|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Modern Masters 2017 Edition||Common|
|Duel Decks: Blessed vs Cursed||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Vampire
Whenever Falkenrath Noble or another creature dies, taget player loses 1 life and you gain 1 life.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Falkenrath Noble Discussion
6 hours ago
1 day ago
Hey thanks for the feedback! These are some great suggestions. Black Market seems like a perfect fit. I especially like the Blood Artist/Zulaport Cutthroat/Falkenrath Noble simply because they're cheap guys that do nice things while they're around, but I won't be heartbroken if I end up sacrificing them. And messing with this deck a bit is making me think that my concern that there aren't enough little guys was right, so I might try pulling some of the big stuff for either some of your suggestions or some cheap guys that I already have on me. Tukatongue Thallid/Llanowar Elves/Elves of Deep Shadow/Rendclaw Trow were on the original list and didn't make the final cut, but maybe they deserve to be in there.
Any thoughts on which of the big guys might be worth cutting? They all seem like they fit pretty well...
3 days ago
I like the idea, and honestly i say keep your current commander, its something different you don't see all that oftenif you don't mind im just gonna list some cards that could be good for you, and some of my favorites
Demon of Dark Schemes while the -2/-2 might wipe your tokens and honestly might not be a great idea, I think his other ability make him at least worth a look
Sheoldred, Whispering One she lets you bring a creature back a turn and each opponent loses one, just if you have trouble with recursion
Vampire Hexmage for counter heavy decks if you need it
Black Market for that sweet sweet ramp if you need it
Palace Siege just here cause i like it, lets you either get creatures back or drain opponents
Victimize its a sac outlet and recursion all in one
4 days ago
Just some thoughts in case they help build off of what Immortalized said or provide any other useful things to look at:
There are a lot of other draw cards too that you might consider:
- Ambition's Cost / Ancient Craving / Read the Bones / Sign in Blood are decent cheap black draw spells that cost a little bit of life
- Phyrexian Arena
- Fact or Fiction
- Telling Time / Brainstorm / Ponder / Preordain / Foresee If you want some Scry/Shuffle/Deck Manipulation with your draw
And countless more. In a deck like this though there's a lot of value to be had in something like Phyrexian Arena since 1 life per upkeep is no biggie with Oloro around
Here's some other good removal to think about:
- Merciless Eviction and Austere Command can give you a lot of options
- Cyclonic Rift / Wash Out / Aether Gale can set an opponent back a lot. Cyclonic Rift for it's overload is the best!
- Curse of the Swine is always fun
- Supreme Verdict if you get overwhelmed or desperate. It's strictly better in my opinion that Wrath of God or Day of Judgment
- Toxic Deluge is another great creature removal if you have life to spare
Slow Down Taxes
Here are some cards that can really halt your opponent's aggression:
- Ghostly Prison / Propaganda / Sphere of Safety to make them pay to attack
- Rhystic Study to make them pay additional for each spell they cast (or let you draw)
- Imposing Sovereign
- Fog Bank / Guard Gomazoa / Wall of Frost Fun cheap defenders that can stick around or eat removal
Some other creatures worth mentioning that tax an opponent's life:
- Fate Unraveler Damage on draw. Can be great for forcing end of game on an opponent's draw step if you get your combos set and can't push it over the edge (unlikley). At any rate he can be pesky.
- Blood Artist / Blood Seeker / Cliffhaven Vampire / Deathgreeter / Falkenrath Noble / Suture Priest / Zulaport Cutthroat All sorts of interactions and costs associated with creatures.
- Kambal, Consul of Allocation Life cost to play spells. Another great way to trip some combos and source life for draws.
Here's some other cards that are worth noting:
- Pristine Talisman combos well if you have Oloro out (Tap to gain life, spend the mana to draw the card and cost each opponent 1 life)
- Baleful Strix can be great utility in this kind of deck
- Reliquary Tower Is always great in draw decks
One card I'd definitely recommend ditching is Azor's Elocutors.
Other cards I see that I'd consider removing if it was me:
- Palisade Giant CMC too high for too little bonus in my opinion.
- Azorius Chancery / Dimir Aqueduct / Orzhov Basilica . I've seen these mess up players' tempo and strategy so many times. They're also great value for any opponents running land destruction. Some other options to consider could include: Drowned Catacomb / Glacial Fortress / Isolated Chapel if you want faster mana. OR Temple of Silence / Temple of Enlightenment / Temple of Deceit if you want the bonus scry. OR maybe even something as simple as Scoured Barrens / Tranquil Cove / Dismal Backwater in the hopes the 1 life lets you get a bonus draw.
I used to play an Oloro deck as well (albeit it with a very different affinity ) using a ton more artifacts and some fun combinations around Darksteel Forge and Nevinyrral's Disk . He's a great commander and a lot of fun. I hope you enjoy the deck and can find something useful in any of my suggestions.
Good luck and happy hunting!
1 week ago
Nice use of T-wrath and that Tandem/Thermo synergy.
Could be good: Pauper GB Combo?
1 week ago
I've tried to write an essay for the advice I have for this deck three times already. I'm on an old tablet that can't handle many things, so I've given up. I'm hoping you can guess my reasoning through card suggestion only.
Desecration Elemental, Hissing Iguanar, Jund Battlemage, Mogg War Marshal, Rot Shambler or Scavenger Drake, Claws of Gix, Bone Splinters, Curse of the Cabal or Grave Pact, Dragon Fodder, Fallen Ideal, Fists of Ironwood, and From Beyond UNLESS you decide to add an eldrazi with annihilator.
1 week ago
So I note you haven't considered lands as yet. For casual play the common/uncommon tap lands are ok, however the rare lands can get expensive. For your deck and theme I would suggest Scoured Barrens and Blighted Steppe.
Soul Warden is a card you will want, probably over Deathgreeter alternatively Perimeter Captain might be an option. Falkenrath Noble is probably too slow, consider cards like Lone Rider Flip, Gifted Aetherborn, Blood Artist, Ajani's Pridemate or Voracious Hatchling. For a finisher a card like Blood Baron of Vizkopa or Divinity of Pride would fit.