|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander Anthology (CMT)||Rare|
|Commander 2015 (C15)||Rare|
|Duel Decks: Zendikar vs Eldrazi (DDP)||Rare|
|Commander 2014 (C14)||Rare|
|Commander 2013 (C13)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Landfall — Whenever a land enters the battlefield under your control, you may pay . If you do, draw a card.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (33)||Wolfebladeelite , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , accioali , ironax , Dr.Jackel , REV666 , Lindough , DrPopular , Antiat , frederiklw , Grantley91 , thetechzombie , ecurps , RPG_FOX , GoldGhost012 , Vasbear1 , golgarigirl , sneferie , Psycheretic , Pelli , bakeraj4 , silvereh , Va1mar , , Reliva , TheAnnihilator , pskinn01 , duff87 , Zelpoke , rikertchu , , mziter501 , Swamy|
|Want (3)||Jelatinator , richardmv , ShishkyBob|
Seer's Sundial Discussion
2 weeks ago
2 weeks ago
Individual Card Comments:
- Wayfarer's Bauble - Too Slow. Each time you recur it, it still costs 2.
- Contagion Engine How many cards can be affected by proliferate? If low, I'm not sure it is worth it.
- Spine of Ish Sah - Technically it goes to the yard, then the return to hand trigger goes on the stack. Find a way to bring it back to the battlefield before the bounce trigger resolves. Sculpting Steel copying Spine will cause Steel to come back to hand when sacrificed. Very useful.
- Impact Resonance - Really specific damage. I think it removes things after you need them to be removed.
- Unstable Obelisk - Even if you bring it back, it still costs 7 mana to remove something.
- Word of Seizing - Mindslaver is a good card because it is recurrable in your deck. This isn't. There are other gain control cards that are more useful. This and mindslaver both require you to play someone else's deck, which is a gamble whether it is worth it.
- Conjurer's Closet - How many ETB creatures do you have? Is this worth it?
- Alhammarret's Archive, Reliquary Tower, and Thought Vessel - I don't think you have enough draw to really abuse any of these. For the Archive, do you have any lifegain sources?
- Darksteel Colossus - This will never hit the graveyard, so you will always be hard casting it. Not sure if that works with your gameplan. The shuffle effect is a replacement effect, not a trigger so it doesn't use the stack.
- Hoard-Smelter Dragon - Meh, only works well with high CMC artifacts, and most of the time you'll be killing your own stuff.
- Kuldotha Forgemaster - What are you going to tutor for this that will win you the game?
- Kurkesh, Onakke Ancient - Good card, but copying what activated ability will win you the game?
- Scrap Mastery - This card is gold, and is a definite win condition in your deck. Make sure you have a way to preemptively sacrifice all of your creatures/discard your hand/mill yourself for most of your deck before resolving this.
- Unwinding Clock - Good card in this deck, but how many artifacts with tap abilities can you exploit using it?
- Karn, Silver Golem - I would only keep this for any combos associated with it. In a vacuum, he's just a good blocker.
- Skyshaper - Is create for the alpha strike single shot, I've got several big ass creatures or a shitload of tiny ones, but other than to give Blightsteel Colossus evasion, is this card super impactful?
- Phyrexia's Core, and Throne of Geth - I wouldn't consider either of these sacrifice outlets, because they are single use per rotation, and the Core costs mana. If you want sacrifice outlets I'd shoot for Ashnod's Altar, Altar of Dementia, and things that say "Sacrifice a creature:."
- Dormant Volcano - From seeing it in use, seems like you only want to see it really early on.
- Carnage Altar - I know you're in red and draw is at a premium, but 3 mana for a card is not the best.
- Too much Ramp
- Not enough Draw and Removal
- Does the deck work without Daretti? If no, find a way to protect him, or other artifact recursion sources.
- You WinCon category doesn't really have many cards that win you the game, just really impactful cards. Look for combos, or Insurrection like cards, or the dreaded MLD type effects. Basically cards that, if it resolves, win you the game.
- You have a lot of categories with one or two cards in it. I'd clean those up into more general things to get a more clear idea for what you're trying to do.
- You should probably be running more utility lands.
- Think about adding some sacrifice outlets. If this is a recursion/reanimation deck, you need to be able to kill shit when you want to.
- Red is really good at making temporary tokens, specifically artifact tokens, of things. Might be worth looking into.
- I try not to include lands in categories because they aren't abusable enough to be consistent. It gives you false category numbers. If you have 10 draw cards, but 3 are lands, you really don't have enough draw. But that's just my opinion.
- I'd try to find more "to the battlefield" recursion cards, instead of to your hand. Recasting those cards every turn causes mana problems. The "to hand" effects are still good though, just slower.
- Isochron Scepter would be good with some of the spells you have like Scrap Mastery, and Trash for Treasure.
- Tuktuk the Explorer and Feldon of the Third Path go well together, but the fact that the artifact is legendary sucks.
- Turning nonartifact cards into artifacts using effects like Liquimetal Coating is an interesting direction to look into, and there are a few cards that do similar things. Probably several useful combos to do with that. Especially if you ever get the Daretti emblem.
- Do you ever plan on getting a Daretti Emblem? Obviously you would like it, but to you, is it worth dedicating some card slots into cheating out loyalty counters to get him to 10? The problem is that he will very rarely get to 10 through use of his +2 alone. And even with Contagion Engine, people will attack him before he's at 8. Just something to think about. If you get the emblem, you've very likely won the game, so that can definitely be a win condition to pursue.
- "Control" is too ambiguous. Chaos Warp, and Steel Hellkite are removal, and Liquimetal Coating is protection(?).
- Red's draw is usually the looting (draw a card, then discard a card) and pillaging (discard a card, then draw a card) effects. These also aren't great, but using artifact recursion, cards like Mind Stone become very good draw effects if you can recur them every turn/rotation. Other abusable draws are Tamiyo's Journal, and Seer's Sundial. It might suck to give other people cards, but Howling Mine may also be worth it.
- It seems counter-intuitive, but Vandalblast might be useful, especially with Scrap Mastery.
- Are there more cards that let you cheat out artifacts from your hand like Copper Gnomes, if so that sounds like an interesting direction as well. Sneak Attack comes to mind, but
- Pentavus + Blade of the Bloodchief + Ashnod's Altar = Infinite mana.
- Nim Deathmantle + Myr Battlesphere/Pentavus + Ashnod's Altar = Infinite tokens
- Combos dont have to be infinite. If you can find a way to kill and recur Scuttling Doom Engine every turn/rotation, Id consider that a combo. Anything that puts a decent clock on everyone to answer your shit is a combo to me.
2 weeks ago
I don't see anything preventing this from working as long as you put the triggered abilities on the stack in the right order. The land's ability needs to be put on the stack before the Amulet of Vigor so you can tap it for mana before it's bounced. Retreat to Coralhelm's trigger can be added anywhere as long as you're always choosing the first option to untap Walking Atlas. You should also be able to add in any other landfall triggers you want. Hedron Crab, Seer's Sundial, Lotus Cobra, Retreat to Kazandu, Retreat to Hagra, Retreat to Emeria, and so on.
1 month ago
Omnath is completely commander dependant, after all the goal of the deck is to combo off with him, so there is not much you can do, so you have to work around it. You need to protect him better and get a bit more recursion because Omnath at 7 CMC is expensive enough.
Against removals you can use Sylvan Safekeeper and Heroic Intervention and there is always Asceticism which is a bit more expensive both money and mana wise.
For recursion Seasons Past is one of my favorite cards lately, easilly you get five to seven cards out of it. Greenwarden of Murasa is another no brainer because of the tribal theme. Deadwood Treefolk works similarly, it sacrifices itself and you don't have to exile it, but only brings back creatures. Paleoloth is another creature I though about, the creature by itself is kinda bad, but with Omnath you can trigger it the same turn you cast it.
Some creatures are too big to be killed with damage or plainly indestructible, so I run stuff like Scour from Existence and Brittle Effigy. Spitebellows is a damage based removal but you can get a lotta triggers for just three mana.
You should cut Door of Destinies and Vanquisher's Banner, you only have 14 elemental spells (counting Omnath) so you won't be getting enough triggers out of them to make them worth their spot in the deck.
Animist's Awakening is just bad, keep in mind you will be getting about one land for every three mana you spend on the X (there are many other effects taking lands out of the deck). It would be good if were producing limitless mana, but if you already have infinite mana you don't really need so many lands, anyway it's a worse Genesis Wave. Better options are Traverse the Outlands and Boundless Realms or the Genesis Wave.
Stuff like Exploration and Wayward Swordtooth work amazingly in these decks, specially when you combine it with the Oracle of Mul Daya and Courser of Kruphix you already run and Ramunap Excavator if you were to include it (feels like a cheat with cards like Evolving Wilds).
1 month ago
2 months ago
Combo: Basilisk Collar combos with Furnace of Rath and Heartless Hidetsugu for insta-killing everyone. Life gain on other creatures is helpful. Library of Leng is awesome with wheel effects, it lets you keep the cards you want!
Card Advantage: Sunbird's Invocation provides needed card advantage for monoreds. Etali, Primal Storm, Loreseeker's Stone, Seer's Sundial, Arch of Orazca, Sea Gate Wreckage, Magus of the Wheel, Memory Jar, Gamble, Mizzix's MasteryI really think Wheel of Fortune is worth it.
Ramp: Thran Dynamo, Worn Powerstone, Ancient Tomb, Sisay's Ring, Crystal Vein, Dreamstone Hedron, Foriysian Totem, Gauntlet of Power, Gilded Lotus, Koth of the Hammer, maybe Mana Flare on the big turn/finisher
3 months ago
Thank you for your suggestions. Vernal Bloom is a must. Will go in.
Rude Awakening was another card I was thinking of adding. Definitely must go in.
Green Sun's Zenith is very good, will add once I find room
Rishkar's Expertise I thought about for a while, I put in Garruk Primal Hunter for a Soul's Magesty type of effect, but Rishkars does seem a lot better. Will add.
Shamanic Revelation is more for a token deck I feel. This deck doesn't go wide. The only time I can see it's use is with Kamahl.
Natural Order is pretty good. I feel like I need more green creatures to get use out of it. That's why I want to add Terastodon or some other big green dude which can be tutored with Natural Order or Green Sun's Zenith.
Regarding the cuts....
Boundless Realms is my FAVORITE CARD of the deck and helps you ramp and thin your deck. Will always be kept.
Genesis Wave is WAY TOO GOOD to be cut. Most of the deck is permanents and this card does SERIOUS work.
3 months ago
Hello, as an Azusa player myself here are some recommendations...
First and foremost I'd play a lot more basic Forests and add Vernal Bloom.
Since you're already playing Exploration, Ramunap Excavator , and such, I'd also play Nissa, Vastwood Seer Flip, Krosan Tusker, and Sylvan Ranger to keep the lands flowing in your hand and avoid having 1 card in hand turn 3 scenarios.
Rude Awakening can be a finisher and when it's not it allows explosive turns with all the mana doublers
Kamahl, Fist of Krosa is also great in keeping boardwipes in check, or finishing games.
Green Sun's Zenith is just my favorite creature tutor in green
Rishkar's Expertise because the value of this card is huge.
Shamanic Revelation can be quite good in some cases.
Natural Order, i would play that card. It's too good to pass.
As for the cuts, my personal choices would be Garruk, Primal Hunter, From Beyond, Boundless Realms, Seer's Sundial, and i would choose between the genesis cards and some of the eldrazi that requires casting. They do not synergize well and my choice would be to cut Genesis Hydra and Genesis Wave.
Hope this helps, all of these recommendations comes from my playtesting, but is still personal since my playgroup is probably different from yours.