrexian Arena
- Fact or Fiction
- Telling Time / Brainstorm / Ponder / Preordain / Foresee If you want some Scry/Shuffle/Deck Manipulation with your draw
And countless more. In a deck like this though there's a lot of value to be had in something like Phyrexian Arena since 1 life per upkeep is no biggie with Oloro around
Here's some other good removal to think about:
- Merciless Eviction and Austere Command can give you a lot of options
- Cyclonic Rift / Wash Out / Aether Gale can set an opponent back a lot. Cyclonic Rift for it's overload is the best!
- Curse of the Swine is always fun
- Supreme Verdict if you get overwhelmed or desperate. It's strictly better in my opinion that Wrath of God or Day of Judgment
- Toxic Deluge is another great creature removal if you have life to spare
Slow Down Taxes
Here are some cards that can really halt your opponent's aggression:
- Ghostly Prison / Propaganda / Sphere of Safety to make them pay to attack
- Rhystic Study to make them pay additional for each spell they cast (or let you draw)
- Imposing Sovereign
- Fog Bank / Guard Gomazoa / Wall of Frost Fun cheap defenders that can stick around or eat removal
Some other creatures worth mentioning that tax an opponent's life:
- Fate Unraveler Damage on draw. Can be great for forcing end of game on an opponent's draw step if you get your combos set and can't push it over the edge (unlikley). At any rate he can be pesky.
- Blood Artist / Blood Seeker / Cliffhaven Vampire / Deathgreeter / Falkenrath Noble / Suture Priest / Zulaport Cutthroat All sorts of interactions and costs associated with creatures.
- Kambal, Consul of Allocation Life cost to play spells. Another great way to trip some combos and source life for draws.
Here's some other cards that are worth noting:
- Pristine Talisman combos well if you have Oloro out (Tap to gain life, spend the mana to draw the card and cost each opponent 1 life)
- Baleful Strix can be great utility in this kind of deck
- Reliquary Tower Is always great in draw decks
One card I'd definitely recommend ditching is Azor's Elocutors.
Other cards I see that I'd consider removing if it was me:
- Palisade Giant CMC too high for too little bonus in my opinion.
- Azorius Chancery / Dimir Aqueduct / Orzhov Basilica . I've seen these mess up players' tempo and strategy so many times. They're also great value for any opponents running land destruction. Some other options to consider could include: Drowned Catacomb / Glacial Fortress / Isolated Chapel if you want faster mana. OR Temple of Silence / Temple of Enlightenment / Temple of Deceit if you want the bonus scry. OR maybe even something as simple as Scoured Barrens / Tranquil Cove / Dismal Backwater in the hopes the 1 life lets you get a bonus draw.
I used to play an Oloro deck as well (albeit it with a very different affinity ) using a ton more artifacts and some fun combinations around Darksteel Forge and Nevinyrral's Disk . He's a great commander and a lot of fun. I hope you enjoy the deck and can find something useful in any of my suggestions.
Good luck and happy hunting!