Heart of Kiran
Artifact — Vehicle
Crew 3 (Tap any number of creatures you control with total power 3 or more: This Vehicle becomes an artifact creature until end of turn.)
You may remove a loyalty counter from a planeswalker you control rather than pay Heart of Kiran's crew cost.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (14)||failurechild88 , unnaturalelementals , RubyStrings , Puzzlemayor , meowCat1234 , dolphinsgrubb , brokendwarf , golgarigirl , rakdos24 , Grantley91 , thetechzombie , Va1mar , Atony1400 , ecurps|
|Want (2)||CrimsonKing , westdoorblowsnow|
Heart of Kiran Discussion
13 hours ago
What? JacesAlly2016, you're very silly.
Winding Constrictor was in the 4th place deck at PT Amonkhet. So I have a hard time agreeing with you that it died with the release and that it should be cut. Obviously it will be boarded out in matchups where the opponent uses -1/-1 counters, but the incredible advantage it gives in every other matchup far outweighs the few matchups (none at my shop...) where it's bad.
Yes, Evolving Wilds helps Revolt Fatal Push, but Harnessed Lightning can help with those higher cmc creatures. And Evolving Wilds is just slow, and losing tempo sucks - I would much rather play a tapped land turn 1 and then begin to curve out, or play Attune with Aether to help fix/gain energy.
Why would I cut Hazoret the Fervent for Bontu the Glorified? You have no reasoning for that suggestion and then say I should probably just cut black, which directly contradicts your idea. What's the deal?
I'm confident my sideboard is able to take care of artifacts with 4x Dispossess (Aetherworks Marvel isn't a threat if I'm removing it before it can resolve, and multiples allow for the possibility of hitting Heart of Kiran as well) and 2x Appetite for the Unnatural. Also, Magma Spray has performed much better for me vs. zombies than Incendiary Flow would being sorcery speed and 2 cmc; an ideal turn 3 play vs zombies is 2 drop and hold 1 R for the Spray.
I welcome constructive criticism, and I challenge you to provide some sort of substance to support your suggestions.
3 days ago
I've done a swap of the number of Glorybringer and Verdurous Gearhulk. 4x Glorybringer gives me better odds to draw it and get it into play turn four or five. I've also increased the number of Mountain to 3x cutting 1x Forest to make room. Glorybringer is double red so having another red source that doesn't come into play tapped really helps.
The difference between the Dragon and Gearhulk is the Dragon's haste. Creature removal is good right now and I get more value faster out of the Dragon than Gearhulk. I've also found the Dragon to be much better than Gearhulk in both Mardu Vehicles and Zombie matchups, especially Mardu as a great way to deal with Gideon, Ally of Zendikar. Gearhulk is also an artifact, the Dragon isn't, which is relevant.
I was sideboarding a third Glorybringer, but I don't need to do that anymore, I cut it for a third Manglehorn. I like Manglehorn in both Marvel and Mardu Vehicles matchups, especially Mardu because it can kill Heart of Kiran and slow down Scrapheap Scrounger.
Small Summary, Sideboard Cards for Matchups (Look for a more in depth guide in the Sideboard Card Choices section soon):
- Marvel: 4x Negate, 2x Manglehorn and 2x Tireless Tracker. Negate is the best card in the matchup because it can counter Marvel as well as both Chandras. I need all four Negates because I want to at least have one turn four. Tracker comes in as a way to get some card advantage if I can disrupt Marvel. This deck has no way to stop Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger.
- Zombies: 3x Radiant Flames, 1x Magma Spray. Flames and Spray are the best cards in the matchup. Spray because it can exile either Dread Wanderer, Relentless Dead or Scrapheap Scrounger. A heavy removal suite of 4x Spray, 4x Harnessed Lightning and 3x Flames is very potent and needed. Harnessed is important because it can kill Lord of the Accursed and/or large Diregraf Colossus, double Lord can make Zombies more than 3 power which gets around Flames. Sometimes I need to kill a Lord before I can sweep the board. Metallic Mimic is also a problem in this matchup it's best to kill it because it can make Zombies more than 3 power.
- Mardu Vehicles: 3x Manglehorn and 1x Magma Spray. This matchup is all about killing or delaying Heart of Kiran. Spray can exile Scrapheap Scrounger as well as kill a turn one Toolcraft Exemplar. Glorybringer although not a sideboard card is one of the best cards for the matchup because it can help me to stabilize being a terrific counter play to Gideon, Ally of Zendikar.
- Izzet Control: 4x Negate, 3x Tireless Tracker and 1x Manglehorn. Negate is to stop Glimmer of Genius, Sweltering Suns and protect Tracker. Glimmer is the card that puts Control very far ahead. Suns is the Control players sweeper of choice and it can wreck me if it resolves. Tracker is the card I want to see in this matchup because if I can protect it, it can out card advantage Control. Censor is something I have to look out for always be aware of needing an extra mana for my spells.
- Golgari Energy: 3x Tireless Tracker and 1x Rhonas the Indomitable some versions are playing Heart of Kiran if so 3x Manglehorn also. Fatal Push is the removal spell of choice from my opponent making 3 drops much better than 2 drops in this matchup. Tracker comes in as a way to gain card advantage and Rhonas can be a both an attacker and blocker, mostly a great blocker. Storing energy for Harnessed Lightning is very important because my opponent's creatures can get big.
4 days ago
@saintyyy glad u like the deck. You can link his deck if you want for me to look at. I am about to make a few edits to make the deck more effective.
@lords2001 I am going to add in Declaration in Stone over Grasp of Darkness or possibly even Fatal Push. The only thing that should cause issues with is Heart of Kiran but I have so much artifact hate because of Marvel I should be okay. That will also make zombies, emerge, and Metalwork Colossus (since usually 3 hit and all 3 are exiled and can't come back) a bit less potent.
Kalitas is being for the most part useless on cockatrice testing nor do I own any atm or want to pay for it when it will rotate soon. It just dies to Grasp of Darkness the moment it comes out against zombies. I will add 1 more Cataclysmic Gearhulk in the side, it is proving very effective against a variety of decks. It wipes the board and is a big body with vigilance that swings every turn and can still block. I will also add a Summary Dismissal in the side. I don't know if I am going to still go with Dispossess or switch to Lost Legacy or Transgress the Mind. I am also thinking of adding 1 Linvala, the Preserver back in the mainboard. I am going to put my Anticipate back in though, was trying to test the deck without them and more lands because of the cycle lands, I like having both for even mroe consistency. Just thinking of options. This deck went about 80-15 during testing on cockatrice for all of AER standard, the thing about control is figuring out the right answers. The meta changed, the answers have to change, as soon as I get it dialed in though the deck should be fairly unstoppable. I also need to write a primer about the deck, so hopefully that comes soon, have to play around with the code and formatting for it.
Also, don't forget to upvote the deck if you like it!
5 days ago
Haven't melded yet, but I could see it happening. When I've lost it's been really really close, so maybe theres some card out there that can shore up the last little gap and get me to the stage of the game where i dominate the board. I'm considering Nahiri's Wrath as a way to put a target into the GY as well as potentially deal with gideon. The card thats really beat my face in tho has been Heart of Kiran.
6 days ago
Seems interesting for sure. Smuggler's copter is banned in standard though, so you would probably want to sub in Heart of Kiran
You could also run Aether Hub and Attune with Aether for a little more mana fixing, also Attune would get a sorcery in your graveyard for Grim Flayer If you do end up adding a bit of energy Aethersphere Harvester is a great card against aggro. Just some thoughts!
1 week ago
Randsome, Walking Ballista is very good with Winding Constrictor and seems like an auto include in a deck using the snake, but if you don't want to get Ballista's then you could use it's slots for anything really, Negate is even an option. Never / Return or Ruinous Path are fine in it's place, but I don't think you really need any more removal main deck, 4x Fatal Push and 3x Grasp of Darkness is enough. Aethersphere Harvester is good at pressuring Planeswalkers. Saying this I would definitely sideboard 1-2x Never or Path as some Planeswalker removal. I would also sideboard 4x Transgress the Mind which can hit any Planeswalker.
Some possible cards you could use in Ballista's place who go with the theme and with the snake are:
- Longtusk Cub
- Glint-Sleeve Siphoner
- Rogue Refiner
- Bristling Hydra
- Tireless Tracker
- Rhonas the Indomitable
As far as strengths and weaknesses of Sultai and Temur I think it really comes down to which kind of deck you want to play. Even though Sutali has energy I consider it more of a counters deck because the power of Winding Constrictor is in counters not energy. Temur is more of an energy deck that's also using counters, but energy is the main theme. If you like energy play Temur and if you like counters than play Sultai.
Sultai Strengths and Weaknesses:
- Better manabase having access to 7-8x fast lands that can make green mana.
- More powerful curve of Winding Constrictor, Rishkar, Peema Renegade and Verdurous Gearhulk. By itself a curve of Constrictor into Rishkar can be game winning.
- Better sideboard options for Marvel matchups and control matchups. Transgress the Mind and Negate can both stop Marvel. Transgress can hit Torrential Gearhulk.
- Less reliant on energy if keeping Elves.
- Constrictor is a huge target for removal and unfortunately the deck very much relies on him to be alive without him the power level drops a lot.
- Problematic removal options, other than Fatal Push all other removal has double black casting cost. Push is ok, but not great right now in Standard.
- No cheap removal that exiles the creature it kills.
- Not as versatile or as many creature options in black.
- Access to no three mana sweeper that does 3 damage to all creatures. Yahenni's Expertise is as close as it gets.
Temur Strengths and Weaknesses:
- Can still function without losing a key card in other words there's no Constrictor. Less reliant on a nice curve.
- More cards make and use energy. The energy theme is front and center.
- Magma Spray is a very good removal spell right now in Standard.
- Harnessed Lightning is unconditional creature removal that with energy can kill easier than Fatal Push.
- Access to three mana 3 damage to all creatures sweepers.
- Glorybringer adds an additional power level to the top end.
- Worst manabase having to use reveal lands from Shadows Over Innistrad which can be problematic at times.
- Worst sideboard options for Marvel and control matchups. Other than Negate and other counterspells.
- Relies much more on energy to overall function.
In my opinion red is better as the third color for this deck than black right now because of Magma Spray, Harnessed Lightning, Glorybringer and Radiant Flames. These cards do more for the deck than Winding Constrictor, Fatal Push, Grasp of Darkness and Transgress the Mind can. I like the combination of Spray and Harnessed over Push and Grasp because Spray can exile Scrapheap Scrounger and/or Dread Wanderer, especially Scrapheap because he's such a menace in Mardu. Spray also hits a ton of creatures in both Zombies and Mardu making it not just for the recursive creatures.
Creatures that Spray can't kill Harnessed can due to the amount of energy the deck can make. Glorybringer is great at pressuring or killing Planewalkers and gives me another flying threat. Putting counters on Glorybringer is also nasty fun. Flames in combination with Spray is very potent vs Zombies. I've found that I really need a sweeper to consistently beat Zombies because the battlefield can be flooded with them very fast. Red has access to two three mana sweepers that can deal 3 damage to all creatures, Flames and Sweltering Suns. Doing 3 damage is important because of Lord of the Accursed. Black has Yahenni's Expertise which can kill 3 power creatures, but it costs four mana instead of three. Flames can also only do 2 damage to each creature if I only use two different colors of mana to cast it. It's flexible this can be relevant as a one sided board wipe.
Push is a great removal spell, but the strong presence in Standard of both Aetherworks Marvel and Zombies takes it down a notch. Zombies wants you to spend a card to kill a single Zombie this is giving them an advantage. Spray is some what taking away this advantage even though I'm still spending a card to kill a single creature the creature is exiled which is relevant. Marvel plays all three drops except Servant of the Conduit and higher and very few creatures. Push is still excellent in the Mardu Vehicles matchup because it can kill Heart of Kiran, but so can Harnessed.
Thanks for the tips on using the stack. You're right I can't tap Rishkar, Peema Renegade the turn it's played to crew Aethersphere Harvester and then put a counter on Harvester with Rishkar's trigger. I would have to use another creature to first crew Harvester and then play Rishkar. I've been doing this Rishkar and Havester play for a while now and no one has said it's wrong, haha... My mistake is I didn't know that if an ETB trigger has to have a target(s) the target(s) must be declared the moment the trigger goes on the stack. I was declaring targets when the trigger resolved from the stack which is wrong.
1 week ago
Looking at the deck I have a few criticisms. You have a lot of creatures doing different things, which can be bad in the end. For example, Champion of Rhonas ability to cheat cards in really foils the effect of Tyrant of Valakut Since the Surge cost is the effect you should be after with it. Other cards face similar issues Heart-Piercer Manticore isn't really worth adding to the deck since none of your creatures are expendable enough, asides from itself due to the Embalm effect. Naga Vitalist and Beastcaller Savant are both very useful manadorks but in this deck it doesn't really help as your mana spread is 2-4 drop ranges. It's useful, but not completely necessary. I would rather fit in x3 Channeler Initiates to fill instead. 2-drops that get bigger every time you dork. Sin Prodder seems to work against you. As you have no means of graveyard play to really make it shine. And as a result any opponent with decks with lifegain just stop you from having anything. Sylvan Advocate is not a card that helps your deck in any way. There is no Land Creatures in your deck. The 4/5 looks nice but as a late game drop it's not helping your game too much. Outland Boar isn't doing your deck much either. I would replace it with Greater Sandwurm It's pretty much the same card, it hits harder and you can cheat it in with Champion of Rhonas and if we think along those lines Oracle's Vault would be a great add with Lifecrafter's Bestiary to get to Scry the top of your Library to gauge what you'll cheat or if you're willing to deal with the exile if you can't afford. Voltaic Brawler doesn't work either. You're unable to supply it with more energy counters so it's really only effective for two turns. Not really worth it in my opinion.
You're going to need more Champion of Rhonas, Ahn-Crop Crasher (To stop blockers from your beatdowns), one more Glorybringer, and one more Soul-Scar Mage(it can synergize well with a large portion of your deck.)
Creatures of note that I recommend adding or looking into:
Combat Celebrant - It gets you another combat phase and untaps your already exerted creatures. Yay! So much aggro!
Aetherwind Basker may cost 7 but it has trample and gains Energy like mad. You could even run Voltaic Brawler if you want to use this creature, and you can cheat it in too! And You can frequently use Lightning Runners (if you want to add it) and its effect to great use. More combat phases means more hurting your opponent.
Lightning Runner as stated before.
Khenra Charioteer 3/3 3cost Trampler that gives trample to other creatures you control? I'd consider this one big time.
That was creatures. Now for Instants/Sorceries/Enchantments/Artifacts
Heart of Kiran isn't helping, you are forced to tap a creature to Crew it and as an aggro deck with so many large beasties, it's not much worth in your deck besides its very low cost and flying. Heck, there's not enough creatures you'd want to man the thing such as pilots who do things when they are tapped. I would go for some card cheating such as Oracle's Vault instead.
You're lacking a fair portion of Instants and Sorceries to make better use of Soul-Scar Mage But that's fine as you have a portion of creatures that deal damage to opponents creatures, But you want to take advantage of the mage through Instants and sorceries. Monstrous Onslaught, Chandra's Revolution, Hungry Flames, Furious Reprisal, Pyromancer's Assault, Devour in Flames, Boulder Salvo, Blazing Volley, more Sweltering Suns
I'd Run Blazing Volley since it does damage to each creature opponent controls. Paired with Soul-Scar Mage it would become devastating. Anything that Burns for 4 is the sweetspot for damage, as many newer creatures seem to have that much toughness. and it badly cripples any creature with higher toughness if Soul-Scar is out.
I would also look into finding more cards that untap creatures you control as it would really power up your game.
1 week ago
How do you try to play TITI? Do ya maybe play on turn 2 and hope they don't play something u would normally counter, like Heart of Kiran? Or play turn 4/5 leaving up counter/removal?