|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2017 (C17)||Rare|
|Commander 2015 (C15)||Rare|
|Magic 2013 (M13)||Rare|
|Promo Set (000)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Staff of Nin
At the beginning of your upkeep, draw a card.
: Staff of Nin deals one damage to target creature or player.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (30)||orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , , LTmiller , MagnaAura , Willis1994 , ecurps , angesoir , Pelli , mziter501 , silvereh , tragic_slip , switchkill65 , Mogar , Dr_Jay , pokemate0 , , Nemesis , Friedrice24 , Venser_the_Sojoner , Boza , SketchyScribbler , DarkMagician , Swamy , duff87 , pskinn01 , brentkc49 , Thunderbeard , PTsmitty , rockleemyhero , rakdos24|
|Want (3)||Gearfriedroy , Ariumlegion , Va1mar|
Staff of Nin Discussion
1 day ago
1 week ago
Interesting list. I just finished off my own series of upgrades (http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/arahbo-combat-cats/). A few things I noticed about yours:
I like that you have some graveyard hate in your sideboard. Graveyard decks are a problem in my meta as well.
I also like that you're mostly sticking with the cat theme of the deck. The few non-cats I see contribute directly to your gameplan.
I would recommend swapping a couple of forests for more plains. Ideally you'll start the game with more than one source of white mana in your hand to help cast some of the low-cost, higher white devotion cards (e.g. Leonin Relic-Warder and Loam Lion).
Your mana curve is a little high for my tastes, especially in the CMC6 range. In my opinion, the best way to win with Arahbo is to start swinging in the early game for high damage. Starting with a couple of high-cost late-game cards in your hand hurts your ability to play fast. You could also use some card draw, such as Harmonize and Staff of Nin.
It seems you've over-committed to multiple game plans. I see elements of "enchantress"-style game play (e.g. Ajani's Chosen) while you only run 5 enchantments, equipment-matters with considerably more support, and life gain without many ways to gain life (e.g. Felidar Sovereign).
Mindslaver is a really fun card, but I don't notice many ways for you to repeat the effect. If you want to make it more at home in the deck, I suggest finding ways to use it multiple times. Green and White have a decent number of ways to recycle cards. Here's a quick Scryfall search to help you start: https://scryfall.com/search?q=o%3Areturn+o%3Agraveyard+commander%3AWG&unique=cards&as=grid&order=name
2 weeks ago
Your land count seems pretty high in a mono-colored deck. If you're worried about your curve, swap out some land for some rocks such as Gilded Lotus (there are cheaper ones if you don't care about colors).
Also look into more card draw. Black isn't a color I focus on, so I'm not familiar of anything that would help you here, but you could always throw in something like Staff of Nin.
2 weeks ago
You asked me for some card advantage and removal. Here are some ideas.Blasphemous ActLightning BoltCollective DefianceFall of the HammerChaos WarpChaos WarpVandalblastBy ForceSong of the DryadsOxidizeKrosan GripNaturalizeNature's ClaimBack to NaturePath to ExileOblationReturn to DustNevermoreStasis SnareWrath of GodGambleShamanic RevelationRishkar's ExpertiseWheel of FateWheel of FortuneSoul of the HarvestStaff of NinReforge the SoulCathartic ReunionHarmonizeSylvan Library
2 weeks ago
3 weeks ago
You could really get a lot of value out of creatures with exert, you untap the every turn with Aurelia and on top of that they gain vigilance with the trumpet.Devoted Crop-Mate, Angel of Condemnation, Tah-Crop Elite, Glorybringer.
You will inevitably run out of cards in your hand, it's a Boros deck after all. Here are some ways to refill it: Ghirapur Orrery, Staff of Nin, Culling Dais, The Immortal Sun (a bit pricy but it's really good), Loreseeker's Stone, Oracle's Vault.
Some equipments Mask of Memory, Rogue's Gloves, Skullclamp, Infiltration Lens.
3 weeks ago
3 weeks ago
- Mindcrank - keep in mind that things like Underground River or Phyrexian Arena also trigger Mindcrank. Mwahaha
- Spelltwine - instead of or in addition to Memory Plunder. Not instant speed, but two spells rather than just one.
- Mastermind's Acquisition - the official commander rules are a little fuzzy on bringing cards in from outside the game. I believe they say to handle it on a playgroup by playgroup basis, so just check with your opponents before you start
- Silumgar's Command, Ruinous Path, or Hero's Downfall can help with removal
You also have no sort of board wipe or wrath. Something like a cycled Decree of Pain would miss most of your high-toughness dudes or it could be cast normally if needed. Tragic Slip is an EDH staple and gets around indestructible.
Things you could possibly remove:
- Living Wall - I feel like you can do better than 4 mana for a 0/6 (Like Guardians of Meletis for example, which you already have), though the regenerate is nice.
- Forgotten Creation - what benefit do you get from discarding your hand? Is there a card that deals damage to your opponents when you do? If there's nothing like that, Forgotten Creation isn't contributing much. I'd feel like you'll be able to achieve delirium fairly easily
- Kefnet's Monument and Bontu's Monument - keep an eye on your black to blue creature ratio and your creature to non-creature ratio to see if you should remove one or both of these
- Meekstone - currently about 1/3 of your creatures have power 3 or greater so keep an eye on this
- Swarm Intelligence - lots of mana when you have other ways of copying spells. Though this is an enchantment. Hmm.
- Candles of Leng - Why not just Staff of Nin or something instead?
- Soul Net - doesn't trigger off of things being put from a library into the graveyard