Creature — Human Soldier
Commander creatures you control get +2/+2 and have indestructible.
Bastion Protector Discussion
3 days ago
I second the suggestion of Bastion Protector . True-Name Nemesis can probably be cut to make room for it considering Nemesis doesn't really contribute to the Voltron strategy of winning by commander damage. The same could also be said for running the original Chromium, but I can understand the importance of flavor wins.
6 days ago
I personally run 34 lands with a cmc of 3.64, but sometimes have a game I wished i included one more. You have a few more rocks and dorks in your deck, so perhaps 34 is fine. But the cmc is a bit deceiving, I think your creature cmc cuts around 4, but the tutors and cheap removal you run holds it low.
On cuts, I think your deck looks in a good shape. Just quite spread with good stuff. You perhaps can narrow your focus down some more towards your wincons, especially since you run so much tutors.
E.g. Abzan Battle Priest is a good herald, but lifelink adds nothing to your strategy apart from survival.
How often do you play Necropolis Regent over other stuff? She's good, but I'd probably played something else for 6. You already adopted my Rite of Replication plan, Mirror Mockery does nearly the same thing on Reyhan attacks.
Is Tymna the Weaver the optimal choice for card draw here? It's not that you run bleed effects.
1 week ago
I just needed these for other decks:
1 week ago
I don't know what kind of group you play with so I'm going to make a bunch of general sugestions.
- First off, you might benefit from some instant speed removal. Path to Exile Swords to Plowshares etc.
- Similar to above counterspells will help protect you enchanted creature and stop problems from hitting the board.
- If you do not like counterspells perhaps Brave the Elements effects or things like Valorous Stance or Sheltering Light etc.
- Board wipes are also useful in stopping decks that go wide from getting out of hand.
- If you want to keep your removal enchantment based Prison Term is good and you go further into Pacifism efects and/or Oblivion Ring effects.
- Idyllic Tutor and Plea for Guidance are a couple tutors to consider.
- Sram, Senior Edificer is another enchantress effect for auras.
- Some artifact ramp to speed your deck up could be good. Primarily 2 cmc rocks to play before your general. ex. Sol Ring Azorius Signet Talisman of Progress Fellwar Stone
- If you don't like the mana rock idea perhaps you could hate on other peoples. ex. Stony Silence Kataki, War's Wage Aura of Silence
- Sun Titan , Restoration Specialist , and Retether provide some more recursion.
- Sigarda's Aid is a staple in aura/equipment based decks.
- You seem to have most of the auras I like in the deck already but a few to consider are Flickering Ward , Gryff's Boon , Shielded by Faith , and Battle Mastery
- It might be worth branching into equipment for utility, Lightning Greaves and Swiftfoot Boots add some much needed haste.
- Last but not least Bastion Protector is good at both protecting your general and upping his power.
Hopefully some of this is helpful.
3 weeks ago
@cthhtc and you shouldn't only use the gatherer to search card rarity. As you can see Bastion Protector is uncommon as of a set named Legendary Cube. Whether a set is online only or not is irrelevant to PDH rules for rarity.
What are some other cards you found rarity issues with?
1 month ago
Some cards to consider: Epic Struggle , Wolfcaller's Howl , Growing Rites of Itlimoc Flip, Sylvan Offering , Harvest Season , Whispersilk Cloak , Skullclamp , Bastion Protector , Sigil Captain , Path of Discovery , Druid of the Anima , Knotvine Mystic , Mage Slayer , Sunforger , Bravado , Spirit Mantle , Mentor of the Meek , Soul Warden , Beastmaster Ascension , and Resplendent Angel . Haha sorry for the long list, just cards that came to mind as being potentially useful!
1 month ago
Sovereigns of Lost Alara is really good. Also, I love a good Rancor . Your opponents will have a hard time getting rid of it. Hammer of Nazahn , Darksteel Plate , and Bastion Protector let you attack without fear. Shalai, Voice of Plenty is a great card for EDH. If you want commander damage, Whispersilk Cloak , Rogue's Passage , Spirit Mantle , Aqueous Form , Aether Tunnel , Unquestioned Authority , and Holy Mantle are options. Also Spectra Ward . These are good options for voltron if you go that way.
Bastion Protector occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%