|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2017 (C17)||Rare|
|Commander 2014 (C14)||Rare|
|Scars of Mirrodin (SOM)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Artifact — Equipment
Equipped creature gets +6/+6.
Whenever equipped creature attacks, destroy target permanent.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (31)||ironax , GoldGhost012 , Riku580 , Jauntu , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , LoneCrusader399 , Friedrice24 , Famicomania , gildan_bladeborn , Shiromakuro , Big-Foot , switchkill65 , Vasbear1 , TheAlmostHero , lava_lava , Xunfor6iv3nX , AlucardZain , DarkMagician , brentkc49 , duff87 , rikertchu , Fairseas , NivStormfront , MattN7498 , mziter501 , Va1mar , mycheze , itheoryz , , Kleptozaniac , PTsmitty|
|Want (14)||higgybaby , UncleJoe421 , DarthMeatloaf , , VaultTechy , Elphane , fancysaurus , dmage105 , PopeJonIII , vashaclarens , Kogan1911 , kvfd1719 , Dopeysboy , mlouden03|
Argentum Armor Discussion
3 weeks ago
Not an equipment, but if you can work in Eldrazi Conscription, you've got a serious Wincon. Especially if he's got Hexproof tacked on.
There's also Argentum Armor, which is just awesome.
1 month ago
You almost have all the forms of Nahiri!
Also I think in a voltron deck you should have fewer quantity of creatures and more quality creatures. For instance run 8 REALLY good creatures that can be voltron'd or help you voltron vs. 20 creatures that are good in white but not specifically voltron.
Here are a few cards I play in my voltron deck Samurai From The Past! that I think will be of some service too you:
- Spectra Ward: Great card, does a LOT
- Armored Ascension: You only play plains, why not?
- Gift of Immortality: If you are trying to get commander damage across this is a great, otherwise its decent
- Spirit Loop: This may read like lifelink, but it is not lifelink, so you would be able to gain double the life if a creature with lifelink and spirit loop deals damage.
- Remember the Fallen: Solid recursion
- Open the Vaults: Great to bring your stuff back and isn't as expensive as Replenish
- Open the Armory: Great tutor for enchantment or equipment without the pricetag of Enlightened Tutor
- Ajani Steadfast: His +1 is great for Voltron, his -2 is meh, and his ult is great.
- Dispatch: Another path for this deck
- Vedalken Orrery: You always want to be able to play cards at instant speed, as it gives you more control of what happens to the board, specifically your board.
- Scourglass: this deals with problems and keeps all your equipment around to reequip
- Loxodon Warhammer: One of the best non-sword voltron pieces
- Argentum Armor: With the likes of Caged Sun and Extraplanar Lens, you have plenty of mana and you can just go in with a big dude and blow up people's stuff
- Basilisk Collar: Don't underestimate this card, it's so good.
- Magus of the Tabernacle: This is in my Konda Voltron deck (Samurai From The Past! Check it out please!), and it puts a huge strain on go wide strategies and makes players very carefully assess what they want to do in their turn. Either they pay the to keep their 5 creatures or they play a spell, while you are just going to pay the for whatever creature you have Voltron'd
- Leonin Abunas: Great to help deal with people picking apart your assembled voltron creature
- Leonin Shikari: Again instant speed is always a big deal, combat tricks and what not.
1 month ago
I mean, I don't see how this is stax, I see some very good cards, like Gamble, Imperial Recruiter, and Enlightened Tutor, but in terms of prison/stax, you only run about 6 cards: Thalia, Heretic Cathar, Ghostly Prison, Linvala, Keeper of Silence, Aura of Silence, Blind Obedience, and Cataclysm.
I'd suggest you drop the cards like Bruse Tarl, Boorish Herder and Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite for much more powerful stax cards. Also I'd think running some more tutors for Helm of the Host (the instant win) would be useful.
Other cards I'd suggest you run:
Thalia, Guardian of Thraben - hurts storm builds and greedy manabases more than your deck.
Ruination - You run enough basics that a 3-4 colored deck will crumble.
Armageddon - Aurelia, the Warleader makes this thing basically a win, as you can probably beat face enough to kill one person before they rebuild, whilst rebuilding on your own. At that point with a couple more stax cards you might be able to drop your opponents all together. Use Ravages of War as well if you can afford one.
Crucible of Worlds - With a lot of land-destruction, or fetchlands, this card gives you constant land drops, allowing you to rebuild like nothing ever happened a few turns after an Armageddon or Cataclysm. Acts as a half Sun Titan in some cases. Strip Mine/Wasteland make it really good too.
World Queller - this card is godly. It can be used as land destruction every turn, and with a Sun Titan or Crucible of Worlds, you might not notice it's effect, but can name planeswalkers while you have none to get rid of a pesky Ugin/Karn/Nicol Bolas. It can of course remove pesky artifacts or enchantments, and still beat face a bit.
Trinisphere - This deck has a pretty high CMC, so this card might barely affect it. It will totally hurt the elf player, the storm player, and any other low-cmc player.
Aven Mindcensor - This doesn't affect you, but hurts your opponents fetch lands, tutors, or any other searches.
Luminarch Ascension - Acts as a powerful alternate win condition if you lock out you opponents.
Magus of the Moon - If you run enough basic lands, this card won't affect you very much, because of the artifact mana you have. Other decks may crumble to it.
Otherwise I'd only suggest you run some more rocks (Mox Diamond/Chrome Mox/Mana Crypt and all of the legal fetchlands like Windswept Heath, Marsh Flats, Flooded Strand, Bloodstained Mire, Wooded Foothills, Scalding Tarn)
Cards to drop for this stuff:
Argentum Armor, Extraplanar Lens, Loxodon Warhammer, Mask of Memory, Sword of War and Peace, Tenza, Godo's Maul, Elspeth, Knight-Errant, Puresteel Paladin, Gisela, Blade of Goldnight, Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite, Bruse Tarl, Boorish Herder, Balefire Liege, Avacyn, Angel of Hope, Archangel of Tithes, Angelic Arbiter, 2-3 lands.
Otherwise, it terms of lands, drop Sunhome, Fortress of the Legion, Temple of the False God, Boros Garrison, Emeria, The Sky Ruin, Opal Palace, Rogue's Passage, Clifftop Retreat, and some basic mountains, add the remaining 6 fetchlands, and that should be about it!
1 month ago
Remove anything that doesn't say, "you may draw a card when a creature enters" or you might just deck yourself with your all-cheating. Momentous Fall, Soul's Majesty, or Life's Legacy could probably draw much better than Elemental Bond. With all the card draw this deck does, some redundancy with maximum hand size helps a lot. Spellbook, Library of Leng, Thought Vessel
I'm thinking a Brass Squire would be a nice inclusion, especially with some of my suggestions, or just because you move a lot of equipment around. Helm of the Host, can let you copy Grothama and have it fight itself for 20 cards drawn.
There are two big glaring weaknesses of this deck: Flyers, and removal. For removal best to worst: Beast Within, Song of the Dryads, Karn Liberated, Argentum Armor, Steel Hellkite, Spine of Ish Sah remove anything. Reclamation Sage, Acidic Slime, Bramblecrush, Woodfall Primus can slow down your opponents while building your board.
Never go without graveyard interaction, Tormod's Crypt, Scavenging Ooze, or Relic of Progenitus will put an end to the Spore Frog + Meren of Clan Nel Toth combo, Archaeomancer + Time Warp, and other shenanigans
Multani, Yavimaya's Avatar and Ulvenwald Hydra are both giant reach creatures that hang back on D. They can fight Grothama and live too, just be sure to Fog so they don't go attacking with 10 damage marked on them. Tornado Elemental, Whirlwind, or Hurricane can deal with your archetypal Angel, Demon, or Dragon, tribal decks. Alternatively, Deadly Recluse or Hornet Queen will make no one want to attack you
2 months ago
2 months ago
Cool deck, even though I prefer non-competitive multiplayer EDH.
What about Silent Arbiter? Seems like it was made for you.
Also, I see you run a lot of evasion enamblers (good). What about Trailblazer's Boots? Almost everyone has at least a nonbasic on the field.
Champion's Helm is a good buff + protection.
Argentum Armor is very heavy, but hits like a truck.
Consider these cards, I think at least some of them would go a long way in adding competitiveness to your deck. If you want to see an artifact centric Voltron (and other good equipments), feel free to take a look here: Equipment Mastery! (Bring BOROS in EDH)
2 months ago
I'd suggest adding ASAP these cards (or at least to consider them):
- Blinkmoth Urn for huge mana ramp (who cares if your opponents will get 2 mana, you'll get ∞ mana).
- Cranial Plating is too good not to have in a 41 artifact deck.
- Argentum Armor is really good for removal, but I understand that you don't need to care about protection.
- Bloodforged Battle-Axe for super easy snowball. - Trailblazer's Boots because everyone runs at least 1 nonbasic, and this means unblockable. - Great Furnace for artifact count interactions. - Inventors' Fair and Buried Ruin feel like they can be useful here. - Brass Squire could come in handy. - Godo, Bandit Warlord because tutoring is never enough. - Etched Champion, Hellkite Igniter and Armory Automaton could feel useless, since you don't need protection, nor alternative win con creatures, but I like them, so there we go.
I hope you'll find this useful. If you are interested in EDH, consider looking at my decks ;)