|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander Anthology 2018 (CM2)||Rare|
|Commander 2017 (C17)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2016 (C16)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2015 (C15)||Rare|
|Commander 2014 (C14)||Rare|
|Duel Decks: Knights vs. Dragons (DDG)||Rare|
|Duels of the Planeswalkers (DPA)||Rare|
|Tenth Edition (10E)||Rare|
|Ninth Edition (9ED)||Rare|
|Ninth Edition Foreign Black Border (9EDFBB)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Artifact — Equipment
Equipped creature gets +3/+0 and has trample and lifelink.
|Have (9)||orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , Pumpkinking913 , GeminiSpartanX , , metalmagic , Mortiferus_Rosa , rockleemyhero , PTsmitty , Thunderbeard|
|Want (6)||JohanDaFaff , Tomagotchi , Aragon_Neotrix , Koalatoucher , gariox , miniswift235|
Loxodon Warhammer Discussion
23 hours ago
Heya! I have a Tajic deck too, though I run a different theme.
Some of your control spells seem like nonbos with other options in your deck. I'm looking at Aven Mindcensor and Leonin Arbiter with Terramorphic Expanse, Evolving Wilds, Burnished Hart, Sunforger, and Enlightened Tutor. Basandra also removes your ability to cast crucial spells during combat, like Archangel Avacyn, Resurgence, Boros Charm, Deflecting Palm, Swords to Plowshares, Starstorm, and recasting Isochron Scepter's copy during combat. To a lesser extent, there is also Spirit of the Labyrinth with Slate of Ancestry.
Removing one half of some of these nonbos for cards that work with the other more smoothly might give you more synergy. I would recommend removing Aven Mindcensor, Leonin Arbiter, Basandra, and Slate of Ancestry.
Since you have so much Mentor and other cards that trigger on combat, I'd say adding more combat phases can help you get the win. Aggravated Assault is a good manasink, and can be activated multiple times a turn. Breath of Fury combos with Legion Warboss beautifully - not only do you get a Mentor on each additional combat, you can generate additional combats by sacrificing the Goblin you generate during combat, as long as someone is open.
For equipment to add, I have to give Loxodon Warhammer the thumbs up. Not only can it give Tajic Trample and +3/+0, the Lifelink gives you great sustain for hanging on mid-game. You can even equip it to Balefire Liege to gain life from that damage, too. It can also be recurred with Sun Titan, etc.
Also, since you have Sunforger already, I'd recommend adding Comeuppance to the deck. It does a great job of helping you not lose the game, which is always good. Teferi's Protection would be another option.
Speaking of Sunforger and additional combats, you could also add Godo, Bandit Warlord . I realize a lot of these are already on your Maybeboard, I'm just throwing my support in behind them.
3 days ago
- I love this commander and think you've got a great start and idea, but you need to fully commit to the fact that this deck is all about Skullbriar being huge and smashing face, or one of his friends doing it. .
- You should put in Increasing Savagery , Hardened Scales , Solidarity of Heroes , Reyhan, Last of the Abzan , Fungal Behemoth , Vastwood Hydra , Retreat to Kazandu , Predator Ooze , Blessings of Nature to push the +1/+1 theme to the max. .
- Now, 2nd problem is having big creatures without trample. I see Tuskguard Captain and you've got Rancor already, which is 100% awesome and reusable, but you should have 2 reusable trample activators, so I recommend also adding Ring of Kalonia . .
- Having big creatures attacking also is usually stopped by awkward blocks. You need slightly better cheap removal so I recommend Titanic Brawl , Ancient Animus , Abrupt Decay . .
- 3rd Problem is when they actually block and kill something because they have no other way to deal with it. Make them hate blocking by just having Mer-Ek Nightblade on your field. And then resummon stuff with Journey to Eternity Flip! .
- 4th Problem is when you're smashing for 17 trample damage a turn, but they've got some stupid elf-shaman combo or human-ally combo that gains them 20 life a turn. And now they're at 55 life. Awkward. Get a sneaky kill in instantly with Tainted Strike on one of your big trample guys, just make sure you were about to do 10+ normal damage, and surprise win. (please put Tainted Strike in, even if you ignore every other card I suggested) .
- 5th Problem is your life-total. Sometimes you just need your 12/12 to have lifelink. Best way is Loxodon Warhammer , plus it gives you another trample activator!! .
- Also for ramp you should include Incubation Druid and Rampant Growth . I'd also use hexproof enabling with Alpha Authority .
- I would definitely remove the following since they don't fit with your deck idea overall to make room: Elves of Deep Shadow (don't need), Longtusk Cub (it ain't ever gonna happen), Witchstalker (useless against a red/white/green deck), Gaze of Granite (since it kills your things too), Animation Module (its slow and you should have better things to do with your mana than make 1/1s), Cloak and Dagger (no rogues, it's slow, Alpha Authority is better), Golgari Signet should be replace with Golgari Cluestone so you can sac/draw when you don't need mana anymore. Manalith (you have an aggro curve, don't need THAT much ramp), Plague Boiler (you're not a control deck), Skullclamp (since we're taking out Animation Module , you've got enough good draw), Wayfarer's Bauble (Rampant Growth is better), Greater Good (you're aggro not a graveyard-based-conrol deck), Preferred Selection & Primitive Etchings (because again you're not control, you want to be aggro). .
- I would also cut down on the # of fancy lands that don't add b/g, and play a few more basics for fetching with your ramp cards and being able to play commander on turn 2 more likely.
2 weeks ago
Have you considered adding cards that would give Hidestsugu lifelink? Basilisk Collar and Loxodon Warhammer come to mind. Also, Neheb, the Eternal would be nice. Before/during combat phase, you deal damage with Hidetsugu and then after combat, have Neheb generate mana based on that damage and pump it into whatever you want. It's a great alternative in case you don't have access to a damage-doubler.
Mrs and Mr NV_1980
PS: we've been using Neheb as a commander; please check out our deck based on him if you have some time; he's one of our favorite single-color commanders.
TheFanatic on Grunn
3 weeks ago
Looks really fun! One thing I note with this list is that your land really count is really high given the amount of dorks and land ramp you have access to. I think that you can easily go down to 35, and probably even less. I'm also a little wary of how few ways there are to give Grunn some kind of evasion. Maybe something like Loxodon Warhammer is in order.
Some other suggestions for changes:
Worldly Tutor would be great if you get get your hands on one.
Heroic Intervention is worth thinking about since you are weak to board wipes.
Evolution Charm could provide some good utility.
Life from the Loam would be good, and could become great if you max out on cycling lands.
Karametra's Acolyte , Somberwald Sage , Boreal Druid , and Priest of Titania (!!) are all dorks I don't see here. Somberwald is probably the worst of those, and Priest is probably the best given your fairly high elf density. You may want to replace your worst 4-mana land ramp spells with these cheaper dorks.
I'm not sold on Unstable Obelisk , Moss Diamond , or Mind Stone here, since they don't play well with your landfall backup plan and they don't provide a body to attack/block with. You could probably replace them with some of the dorks I listed above.
World Breaker is reaaaaallllyyy slow, and you don't have a way to sacrifice it. It might be a good cut.
Ulvenwald Hydra might be too slow. You already have a million land search effects, so it feels unnecessary.
Wood Elves seems like it could be cut. It just doesn't seem great since you have no way to trigger the ability again.
4 weeks ago
ManaLocked Yesterday I played a sweet game with this list and am already thinking about improvements and changes. In that game, I developed only lands and bodies on the first couple turns, but got powered up by Joraga Treespeaker and Nissa, Voice of Zendikar (eventually recurred by Eternal Witness ), also featuring a Walking Ballista and Hangarback Walker from turn 2 getting stacked. I recovered my board from a board wipe--powered up by that huge Hangarback Walker and Toothy dying--by setting up another big Toothy, which met Swords to Plowshares. Before getting exiled, Toothy prevented a Niv-Mizzet player from winning by forcing blocks, with assistance from Hardened Scales , and Hadana's Climb Flip flipping into Winged Temple of Orazca. Karn Liberated also put in work to remove a big blocker and Elspeth, Sun's Champion. Eventually I was able to eliminate two players in one turn (including protecting my lethal attackers with both Mystic Confluence and Heroic Intervention ), but not before flying chip damage and a big chunk from Havoc Festival brought me to a low enough life total that a Bosh, Iron Golem was able to finish me off in the same turn.
Loxodon Warhammer is a card that comes to mind as a card that I would have loved to have accessed during that game. Granting trample to a big Toothy and getting a big life swing to boot could be useful in many different situations. I love that almost any effect from an opponent that causes Toothy to leave the battlefield compensates me with a serious amount of cards: this mitigates the risk of inherent to an equipment like Warhammer, whereas normally it's punished with removal, especially instants. While Warhammer doesn't literally synergize with counters cards, it provides multiple effects that round out the strategy, and is probably the card I am going to add first.
Other notes on artifacts: The first board wipe caused me to forget that I had a tapped Power Conduit hidden among my lands, but somehow I sold how much I still like the card that it traded with a Scour from Existence. This card is tricky and interesting but it might just be worse than something like a Thought Vessel . I still want to get a feel of how good Throne of Geth is before I can determine whether Tezzeret, Artifice Master is something I want to add: a copy of Garruk, Primal Hunter I had drawn late game felt rather stranded in hand over a rebuilding board, but it has so much more potential for outrageous draws to boost Toothy and my hand, that I like it much more than Tezzeret, especially with this few artifacts to begin with. Neither of Tezz's abilities seem worthwhile enough to risk spend 5 mana on just to have it die to attackers or removal, and this deck might struggle to take advantage of the ultimate as currently constructed. Maybe the superfriends build wants him; I don't think this one does.
The deck is also very light on graveyard recursion, running only Eternal Witness. Being a little light on recursion is fine, as the card draw consistency of Toothy is resource advantage enough, but sometimes the best line can be made much better with a card from the graveyard. The top of my list is currently Seasons Past and maybe Elixir of Immortality , both of which also offer protection against decking.
Spike Weaver is next on the add list. Holding mana for the fog on it feels bad, but as this ability can mainly be used as a deterrent or political tool, it seems the upside is too good to pass up. I got a copy and am looking for a cut for it.
I'll add more to the description soon. This is absolutely currently my pet deck and it even inspired my choice to build The Haunt of Hightower , with the thoughts of placing a Hightower of counters on the commander reminding me of this deck. Thanks for your feedback and good luck to you!
1 month ago
As to cut, get rid of your tapped lands, your a 2 color deck and have alot of color fixing spells.
The cards in the description are good, just costly. Umbral Mantle is especially good with a card that untaps lands and/or Kydele, Chosen of Kruphix . Maybe I'm not seeing its purpose so If you don't agree, let me know.
Overwhelming Stampede , Ashnod's Altar , Perilous Forays , Pathbreaker Ibex , Craterhoof Behemoth . The only cards these work with are the cards your using as a pay off, its win more at that point.
Mana Bloom spend x mana, get x mana back
Verdeloth the Ancient
Rancor , Haunted Cloak , Chariot of Victory , Loxodon Warhammer , Vorrac Battlehorns I'm assuming its to make your pay off creatures able to get through with damage? If anything keep the ones that give haste with trample or unblockable only.
I LOVE Selvala, Heart of the Wilds but dam shes $45 bucks now??
1 month ago
The Void of Mass Confusion and Too* Many (Key?)Words ;)
Sweet deck, young planeswalker; it seems most formidable. I have a couple thoughts about ways you can totally max out the value in every card in the deck!
Basically, I think you want to maximize the chances that all the creatures you have on the field are working together.
For these badboys: +1x Healer's Hawk +2x Lone Rider Flip +1x Fauna Shaman +2x Thalia's Lancers +1x Isareth the Awakener +2x Sylvan Caryatid +1x Birds of Paradise +2x Ayli, Eternal Pilgrim +1x Vona, Butcher of Magan +1x Aryel, Knight of Windgrace
In general, you want to maximize your chances of game-winning synergy. I think these changes will help smooth out the mana curve, provide reliability to the central combos of the deck, and will add versatility to the things your deck can do in 'edge' cases.
Obviously these are just suggestions to help get your brain buzzin'. Here are some other zesty critters with keyword abilities: Pestilent Spirit Would work well with a more control-y and less aggro-y creature build Ochran Assassin (with a critical mass of creatures already on the battlefield, this could win lots of games) Elenda, the Dusk Rose Gifted Aetherborn
Another cool family of cards to consider is equipment. Odiric and knight exemplar could combo really well with Danitha Capashen, Paragon , Puresteel Paladin , Basilisk Collar , Loxodon Warhammer , and other powerful equipment.
Have fun sorcering! Your Bro
2 months ago
Lands: Mosswort Bridge
Loxodon Warhammer occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.05%