|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Ninth Edition (9ED)||Rare|
|Eighth Edition (8ED)||Rare|
|Seventh Edition (7ED)||Rare|
|Classic Sixth Edition (6ED)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Teferi's Puzzle Box
At the beginning of each player's draw step, that player puts the cards in his or her hand on the bottom of his or her library in any order, then draws that many cards.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (15)||Nemesis , MythicMeadow , plof , Esquire_ , rakdos24 , TheLazyGrim , lorddarkstar , CastleSiege , Azdranax , xpsychovampx , ironax , aeonstoremyliver , LeroyJones , cklise , silvereh|
|Want (2)||Ariumlegion , Myllyes314|
Teferi's Puzzle Box Discussion
1 day ago
You might be running too few ramp spells which is why the deck feels slow. Without infinite combo wins it's hard to play Sultai. You could try MLD-ish strategies like Natural Affinity into Massacre Wurm or Living Plane into Doomwake Giant. Maybe lock opponents out with Notion Thief and Teferi's Puzzle Box or other wheels (which are great for Muldrotha anyway). You might need to cut some of the smaller value creatures and cards for bigger, more impactful ones like Sepulchral Primordial.
Toxic Deluge and Damnation are both good. Phyrexian Scriptures is tempting as an additional Nevinyrral's that doesn't kill Muldrotha. Profaner of the Dead might be helpful as a lock. You should have a Force of Will and Pact of Negation for the Rite of Replication.
Jin-Gitaxias, Core Augur makes for a great reanimation target. If you're having trouble with creatures, recurring Merciless Executioner and Fleshbag Marauder could help. This is a good chance to get in Sidisi and more ramp.
1 week ago
2 weeks ago
I love card draw decks. If it's ever useful to compare notes, please feel free to check out Revenge of the Nibblers and Nekusar Draw-to-Discard (D2D). The latter is my current deck - super fun to complement the draw half with the discard half.
Have fun playing!
2 weeks ago
Hey guys, I know it has been a while, but I've play tested a little, and edited the deck, I'm looking to replace some cards with Mana Vault and Demonic Tutor I have removed some cards as they left too much to chance, such as Teferi's Puzzle Box and some other cards that were only useful too late in the game such as Charmbreaker Devils and Combustible Gearhulk And any other ways to give infect may not be needed as Tainted Strike can pair with Isochron Scepter and Paradox Engine however not sure if i can target one creature multiple time with Tainted Strike as it would give +1/+0 multiple times but would it prevent as it would have infect already until end of turn?
And if anyone could perhaps list a 1-2 cmc instant that allows me to deal damage and/or draw that'd be excellent
Any and all advice appreciated
1 month ago
I'm amazed nobody has suggested Consecrated Sphinx and Alhammarret's Archive this will be giving you tons of card draw on everyone else's turns! it's a nice combo, my deck is wayyy different but take a look at it for some ideas :) it's a little risky but Teferi's Puzzle Box might also be a good choice, leaving your opponents scrambling while you get all the insect tokens you could want. Here's my deck if you'd like to take a look God-Pharaohs' Swarm >Open to Suggestions<
1 month ago
Flooremoji Hey!! Thanks for participating :)
Let's start with Teferi's Puzzle Box, I really love this card it's like Induced Amnesia but for any colored deck. Since we're already going blue with Mindlock Orb I don't see a reason to play this card over induced amnesia unless we end up needing eight copies of it.
Also, I'm not entirely sure what we can do with Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir, he has a nice 3/4 body and flash which is great. You say it prevents the opponent for casting any spells but maybe you forgot a card with Teferi? Perhaps referring to the deck Saffron made a few days ago? Knowledge Pool
I'll add Puzzle box to the maybeboard, maybe we can find a use for it !
Seriously with all these lock cards you guys are posting I'M seriously considering an EDH lock down deck.
Thanks again :)
1 month ago
1 month ago
So... It looks like I horribly screwed up the formatting on my last post, so sorry about that. Here it is again in an actually readable form.
Some things that feels a bit out of place to me:
- Painful Quandary feels like it could actually be detrimental at times. Your opponents having a large hand size is actually helpful a lot of the time, letting you generate value off of Liliana's Caress and Waste Not and powering up your Windfall effects.
- Wheel of Fate isn't all that great of a card here, since it's incredibly hard to get a lot of value out of it when your opponents know when it's going to resolve.
- Underworld Dreams doesn't do all that much for having such a color-intensive mana cost, so maybe a different payoff card would be better.
Next, some things that I've always hated playing against in Nekusar:
- Phyrexian Tyranny is another payoff card that lets you deal 2 to players for every card they draw, or just tax their mana significantly. It hurts you a little too, but can deal tons of damage.
- Megrim is another card that hits opponents for 2 at a time, this time for cards they discard. While not as good as Liliana's Caress, it's still a powerful damaging effect.
- Fellwar Stone is great, and it's pretty much the only good 2-cmc rock you're not playing atm. Cheap rocks are very powerful in a wheel-based deck, since they let you get off to ridiculously fast starts and then refill your hand easily.
- Notion Thief is an incredibly powerful card, letting you lock opponents out of the game with Teferi's Puzzle Box or just gain some incredibly lopsided value out of a wheel effect.
- Propaganda is another great protection effect, since you will probably be the target in most games (I don't see why, all you're doing is letting them draw cards...).
- Mana Geyser can help generate ridiculous amounts of mana to help fuel one explosive turn. One thing I always hated was when my friend asked on like turn 6, "can I kill you?" This makes that much more possible, fun right!
- Trinket Mage feels like a pretty versatile card here. You could find Sol Ring or Mana Vault for ramp, Library of Leng if you need to wheel and keep certain cards in hand, and you could add Relic of Progenitus or Nihil Spellbomb to add some grave hate to that package.
- Lim-Dul's Vault can let you stack your library to give yourself an incredibly powerful hand after you wheel, and would basically serve as a cheap multi-card tutor in this deck, which sounds sweet!
- Increasing Vengeance is one of the best fork effects in existence. While you lose a bit of utility compared to Reverberate by not being able to copy opposing spells, the flashback ability definitely makes up for it in my opinion.
- Temporal Trespass, Treasure Cruise, Dig Through Time are all incredibly powerful with the amount of cards you dump into the graveyard while wheeling.