|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2018 (C18)||None|
|Commander Anthology Vol. II (CM2)||Rare|
|Commander Anthology (CM1)||Rare|
|Commander 2015 (C15)||Rare|
|Duel Decks: Zendikar vs. Eldrazi (DDP)||Rare|
|Commander 2014 (C14)||Rare|
|Commander 2013 (C13)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Landfall — Whenever a land enters the battlefield under your control, you may pay . If you do, draw a card.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (38)||orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , Wolfebladeelite , accioali , ironax , Dr.Jackel , REV666 , Lindough , DrPopular , Antiat , frederiklw , Grantley91 , thetechzombie , ecurps , RPG_FOX , GoldGhost012 , Vasbear1 , Fineontheoutside , sneferie , Pelli , bakeraj4 , silvereh , marcus638 , , Reliva , duff87 , rikertchu , Epidilius , TheAnnihilator , mziter501 , Va1mar , Swamy , bpiser95 , Zelpoke , itheoryz , , Cazaz0816 , Loading_Error , Bluboltar|
|Want (14)||superlangbein , Jelatinator , richardmv , AntiheroFOREVER , esono , san0j , Lokotor , Desol4tion , bassgdae , aisthetikos , obitus , Killerclan117 , harbinger1221 , Killingfool|
Seer's Sundial Discussion
4 weeks ago
Without knowing your meta the recommendations I would make for cuts are Illusionist's Bracers (not many worth while activated abilities in your deck), Alpha Authority, Whispersilk Cloak (is spot removal rampant in your meta?), Ooze Garden, Seer's Sundial (you have access to much better draw options really), Turntimber Basilisk, Groundskeeper, Apocalypse Hydra, Traverse the Ulvenwald.
Creatures you play to ramp need to be efficient like Farhaven Elf or even Llanowar Elves instead of say Wild-Field Scarecrow who costs you with no lands in play to show for it or Frontier Guide who costs you before you even get anything out it.
Other creatures you play need to have powerful utility like Terastodon or Bane of Progress or some very good synergy with the commanders strategy like Stalking Vengeance or Garruk's Packleader do. You don't really need removal like Turntimber Basilisk or beaters like Apocalypse Hydra when Boundless Realms would be far more terrifying. Remember, land is not really a dead drop for you as you are likely get a 5/5 elemental token out it so every cut made could be an additional land.
Some possible interesting cards are Sandwurm Convergence (green moat with beat sticks included) and Hour of Promise (ANY TWO LANDS!), Rogue's Passage (make the lands work for you), Kessig Wolf Run (REALLY powerful.
All recommendations are below the $5 mark to try and keep it more budget friendly, anyways I hope this is helpful, also if you could post some information about your meta it could help people make better recommendations.
1 month ago
I have the following parts and pieces to an almost copy and paste version of JLK's Shadowborn Apostle deck.
20x Shadowborn Apostle lp
8x Shadowborn Apostle mp
1x Vampiric Tutor lp
1x Athreos, God of Passage lp
1x Grave Titan lp, Japanese
1x Dark Ritual foil Near Mint Masterpiece Series: Amonkhet Invocations
I am mainly trying to get rid of all 28 shadow born apostles hahaha.
I recently made an Omnath, Locus of Rage deck that seems pretty awesome, I'd love to be able to trade/sell at TCG Low for most of the more expensive parts and pieces I need:
Secondary List: 1x Azusa, Lost but Seeking 1x Eternal Witness 1x Green Sun's Zenith 1x Knollspine Dragon 1x Lotus Cobra 1x Shattering Spree 1x Stomping Ground 1x Tooth and Nail 1x Vesuva 1x Vexing Shusher 1x Worldly Tutor
If you'd rather purchase some items, I accept PayPal. If you are looking for filler, here are some 0$-5$ cards I require: 1x Collective Voyage 1x Darksteel Garrison 1x Explosive Vegetation 1x Gruul Signet 1x Harrow 1x Hunting Wilds 1x Perilous Forays 1x Rampaging Baloths 1x Reap and Sow 1x Regrowth 1x Rites of Spring 1x Seer's Sundial 1x Summer Bloom 1x Courser of Kruphix 1x Crop Rotation 1x New Frontiers 1x Protean Hulk 1x Ramunap Excavator
I know this is very comprehensive - thanks for hanging in there!
2 months ago
You definitely need at least 5 more lands if you ever want to cast Omnath, Locus of Rage. Go down the Seer's Sundial and some combination of planeswalkers and maybe some of the embodiments, as your lands can die in combat. Also, Ground Assault isn't necessary because you already have enough removal. In there places you could play Azusa, Lost but Seeking, Oracle of Mul Daya, or Courser of Kruphix. The first 2 allow you to play Ghost Quarter over and over from the graveyard if you have a Ramunap Excavator out making you able to blow up some of their lands and trigger landfall multiple times. For the mana base, if you want it to be budget, just take out a couple of basics and add 4 Rootbound Crag and 4 Ghost Quarter. If you want it to be competitive, run 2 Windswept Heath, 4 Wooded Foothills, 4 Ghost Quarter, 4 Stomping Ground, and the rest basics.
2 months ago
First, cool deck! I was excited for Tatyova when I first saw it, and this is why. Also, you could try Roil Elemental, it draws a lot of removal but when it sticks it’s crazy. You can also play Seer's Sundial for card draw. In this deck Turntimber Basilisk can wipe out swaths of your opponents board after you cast a good ramp spell. Also, I’m not sure if your aware, but it says this deck has 101 cards, so you can cut one more as well.
2 months ago
Things to add
Things to take out
4 months ago
4 months ago
Individual Card Comments:
- Wayfarer's Bauble - Too Slow. Each time you recur it, it still costs 2.
- Contagion Engine How many cards can be affected by proliferate? If low, I'm not sure it is worth it.
- Spine of Ish Sah - Technically it goes to the yard, then the return to hand trigger goes on the stack. Find a way to bring it back to the battlefield before the bounce trigger resolves. Sculpting Steel copying Spine will cause Steel to come back to hand when sacrificed. Very useful.
- Impact Resonance - Really specific damage. I think it removes things after you need them to be removed.
- Unstable Obelisk - Even if you bring it back, it still costs 7 mana to remove something.
- Word of Seizing - Mindslaver is a good card because it is recurrable in your deck. This isn't. There are other gain control cards that are more useful. This and mindslaver both require you to play someone else's deck, which is a gamble whether it is worth it.
- Conjurer's Closet - How many ETB creatures do you have? Is this worth it?
- Alhammarret's Archive, Reliquary Tower, and Thought Vessel - I don't think you have enough draw to really abuse any of these. For the Archive, do you have any lifegain sources?
- Darksteel Colossus - This will never hit the graveyard, so you will always be hard casting it. Not sure if that works with your gameplan. The shuffle effect is a replacement effect, not a trigger so it doesn't use the stack.
- Hoard-Smelter Dragon - Meh, only works well with high CMC artifacts, and most of the time you'll be killing your own stuff.
- Kuldotha Forgemaster - What are you going to tutor for this that will win you the game?
- Kurkesh, Onakke Ancient - Good card, but copying what activated ability will win you the game?
- Scrap Mastery - This card is gold, and is a definite win condition in your deck. Make sure you have a way to preemptively sacrifice all of your creatures/discard your hand/mill yourself for most of your deck before resolving this.
- Unwinding Clock - Good card in this deck, but how many artifacts with tap abilities can you exploit using it?
- Karn, Silver Golem - I would only keep this for any combos associated with it. In a vacuum, he's just a good blocker.
- Skyshaper - Is create for the alpha strike single shot, I've got several big ass creatures or a shitload of tiny ones, but other than to give Blightsteel Colossus evasion, is this card super impactful?
- Phyrexia's Core, and Throne of Geth - I wouldn't consider either of these sacrifice outlets, because they are single use per rotation, and the Core costs mana. If you want sacrifice outlets I'd shoot for Ashnod's Altar, Altar of Dementia, and things that say "Sacrifice a creature:."
- Dormant Volcano - From seeing it in use, seems like you only want to see it really early on.
- Carnage Altar - I know you're in red and draw is at a premium, but 3 mana for a card is not the best.
- Too much Ramp
- Not enough Draw and Removal
- Does the deck work without Daretti? If no, find a way to protect him, or other artifact recursion sources.
- You WinCon category doesn't really have many cards that win you the game, just really impactful cards. Look for combos, or Insurrection like cards, or the dreaded MLD type effects. Basically cards that, if it resolves, win you the game.
- You have a lot of categories with one or two cards in it. I'd clean those up into more general things to get a more clear idea for what you're trying to do.
- You should probably be running more utility lands.
- Think about adding some sacrifice outlets. If this is a recursion/reanimation deck, you need to be able to kill shit when you want to.
- Red is really good at making temporary tokens, specifically artifact tokens, of things. Might be worth looking into.
- I try not to include lands in categories because they aren't abusable enough to be consistent. It gives you false category numbers. If you have 10 draw cards, but 3 are lands, you really don't have enough draw. But that's just my opinion.
- I'd try to find more "to the battlefield" recursion cards, instead of to your hand. Recasting those cards every turn causes mana problems. The "to hand" effects are still good though, just slower.
- Isochron Scepter would be good with some of the spells you have like Scrap Mastery, and Trash for Treasure.
- Tuktuk the Explorer and Feldon of the Third Path go well together, but the fact that the artifact is legendary sucks.
- Turning nonartifact cards into artifacts using effects like Liquimetal Coating is an interesting direction to look into, and there are a few cards that do similar things. Probably several useful combos to do with that. Especially if you ever get the Daretti emblem.
- Do you ever plan on getting a Daretti Emblem? Obviously you would like it, but to you, is it worth dedicating some card slots into cheating out loyalty counters to get him to 10? The problem is that he will very rarely get to 10 through use of his +2 alone. And even with Contagion Engine, people will attack him before he's at 8. Just something to think about. If you get the emblem, you've very likely won the game, so that can definitely be a win condition to pursue.
- "Control" is too ambiguous. Chaos Warp, and Steel Hellkite are removal, and Liquimetal Coating is protection(?).
- Red's draw is usually the looting (draw a card, then discard a card) and pillaging (discard a card, then draw a card) effects. These also aren't great, but using artifact recursion, cards like Mind Stone become very good draw effects if you can recur them every turn/rotation. Other abusable draws are Tamiyo's Journal, and Seer's Sundial. It might suck to give other people cards, but Howling Mine may also be worth it.
- It seems counter-intuitive, but Vandalblast might be useful, especially with Scrap Mastery.
- Are there more cards that let you cheat out artifacts from your hand like Copper Gnomes, if so that sounds like an interesting direction as well. Sneak Attack comes to mind, but
- Pentavus + Blade of the Bloodchief + Ashnod's Altar = Infinite mana.
- Nim Deathmantle + Myr Battlesphere/Pentavus + Ashnod's Altar = Infinite tokens
- Combos dont have to be infinite. If you can find a way to kill and recur Scuttling Doom Engine every turn/rotation, Id consider that a combo. Anything that puts a decent clock on everyone to answer your shit is a combo to me.
4 months ago
I don't see anything preventing this from working as long as you put the triggered abilities on the stack in the right order. The land's ability needs to be put on the stack before the Amulet of Vigor so you can tap it for mana before it's bounced. Retreat to Coralhelm's trigger can be added anywhere as long as you're always choosing the first option to untap Walking Atlas. You should also be able to add in any other landfall triggers you want. Hedron Crab, Seer's Sundial, Lotus Cobra, Retreat to Kazandu, Retreat to Hagra, Retreat to Emeria, and so on.