|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Champions of Kamigawa (CHK)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Artifact — Equipment
Equipped creature has "(2): This creature gets +1/+0 until end of turn."
Whenever equipped creature deals damage to a blocking creature, Kusari-Gama deals that much damage to each other creature defending player controls.
Equip (3) ((3): Attach to target creature you control. Equip only as a sorcery.)
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (13)||Tiddilywinkus , failurechild88 , acbooster , Nemesis , Caldazar , pskinn01 , Supremespeed , the.beanpole , sonnet666 , Swamy , ShishkyBob , rakdos24 , gildan_bladeborn|
1 week ago
Grafted Exoskeleton because a 6/6 that gets a +1/+1 counter basically every time it attacks with an equipment that gives it +2/+2 and infect, makes a very scary CMDR. Other good stuff is Grafted Wargear, Scytheclaw, Ring of Xathrid cause regenerate, O-Naginata, Magebane Armor because you are in red and probably running red board wipes like Starstorm basically keeps him safe from all red based board wipes and what ever else like Pestilence. Another good one is Kusari-Gama. All the "swords". And that's just equipment. Clout of the Dominus, Helm of the Ghastlord, Sleeper's Robe, and Fist of the Demigod are all good. Some others are good like Skeletal Grimace, Shade's Form, Endless Scream, Phyresis, Glistening Oil, and Corrupted Conscience gonna be good in many situations. I mean I'm barely scratching the surface. There's so many ways you can voltron. But this is what I got for ya. Cheers
2 weeks ago
Darksteel Plate wouldn't be a bad addition either.
3 weeks ago
1 month ago
- Thanks for the compliment! This deck is a labor of love and I am glad it shows.
Swiftfoot Boots is preferable to Lightning Greaves because we can continue to add more equipment and auras after they are attached. With no other creatures in the deck we cant swap around Lightning Greaves to get around the disadvantages of Shroud.
If only Rafiq of the Many was a mono-white enchantment. He would be in the deck for sure!
If I were to add a creature boardwipe to the deck Divine Reckoning would be it. I use it to great advantage in my Kemba, Kha Regent deck. Divine Reckoning could be a positive addition to this deck in the right meta.
Angelic Benediction can be a good addition, but the mana cost seems a bit too high for what it does. Likewise with Cathedral of War the free buff from a land is nice but I cant abide the fact that it enters play tapped.
- Sensei's Divining Top is not legal in the 1v1 MTGO Commander format. It used to be in the deck before I changed it to match the new MTGO format since most players of 1v1 Commander on MTGO migrated. Being a mono-white deck I would run Sensei's Divining Top if I could!
- I am a big fan of the Kaldra equipment set in a more casual environment but I think its too expensive to find a home in this deck. Plus, making a token would make Isamaru less lonely and we cant have that!
- Thanks for the positive feedback! A budget build of this deck in the 1v1 MTGO Commander format would be difficult; I just dont think it could stand up because we lose our fast mana. But, if you wanted to try, you could substitute mana rocks with higher CMC. It will slow you down overall but could add the mana you need for an explosive winning turn.
- Thanks for the suggestions on equipment that grants Vigilance. The 0 CMC even helps some of our cards that care about the amount of artifacts and equipment we have on the battlefield!
- Kusari-Gama is a great suggestion for metas that are token heavy. Definitely a card to watch!
When Sram, Senior Edificer first came out I swapped him in for Isamaru, Hound of Konda to see how the deck would operate. A commander with a cantrip stapled to it is great, to say the least. If I was not dedicated to the pup I would strongly consider running Sram, Senior Edificer.
Extraplanar Lens with snow basics has been considered for a long time. I just like the buff from Gauntlet of Power too much. In addition, I run the Regecca Guay APAC plains with the deck and I cant disrupt that level of flavor.
1 month ago
this isn't standard you will probably want to change the format. Kusari-Gama is a great way to remove a whole team since it hits the whole board, super strong with death touch. things like Lure will be good to make them have to block. Heroic Intervention would be good for you too, since you can survive some board wipes. one last thing, it looks like you enjoy making fun decks, have you considered using Harmless Offering and Donate to give your opponents Abyssal Persecutor? if you can find a way to do it, and then put a Robe of Mirrors on it you essentially are invincible.
2 months ago
Thank you again for the suggestions!
The Kusari-Gama is more for the 'if you block' portion than pushing damage through with the mana sink.
Oketra's Monument was actually an all-star last game. Created several chumps (effectively negating counter swings with Mirri, Weatherlight Duelist tapped) and made everything cheaper. Also bolstered the ability to 'go wider' than this deck can typically do, plus it is a Cat monument lol.
Relic Crush is junk, I agree. I like all your suggestions over that for sure. I'll swap that out for sure.
2 months ago
I'm not sure the deck can support Kusari-Gama... I remember waiting a long time to get lands 5, 6, 7, and 8 when I last played the deck. Even then you're spending your entire turn just to attack for a few extra points of damage?
Also I think Sylvan Reclamation, Return to Dust, Aura of Silence, Forsake the Worldly, Terashi's Grasp, Tribute to the Wild, and Return to the Earth are are better choices than Relic Crush in this deck.
2 months ago
To clear up my thoughts, here's what I'm thinking:
That just leaves Glare of Subdual... not sure what to cut for it