|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Creature — Human Artificer
Whenever an artifact enters the battlefield under your control, Reckless Fireweaver deals 1 damage to each opponent.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Reckless Fireweaver Discussion
3 days ago
@stensiagamekeeper Hey there! To be honest, that Reckless Fireweaver actually seems really cool with all the other tech going around!Seems like a better payoff for making treasures in a void/stagnant boardstate :) Pinging can be so fun. I'll defenitely try to work it into the deck or sideboard as some sort of ping combo, I'm debating Fireweaver mainboard as of now. Seems quite lethal with the Brass's Bounty. As for Fight with Fire, that's a card I actually missed. Good call!
As for the deck in general: in my testing, I've been running into enchantments that kind of hate out the flying creatures of the deck, like Sandwurm Convergence. Red has no actual way of dealing with enchantments at all in the current standard format. Debating on adding Green to the deck for some additional enchantment hate in the form of Thrashing Brontodon, perhaps even a Carnage Tyrantfor additional beatings and a great creature to stomp through the enemy defences. Any thoughts on this? I think the better cards would be the ones that either hate on enchantments, provide some extra ramp or add payoff to collecting treasures.
4 days ago
- Heart-Piercer Manticore could replace Fling in the Ravenous Intruder plan just cos it's better in a vacuum and does the job almost as well.
- Captain Lannery Storm probably does a better job of ramping on turn 3 but Hazoret's Monument could be a nice 1 or 2 of as it ramps you into all of your payoffs (besides Sunbird's Invocation) and fixes your draws in the late game.
- Fight with Fire is the sideboard hate of choice for Lyra Dawnbringer and in this deck could be a payoff for your ramp in a pinch (not to mention lyra and Settle the Wreckage usually go together)
- if you're not too attached to the Ravenous Intruder combo Brass's Bounty Reckless Fireweaver is a fun alternative that works well with sunbird's invocation.
4 days ago
1 week ago
Okay! thanks for the comments!
@SgtGomez404: I really like Pia's Revolution and its especially great in 1v1 format (better now since that Baral, Chief of Compliance is banned, but in a multiplayer format its a little bit less impactful, since there's more people, but ill keep it in mind. As for Throne of the God-Pharaoh its another great addition, so ill also keep it in mind, however, the deck doesn't have a bunch of creatures out at any given time so. I'll do some experiments to see if it will be impactful.
@Hexcimal: Thanks for the suggestions! The more information the better! Let's see here; I really like Aerial Modification and sometimes it has won me games, I like having it in addition to Aeronaut Admiral to add some redundancy. It also turns one of your vehicles into a blocker so there's that.
Reckless Fireweaver: I actually agree with you, it doesn't really do much and I think it's because it's not a mass artifact deck, at most you're plopping down one per turn so definitely something I can but.
I should probably add Gideon's Intervention in there, I just don't have the space!
Thanks for all the suggestions !!! I appreciate it!!
1 week ago
I've been running a Depala deck as well and it's been super sweet so far; here are a few things I've discovered from playtesting (and hoping it isn't too much at once).
Aerial Modification has been very slow for me in testing. Many vehicles have flying already, the Admiral gives them all flying too, and several vehicles without flying have different forms of built-in evasion or trade favorably with many creatures of similar CMC. Perhaps consider cutting it for a card with more impact at a similar (or cheaper) cost?
I'm not currently sold on Reckless Fireweaver, but I can see the appeal with the deck packing so many artifacts. How much damage has it been netting on average for you? I might include one for my deck.
As for additional cards to consider, here are a few that have worked wonders for me in every game I've been able to play them and I've always been happy to see:
- Gideon's Intervention has proven its worth in this format and I never regret drawing into it (or having it opening hand). It shuts down many decks that rely on their commanders to work, and makes it easier to survive against decks with few-but-strong beaters.
- Authority of the Consuls is an honorable mention. It's an awesome early play, causing potential blockers to enter tapped to let you keep swinging while gaining you life to combat other aggro strategies. It pairs hilariously well with Seal Away, which as caught many people off-guard.
- Fairgrounds Warden has been helpful in dealing with troublesome creatures, while being a viable target for Depala's triggered ability and providing a bit of crewing power.
- Finally, Renegade Wheelsmith has been good to me. Whether attacking as himself or crewing vehicles to plow through his victims, he's prevented many, many chump blocks in his time.
Depala is an awesome commander and you've got a strong list; I hope you've been enjoying her so far!
1 week ago
Soulblade Djinn, Monastery Mentor, Strongarm Monk, Skywise Teachings, Zephyr Scribe, Quiet Contemplation, Goblinslide, Firebrand Archer, Golem's Heart, Gonti's Aether Heart, Leering Emblem, Myrsmith, Riddlesmith, Golem Foundry, Artificer's Assistant, Efficient Construction, Embersmith, Reckless Fireweaver
I tossed some off-color cards in there just because they were so on topic . Happy gathering :)
2 weeks ago
2 weeks ago
yes the permanents enter "as" artifacts. but Mycosynth Lattice is far too expensive for what you're trying to do. it'd be better to just play artifacts, rather than a 6 mana card that makes your permanents artifacts. even then though, Reckless Fireweaver can't be your only, or even primary, means of dealing damage. at best its a secondary source of damage. rely on it too much, and you'll just ensure a loss anytime the opponent can kill it.