Artifact — Equipment
Equipped creature gets +3/+0 and has trample and lifelink.
|Have (4)||metalmagic , GeminiSpartanX , Mortiferus_Rosa , rockleemyhero|
|Want (2)||Suicune , MTGJ51|
Printings View all
|Commander Anthology 2018 (CM2)||Rare|
|Commander 2017 (C17)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2016 (C16)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2015 (C15)||Rare|
|Commander 2014 (C14)||Rare|
|Duel Decks: Knights vs. Dragons (DDG)||Rare|
|Duels of the Planeswalkers (DPA)||Rare|
|Tenth Edition (10E)||Rare|
|Ninth Edition (9ED)||Rare|
|Ninth Edition Foreign Black Border (9EDFBB)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Loxodon Warhammer occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.05%
Loxodon Warhammer Discussion
1 day ago
Hey, well done for a first deck built from scratch. What's the budget for making upgrades? For now I will suggest cards $2 or less each.
Cards to consider adding:
- Sun Droplet: repeatable gain life and put a lot of counters on Karlov in multiplayer Commander since it lets you remove one counter at each player's upkeep. More players means you can potentially take more combat damage and you can do damage to yourself to put counters on it.
- Caves of Koilos: Orzhov Pain land, ETB untapped and has interaction with Droplet since you do damage to yourself to make colored mana.
- Talisman of Hierarchy: Orzhov two drop mana rock that has interaction with Droplet.
- Pestilence: Karlov can get big and you will have more life than your opponents, this is repeatable pay mana to do damage to each creature and each player and it has amazing interaction with Droplet.
- Pristine Talisman: gain 1 life and make mana.
- Ranger of Eos: Soul Warden and Soul's Attendant are important cards to have on the battlefield and Ranger can tutor for both of them.
- Mother of Runes: repeatable protection for Karlov from targeted removal or make him potentially unblockable with protection in combat and Ranger can tutor for her.
- Dawn of Hope: repeatable pay mana to draw when you gain life.
- Arguel's Blood Fast Flip: repeatable pay life and mana to draw.
- Loxodon Warhammer: when equipped to Karlov makes him a monster, giving him lifelink and trample. With lifelink he can put counters on himself when he does combat damage and trample evasion makes it easier to do combat Commander damage with him.
- Rogue's Passage: make Karlov unblockable.
- Sun Titan: repeatable permanent reanimation, can reanimate Karlov or any other 3 or less CMC permanent in your graveyard.
Cards to consider cutting:
- Serra Avatar
- Ill-Gotten Inheritance
- Damnable Pact
- Renegade Map
- Armillary Sphere
- Mycosynth Wellspring
- Orzhov Charm
- Beacon of Immortality
- Torment of Hailfire
- Underworld Connections
Torment of Hailfire is not a bad card, but it's an expensive price card that could be cut to make upgrades including all the cards I have suggested and some more. You don't need both Hailfire and Exsanguinate. Exsanguiante is the better spell with your deck since it gains you life.
Good luck with your deck.
4 days ago
I think that dropping the Loxodon Warhammer for the Shadowspear might be worth it. They give you the same keyword abilities, the casting cost and equip cost are cheaper, and the spear has a a very relevant ability the warhammer doesn't! Just a thought.
1 week ago
Ah, what is there to dislike about life gain? The deck looks sweet, however, I do have some suggestions.
Whilst Exstort is a lovely mechanic, I feel as if many of these creatures are lacking. Basilica Guards, Kingpin's Pet, Knight of Obligation, Thrull Parasite, and Syndicate Enforcer all just have egregious stats. Similarly, Resplendent Mentor is a five Mana 2/2 that doesn't do something immediately unless you have a board state.
Armillary Sphere doesn't do much. You probably prefer to cast your commander than paying four and finding two basics.
That's all from me. Good luck!
2 weeks ago
There are a couple of more permanent Damige Doublers that I'd like a bit better than Quest for Pure Flame like Furnace of Rath and Gratuitous Violence. Also, if you want to be mean to people, I'm pretty sure you should try Ruric Thar, the Unbowed. I knwo he can hit you as well, but chances are people are gonna be more concerned with him. You can also try Zhur-Taa Druid because he fits in the theme and is ramp.
Try an mitigate some heavy loss of life with Loxodon Warhammer and Shadowspear and maybe include a tad bit more recursion. I'd also try running Wildfire just to mess with people, but you might need some help recovering from that.
3 weeks ago
Many Changes Done. Some forgotten in Paper, some forgotten on tappedout. Now Digital and Paper are 100% the same. From now on I keep Track of Changes.
4 weeks ago
My suggestions using only cards in your maybeboard.
That's 1 more out than in so you should be down to 99.
Ugrades using cards not in maybeboard.
These three cards together with Jarad allow you to sac a 5 power creature to deal 40 damage. Activate Jarac(sac creature is a cost)+Bracers double = 10 to each opponent. Archfiend and Reflection trigger, first deals 10, second 20 for 40 total damage.
Underrealm Lich + Gitrog = draw almost entire deck, since they trigger off each other.
Underrealm Lich will prevent you from decking as it replaces the card draw.
1 month ago
Some potential cards. Most of these might be side-grades or out of budget but are worth noting in the Maybeboard. I have a few of these:
Creatures are obviously optimal, what with elf anthems and counters and stuff. I would try to squeeze in the first three if you can. The tempo of getting your commander down on turn 2 is amazing.
Fyndhorn Elves , Priest of Titania , Boreal Druid , Farhaven Elf , Leyline of Abundance , Castle Garenbrig , Llanowar Tribe , Overgrowth , Reap and Sow , Kodama's Reach , Explosive Vegetation , Nature's Lore , Ranger's Path , Skyshroud Claim , Grow from the Ashes , Emerald Medallion , Growing Rites of Itlimoc Flip, Harrow , Circuitous Route
Rishkar's Expertise , Soul's Majesty , Mirror Shield , Zendikar Resurgent , Primal Rage , Heroic Intervention , Return to Nature , Overwhelming Stampede , Overrun , Beastmaster Ascension , Loxodon Warhammer , Colossal Majesty , Rancor , Vivien, Champion of the Wilds , Blossoming Defense , Withstand Death , Titanic Brawl , Ancient Animus , Momentous Fall , Nature's Claim , Once and Future , Regrowth , Wildest Dreams , Road of Return , Creeping Corrosion , Season of Growth , Blanchwood Armor , Sandwurm Convergence , Garruk, Primal Hunter , Vivien Reid , Vivien of the Arkbow , Ghost Quarter ,
Aspect of Mongoose is nice but prevents untapping shenanigans with your commander.
Some obvious out-of-budget stuff here and some lower-powered stuff too but I'll suggest them for posterity.
Llanowar Reborn , Karn's Bastion , Forge of Heroes , The Great Henge , Incubation Druid , Loyal Guardian , Tuskguard Captain , Pollenbright Druid , Solidarity of Heroes , Biogenic Upgrade , Durable Handicraft , Planewide Celebration , Courage in Crisis , Verdant Confluence , Bow of Nylea , Contagion Clasp , Contagion Engine , Hydra's Growth , Path of Discovery , Retreat to Kazandu , Forced Adaptation , Evolutionary Escalation , New Horizons , Nissa, Voice of Zendikar , Jiang Yanggu, Wildcrafter , Vivien, Arkbow Ranger , Kalonian Hydra , Arbor Armament , Stony Strength , Savage Summoning , Hunger of the Howlpack , Soul's Might , The Crowd Goes Wild , Armory of Iroas , Weapon Rack , Predatory Hunger , Primeval Bounty
I have a Drove of Elves I'm not using
1 month ago
- 2 Mana, -2/+1 stats, + an ability that can completely screw over other Voltron decks (
Uril, the Miststalker
Narset, Enlightened Master
, or decks that run
Yeah, I am definitely sold.Even if it does not end up replacing the Warhammer , I think it earns a slot.