|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Urza's Legacy (ULG)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
At the beginning of your upkeep, if you have 5 life or less, sacrifice Second Chance. If you do, take an extra turn after this one.
|Have (13)||jstn.mrrtt , Epidilius , Cunningcrow , Fineontheoutside , mziter501 , SirFowler , mazrimtaim , Horizon97 , bakeraj4 , Pumpkinking913 , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , Ashy , RPG_FOX|
|Want (6)||Ob1012 , toxyxav , lestudent2112 , UniTheDino , IBWolfKnight , netdragonarchfiend32|
Second Chance Discussion
3 weeks ago
Command Beacon seems the most important one. Things like Spore Frog and Treachery come to mind. Also stuff like Night Incarnate may help to control the board. Stuff like Curator's Ward and Diplomatic Immunity really help to keep your commander on the board. For your Second Chance combo you should add ways to bring your life below 6 life on the opponents endstep, Necropotence and similar cards could help with that a lot. There are also some more expensive combos that may win you the game. Lion's Eye Diamond , Necromancy and Phantasmal Image form a combo to play all your permanents from your grave in a single turn and generate infinite colored mana the same time. All 3 are fetchable with Intuition and it doesn’t matter which one you get to your hand.
If you haven’t seen it already you may like to have a look at my Muldrotha list. Not a budget version but you will find a lot of cheap cards that really do great things with Muldrotha.
1 month ago
It’s not at full potential, but I had some fairly positive results with Muldrotha Enchantress since there were some cleverer Cumulative Upkeep enchantments or sacable ones that could be reused.
Commander / EDH
SCORE: 39 | 57 COMMENTS | 3336 VIEWS | IN 10 FOLDERS
At think, at the time I threw other shit in there like the Gitrog Combo, but I feel like Sultai Enchantress was a sweet build for Muldrotha, especially with Second Chance
1 month ago
1 month ago
Well, I offered a couple ideas at the top of the thread but at the time you were still trying to thin the deck down to 100. I’ll give you a bunch more ideas now:
- Rest in Peace + Energy Field or Web of Inertia. I ran this combo for quite awhile in my Zur deck till I discovered the solemnity/glen elendra/kithkin spellduster combos. After that I had to find a different immortality combo so I could have a graveyard. That led me to...
- Phyrexian Unlife + Solemnity makes it so you can’t die either. Coupled with Necropotence you can pay all your life to put most of your library in your hand in one shot. Speaking of Necropotence...
- Necropotence + Zur's Weirding is a combo that will lock your opponents down by denying them acces to their libraries. You just pay the life to make them discard every card they draw. The way you get enough life to keep paying the life is Venser's Journal. And opponents can’t force you to discard squat because of Necropotence. You aren’t actually drawing cards.
- Riptide Chimera + Second Chance: this gives you infinite turns or enough to setup what you want. Just pay your life down to less than 5 with Necropotence to start this combo. Just put second chance’s ability on the stack then return it to your hand with the chimera before it is sacrificed. I have checked with judges on this combo and according to them it does work.
- Eidolon of Rhetoric or Arcane Laboratory + Riptide Chimera stops your opponents from playing multiple spells per turn but lets you cast as many as you want during your turn. And with your Grand Abolisher opponents wont be able to do anything about it.
- Eidolon of Rhetoric or Arcane Laboratory + Jace, Unraveler of Secrets: get to Jace’s ult and opponents are screwed the rest of the game.
If you use the Enchanted Evening, Greater Auramancy, Copy Enchantment combo I mentioned at the top of this comment thread then the only thing opponents can do to stop any of the above combos is use board wipes but with Glen Elendra and Solemnity that won’t be possible. Would also be a good idea to run at least 12 counterspells to protect against anything else they might be able to do. Also use a bunch of tutors to grab combo pieces that you are unable to Zur out. Plea for Guidance is a good one since you can grab 2 in one shot. Hope these ideas help you out. Good Luck.
3 months ago
Pseudo-ception Grind value and beat people to death with a 6/6 commander, 7/7 Nez and 8/8 Flample Raz.
Since the addition of Dance of Many the other combo pieces have become much more resilient(as it can replace either one), so you could consider swapping one of Animate Dead/Necromancy for either Riftsweeper or some other backup win like Smokestack, Second Chance or even Possessed Portal
4 months ago
Checked the actual card rulings on gatherer, the ability will only trigger if you have less than 5 life at hte beginning of your upkeep. You're correct there. However you can still just activate Unspeakable Symbol at the same time you would be flashing in Processor. The benefit here is that you don't need an aditional card to enable instant speed plays. That and the fact that Zur himself can tutor symbol, compared to both Vedalken Orrery and Leyline of Anticipation, both of which you still need to draw into/tutor in addition to the Phyrexian Processor. The more cards you have to find, the harder your work is cut out for you to make the combo work.
4 months ago
The issue with Phyrexian Processor is that you have to paythe life as it enters, meaning that you go an entire round with really low life and hope not to die. The good thing about something like Unspeakable Symbol is that you can activate it in response to Second Chance's ability and pay the life in your upkeep.
4 months ago
Second Chance occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.0%