|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Artifact — Equipment
Equipped creature has nonbasic landwalk. (It's unblockable as long as defending player controls a nonbasic land.)
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (5)||AllDayTayTay , XxCataclysmiCxX , rockleemyhero , Friedrice24 , Famicomania|
|Want (38)||Deragon16 , Cartridge , podivuhodnyblemc , Georgez96 , Yoshi400x7 , Arcaedic , Mr.Bebo , pphhaazzee , PurePlasma , Sckeetch , Alextheamazing , BizarreBurrito , king0fclubs , Dragonsound , coadster , fast313 , zgriffin1989 , nibelheim , mhmaurer , MTGgamer316 , zephyrmoth , NobleSlay3r , Orohu , Tibus , EcSamuel , d1nro , MrBubbles110 , RoninH3RO , MoxFlux , sleepy104 , UncleJoe421 , puppixx , Ariumlegion , Lordaether , bbtancakes , georgehades , IsaacX28 , sneferie|
Trailblazer's Boots Discussion
1 month ago
Kaneki___Ken I assume most of the base card draw (I don't know the precon, but am assuming some of it is normal, non-enchantment-based card draw) and ramp is useable, all of the stuff you don't think will make a big difference. With Arixmethes, cheap ramp and card draw, Elvish Mystic/Brainstorm type effects, that can get you to Arixmethes and to get him the counters are what matters for a number of the cards.
The rest of the deck should be protecting him, think Lightning Greaves, Swiftfoot Boots, and Curator's Ward, then to double his power, with effects like Inquisitor's Flail, Fireshrieker, Grappling Hook, and Grafted Exoskeleton.
1 month ago
My best mobo red as far as ramp goes is God Save the Dragon Queen best opening hand is three or four lands, one ramp and one creature cost reduction. I built The Old Grixis Mill because I almost killed my opponent while playing my grenzo deck. Cards like Whispersilk Cloak and Trailblazer's Boots
1 month ago
As a fellow Angel lover (you can see my angel tribal & taxes deck here ), I think you run many angels that are simply not good enough. Angel of Retribution, Radiant, Archangel is too fragile to mass removal, Seraph of Dawn, Seraph of the Suns, Shepherd of the Lost, Requiem Angel, Angelic Field Marshal is useless if you don't have your commander out, and if you have it you really don't need that much having viligance on all your creatures when a lot of them already have it, Exquisite Archangel (if you want this kind of effect I would prefer Resolute Archangel, that does it whenever you want), Herald of War I think is too slow, all of those I think cost too much for what they do, even Radiant, because she is too vulnerable against mass removal, although you could argue that she is good enough, I don't like her that much. I also think some of them like Silver Seraph or Shattered Angel could be removed but I'm fearing that I am going to cut too much and you will end up with less than 100 cards. Also, I'd suggest removing Iona, as hard as it is for me to say, but when my opponents stole it from me for the third time and named white I finally decided is too risky to run her in a monocolored deck.
I also think you are running some inefficient lifegain. Chaplain's Blessing is too weak, you could instead run cards like Blessed Alliance that are far more versatile, or Solemn Offering to mix targeted removal with life gain. Rest for the Weary, Sun Droplet, those ones I think are too ineficient.
Finally, some of the artifacts you run are to make your creatures able to evade more, but I don't think it is necessary when all of them already fly and are enormous, so I would cut Trailblazer's Boots and Prowler's Helm. I don't think Whispersilk Cloak is that good taking into account how many enchantments and abilities you have that target your creatures, and Sunbeam Spellbomb isn't good enough if you are not running some kind of graveyard recursion.
Finally, I would cut many of the cards you use to buff up your angels. They are already big, you don't need too many +1/+1 effects when you are always casting 5/5s, 6/6s and 7/7s. That would make Silver Seraph, Path of Bravery, Honor of the Pure, Dictate of Heliod and Light from Within cuttable.
Have you thought about adding Approach of the Second Sun? It's a nice alternate win condition that makes you gain life. I'd also think about including the OG Ajani Goldmane, it was made specifically about lifegain.
1 month ago
Il tuo mazzo necessita di un buon pacchetto di removal per far morire quante più creature possibili, in modo da rendere Kresh grosso, ed allo stesso tempo ti servono cose che diano evasion a kresh per fare in modo che riesca a colpire. Farò suggerimenti su cambi funzionali e cambi di budget, sia in più economico che in più costoso.
- Anger -> Fires of Yavimaya perché costano di meno in mana, soldi e sono più affidabili (senza contare quel +2/+2 che può sempre tornare utile). Sulla stessa linea c'è Fervor, Mass Hysteria e Concordant Crossroads (quest'ultima balza, but still).
- Wood Elves -> Diligent Farmhand perché gli elfi in un mazzo tre colori possono essere un fattore limitante. Il secondo ti prende qualsiasi terra.
- Farhaven Elf -> Kodama's Reach perché è più forte, per lo stesso mana. La differenza è non avere poi una creatura in campo da eventualmente sacrificare.
- Ghave, Guru of Spores -> Mazirek, Kraul Death Priest devi metterlo assolutamente. Punto.
- Golgari Findbroker -> Plaguecrafter perché 1/5 del tuo mazzo è costituito di carte non permanent. Va benissimo la cosa, ma rende meno utile lui.
- Omnath, Locus of Rage -> Slum Reaper/Barter in Blood perché hai bisogno di effetti che facciano sacrificare e conseguentemente crescere Kresh.
- Shriekmaw -> Ravenous Chupacabra perché non ha le limitazioni del primo. Non ha evoke, ma in teoria non dovresti aver bisogno di evoke per poter sacrificare le tue creature.
- Terastodon -> Mitotic Slime perché Kresh cresce se muoiono creature, mentre il Terastodon distrugge permanenti non creatura. In più, ti serve avere delle cose da sacrificare che non siano Kresh.
- Wasitora, Nekoru Queen -> Creakwood Liege/ perché è più affidabile e da +2/+2 a Kresh. Anche Sylvan Offering/Endrek Sahr, Master Breeder sono interessanti. Hai bisogno di tanti token da poter sacrificare.
- Yavimaya Elder -> Smothering Abomination/Deathreap Ritual/Dragon Appeasement/Fecundity sono più forti per pescare. Anche perché l'anziano non rampa, bensì ti mette solo due terre base in mano.
- Rakdos Charm non fa nulla di utile, a parte eventualmente spaccare un artefatto, ma per quello è meglio Shattering Spree oppure Vandalblast. Se vuoi esiliare i cimiteri c'è Bojuka Bog.
Attrition -> Dictate of Erebos/Grave Pact costano uguale in soldi, ma li valgono tutti, a differenza di Attrition. Darksteel Axe -> Darksteel Plate sempre di qualità darksteel, ma meglio. Se ti piace indestructible, potrebe piacerti anche Shield of Kaldra e Hammer of Nazahn.
Valuta di trovare un posto per carte che diano colpo sicuro a Kresh, come:
Valuta di inserire qualche sacrifice outlet come (nella sezione terre ce ne sono altre molto forti):
Nella sezione terre ti consiglio:
- Golgari Rot Farm -> Tainted Peak perché le karoo fanno schifo e le tainted sono fortissime.
- Golgari Guildgate -> Mosswort Bridge senza discussioni, il gate è lento e tu hai tanto ramp, quindi ti servono terre base. Trova un posto anche per Spinerock Knoll.
- Ti consiglio assolutamente di mettere o almeno valutare:
- Myriad Landscape e Blighted Woodland come ramp.
- Cinder Glade/Smoldering Marsh/Canyon Slough/Sheltered Thicket (che possono essere prese da Jund Panorama, ad esempio).
- Foreboding Ruins e Game Trail (che entrano entrambe stappate se in mano hai una Misty Eye of the Mountain below)
- Flamekin Village ed Hanweir Battlements per dare haste a Kresh.
- Grim Backwoods/High Market/Keldon Necropolis sono sacrifice outlet sulle terre (praticamente indistruttibili).
- Kessig Wolf Run, Skarrg, the Rage Pits, Khalni Garden possono tornare utili.
Se con queste sostituzioni nella mana base finisci per avere più di quattro terre che producono , valuta di inserire al posto di una creatura ramp la Chromatic Lantern, che è stata ristampata da poco ed è scesa.
1 month ago
Kalemne is always going to be a priority 1 target, so I rarely ever cast her without being able to equip something else to her in the same turn that can protect her, like Swiftfoot Boots or Darksteel Plate or a Sword
I really don't care for Sunforger because it's too slow. I prefer equipment that are more immediately useful and aren't as easy to interrupt
At the moment I don't see any reason to add any more evasion equipment because I'm running plenty already. I'm running 5 equipment that give evasion, 5 cards that can tutor for those equipment, and 4 cards that can recur those equipment from the graveyard. I'm also running Rogue's Passage and Expedition Map for overkill. For years that has always been enough. If, for some reason, I ever wanted another piece of evasion, I'd probably add Trailblazer's Boots first
As you can see, Stonecloaker is occupying my flex spot, meaning that you can take it out for other things if you want to test something different or if you want to metagame. It's in the deck because it's repeatable surprise graveyard hate, and it can sometimes save an important creature from removal. I'm planning on replacing it with Teferi's Protection once I get one
Squee, the Immortal is there for exactly that reason! Always having access to a creature is important for this deck! It doesn't matter how big the creature is when it's equipped to something like Umezawa's Jitte or one of the Swords. More importantly, he's there to protect against sacrifice effects. If an opponent is looping Fleshbag Marauder every turn (not an uncommon occurrence due to decks like Meren of Clan Nel Toth, Mikaeus, the Unhallowed, Chainer, Dementia Master, Muldrotha, the Gravetide, Sheoldred, Whispering One, Karador, Ghost Chieftain, or any black deck worth its salt, really), having a creature that comes back every turn will be invaluable, as you won't have to sacrifice Kalemne or any of your important utility creatures
1 month ago
I understand not wanting to need 2 cards, though Hour is still very good by itself. I do tend to try and run 2-3 boros charm and teferis protection effects. But yeah I have used Ugin and All is dust many times in the past to great effect.
I played the deck the other day. It played really well. Kalemne got shot down early, so I had to go on the long game plan. But it still played well. Based on my experience with the deck I think I wanted to see Sunforger since its so good when the game goes long. Also maybe another piece of evasion equipment, a Loxodon Warhammer, Trailblazer's Boots, or Fleetfeather Sandals could all be reasonable. I wasn't super excited to see Stonecloaker so unless that's for a specific meta thing I might cut that one. Otherwise though the deck played really well. I should have the video posted on my channel sometime next week. Ill post a link once its up.
I meant to ask, whats the purpose of Squee? Is it just so you always have access to a creature to equip?
1 month ago
2 months ago
So as I understand it, the goal here is to steal your opponents' wincons, largely through milling, then win with those?
I'd perhaps run Lazav, Dimir Mastermind as the commander here, as he seems to fit in perfectly to what you are doing (and many people will not be okay with as a commander, though if your local meta is okay with it then NBD).
I see you're on a budget, so I'll do my best to make my suggestions budget. I'd run Mesmeric Orb, as it's one of the best mill cards ever printed. Effects like Mind Control are great for this kind of deck, and Prowler's Helm/Trailblazer's Boots are great to give things unblockable. Have you considered Sewer Nemesis as another way to push damage through? Beyond that, I'd run WAY less ETB tapped lands - they slow your tempo more than is acceptable IMO. I'm also surprised by the lack of a Sol Ring...
I can give more specific advice later when I get off work if you want :)