Anafenza, the Foremost
Legendary Creature — Human Soldier
Whenever Anafenza, the Foremost attacks, put a +1/+1 counter on another target tapped creature you control.
If a creature card would be put into an opponent's graveyard from anywhere, exile it instead.
|Have (3)||metalmagic , DudeMan1031 , PostContact|
Printings View all
|Khans of Tarkir (KTK)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Anafenza, the Foremost occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.02%
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%
Anafenza, the Foremost Discussion
3 days ago
Could go the control-ish/Stax-ish enchantment approach of using Anafenza, the Foremost. Not sure if that's your cup of tea, but there's a lot of potentially mean enchantments in Abzan colors.
1 week ago
I have two
My friend and I were playing one on one, and he had a Kiku, Night's Flower and I had my Anafenza, the Foremost deck. He had just used ad nauseum to get most of his deck into his hand, then discarded his grave into his graveyard before casting Rise of the Dark Realms and getting about 70 power on the board. And the most I have is some spirit creature tokens and High Sentinels of Arashin at about 10 power.
The other favorite is that the entire game I was managing to decently deal damage to my friend with my Vaevictis Asmadi, the Dire deck and my friend has their Lord Windgrace, but am hellbent at that point with a Greater Good. So Im about to swing in for lethal next turn with an army of goblins and other creatures and Vaevictus on the board. He casts a Damnation and thinking I can get cards back to rebuild, Im about to sacrifice Vaevictus and all my other big creatures, and he casts a Krosan Grip. I now have no cards and no field, and he wins by Scapeshift with Lotus Cobra and Amulet of Vigor on board and burns me out.
SynergyBuild on enpc
1 week ago
Sadly, you need to get to 6 power for Sisay, since Sisay, Weatherlight Captain says 'costs less than' rather than 'equal to or less than.'
No worries, the use of Jegantha as a companion is it lets you get Sisay to 4 power on it's own, which allows the whole combo to occur with no extra pieces. Yes 11 mana is a ton, but 3-3-5 isn't too bad, when it's a 5 color, 0 card combo, you can work with anything in deck. Radha while not bad for the deck, will often be worse than other ramp pieces like Kinnan, Bonder Prodigy, or just normal ramp.
The actual legends in more competitive Sisay lists (according to lists I've seen) are Lavinia, Azorius Renegade, Anafenza, the Foremost, Gaddock Teeg, Tymna the Weaver, Thrasios, Triton Hero, Kinnan, Bonder Prodigy, Teferi, Time Raveler, Oko, Thief of Crowns, Kethis, the Hidden Hand, Dack Fayden, Aminatou, the Fateshifter, The Chain Veil, Umezawa's Jitte, Derevi, Empyrial Tactician/Najeela, the Blade-Blossom (and Samut, Voice of Dissent optionally for this combo).
Optionally (on EDHREC) Helm of the Host, Hammer of Nazahn, Reki, the History of Kamigawa, Alesha, Who Smiles at Death, Domri, Anarch of Bolas, Teferi, Hero of Dominaria, Shalai, Voice of Plenty, Kambal, Consul of Allocation, Jhoira, Weatherlight Captain, Saffi Eriksdotter, Hapatra, Vizier of Poisons, Yisan, the Wanderer Bard, Captain Sisay, Brago, King Eternal, Kunoros, Hound of Athreos, Ashiok, Dream Render/Narset, Parter of Veils/Teferi, Master of Time/Linvala, Keeper of Silence (non-Jegantha variations)
Sadly, while Radha seems okay? Tutoring it is really bad, since you could fetch value pieces like Wrenn and Six, or better ramp like Kinnan, Bonder Prodigy, and I doubt you need an extra green if you can cast Sisay and activate her, and she also already needs to have a 1 color legend out. If you are looking to use Radha for pumping Sisay, run more of the optional legends. Idk, I could be wrong but I don't see it being popular, I hope you have the best of luck with it, it seems pretty fun for the deck on terms of a flavor include!
4 weeks ago
Primevals' Glorious Rebirth, Restock, Reap, Wildest Dreams, Once and Future, All Suns' Dawn, Seasons Past, Creeping Renaissance, Hanna, Ship's Navigator, Muldrotha, the Gravetide, Nature's Spiral, etc.
I'd include Blackblade Reforged no matter what. Also, Kethis, the Hidden Hand would be good. A decent amount of 2-4 CMC legends with strong utility to boost Sisay would be prudent. Anafenza, the Foremost, Lavinia, Azorious Renegade, Sygg, River Cutthroat, Gaddock Teeg etc.
2 months ago
Swilliam Bloodsoaked Champion is definitely worth trying out, and Anafenza, the Foremost might be just the card needed to grind out later games. Hanweir Militia Captain Flip however seems very slow for this deck, and not a good main board strategy. I do believe that it fits as a sideboard card to add when playing against other decks that build their board up.
2 months ago
Bloodsoaked Champion would be good for recursion and Hanweir Militia Captain Flip can spawn tokens to sacrifice or buff. Also Dire Tactics is great removal for this deck. Anafenza, the Foremost can be retrieved with Collected Company and is great value for its cost.
2 months ago
I have bad news for you- this deck unfortunately doesn't work. When played as a companion, Lurrus of the Dream-Den checks your current deck, excluding only the sideboard (which EDH obviously doesn't have), and if it contains any permanent cards with converted mana cost greater than 2, it cannot be played as your companion. This includes the commander, and since Anafenza, the Foremost has a converted mana cost of 3, Lurrus of the Dream-Den cannot be played as the companion.
Also, you accidentally added Seal of Doom.
3 months ago
I looked up a few utility creatures that you might want to consider.
- Collector Ouphe: Green is the one color without creature-boardwipes, but also the only color with land ramp. Every other color has to relies on artifacts (mostly) to have a form of acceleration. The Ouphe is always greeted with eye rolling and sighs as he usually slows down at least half the decks on the table. Many greenless decks are completely screwed and can't do anything but sit there and wait to draw another land.
- Kataki, War's Wage: Does basically the same, shuts down all mana rocks.
- Thalia, Guardian of Thraben: Makes not only all boardwipes cost more, but also slows down all acceleration except for dorks (witch are all green). Not sure, if it conflicts with this deck's high number of own non-creature spells.
- Vryn Wingmare: If Thalia works really well, there is another.
- Sanctum Prelate: If you know your meta well, you might be able to turn off almost all boardwipes. The stats are quite bad tho.
- Leonin Arbiter: Definitely better in more competitive metas. Shuts down fetchlands (also your own!), ruins all fast combo decks and prevents tutoring for boardwipes.
- Aven Mindcensor: Same thing.
- Deathrite Shaman: I know this card used to be in the deck, but I think this is one of the best cards in commander, period. Depending on your meta (the amount of fetches), it always produces meta. You could also max out on your own fetches. But the most important thing is: Many decks straight up can't attempt to pull of their combo, against instant speed graveyard hate.
- Anafenza, the Foremost: I really think this card should be in the deck. Great stats, a nice attack trigger and a passive ability that cripples lots of decks just added on top (also prevents lots of combos).
- Selfless Spirit: Not a hatebear, but I don't know why this card is not in the deck.
- Dauntless Escort: Slightly worse.