Artifact — Equipment
Equipped creature gets +2/+0 and has vigilance and "At the beginning of your upkeep, draw a card."
When equipped creature dies, target opponent gains control of Avarice Amulet.
Equip (: Attack to target creature you control. Equip only as a sorcery.)
|Have (2)||DoctorDax , GeminiSpartanX|
Printings View all
|Magic 2015 (M15)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Avarice Amulet occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.0%
Avarice Amulet Discussion
2 weeks ago
Avarice Amulet on your indestructible boss.
3 weeks ago
Burnished Hart - Star Compass - Prismatic Lens - Mind Stone - Sol Ring - Hedron Archive - Guardian Idol - Worn Powerstone - Pyromancer's Goggles - Victory Chimes - Mask of Avacyn - Whispersilk Cloak - Avarice Amulet - Cloak and Dagger - Darksteel Myr - Bomat Courier - Meteor Golem - Glaring Spotlight
4 weeks ago
I own a copy of Shield of the Avatar, I can't believe I forgot it existed. I'll make that replacement. Also I'll see what I want to replace for Avarice Amulet, it's finals week so I'll finish fixing the deck after this week.
4 weeks ago
I also like Avarice Amulet for card draw. It has a minor drawback, but Kemba is typically sturdy enough not to die. Vigilance is always nice too
4 months ago
I would recommend Iroas, God of Victory as the commander. I think he's the best for general Boros agro. The convenience of being able to swing freely is sooooo good--especially with mass-vigilance like Brave the Sands and its ilk.
Aurelia, the Warleader is a decent choice but is expensive, mana-wise. Even Jor Kadeen, the Prevailer is better than Agrus Kos though (with some more artifacts). Tajic, Blade of the Legion is an underrated choice too--can definitely make a great budget deck with him at the helm. Go wide and then suddenly Tajic is a commander-damage threat. Gisela, Blade of Goldnight is decent, but also quite expensive. Some folks love having bombs, like the two angels, in the command zone when the deck more or less functions without the commander (like most tribal decks). Some prefer lower CMC generals that can get out more reliably. It's all about what you like.
Argus Kos is pretty bad though. Unless you're in love with having a janky commander I'd highly highly recommend Iroas or Tajic, with Aurelia as a distant third-place.
For a new deck builder your list looks really good! Good creatures, good utility, a proper amount of ramp. Only thing missing is card draw, which you may know is nearly impossible in Boros colors. Mentor of the Meek is a good addition, so good on ya for that. Some... tolerable... draw options are Staff of Nin, Endless Atlas (somewhat suspect in a two-color deck, but I've seen it work), Icon of Ancestry, Vanquisher's Banner, Arcane Encyclopedia, Arch of Orazca, Farsight Mask, Infiltration Lens, Herald's Horn, Key to the City, Mask of Memory, Tome of Legends, Rogue's Gloves, Avarice Amulet (doesn't get .given away if it's on a commander).
4 months ago
only issue with shah of naar isle: echo cost says "may"
black vise & pauper's cage are target opponent, rather than all (hence why they're not in darth oprah), so may need to pick targets carefully.
5 months ago
- Avarice Amulet > Folio of Fancies (Just a better card in this slot, cheaper cmc and will do more for you overall)
- Seer's Lantern > Mind Stone (Cheaper cmc mana rock)
- Rakdos Locket > Rakdos Signet
- Izzet Locket > Izzet Signet
- Dimir Locket > Dimir Signet (Signets are just much, much better)
- Cursed Rack > Mountain (Cursed Rack is just average and very narrow in your deck)
- Sulfur Falls > Swiftwater Cliffs (Slight downgrade but saves $3.00 USD)
- Canyon Slough > Rakdos Guildgate (Saves cash, Canyon Slough enters tapped just the same, the reason this costs more $$ is because it has Swamp and Mountain in its land type, rare for non-basic lands, it means it can be fetched by fetch-lands like Bloodstained Mire )
- Revolutionary Rebuff > Arcane Denial (Counters any spell and adds some draw for you and opponent, which likely means 2 more damage for them too, an added bonus)
- Manalith > Wayfarer's Bauble (Manalith is pretty average at 3cmc, land-ramp with the Bauble is better in this case)
- Rakdos Cluestone > Star Compass
1 year ago
total= 14.71 save $0.29