|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Masterpiece Series: Kaladesh Inventions (MPS)||Mythic Rare|
|Modern Masters 2015 Edition (MM2)||Mythic Rare|
|Scars of Mirrodin (SOM)||Mythic Rare|
|Promo Set (000)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
- A question regarding the use of Mox Opal.
- Can I tap multiple Mox Opal's for mana before sacrificing them?
- Can I tap a second mox opal for mana before statebased actions?
- Does the player on the play have an upkeep first turn?
- If I have a Scrap Trawler in play, a Walking Ballista on the graveyard, and I sack a Mox Opal, would Walking Ballista return to my hand?
Metalcraft — : Add one mana of any color to your mana pool. Activate this ability only if you control three or more artifacts.
|Have (3)||Rjrbadboy , Luckeyawesome ,|
|Want (10)||chives177 , WilliamZYW , Flamadiddle , metalmustaine , d4pp3rd4n63 , Laizon42 , kemikos , VoidSoul13 , bogy , 801Hellfire|
Mox Opal Discussion
5 hours ago
Mox Opal and Mox Diamond of course would make opening ramp more consistent and more explosive, but would be a pricey add if that's a concern. Jeweled Amulet is a bad mana rock, but it does do one thing well that is hard to come by outside of green colors: ramp you on turn 1. It's basically like a bad Llanowar Elf since you have to "reload" it, but it would also help early turn explosiveness in the games you draw it in your opener.
1 day ago
1 day ago
Ideally 4x Mox Opal would be played to reduce this problem. From my experience having 4x Springleaf Drum and 3x Spire of Industry I have not come across being unable to cast Master of Etherium . If this is a problem I might consider splashing some Island and removing some Mountain
3 days ago
I judge Moxen based on how capable they are in the early game, especially for casting Balan on Turn 3:
- Mox Diamond requires a land to discard. It's the tamest downside of all of them. The first one I'd consider.
- Chrome Mox requires a coloured card to imprint. Could exile something important more often than not. Distant second if I really wanted another Mox.
- Mox Opal requires metalcraft. If I have an artifact-light opener, it can't do anything. Maybe better than Chrome.
- Mox Amber requires a coloured Legend. This deck has a measly three in the 99, and only one of them could have it active early enough to matter. Worthless.
- Mox Tantalite requires being suspended. It comes off suspend on Turn 4 at the earliest, and becomes a dead draw very quick. Hot garbage.
4 days ago
Fatal Push, Underground River, and Mental Misstep are under $5 dollars, so I'm not going to give replacements on those, but for Ancient Tomb , City of Traitors , Glimmervoid , Inkmoth Nexus , Mox Opal , and Mox Diamond , I'd replace those with 3 Islands and a Swamp and add a River of Tears and Spire of Industry .
For Force of Will , I'd use Steel Sabotage , it acts as an occasional counter and protection for your artifacts if you bounce them in response to removal, or to reuse them in case of Renaming a new card with Revoker or getting another cast trigger on Sai, etc.
4 days ago
Sorry, allow me to clarify; I have most of the deck, minus some of the more expensive pieces, specifically:
Those are the ones I know off of memory that aren't in my collection, or are above 5$ that I don't have. Steel Overseer getting reprinted makes it easier to get a hold of it.
5 days ago
It depends on what you're trying to achieve. I've taken most of the tutors out ( Planar Portal and Planar Bridge fit the theme), and am trying to eliminate any infinite combos. Some cards like Lux Cannon are in for flavor, since every mad scientist needs a ray gun...
The five cards in my maybe board will be replacing Brainstorm , Basilisk Collar , Rings of Brighthearth , Clock of Omens , and Unsubstantiate . Endbringer is also too mana intensive and Urza needs a mount, so Nezahal, Primal Tide will replace it. Hope that helps.
1 week ago
"not sure why people keep mentioning Ancient Stirrings . they can leave Faithless Looting alone as well. too many other decks depend on it."
Faithless Looting is the exact kind of card you want to ban BECAUSE so many decks depend on it. Its an extremely cheap and efficient way to move 4 cards into zones where you can use them better, which means any deck that has value from the graveyard and can splash red wants to run it. 56 card format with faithless looting as an option.
Ancient Stirrings is far more degenerate than Preordain . Digging 5 deep for 1 mana is absurd, and seeing as most decks are about 1/3 lands it is extremely rare to whiff. Decks that run this bad boy are built to have it read " for the best card in your top five" which is pretty strong for 1 mana.
Here's what I'd love to see ideally for the B&R
- Faithless Looting banned -> Huge enabler for many decks
- Ancient Stirrings banned -> Huger enabler for a specific deck
- Bridge from Below banned -> Greater SB diversity if dredge isn't a guaranteed game 1 win
- Noble Hierarch banned -> If GSZ + Dryad Arbor for a turn 1 Llanowar Elves is too strong for modern, this card should go
- Mox Opal banned -> Just like Ancient Stirrings , this good card is just nuts with the right deck. Outperforms the banned Chrome Mox in any deck that caters to artifacts.
Mox Opal occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.23%
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.05%
WUB (Esper): 0.36%