Creature — Human Cleric
Battalion Whenever Frontline Medic and at least two other creatures attack, creatures you control are indestructible this turn.Sacrifice Frontline Medic: Counter target spell with X in its mana cost unless its controller pays 3.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (19)||Brandbrower21 , bradyofportdetroit , redlegs_17 , MTG1814 , pskinn01 , Lindough , Mogar , the.beanpole , bakeraj4 , Dr_Jay , HR19 , thetechzombie , Suns_Champion , rakdos24 , golgarigirl , TheAlmostHero , Caldazar , sonnet666 , Swamy|
Frontline Medic Discussion
19 hours ago
A few non-standard includes here that I think are neat:
- Frontline Medic as another Iraos effect is neat.
- Jazal Goldmane as an alternative (and cheaper!) Pathbreaker Ibex is really cool
- Grave Titan seems pretty spicey for Saskia tokens. Seeing it here, I now wonder why it's run so little.
The mana base here seems extremely greedy. Only 1 mana rock and 36 lands for a 4.2 average CMC just seems a little too inconsistent.
Some possible adds:
- Odric, Master Tactician gives another way to push through damage without losing board presence.
- Brutal Hordechief (which you removed from the precon) may be worth another look for the same reason
- Odric, Lunarch Marshal lets you share some of the powerful keywords like Flying and Deathtouch
- Samut, Voice of Dissent is another haste enabler that can also share a reasonable keyword salad
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion can both produce tokens and provide a mostly one-sided board wipe
- Gahiji, Honored One is both a pump effect and can incentivize your opponents to attack each other
- Heliod, God of the Sun is msotly just going to be a vigilence enabler. I think its 4-mana "make one kind of crappy token" ability is a trap in Saskia (even though I love it in other decks)
- Sire Of Insanity seems worse at doing its job than the Conqueror's Flail that you removed from the stock list. Saskia tends to hold more cards than you'd think.
- Archetype of Aggression is mostly granting trample to things that aren't likely to use it very well. Most of your mass buffs that would make it useful grant trample anyway.
- Lurking Predators with only 29 creatures and no other top manipulation seems pretty ambitious. I get that it can filter away lands, but I can't imagine where you wouldn't rather just draw a threat instead.
- Mystic Barrier really hurts you when you have a wide board and draw mass pump. It's cute, and I fully support running it as a fun card, but it's usually going to hurt you more than help.
- Mardu Strike Leader seems right on the edge of worth it. Seems like a meta call, but it probably wouldn't feel terrible to lose it.
4 weeks ago
Frontline Medic is really good, especially if you're going for a battalion-esque approach
4 weeks ago
In my opinion, Frontline Medic is a must have for any Tajic deck if you are making use of battalion triggers. If you want, check out my budget Tajic deck and see if you can borrow any of those ideas: I wouldn't mind terribly if you gave some feedback as well.
4 weeks ago
Your forum post mentioned 6 cards you needed to cut. Gift. I like the inclusion of Frontline Medic, i have not thought of that card in awhile. Consider a card such as Rootborn Defenses to deal with boardwipes and to help with unfavorable attacks.
1 month ago
Thank you for the input NV_1980 for your input. Your observation about Eight-and-a-Half-Tails cost is accurate and his casting cost can be a hamper at times as I want to cast my creatures rapidly, although I have been tempted to add him for spot removal denial and ensuring evasion of blockers for end game plays and card draw using my commander. Previously, if I am honest his lack of the human sub type has generally kept him out of the deck but I guess all I really need are the combo pieces to be human so I will see if I can find a spot for him.
Frontline Medic has been in and out of the deck several times; it was cut last time for lower CMC clerics to help speed up the deck for powering up the main combo, oddly enough I have found that X spells are not what get you in my meta or even generally inconvenience you. I have toyed with putting him back in and if I do I will probably replace one of the more expensive token generators with him.
There is only one reason Kambal, Consul of Allocation has not found a spot in the deck and that is his lack of the cleric sub type. It makes me very sad that some of the best Orzhov creatures are not clerics as he would be primed to be a star in the deck otherwise; as it stands he is not a cleric and does not support the main combo or interact with the tribe like most of my non cleric creatures do.
Thank you again for the input and suggestions.
1 month ago
Fun; I've never seen a Cleric-tribal before. Have you not included Eight-and-a-Half-Tails because her ability is relatively expensive (compared to the ability of say Mother of Runes? And no Kambal, Consul of Allocation in a cleric deck? He's sooo strong! Frontline Medic could fit into this deck as well, especially since Ravos can return it to your hand after you've countered a spell with it.
2 months ago
3 months ago
Welcome on T/O!
After looking at your list I came up with these suggestions you should really consider:
If you would like to see other EDH decks, you can always check the ones I play which are present on my profile page. I like to play with this deck the most of the time. An upvote is always appreciated :)
Have fun on T/O and if you ever need EDH advise, you can always summon me. Glad to help out.