Creature — Human Cleric
Battalion Whenever Frontline Medic and at least two other creatures attack, creatures you control are indestructible this turn.Sacrifice Frontline Medic: Counter target spell with X in its mana cost unless its controller pays 3.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (16)||Brandbrower21 , bradyofportdetroit , redlegs_17 , MTG1814 , pskinn01 , Lindough , Kvothe1115 , the.beanpole , Mogar , golgarigirl , rakdos24 , thetechzombie , TheAlmostHero , Caldazar , sonnet666 , Swamy|
Frontline Medic Discussion
3 weeks ago
1 month ago
Welcome on T/O!
After looking at your list I came up with these suggestions you should really consider:
If you would like to see other EDH decks, you can always check the ones I play which are present on my profile page. I like to play with this deck the most of the time. An upvote is always appreciated :)
Have fun on T/O and if you ever need EDH advise, you can always summon me. Glad to help out.
2 months ago
The Mardu Woe-Reaper doesn't seem to help much. The ability can only activate ten time (1 for the 1st (1 life total), two for the second (3 life total), three from the third (6 life total), and four from the fourth (10 life total)), giving you ten life IF you can exile ten creatures from graveyards AND all of them stay alive. I think a better option would be Soul Warden if your looking for life gain. This ability will activate with EVERY creature EVERYONE plays while Mardu Woe-Reaper only activates with warriors. Another option, if you aren't looking for the health, is to put in Frontline Medic. Indestructible is always a nice touch to any army.
While mana expensive, Cathars' Crusade would help grow your creatures. Remember, the creature that enters the battlefield also gets the counters.
If you are looking for ways to spawn humans fast, Gather the Townsfolk can help. It is only at sorcery speed though, so you can't create surprise blockers. Increasing Devotion is another way to spawn humans, but I wouldn't use it. While it looks good, I have a friend who plays with it, and he managed to cast it only a handful of times and flashbacked it once.
2 months ago
I'm in the process of revamping my Ayli deck into a tribal deck and your decklist gives me some great ideas so thank you for that. Welcome back to magic :) Some feedback for you:
I think instead of categories named "ramp" and "mana rocks", they should be "ramp" and "draw". This will give you a better idea of how many draw spells you actually have, which (in my opinion) you don't have enough for such a low mana curve. And on the ramp side of things, I'd stick in 2-3 more.
More commander protection.
Considerations for adds
- Westvale Abbey Flip - Good alternative win-con and an okay token generator if you have nothing else to do
- Wrath of God / Fumigate / etc - OG wrath, and a great on-theme wrath. I'd recommend more than just the one you have but it depends on playgroup. Also casting this after you get the Battalion trigger from Frontline Medic makes me foam at the mouth
- Suture Priest - second cousin of the soul sisters
- Pious Evangel Flip - third cousin,twice removed in-law of the soul sisters
- Sun Titan - Double recursion, and you have so many targets with your curve
- Dawn of the Dead - What's nice about this recursion option is you aren't forced to exile the creature if it'd somehow leave the battlefield through other means cough Ayli cough
- Knight of the White Orchid - ramp
- Wayfarer's Bauble - ramp
- Sword of the Animist - ramp. You'll most likely sac the creature away before combat resolves anyway.
- Pristine Talisman - ramp, lifegain. Best of the bunch of 3 CMCs for this deck. Possibly 1-2 additional 3/4 CMC* rocks.
- Oath of Lieges - ramp
- Swiftfoot Boots - protection
- Gift of Immortality - protection. I love comboing with this and a high toughness creature although it can also be used for Ayli
- Darksteel Plate - protection
- Trading Post - great utility for this deck
- Heliod, God of the Sun - Not the best God out there but very thematic for the deck
- Viridian Longbow - turns Ayli into a sniper with her Deathtouch
- Illusionist's Bracers - double up Ayli's abilities
- Custodi Soulbinders - big boy in multiplayer
- Mikaeus, the Unhallowed - if you have a lot of non-humans this could go a long way
- Archangel of Thune / Cliffhaven Vampire / Vizkopa Guildmage - weaponize that lifegain
- Pontiff of Blight - I see him in your sideboard--I think his ability is great for this deck and he's got a big butt
- Phyrexian Processor - with enough lifegain you could make X pretty large. Combos great with Children of Korlis
- Gray Merchant of Asphodel - this guy can damn near win the game for you if you can recur him enough times
- Tree of Perdition - somewhat gimmicky but you can see its potential with Ayli
- Any of the three Elspeth Planeswalkers are solid in this deck.
- draw - I'm struggling with this myself. Ambition's Cost, Greed, Necropotence, Jar of Eyeballs, Dark Prophecy, Mind's Eye, Disciple of Bolas, Harvester of Souls, Promise of Power
Considerations for removal
- Exorcist - I'm not a fan because it's only black, that's too restrictive
- Orzhov Signet - *my issue with the signet is that it's CMC is 2 which conflicts with Ayli. I'd rather get slightly more value out of a 3 CMC the turn after
- Orzhov Pontiff - Ability seems minimal at best but maybe i have tunnel vision
- Hidden Stockpile - Maybe switch to Bitterblossom if price isn't a concern. Or, if you add some of the other token generators maybe this one won't be needed anyway
- Martyr of Sands - Not nearly enough card draw to get a huge benefit out of this
2 months ago
A deck in this style needs the lowest possible mana costs to be effective. as it sits, you have too many cards in the deck with mana costs 4 and higher. it's ok to have some lategame finishers just in case you dont get through, but right now your early game is weak, and that needs to be your strongest point. also, you need removal. sticking to the theme of being aggressive, Lightning Helix is pretty good, and Lightning Bolt is the most played card in modern for a reason.
now for creatures. you could and should cut the following from the deck. they dont advance your plan, and are too expensive, anyway.
Bruse Tarl, Boorish Herder - he doesn't do anything good for your deck, only slows down your hand.
Gisela, Blade of Goldnight - she advances your gameplan, but realistically you wont be able to cast her until turn 10 or later, and you should be winning your games before then.
Heartless Hidetsugu - he's too slow. cutting an opponent's life total in half sounds cool, but by turn 5, that's probably only 4 or 5 damage at the most.
Tajic, Blade of the Legion - this one is finicky. he's actually not bad, i just think we could do better.
I really like Boros Elite, Legion Loyalist, and Boros Charm in this strategy. they are super fast, and just make your deck a nightmare to deal with. Boros Reckoner is pretty solid too, and Firemane Avenger can clean up games very fast.
here's my recommendations:
Goblin Bushwhacker and Reckless Bushwhacker are insane in a deck like yours. with the ability to double your damage out of left field, I HIGHLY recommend these two cards as 4 of each. um, if you have the money, Goblin Guide. if not, i totally understand.
a personal favorite of mine is Keldon Marauders. they provide a lot of pressure, with the potential for 5 damage for 2 mana.
last, lose the Wind-Scarred Crags. this deck cannot afford to have lands entering tapped. you're better off running Plains and Mountains. although, Contested War Zone and Slayers' Stronghold could be fun to run one or two of. if you want multicolored lands, Inspiring Vantage is still pretty cheap, and im sure you know about Sacred Foundry.
Let me know i you have any questions =) I played this archetype for the better part of two years, so im happy to help you out
3 months ago
3 months ago
3 months ago
My suggestion is to look into White Weenie (WW) builds that have been done and look at the high-value creatures and support cards you'll find there. They are often cheap in $ as well as in CMC. Here are a few to get you started.
Suggestions under $1:
Honorable Mentions over $1:
There are a ton of possibilities if you go this route. Good luck with the deck.