|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander Anthology 2018 (CM2)||Rare|
|Commander 2017 (C17)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2016 (C16)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2015 (C15)||Rare|
|Commander 2014 (C14)||Rare|
|Duel Decks: Knights vs. Dragons (DDG)||Rare|
|Duels of the Planeswalkers (DPA)||Rare|
|Tenth Edition (10E)||Rare|
|Ninth Edition (9ED)||Rare|
|Ninth Edition Foreign Black Border (9EDFBB)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Artifact — Equipment
Equipped creature gets +3/+0 and has trample and lifelink.
|Have (12)||orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , Pumpkinking913 , metalmagic , , GeminiSpartanX , , sonnet666 , Mortiferus_Rosa , rockleemyhero , Thunderbeard , PTsmitty , shinbatsu|
|Want (3)||jbbvader , Michamon , wolfboy193|
Loxodon Warhammer Discussion
1 week ago
My two cents:
(1) you need more evasion. You have a metric ton of +1/+1 counters, which is great... but only 2-3 things that give trample and only 1-2 other pieces of evasion. Against the wrong deck, you'll get chump blocked all day. These specific cards are mostly just examples, but consider adding unblockable ( Suspicious Bookcase , Whispersilk Cloak ); deathtouch ( Gorgon Flail , Nightshade Peddler ); trample / multi-purpose ( Loxodon Warhammer , Haunted Cloak ).
(2) you need more protection. Everyone will gun for your doggo, knowing that it's your whole win-con. You have a few things, but not enough IMO. Add more indestructible ( Hammer of Nazahn ) and hexproof ( Mask of Avacyn , Archetype of Endurance ).
I'd suggest culling some of the +1/+1 cards - especially one-shot like Battlegrowth . Also, shroud isn't great with voltron because you can't target/enchant/equip, so I'd lose Lightning Greaves and Aspect of Mongoose .
Looks like a fun deck!
2 weeks ago
Yo! RG decks are interesting. Here's what I think -- feel free to disregard it:
The main attraction of running green is having access to one-mana mana-dorks. Llanowar Elves , Birds of Paradise , Fyndhorn Elves , Elvish Mystic and Orcish Lumberjack will all speed up your deck tremendously, while giving you bodies for Overwhelming Stampede or similar finishers. Exploration is a good accelerator, though it can be expensive; search for tomorrow is similar. There are some two- or three-mana dorks you might also want to consider, like Priest of Titania , Shaman of Forgotten Ways and Somberwald Sage . Having dorks ramps green faster than any other color is capable of.
Overwhelming Stampede is an excellent card; in that vein, Overrun and Triumph of the Hordes are both good finishers. If you want to put money into the deck, Craterhoof Behemoth is a great card in Legacy Elves that also works here. Grabbing Craterhoof with something like Natural Order can produce a really fast win. Green Sun's Zenith is another good tutor-spell, which can also fetch Dryad Arbor turn one.
I see you're running Nature's Lore . Farseek is a great card to fetch a mountain, especially if you choose to run Stomping Ground , Sheltered Thicket and/or Cinder Glade . Taiga is good, too, but that's pushing $200 these days... effing OG duals.
Growing Rites of Itlimoc Flip is a good card, and an affordable version of Gaea's Cradle . Similarly, Slate of Ancestry is a very underrated EDH card that would be a powerhouse in this deck. In the line of card-draw, Beast Whisperer and Harmonize are worth considering.
Karplusan Forest , Spire Garden , Command Tower and Grove of the Burnwillows are four excellent non-basic, ETB-untapped lands for your colors. You should run these, if at all possible. I think they're better than Jund Panorama and Naya Panorama , as well as Rogue's Passage . You should consider Kessig Wolf Run , as well as cutting one or two lands from the final list.
Depending on how sadistic you are, you may also want to consider running some stax pieces. Thorn of Amethyst is an excellent card in most green decks, as these decks tend to produce oodles of mana and not cast too many non-creature spells. Pyrostatic Pillar and Eidolon of the Great Revel are excellent ways to keep low-curved decks in check. Harsh Mentor varies with meta calls, though it can be very strong. Stranglehold can ruin some strategies, and Price of Glory can nuke counter-heavy decks. Similarly, Vexing Shusher is useful to avoid getting countered, especially since you don't have to activate it until after an opponent casts a counterspell. Scab-Clan Berserker is worth considering.
I suggest Gamble . It's the best tutor in your colors. Eternal Witness is another pretty good card you may want to consider to get you back in the game after a board-wipe. I suggest running Grim Flowering or Nature's Resurgence for the same reason.
Your spot removal will be dependent on how hard you want to lean into Ruric Thar, the Unbowed . If you want to keep him, Reclamation Sage and similar effects are the way to go. Without him, or while thinking of him as a secondary creature, you should run Nature's Claim and/or Krosan Grip . Chain of Acid is an interesting card I've been wondering about recently, so you may be interested in experimenting with it. Hull Breach is similar to Decimate , and is often a two-for-one. Shattering Spree , By Force , Ancient Grudge , Vandalblast and Fiery Confluence are good as well.
Neheb, Dreadhorde Champion is an efficient, powerful creature that helps cycle away dead cards in your hand, all while generating mana. Huntmaster of the Fells Flip is another super-efficient creature. Boartusk Liege is valuable for its anthem effect and not-insignificant body. Siege Behemoth is another recommendation, for obvious reasons.
Depending on your meta, Sunder Shaman , Choke , Carpet of Flowers , Flashfires and Boil are options. If you keep your mana-base with only a few non-basics, Blood Moon , Magus of the Moon and Ruination are good cards. If your meta is super aggressive, you should consider Loxodon Warhammer or Basilisk Collar in order to recoup life points. Runic Armasaur is another good consideration if your meta has a lot of fetch lands and the like.
Strionic Resonator is a way to copy your general's trigger, and may be tremendously helpful. Resolving them in succession on the same creature results in quadrupled power.
Alright, that's all I got for now. I hope you found these suggestions at least a little helpful. Good luck with deck building!
1 month ago
Gleam of Battle for Lightmine Field -a 6 cost enchant should really do more then this, u want it to really effect the board. this enchant does that!. i will warn you when considering this one, it screws you over bad if someone keeps killing your commander, but hes pretty hard to remove..
Hyena Umbra for Legion's Initiative , if your lookin for a little buff for ur junior guys this card here will help all of them! and its second ability i believe will save your men from a boardwipe, or u other combat tricks like block then sac it and they will return while still blocking trampless creatures!
in my last post about land i missed Sacred Foundry which is expensive but was just reprinted and will only go up in price. very excellent upgrade.
1 month ago
Okay! I was finally able to take a look at your deck. I have some suggestions that I would add, but first it would help to have a better understanding of what you want from the deck. I assume you're not against infinite combos since you've included Darkest Hour , but are you going for a traditional Aristocrats theme? Do you want to win as fast as possible or are you trying to go a more stax route?
I notice you have Reveillark , but I don't see Karmic Guide . I highly recommend you pair them together for an infinite sac loop but also to be able to get everything out of your graveyard with power 2 or less.
Nim Deathmantle is another that works great with Teysa. It can even go infinite with Ashnod's Altar and your commander if you sacrifice the creature you get from Teysa first so you have 4 to pay to the mantle.
Ogre Slumlord is excellent for providing sac fodder. He gets ridiculous pretty fast.
I would add Zulaport Cutthroat or the new Cruel Celebrant in addition to your Blood Artist to have additional means of draining your opponents. You could also go big with Kokusho, the Evening Star if you want to throw him into a recurring sac loop.
Smothering Abomination is great for card advantage, and if you can find room for him, you probably won't regret it. Dark Prophecy is probably the best in terms of card draw and would recommend you find room for it. I might also replace Burnished Hart with Solemn Simulacrum . He'll draw you cards and ramp you. Plus you can recur him to use him again.
Speaking of graveyard recursion, Phyrexian Reclamation is one of the best in terms of getting single creatures back to sac again especially if they're cheap to cast. Athreos, God of Passage is amazing for recursion as well. You might also try Trading Post for recurring your artifacts which can be essential to your strategies.
As for more cards in your Maybeboard, Sun Titan is an excellent choice if you want to include him. Bojuka Bog is always handy when you're going against other graveyard decks, and Reliquary Tower is good to have on hand when you end up drawing half your deck, which can realistically happen if you run Darkest Hour . I would definitely keep Blasting Station but I'd probably cut Loxodon Warhammer and Felidar Sovereign . The way Teysa runs, they aren't the most useful cards in her arsenal. I've found Felidar just becomes the primary target when he comes out anyway.
Anyway...just a few thoughts. Like I said it would be helpful to know the direction you want to take the deck. Otherwise I'm just spitballing with cards I would personally use to run Teysa.
1 month ago
@NensouHiebara - I feel like if things have gone the route where Gideon Blackblade is a viable equip creature target, things have gone horribly, horribly wrong... because the mana investment equates to temporary gains; it's akin to your equipped creature dying/being exiled, regardless of indestructibility/Hexproof.
Balan being able to equip everything at instant speed for 2 mana, is what makes it the best equipment general. Gideon isn't bad, per say, but the whole "being a creature and also a planeswalker" thing is overrated when the equipments fall off every turn. It's versatile, and early game it could do a significant amount of work to pump balan/something else, but late game, it's only going to be for the keyword +1. If that's enough for you, then it's all good, but I find it hard to justify when, unlike equipment tutors, this can't be fetched without making cuts for it's tutor(s).
Gideon is basically an attackable enchantment. Instead of that, Open the Armory or Steelshaper's Gift gets you whatever you need. Need indestructible? Fetch Darksteel Plate or Hammer of Nazahn . Need Vigilance? Fetch something like Sword of Vengeance . Lifelink? Fetch Loxodon Warhammer . Etc. Of those, Sun Titan gets back 3 of the 4, nevermind anything else. If you don't have Vigilance on board, you're likely to pick that just to try to keep Balan up as a blocker for Gideon, which might not always be ideal if you're also missing hexproof/indestructible.
2 months ago
Heya! I have a Tajic deck too, though I run a different theme.
Some of your control spells seem like nonbos with other options in your deck. I'm looking at Aven Mindcensor and Leonin Arbiter with Terramorphic Expanse, Evolving Wilds, Burnished Hart, Sunforger, and Enlightened Tutor. Basandra also removes your ability to cast crucial spells during combat, like Archangel Avacyn, Resurgence, Boros Charm, Deflecting Palm, Swords to Plowshares, Starstorm, and recasting Isochron Scepter's copy during combat. To a lesser extent, there is also Spirit of the Labyrinth with Slate of Ancestry.
Removing one half of some of these nonbos for cards that work with the other more smoothly might give you more synergy. I would recommend removing Aven Mindcensor, Leonin Arbiter, Basandra, and Slate of Ancestry.
Since you have so much Mentor and other cards that trigger on combat, I'd say adding more combat phases can help you get the win. Aggravated Assault is a good manasink, and can be activated multiple times a turn. Breath of Fury combos with Legion Warboss beautifully - not only do you get a Mentor on each additional combat, you can generate additional combats by sacrificing the Goblin you generate during combat, as long as someone is open.
For equipment to add, I have to give Loxodon Warhammer the thumbs up. Not only can it give Tajic Trample and +3/+0, the Lifelink gives you great sustain for hanging on mid-game. You can even equip it to Balefire Liege to gain life from that damage, too. It can also be recurred with Sun Titan, etc.
Also, since you have Sunforger already, I'd recommend adding Comeuppance to the deck. It does a great job of helping you not lose the game, which is always good. Teferi's Protection would be another option.
Speaking of Sunforger and additional combats, you could also add Godo, Bandit Warlord . I realize a lot of these are already on your Maybeboard, I'm just throwing my support in behind them.
2 months ago
- I love this commander and think you've got a great start and idea, but you need to fully commit to the fact that this deck is all about Skullbriar being huge and smashing face, or one of his friends doing it. .
- You should put in Increasing Savagery , Hardened Scales , Solidarity of Heroes , Reyhan, Last of the Abzan , Fungal Behemoth , Vastwood Hydra , Retreat to Kazandu , Predator Ooze , Blessings of Nature to push the +1/+1 theme to the max. .
- Now, 2nd problem is having big creatures without trample. I see Tuskguard Captain and you've got Rancor already, which is 100% awesome and reusable, but you should have 2 reusable trample activators, so I recommend also adding Ring of Kalonia . .
- Having big creatures attacking also is usually stopped by awkward blocks. You need slightly better cheap removal so I recommend Titanic Brawl , Ancient Animus , Abrupt Decay . .
- 3rd Problem is when they actually block and kill something because they have no other way to deal with it. Make them hate blocking by just having Mer-Ek Nightblade on your field. And then resummon stuff with Journey to Eternity Flip! .
- 4th Problem is when you're smashing for 17 trample damage a turn, but they've got some stupid elf-shaman combo or human-ally combo that gains them 20 life a turn. And now they're at 55 life. Awkward. Get a sneaky kill in instantly with Tainted Strike on one of your big trample guys, just make sure you were about to do 10+ normal damage, and surprise win. (please put Tainted Strike in, even if you ignore every other card I suggested) .
- 5th Problem is your life-total. Sometimes you just need your 12/12 to have lifelink. Best way is Loxodon Warhammer , plus it gives you another trample activator!! .
- Also for ramp you should include Incubation Druid and Rampant Growth . I'd also use hexproof enabling with Alpha Authority .
- I would definitely remove the following since they don't fit with your deck idea overall to make room: Elves of Deep Shadow (don't need), Longtusk Cub (it ain't ever gonna happen), Witchstalker (useless against a red/white/green deck), Gaze of Granite (since it kills your things too), Animation Module (its slow and you should have better things to do with your mana than make 1/1s), Cloak and Dagger (no rogues, it's slow, Alpha Authority is better), Golgari Signet should be replace with Golgari Cluestone so you can sac/draw when you don't need mana anymore. Manalith (you have an aggro curve, don't need THAT much ramp), Plague Boiler (you're not a control deck), Skullclamp (since we're taking out Animation Module , you've got enough good draw), Wayfarer's Bauble (Rampant Growth is better), Greater Good (you're aggro not a graveyard-based-conrol deck), Preferred Selection & Primitive Etchings (because again you're not control, you want to be aggro). .
- I would also cut down on the # of fancy lands that don't add b/g, and play a few more basics for fetching with your ramp cards and being able to play commander on turn 2 more likely.
2 months ago
Have you considered adding cards that would give Hidestsugu lifelink? Basilisk Collar and Loxodon Warhammer come to mind. Also, Neheb, the Eternal would be nice. Before/during combat phase, you deal damage with Hidetsugu and then after combat, have Neheb generate mana based on that damage and pump it into whatever you want. It's a great alternative in case you don't have access to a damage-doubler.
Mrs and Mr NV_1980
PS: we've been using Neheb as a commander; please check out our deck based on him if you have some time; he's one of our favorite single-color commanders.
Loxodon Warhammer occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.05%