|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Creature — Human Artificer
Whenever an artifact enters the battlefield under your control, Reckless Fireweaver deals 1 damage to each opponent.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Reckless Fireweaver Discussion
3 days ago
1 week ago
1 week ago
Pirates looks to have two possible builds: Treasure-Combo or a more aggressive combat-centric deck. I'd be inclined to focus on one over the other. Right now it's a little split between the two which is giving it that "Jack-of-all, Master-of-None" feel.
Focusing on the Revel in Riches win condition, you can utilize the creation and sacrifice of artifacts as the main mechanic of your deck.
- Marionette Master allows you to deal 4 damage to each opponent with the sacrifice of each Treasure.
- Disciple of the Vault, Underhanded Designs, and Reckless Fireweaver or often ignored because of the meager amounts of damage they deal, which adds up over time or when you burst out a handful of treasures a turn.
- Quicksmith Genius is a favorite of mine, allowing you to "rummage" away late-game lands or dig for Revel whenever you create a treasure.
- Cranial Plating can leverage your treasure count to boost your attack power.
- Pirate's Pillage is a good treasure generator.
- Time Sieve let's you buy a whole new turn with 5 treasures.
- Inspiring Statuary let's you effectively tap your treasure for mana without having to sac them.
- Never underestimate people's willingness to cash in on a Curse of Opulence. It may not make treasures, but the Gold will synergize with all the other pieces of this build.
- Confirm Suspicions similarly creates Clues. Not synergistic with Revel, but great with these other mechanics... and well... they draw cards!
- Hellkite Igniter can pump for hilarious amounts of damage depending on your treasure count.
- Herald of Anguish can fling treasure at smaller utility creatures or several treasure to bring down huge creatures. He also has improvise and discard. He's kind of nuts.
- Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas, Tezzeret the Seeker , Tezzeret, Master of Metal, Tezzeret the Schemer and Daretti, Ingenious Iconoclast, Daretti, Scrap Savant all synergize with expendable and numerous artifacts.
Focusing more on leveraging Admiral Beckett Brass's abilities we could go with more of an aggressive build. Since the pirate tribe is on the weaker side combat-wise, you're going to want combat buffs and lots of evasion.
- Urabrask the Hidden is great at getting in some quick damage and makes it difficult for your opponents to mount a defense. Doesn't synergize perfectly with Raid since they don't like haste, but it's worthwhile to keep everyone's shields down.
- Siren Stormtamer is an evasive early-game creature that allows you to trigger early game raid, counts for Admiral's ability and can save her from removal.
- Taurean Mauler counts as a pirate and can get HUGE.
- Dire Fleet Ravager is good start on reducing life totals. You're going to have more creatures than your opponents, and they're going to need to deal with his menace body, which means you're less at risk from losing life to his ability.
- Dire Fleet Poisoner might as well give one of your guys unblockable, as people will rarely want to trade down with a Pirate.
- Coastal Piracy is on flavor but Bident of Thassa is an upgrade.
- Kari Zev, Skyship Raider has menace and first strike. She may require some equipment to abuse her first-strike ability. But the menace will allow you to get damage through consistently.
- Vanquisher's Banner gives your team a mild boost coupled with some card draw.
- Similarly Herald's Horn can draw you extra pirates and makes them cheaper.
- It works great with Heirloom Blade, a card that gives you a pirate back when your pirate dies! Also +3/+1 for 1 to equip is pretty dang good for an aggro deck.
- Kindred Discovery is an insane draw-engine especially in a deck that likes to attack.
- Archetype of Imagination is a possible candidate for making your team unblockable.
Good In both Builds
- Deadeye Tracker is great at dealing with cards in graveyards, something that every EDH deck should have to combat those powerful reanimator, dredge, and combo decks out there. Additionally, this guy can grow or draw cards doing so... which is all upside.
- Deadeye Navigator can allow you to trigger Raid or create treasures repeatedly for a mere 1U. He scales in effectiveness with however many Raid and ETB effect guys you end up with. Similarly Conjurer's Closet and Panharmonicon can lean you towards a more ETB-centric build using Raid to pad out your other options.
Determining what to cut would involve going "All-in" on one of the mechanics, and effectively removing the other.
2 weeks ago
walking ballista is good with Pia's Revolution and Reckless Fireweaver in a Artifact heavy deck playing Syndicate Trafficker and Marrionette master anyway if you get them down with artifacts and Pia's triggers on things like impliments that draw you cards when sacked and deal dam + trigger fireweavers then if they dont take 3 dam you get impliment back in hand but once they are in range say you have a 4 power ballista and they are at 7 you also have a fireweaver and Pia's rev thats all you need. You sack all 4 counters from ballista now they are at 3 it dies but they have to return it to your hand or die to pia's rev then you cast it for 0 and it enters triggers fireweaver dies back 2 hand repeat, dead lock no escape.
2 weeks ago
With Saheeli Rai on board without an activation, activate Liquimetal Coating targeting her, then do her -2 ability targeting herself (she is now an artifact from the coating). Copy hits the board, Legend rule, choose the token to keep (and since she's an artifact herself again due to her ability), and -2 again. Rinse and repeat.
Time Sieve activation, sacrifice in a descending CMC order, including Junk Diver and Myr Retriever will pull all 5 back to hand that you sacrificed, plus an additional artifact in your graveyard, stocking up to 6 if ever in a bad situation of no hand.
3 weeks ago
I'm running a similar deck over at UR Modules ... Really?!? and have been totally impressed with Reckless Fireweaver and Maverick Thopterist. If you haven't already tried them, you might want to check them out.
4 weeks ago
I think the deck already has enough wincons, but I could see dropping one (maybe the 'go big' option, if Dinos shift out of the meta) and focusing on the go-wide options, with 4x Reckless Fireweaver. In a deck like that, 1x Brass's Bounty could be really fun.
Without manarocks and with all the tap effects taking TONS of mana, I'm not really sure what Paradox Engine would do here.