Angel of the Dire Hour
Creature — Angel
When Angel of the Dire Hour enters the battlefield, if you cast if from your hand, exile all attacking creatures.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Angel of the Dire Hour Discussion
3 days ago
5 days ago
1 Chrome mox
1 Expedition Map
Thanks in advance!
5 days ago
Hello all! this is my update on what's available plus PRICE DROP!!.
So what I have here are cards from my binder that I'm trying to get rid of. I'm building Karametra EDH and I need some expensive cards for it (listed below cards for sale), and I can't afford them. I will take trades or cash in the price listed below:
So, here's the cards!
All cards are NM/LP unless otherwise specified.
2x Monastery Mentor $8 each
3x Terminus $1 each
Big Furry Monster from Unglued, both halves, $6
2x Shallow Grave $5 each
3x Counterbalance (Coldsnap) $5 each
1x Emrakul, the Aeons Torn NEAR MINT $32 each
4x Expedition Map $1 each
2x Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger $15 each
Vindicate from Apocalypse $4
Cards I Need! 1 of Each!
Avacyn, Angel of Hope NOT FROM THE VAULT FOIL
If you're still reading by the time you get here, thanks! You're the best! :D
I will update this daily with what is and isnt available. Again, I will take cash or trades for the second list of cards
1 week ago
Since you have Extraplanar Lens, I would recommend using Snow-Covered Plains instead of regular ones. Depending on your meta, it would help make sure you don't give other people extra mana. I'd also consider adding in Godsend, Angel of the Dire Hour, True Conviction, Angelic Arbiter, Chancellor of the Annex, and Celestial Mantle.
2 weeks ago
I have a few suggestions, so just bare with me.
- Ayli, Eternal Pilgrim - She doesn't do anything to fit Kaalia's theme immediately. She's a great card, but will not be utilized efficiently in this deck.
- Burnished Hart - Keep this if you are passionate about it, but it's slow to utilize without a lot of ramp, and you'll want to spend the mana casting other spells to power your Kaalia engine.
- Mana Flare - I'd never give anyone else a bonus unless you were a group hug deck.
- Obzedat, Ghost Council - Like Ayli, Eternal Pilgrim this card doesn't fit your deck theme. You don't really have a lifelink sub-theme going here, so this should go.
- Sangromancer - If it ain't an Angel, Demon, or Dragon, or if it doesn't immediately have a use, like Grand Abolisher, then it should go.
- Angel of the Dire Hour - This will blow up your creatures if you cheat it in with Kaalia. Just saying.Fork - Keep it if you are passionate, but I personally don't see the use for this card in the deck.
- Wild Ricochet - Same as Fork
- Necropotence - You need the ability to draw, and this is the standard bearer for black card draw.
- Phyrexian Arena - If Necropotence is the champion, then this card is the runner-up.
- Greed - This is the second runner up.
- Ruby Medallion - Jet Medallion is a good idea in this deck. Why have one when you can have two?
- Diabolic Tutor - It's not the fastest tutor, but when you are desparate, you will appreciate it. Plus, it's budget friendly.
- Rune-Scarred Demon - This is Vampiric Tutor on a stick. Run it.
- Lord of the Void - This card is obnoxious in Kaalia. Sure, steal other players' creatures. Watch them sulk about it. Salty like the Dead Sea!
- Vampiric Tutor and Demonic Tutor - If you have the dinero, then these are no question.
- Dragon Mage - I love this guy. Nothing like being able to cycle your hand because you've got nothing but lands that you don't need.
Anyway, dude, I hope this helps. Can't wait for you to kill someone with it. Peace.
4 weeks ago
Here's what I recommend.
Angelic Purge, Angelic Edict are good for getting rid of the annoying things on the board. Nevermore is good for keeping your opponent's commander off of the board, and effects like Oblivion Ring are good for controlling the board state.
All in all, not bad for a draft. +1 from me.
1 month ago
I would say you need more ways to generate card advantage and more ways to get more mana.
For card advantage we have multiple ways to break that up, so starting with cards that remove multiple things.Angel of the Dire Hour, Fumigate, Comeuppance, Wrath of God, Day of Judgment, Mass Calcify and Phyrexian Rebirth (if you run more mana rocks), Grasp of Fate, Return to Dust, and other board wipes of varying quality.
Now cards that give you other cards for free.Stoneforge Mystic, Stonehewer Giant, a lot of the ramp cards listed above, Nahiri, the Lithomancer, Stone Haven Outfitter, Relic Seeker, Brimaz, King of Oreskos, Steelshaper Apprentice, Oreskos Explorer and Emeria Shepherd.
Here are some cards that have particular synergy with your deck, I've already listed some like Nahiri above.Masterwork of Ingenuity, Konda's Banner, Hero's Blade, Mask of Avacyn, Bonesplitter, Intangible Virtue.
Cards in particular I would cut from the deck would be:Blinding Powder, Ethereal Haze, Altar of the Brood, Darksteel Forge (when will you ever get to 9 mana?), Torpor Orb, Blight Sickle, Authority of the Consuls, Orbs of Warding, Quietus Spike (it's costly, makes you a target, and doesn't help with the Voltron plan), Ulamog (not enough mill decks in the world).
That's my $0.02.
1 month ago
Hey, cool deck! I was looking through some Basandra, Battle Seraph decks for ideas for my own when I came across this one.
Two things jumped out at me as I read through- first was that I don't think Angel of the Dire Hour works with Basandra, because Basandra keeps you from casting spells during combat. Second was the inclusion of Nahiri's Machinations and Rise of the Hobgoblins; I haven't seen those anywhere else, and they're really cool!
Best of luck with the deck!