Artifact — Equipment
Equipped creature has nonbasic landwalk. (It's unblockable as long as defending player controls a nonbasic land.)
|Want (2)||OziDeck , Orzhov202|
Printings View all
|Mystery Booster: Store Edition (MYSTOR)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Trailblazer's Boots Discussion
3 weeks ago
3 weeks ago
I like your deck however there are some changes that I would suggest making.
- Lightning Greaves: This card sounds like it would be very good however cards like this come with a very big downside. The downside is that it doesn't just stop your opponents from targeting your stuff it also stops you from targeting your stuff. This means that you will not be able to equip any more equipment to your creatures after you put the greaves on them. I would recommend replacing them with Swiftfoot Boots
- Whispersilk Cloak: I think that this should be taken out of the deck for the same reason that Lightning Greaves should be taken out and that is that it gives shroud. If you want the cloak for the unblockable then replace it with Trailblazer's Boots or Prowler's Helm and if you want it for the protection replace it with Champion's Helm.
- Argentum Armor: This card is good if you can get it on a creature but I think it just cost way too much, it takes twelve mana to play and equip in one turn and if you just play the equipment and leave it on the board it becomes an immediate target and you probably won't get to attack with it.
And that is pretty much it, if you have any questions feel free to ask.
1 month ago
EleshNornsFs the fact that it's reusable is the biggest selling point for me. It still will be the most I've ever spent on 1 card. You could buy an entire precon For the same price.
plakjekaas I love my Hammer of Nazahn it's an amazing equipment that functions as a Darksteel Plate mixed with a Sigarda's Aid. Tbh I mostly tutor for boots, Lightning Greaves Swiftfoot Boots or Trailblazer's Boots not because they're more powerful but because they're more powerful but because of haste or pseudo unblockable. Not saying the hammer isn't absolutely op, I almost always tutor it with Stoneforge Mystic because she can drop it in for half the cost a turn later. Basically I wouldn't really be after the protection aspect so much as the untap all my lands and make the player I hit discard aspect
2 months ago
Hello! Here a Rafiq player playing in a casual meta. I'm just rebuilding my deck after having it stolen (at least I got to play my new Noble Hierarch beforehand).
I'm having a horrible time (again) choosing a path for this deck. My meta is slower and much more casual, so I won't be including many control elements in your list. I find myself going toward a pseudo-voltron (cuz you know, Rafiq) deck combined with enchantments. Being Brago, King Eternal and Derevi, Empyrial Tactician my go-to creatures for the elements of control I need. What is your opinion on Stonehewer Giant? Have you considered the new Staggering Insight or Trailblazer's Boots?
My current decklist is under "maintenance" with 87 cards, but I'll leave you the link for it so you can check it out and comment on it. I'll happily take your advice! https://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/22-08-19-edh-bant/
3 months ago
3 months ago
Flawless Maneuver is currently in my Maybeboard. I like the idea of it being a free save for Balan or a way to spare my board from my own sweepers. I wouldn't call it better than Teferi's Protection though. Protection stops things that Maneuver can't.
And why would I be constantly tapping out every turn? My utility lands and removal spells appreciate me leaving mana open.
- Sanctuary Blade is pretty weak compared to the Swords, and I only run three of them. Why would I use it over one of the Swords I choose to omit?
- Trailblazer's Boots has nice evasion, but it doesn't provide anything else. I have plenty of Equipment that offer some form of evasion alongside other boons.
- Flooding my deck with card draw Equipment dilutes the quality of Equipment in total and negatively affects Balan's performance. Sword of Fire and Ice is the only card draw Equipment I need. I have other card draw sources in this deck to fall back on.
I had Burnished Hart before. Took it out as it was a bit too slow for this deck's liking.
Grafted Exoskeleton is a no-go for me. Infect (and poison in general) is a greatly hated mechanic. I don't want that negativity attached to this deck. I used to run Inkmoth Nexus, and it wasn't an enjoyable experience for anyone.
I have an issue with Inspiring Statuary, and its the word "nonartifact." It can't make Equipment cheaper to cast, and that's a major dealbreaker.
3 months ago
Have you looked into some of the new commander cards from c20? Flawless Maneuver and Sanctuary Blade are very decent in this deck. I know you dismissed them, but flawless maneuver is better than tefferi's protection in this deck because you're using all your mana every turn if it's running right... And if you're tapped out that's when your opponent will generally try to throw off your game plan. Sanctuary blade is very decent, low costed and grants a decent boost for balan. What about Burnished Hart for the mana ramp? Also could suggest Grafted Exoskeleton, just one more equipment and you're dealing lethal. Rogue's Gloves and Mask of Memory are both decent card draw for a deck like this or Infiltration Lens if you're not very evasive. Inspiring Statuary is also very powerful in this deck because equipment tapping doesn't interfere with the deck plan. Trailblazer's Boots is very decent, every deck runs non basic lands. Anyways great deck!