|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Scars of Mirrodin||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Artifact — Equipment
Equipped creature gets +6/+6.
Whenever equipped creature attacks, destroy target permanent.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (14)||TheAlmostHero , GoldGhost012 , ironax , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , Brandbrower21 , rikertchu , LoneCrusader399 , Swamy , Va1mar , mcstang1986 , Big-Foot , mazrimtaim , gildan_bladeborn , switchkill65|
Argentum Armor Discussion
4 days ago
, Apostle's Blessing would be great! I'm not adding Fatal Push or Kolaghan's Command because those both add extra colors to the deck that I don't need. I would add the swords but Sword of Body and Mind just isn't as explosive on turn two as a Argentum Armor and Sword of Fire and Ice cost about as much as my entire deck.
2 weeks ago
As Neotrup said you MUST remove a counter from clockwork hydra if able. The "if you do" is not in fact a grammatical oversight. It is a clause so that if there are no counters on the hydra but it is still alive because of Glorious Anthem effects, equipment (Argentum Armor), or auras (Eldrazi Conscription) it will not still deal the damage.
2 weeks ago
DISCLAIMER: The commander in question does not have trample. Thus the following comment does take trample into account. It's also almost unblockable, so... yeah.
In EDH voltron, remember you're trying to get to the almighty 21. This is where the maths comes in, because, with a commander with 5 power, you have to hit them 21 divided by 5 times, which is equal to 5 when rounded up. If you give it just +1/+0, it becomes 4 times. +2/+0 then brings it down to 3, almost half of the original amount of times you had to swing.
However, to bring it down just 2 swings to kill a player requires 11 power, 4 more than the required power to execute with just 3 (I had stuff like Tenza, Godo's Maul cos I only had to reach 10 with Skittles). Thus, unless you are sure you can reach the +6/+0 necessary (which is why Argentum Armor is so great), adding power above the +2/+0 isn't all that useful. Double strike a similar effect: if you have +1/+0, you can kill them in 2 swings, if you have +6/+0, you can kill them in one.
Necromantic Summons would be amazing as it alone would give it the extra +2 power mentioned earlier. Other than some occasional extrodinary spells, such as Dance of the Dead and Animate Dead; most onto the battlefield recursion is around 5 mana (some examples (not suggestions) include Rise from the Grave, Fearsome Awakening, Obzedat's Aid, etc.), so don't expect to pay less then that most of the time, especially in budget. I wouldn't use from graveyard to hand effects such as Disentomb, as your commander is more than 5 CMC anyway.
An equipment I should have mentioned is Ring of Evos Isle, the blue counterpart to the Ring of Xathrid. Also a budget counterpart to Phyrexian Arena is Underworld Connections. You have to sac a land (sort of) to get the same effect, but if you're low on life you can choose not to. Yay!
2 weeks ago
I was recently working on a Skithiryx, the Blight Dragon deck (because I can't be bothered counting all the way to 21 lol) and have thus got a list of budget artifacts that you may want to consider: Sword of the Chosen, Kusari-Gama, Tenza, Godo's Maul, Ring of Xathrid, Lashwrithe, Argentum Armor, Grappling Hook, Prowler's Helm, Trailblazer's Boots, and the good old Masterwork of Ingenuity.
Your commander has semi-unblockable, so some aren't as useful as they are for Skittles; and alot of them have huge CMC + equip costs (Argentum Armor lol) but they're at least worth a try.
You have a formidable mana base, but with a commander with 6 CMC, you may want to through in a few more mana rocks: Crypt Ghast and Magus of the Coffers are expensive but bloody amazing, especially with stuff like Blanket of Night.
Another thing you may want to consider is recursion. Your commander is very expensive, so cheating him out for cheap would be beneficial to your deck. There are some amazing recursion spells, such as Animate Dead. Thirdly, card advantage is king in EDH (shortly after land removal and infect BWAHAHAHAHA ahem) so just through in some Sign in Blood or something.
Lastly (sorry for the immensely long post, I can get carried away): Eldrazi processors. When you cast a spell with Wrexy, I gets exiled and you can't do it again, even if it's amazing. But with the addition of a Blight Herder (which is effectively a 2 mana 4/5) or something and you can cast your enemy's Time Stretch over and over again! Might i suggest Ulamog's Reclaimer and Mind Raker?
4 weeks ago
Grappling Hook and Argentum Armor are nice, but are expensive mana wise. I might need a Brass Squire in there to help out. Cards that really appeal to me are Sigarda's Aid, Aspect of Mongoose, Vanishing, Pollenbright Wings, and even though I really want it, Bear Umbra is expensive. I might have to axe blade of selves for that, though I want to keep it since Reyhan, Last of the Abzan benefits greatly and might I want to get it for a future combo. Ugghhh, that's a tough choice.
4 weeks ago
Looks pretty good, I have a Sram deck with fairly similar counts on voltron + lands & it tends to beat face consistently. Your's is a little different in that you utilize 2x commanders. That being said, I see a couple of reasons for KEEPING Reyhan, Last of the Abzan
- GREEN color identity, those low cost green hexproof/shroud auras are reason enough to keep Reyhan - In fact I'd think about more due to you having a self-growing commander that isn't quite so screwed by shroud: Sexy BUDGET green aura to think about - Aspect of Mongoose , Canopy Cover , and CURSES!! Bear Umbra isn't budget but it sure smacks people. Pollenbright Wings can suddenly make you swing/block wide & is ridiculous with all that double strike.
- You use so much shroud so it is nice to have a secondary equip option, unfortunately in Sram I actually had to PULL Lightning Greaves due to several games where I played it early for protection but never found myself drawing in to a new equip option; fortunately for you, you have a 2nd option readily available in Reyhan if Ishai, Ojutai Dragonspeaker is shrouded & blocked from further equip/targeting (nifty bonus that his innate ability lets him continue to grow)
Other things I think I noticed/possible suggestions (trying to stay on budget)
- Vanishing - SERIOUSLY CAREFULLY READ THE RULINGS ON HOW PHASING WORKS!!!!!!!!! - I have seen this card attached to Zur wreaking MASSIVE havoc, it is by far more damaging than both indestructible & hexproof combined (as long as you have 2 blue mana open (the only downside for you is if you phase out (Ishai - I don't think his ability makes him grow... but still very strong) Seems mostly superior to Mistmeadow Witch
- Sigarda's Aid maybe?
- Trepanation Blade can surprise people
- Sword of the Animist a little $$ right now for some reason :(
- Grappling Hook I know the cmc is steep but I have surprised quite a few people by using that secondary ability
- Argentum Armor maybe a bit steep $$ or cmcwise
- I would think about taking out Blade of Selves although it is cool I THINK duplicating your legendary creatures would be a dead effect seeing as how those legendary duplicates would be instantly erased (maybe you have it for some deathtrigger combo with Reyhan?)
- Banshee's Blade or because
Really neat deck, I'm a little jealous of some of the color combos & other stuff you utilize that Sram cannot. Curious as to how it would square off against Sram voltron.. probably a 50/50 FAST game type of situation. Also, would depend heavily on the types of mana base both decks were drawing in to.
1 month ago
Im very very new to EDH and just made a Tromokratis Voltron deck... these are the equipments im currently running
- Basilisk Collar
- Grappling Hook
- Hedron Matrix
- Helm of Kaldra
- Hero's Blade
- Loxodon Warhammer
- Magebane Armor
- Mask of Avacyn
- Shield of Kaldra
- Swiftfoot Boots
- Sword of Kaldra
- Sword of Vengeance
maybe some of those could do you some good?
1 month ago
Hey BlackWizard! I like the deck--you've got a bunch of relevant creatures, and the use of the untap ability of Samut is a cool subtheme. My suggestion would be to up the land count. 32 is pretty low for EDH, even with the ability to cheat creatures into play. You don't want to miss land drops if you can avoid it. Cards I would propose as potential cuts for more lands would be Argentum Armor (essentially this card is paying 12 mana to destroy target permanent, assuming you even get to attack with it) , Hellrider (your deck seems to be more reliant on sticking a few big threats as opposed to going wide with lots of creatures), Thornscape Master (Mostly you'd be using the protection ability, which Mother of Runes does better), Thalia, Guardian of Thraben (You run 30 non-creature spells, so this hurts you just as much as it hurts your opponents), Vryn Wingmare (Same as Thalia), and Bow of Nylea (Low impact activated abilities for the most part, and the deathtouch on attacks is less relevant with the big beaters you're playing). Sorry for the book!