|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|From the Vault: Lore (V16)||Mythic Rare|
|Betrayers of Kamigawa (BOK)||Rare|
|Promo Set (000)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Legendary Artifact — Equipment
Whenever equipped creature deals combat damage, put two charge counters on Umezawa's Jitte.
Remove a charge counter from Umezawa's Jitte: Choose one —
- Equipped creature gets +2/+2 until end of turn.
- Target creature gets -1/-1 until end of turn.
- You gain 2 life.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (16)||Vasbear1 , TheRealPeaches , Joblaska , Dsmonsta , Pro_Noob , releasethedogs , a_murpheus , NivStormfront , warcry02 , tragic_slip , jrschnoebelen , MagnaAura , RubyStrings , dexxter7 , cklise , vishnarg|
|Want (60)||flipdipple , mtgmanatee , mompointk11 , LuckMisesack , TrackerD , sylvannos , IcehawkFFC10 , TheGowge , mremolh , afeuling , Tmonster , scouts2nd , Lazysaurus , marsp44 , Markwiz , arthurxisde , Pogo0o , SketchyScribbler , Kogan1911 , mango_channel , Lapisxilazuli , RoninH3RO , Albinobear , kvfd1719 , Xikitten123 , sweetaction , Zeldark , sgtpumbah , Slivortal , afretz , king0fclubs , rakdos24 , obitus , byxis , Gypsyhatten , tomshwag , THP88 , Hosween , masada631 , Orbrunner , Clockwork_Control , TheFanatic , FelixMortem , TheAceol , Lagoner , kovellen , Sonlin , N3M0 , metalevolence , Therrion , KinguKurimuzon , epic-jargon , Vergil_Redgrail , acbooster , sneferie , GrandeKhan , Sulla20XX , eralebus , Amagon , Blue_Otaku_No.1|
Umezawa's Jitte Discussion
2 weeks ago
SufferFromEDHD - thanks for the feedback. I run both Blinkmoth Nexus and Inkmoth Nexus already, but I really like Gavony Township, so I put that in over Mutavault. I wasn't paying too much attention, and thought all of the colorless manlands made artifact creatures. With Modular, I wanted to keep the number of non-artifact creatures to a minimum, so I didn't lose the value when they died.
I did add Reyhan, Last of the Abzan in, I think it will fit well with the deck.
2 weeks ago
Props on an original Atraxa build. People tend to go infect and the lists are very one dimensional. This looks like a fun deck.
Gavony Township is amazing with modular and alongside Atraxa.
Sylvan Library over Necro.
Wargate is an amazing tutor.
3 weeks ago
Kalemne is always going to be a priority 1 target, so I rarely ever cast her without being able to equip something else to her in the same turn that can protect her, like Swiftfoot Boots or Darksteel Plate or a Sword
I really don't care for Sunforger because it's too slow. I prefer equipment that are more immediately useful and aren't as easy to interrupt
At the moment I don't see any reason to add any more evasion equipment because I'm running plenty already. I'm running 5 equipment that give evasion, 5 cards that can tutor for those equipment, and 4 cards that can recur those equipment from the graveyard. I'm also running Rogue's Passage and Expedition Map for overkill. For years that has always been enough. If, for some reason, I ever wanted another piece of evasion, I'd probably add Trailblazer's Boots first
As you can see, Stonecloaker is occupying my flex spot, meaning that you can take it out for other things if you want to test something different or if you want to metagame. It's in the deck because it's repeatable surprise graveyard hate, and it can sometimes save an important creature from removal. I'm planning on replacing it with Teferi's Protection once I get one
Squee, the Immortal is there for exactly that reason! Always having access to a creature is important for this deck! It doesn't matter how big the creature is when it's equipped to something like Umezawa's Jitte or one of the Swords. More importantly, he's there to protect against sacrifice effects. If an opponent is looping Fleshbag Marauder every turn (not an uncommon occurrence due to decks like Meren of Clan Nel Toth, Mikaeus, the Unhallowed, Chainer, Dementia Master, Muldrotha, the Gravetide, Sheoldred, Whispering One, Karador, Ghost Chieftain, or any black deck worth its salt, really), having a creature that comes back every turn will be invaluable, as you won't have to sacrifice Kalemne or any of your important utility creatures
1 month ago
I'm not sure what to think of that deck description.
1 month ago
Does anyone happen to have any first-hand experience matching Animar off against a Captain Sisay Paradox Engine deck? I was looking at a list for Sisay and it seemed like an annoying match-up. The recent addition of Goblin Cratermaker helps give an answer to a lot of the problematic stax options the deck runs but it seems like Sisay runs more troublesome cards than Animar has answers. Animar is never particularly happy when against a deck that can potentially drop a quick Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite or consistently tutor for an Umezawa's Jitte.
1 month ago
Bludgeon Brawl is a fun card if you are playing a lot of rocks
You're missing the absolute best equipment for kalemne, Umezawa's Jitte
1 month ago
Hello ^^ I haven't put my version in tappedout yet, but I'll do it as soon as I can! The changes I tried over your version are minimal for now. I'll list them one by one:
1) in Loyal Apprentice, out Young Pyromancer. The few times I've played pyromancer I haven't been impressed at all, while the apprentice have been an overperformer. Maybe it's a matter of playstyle, but I've come to appreciate haste a lot. I was also considering taking out Thorn of Amethyst so it's probably worth to have pyromancer instead, as cheap token producers are very good in this deck, although I'm still not quite sure if pyromancer scales as well as apprentice as the game goes on; apprentice topthers having haste and flying is huge to push in grenzo triggers.
2) Took off Moggcatcher for Glorybringer. As an standard red player I've been consistently impressed with the dragon. The way I see it, it's a heavy hitter, able to push in damage and get grenzo triggers on late game fast, that sometimes kills stuff. I haven't drawn it yet so I'm gonna consider this a flexible slot, and try some other alternatives over time. Stolen Strategy feels also like a good replacement for moggcatcher, as both are grindy cards.
3) took off Sandstone Oracle for Chandra, Flamecaller. I see why the oracle is here: helps catching up, can't be easily casted with our colorless fast mana, has a nice flying body, and can be quite grindy with Daretti, Scrap Savant or Goblin Welder. However, in my experience it rarely does enough if you are not in a dedicated Daretti deck. 7 mana is a lot and unless you have some player going crazy on the table, the draw etb is not that good if you can't consistently recurr it. The fact that it dies to artifact removal is huge too. Put in Chandra instead cause is 1 mana less, the 0 ability is a very consistent way to get you cards, the tokens she produces have haste and help with grenzo triggers (they are also great sac fodder, and as Spawning Pit has been super good the few times I've play it, I'm super happy to have more psinergy with it), they close games very quickly too. Chandra also is a board wipe in a pinch and very good to have in play when you Jokulhaups. I still haven't got to draw an play the card but as the deck generates lotta tokens to defend her, I feel it's gonna be decent, what do you think?
3) Alternatives to Mishra's Workshop. Put in Temple of the False God cause it felt similar, but it leds to some feel bad moments so I'm considering taking it off. Crystal Vein is always a mana source that can give you a burst when needed, and Scavenger Grounds doesn't ramp you but it's such and easy inclusion to hate on graveyards, something the deck lacks.
General considerations! Man I miss Chaos Warp so much in this deck. It's an answer to Ghostly Prison effects that are very bad for us, walkers that bolt can't hit, indestructible eldrazis, stuff that our damage base removal can't kill... I feel those represent the three things this decks is weaker against: ramp to big creatures strategies, dedicated token strategies (with green) and pillow fort. The last feels less problematic cause generally pillow forts are annoying to everyone on the table so other players are gonna also throw removal at them. But I feel we are kinda hopeless against lotta big dudes cause almost none of our removal can si anything about them and our creatures are to small to trade. Token strategies present a wall of chunk blockers that's hard to attack into, that eventually get very big and ran over you quite easily.
I'm putting cards like glorybringer or chandra in the deck to be able to disrupt those strategies and kill them as quickly as possible. I just wanna as much cards that can act as removal as I can get Xd so I have Mizzium Mortars, Subterranean Tremors and Umezawa's Jitte in my radar. The freaking jitte is in my binder looking at my with puppy eyes asking me to play it, such a great card, does so much! Bolt is the card I'd maybe take off for any of those but I'm still not sure at all. And sorry for the wall of text. I love the deck and I'm putting a lot os thought and work into it :P Tell me what you think. Did you consider any of these cards?
2 months ago
@dbpunk: I'm calling it now that she'll become a staple in all formats. Not only does she deal with cards like Goryo's Vengeance and Sneak Attack that like to dump Griselbrands into play, she also deletes things like Umezawa's Jitte.
You can basically throw her into the mainboard of any white weenie deck, while keeping Containment Priest in the side.