Rishkar, Peema Renegade
Legendary Creature — Elf Druid
When Rishkar, Peema Renegade enters the battlefield, put a +1/+1 counter on each of up to two target creatures.
Each creature you control with a counter on it has ": Add to your mana pool."
|Have (2)||orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 ,|
|Want (4)||mgalloro , Lastexile0 , S3KShun8_Elite , AlexanderGCN|
Printings View all
|Aether Revolt (AER)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Rishkar, Peema Renegade occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.03%
Recommendations View more recommendations
Latest Decks as Commander
Rishkar, Peema Renegade Discussion
1 week ago
Alright, I have several suggestions for you and I don't want to appear overly critical. The main thing I'm noticing that needs work is your choice of non-creature spells... most of those effects you want on a body in Animar (i.e. ramp, removal, etc.)
Also worth asking... are you avoiding infinite combos on purpose? Want to ask before I suggest any.
Land Untap/Alternative Ramp: Cloud of Faeries and Stadium Vendors won't go infinite in your current build. Peregrine Drake will with Temur Sabertooth. On that note, consider Equilibrium as another bounce option.
Draw: Primordial Sage and Soul of the Harvest are your best repeatable draw (that you don't already run.). Tishana, Voice of Thunder is worth including also and Vizier of the Menagerie is amazing here as well.
Tutor: Fierce Empath
Let me know if you're picking up what I'm putting down... I can help suggest cuts (mainly from your high cmc non-creatures like Doubling Season, Primal Vigor, Zendikar Resurgent and your current non-creature ramp). In the meantime, feel free to check out my list for ideas... it's not budget friendly as a whole but still got plenty of options. Upvotes on any of my decks are appreciated. Animar, Gaea's Hemorrhoid
1 week ago
Okay buddy here we go!
I think we need to fix a lot of things here. Ramp is an easy fix, we'll get some more instant/sorceries that get lands because they are safest. Then we'll work on getting more counters on Hallar in more efficient ways. We'll also swap out some of your kicker spells for other kicker spells that do better things.
Cards to look at:
- Snake Umbra It's protection and draw
- Ordeal of Nylea Counters and ramp
- Wolfbriar Elemental an "eh" kicker but lots of tokens if you get the mana
- Vigor awesome against Neheb and Torbran
- Verduran Emissary kicker and removal
- Thicket Elemental kicker and free creature, but it costs a lot so maybe not
- Pir, Imaginative Rascal another hardened scales
- Mold Shambler kicker and removal (better than Thicket Elemental)
- Citanul Woodreaders kicker and draw (better than Thicket Elemental)
- Rishkar's Expertise draw and free spell
- Greater Good is good for drawing cards in the event a board wipe or removal happens. Yeah you have to discard 3 but who cares when you're hopefully drawing 8+ by sacking Hallar
- Return of the Wildspeaker another draw or a buff
- Hunter's Insight Since Hallar has trample you'll definitely get cards, but this can be 3 mana draw 8+ if he's unblocked
- Canopy Surge cheap kicker that also hits players so you can bring them down lower
- Chandra's Ignition boardwipe/damage players
- Breath of Darigaaz cheap kicker that also jits players
- Quest for Pure Flame cheap damage doubler to help you close a game. One Hallar activation puts 3 counters on it.
- Hour of Devastation solid boardwipe that hopefully won't kill Hallar
- Tectonic Reformation For cycling lands
- Solidarity of Heroes cheap kicker that doubles counters
- Heroic Intervention protection
- Savage Offensive cheap kicker that's a combat trick sorta
- Blade of the Bloodchief might be good with Elenda and Teysa sacking all those creatures.
- Primal Vigor double counters
- Llanowar Reborn easy +1 at the cost of it coming in tapped, great in opening hand
- Jiang Yanggu, Wildcrafter mana and +1s
- Rishkar, Peema Renegade mana and +1s
- Forgotten Ancient more counters
- Farseek 2 mana ramp
- Sakura-Tribe Elder 2 mana ramp
- Rampant Growth 2 mana ramp
- Nature's Lore 2 mana ramp
- Kodama's Reach 3 mana ramp and guaranteed land drop
- Cultivate 3 mana ramp and guaranteed land drop
- Explore 2 mana ramp and draw
Cards to maybe cut
- Azusa, Lost but Seeking only good early game or if you're drawing a ton of cards, replace with any 2 mana ramp card
- Elvish Visionary replace with Explore
- Grand Warlord Radha Looking to go lower on creatures, replace with 2 mana ramp spell
- Grunn, the Lonely King replace with cheaper kicker or at least a kicker that draws cards or is removal
- Loyal Guardian replace with better +1 counter option
- Rummaging Goblin Replace with better draw
- Savage Ventmaw 2 mana ramp spell
- Servant of the Scale replace with better +1 counter
- Skizzik replace with cheaper kicker or at least a kicker that draws cards or is removal
- Untamed Kavu replace with cheaper kicker or at least a kicker that draws cards or is removal
- Fog You know I don't like these but I know you like them. I'd replace with Heroic Intervention
- Magmatic Insight replace with Tectonic reformation
- Expedite replace with draw spell
- Darksteel Ingot 2 mana ramp
- Gruul Locket 2 mana ramp
- Gruul Cluestone 2 mana ramp
- Repercussion is way, waaaaaaaaaaaay to risky now with Neheb AND torbran. replace with anything really
- Forced Adaptation Replace with better +1 or doubler
- Radha, Heir to Keld replace with 2 mana ramp spell
So with all that I hope you're mana will be more consistant and your draw will be more powerful, then you'll be able to dump more counters on Hallar and snipe some wins. If not, your kicker spells will have more impact because they'll draw or remove or ramp. Focus on the 2cmc ramp cards, then swap out the kicker spells, then get those draw cards in there.
Here's a Deck you can also look at
1 week ago
But looks fun I've always loved ramp decks :)
3 weeks ago
Remove the 3 monuments as you only have a few creatures, and swap them for 3 signets (selesnya, golgari, orzhov)
If you want to go with legendary theme, there are legendary ramp like Rishkar, Peema Renegade
4 weeks ago
Omnath as main damage outlet (Go Tall)
- Plenty of creature based mana ramp from elves like Greenweaver Druid , Selvala, Heart of the Wilds , and Oracle of Mul Daya as well as all the classic elf ramp cards like Llanowar Elves
- Mana ramp sorcery spells like Tempt with Discovery and Traverse the Outlands
- Increase Mana generation from each land per turn with cards like Doubling Cube , Vernal Bloom , Wilderness Reclamation , Bear Umbra , Caged Sun , and Nature's Will
- Increase the Mana generation from each tapped creature each turn from cards like Leyline of Abundance , and increase the amount of mana gained by having more elves with cards like Wirewood Channeler , Rishkar, Peema Renegade , Priest of Titania , and Joraga Treespeaker .
- Increase both of the above with Seedborn Muse , which, along with Tempt with Discovery , only gets stronger the more opponents you have.
Elf synergy as secondary source of damage (Go Wide)
- Pump elves with other elves with help of cards like Elvish Archdruid , Elvish Champion , Ezuri, Renegade Leader Imperious Perfect , and Joraga Warcaller
- Elf token creation with cards with Elvish Promenade , Freyalise, Llanowar's Fury , and Imperious Perfect
Protection for both commander and high value Elves
- Basic equipment like Lightning Greaves , Swiftfoot Boots , Darksteel Plate , and Whispersilk Cloak to slow down or stop removal
- Asceticism , Stonehoof Chieftain , Archetype of Endurance , and Vigor as creatures and enchantments to protect your board.
Win Condition enablers
- Helix Pinnacle to use up mana on if Omnath is ever about to be destroyed.
- Triumph of the Hordes for trample and infect for a fast win combines with other trample abilities from cards like Stonehoof Chieftain , and Ezuri, Renegade Leader to allow you to force damage through.
- Hydra's like Primordial Hydra and Hydra Broodmaster provide other mana outlets to instantly set up fast overwhelming armies.
4 weeks ago
Thanks for the posting. I didn't know about Skyshroud Poacher until now and that is an awesome find for a Marwyn player.
I have a couple suggestions for you - I think the untap effects are great, but the instant and enchantment versions of this are not as strong as creature based versions. Pulling one of those to make room for Quirion Ranger would be worth trying. Pulling the rest of them or other non-elf cards of your choice for Ivy Lane Denizen , Generous Patron , and Rishkar, Peema Renegade I would also suggest as those 3 cards are some of the most potent elf ball effects Marwyn has - at least in my experience.
Great deck, have fun, and happy holidays!
1 month ago
Your avg. cmc is astronomically high my man. Even with a more casual Animar deck your avg. cmc should be about 3.8 TOPS. As the deck stands, your first few counters on Animar will be very slow and inconsistent.
Sorry if that comes off as overly critical. I have several suggestions for you and I'll try to break it down by category and keep things budget and casual friendly (mostly).
Feel free to check out my list for inspiration. Upvotes on any of my decks are appreciated. Animar, Gaea's Hemorrhoid
2 months ago
The following cards are out: Contagion Clasp - Proliferate is nice, but it doesn't perform at all when it hits the field. Return to Nature - played dozens of games. Keeps sitting in my hand with nothing to do. Fairgrounds Trumpeter - its ok, but I only ever got it to play once. Gruul Spellbreaker - Sure, it's hexproof and has riot, but it's just a early mid game blocker is all. Hunter's Prowess - never played it. Escape to the Wilds - on paper it's powerful, in practice it makes me lose the game. Return of the Wildspeaker - Just doesn't do much. Nissa, Voice of Zendikar - looked great, but really is not that great. Longshot Squad - Might be situation-ally good, but I never played it really. Rishkar, Peema Renegade - It's just really not doing anything for me so it's getting put onto the maybe list.
Cards ADDED to the list Birthing Pod Mycoloth Talisman of Impulse Goblin Matron Champion of Lambholt Krenko's Command Goblin Sharpshooter Thermopod Mwonvuli Beast Tracker - THE ONLY human in this deck...lol. Dark-Dweller Oracle