|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Conspiracy: Take the Crown (CN2)||Rare|
|Rise of the Eldrazi (ROE)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Artifact — Equipment
Equipped creature gets +X/+X, where X is its converted mana cost.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (15)||Justinaut , Bezter , Nightdragon779 , PhotogenicParasympathetic , bakeraj4 , DFDGamer , mymanpotsandpans , Mortiferus_Rosa , switchkill65 , Nemesis , joshw335 , Venser_the_Sojoner , darthnuchi , ecurps , GoldGhost012|
Hedron Matrix Discussion
2 days ago
Try to ramp as much as possible and some landfall creatures like Rampaging Baloths can bring great benefit of such sorceries even in late game. Also some mass removal like Monstrous Onslaught for mono green can be a bless.
For instants you might like to look at Evolution Charm, Setessan Tactics, Crushing Vines and Krosan Grip. In case your meta has lots of boardwipes consider Wrap in Vigor and Fresh Meat for cheap options.
Feel free to pass by my profile and check my Ghalta deck
3 weeks ago
1 month ago
Hedron Matrix also seems to do what this is trying to do, could help it out.
It isn't anywhere close to as cool as swinging with Nicol Bolas equipped with Nicol Bolas, which has to be the best thing ever.
3 months ago
Hedron Matrix is a another piece of equipment to let you go lethal, kinda like an extra copy of fire shrieker and grappling hook
5 months ago
Absolutely! My pleasure
If you're having two creatures fight, and you Momentous Fall yours; theirs lives? Fight is a neat mechanic, but I'd go with just the few low cmc ones. Chandra's Ignition is a good way to wipe out some creatures. As is Balefire Dragon and it's lil homie Cyclops Gladiator
Maybe consider streamlining the deck with more creatures to make sure you're out gunning opponents. Borborygmos is asking for "go wide" strategy, where Xenagos, God of Revels focuses on one creature at a time n "go tall". Btw if you can play something like Might of Oaks on your commander with xenagod out it's gg lol. Heroic Intervention might save you in a pinch
The infect idea is neat too. I like seeing that in all dif colors. Cheers
5 months ago
Thanks for the suggestions on my Atraxa list. Wanted to return the favor.
I love Big Blue. It's cool to see a Teferi list that goes all-in on that theme rather than abusing the untap effect with all the Stax cards (which, I'll admit, is what I did). Also love seeing Dismiss Into Dream. One of my favorite cards that seems to rarely find a home.
A couple options you might consider:
- With the number of available mana rocks, Paradox Engine is probably really strong here. At worst, it'll let you leave mana open after casting one of your big creatures to hold up counters or other effects. It can also let you get more value out of Endbringer and it gives all of your creatures pseudo-vigilance.
- It's a bit pricey, but if Gilded Lotus is in your budget, it's makes it a lot easier to chain colored spells with Paradox Engine. Worst case, just throwing in a Commander's Sphere might not be a bad option (it only taps for 1, but at least it can cantrip, and it's colored mana).
- Since you have a lot of bounce effects Capsize might be a good option. Sadly, it's a nonbo with Dismiss into Dream, but with a bunch of mana rocks, it can just win the game on the spot with Paradox Engine.
- Another possible buyback card is Whispers of the Muse. While it's 6 mana to draw a card, the fact that it's instant speed makes it really flexible, and it can draw your whole deck with Paradox Engine.
- Any buyback card that you can go infinite on with Paradox Engine also just wins the game immediately with Endbringer as well.
- Other options for bounce are Time Elemental and Temporal Adept. They also both synergize nicely with Dismiss into Dream for repeatable removal.
- Psychic Rebuttal and Delay both seem pretty situational. You might consider just Counterspell or things like Swan Song or Arcane Denial for low-cost counters.
Some possible cuts:
- Hedron Matrix seems marginal. It's a big P/T boost, but if you're throwing it on something that can be chumped anyway, it doesn't do a lot. If you really want equipment, something like Loxodon Warhammer to give your big guys trample and gain all the life or maybe Blade of Selves to really smash the table. But you probably have enough control and beef that equipment is just not doing much for you.
- Ghostform getting 2 creatures through once may not be enough. If you're looking for evasion, maybe Thassa, God of the Sea is an option? Also helps filter your deck, although she'd almost never be a creature in this deck. It may be correct to just lean on the Rogue's Passage.
- Skittering Invasion seems like it's not likely to do much very often. If you have the mana to cast it, you had at least 6 mana to cast Teferi, at which point you probably just want to cast something big.
- Salvage Drone is a really small effect, even for 1 mana.
6 months ago
The equipment Hedron Matrix works with your mana cost cheating plan.
8 months ago
Thanks for pointing out Myriad Landscape TheRedGoat my playgroup didn't even notice it. I will definitely put Hedron Matrix in here while cutting Eternal Scourge. I want to put Extraplanar Lens in but I've been thinking about changing out more Wastes for just utility lands so it will lose some of it's power and I've already had plenty of games where I've had only one Wastes so it would feel like a dead draw. I'm not sure if I will but Nim Deathmantle does seem really good... Thanks for the suggestions!