|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Journey into Nyx||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Enchantment Creature — Sheep
At the beginning of your upkeep, you gain 1 life.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Nyx-Fleece Ram Discussion
1 day ago
You could put in Odric, Lunarch Marshal. A lot of your creatures have keyword abilities on them. Also, if you're running out of options, you can use Nyx-Fleece Ram. By the way, Tainted Remedy + Beacon of Immortality is genius. I love this deck!
3 days ago
Hmm...if I had to choose a way to make Sun modern-viable, I'd go hard prison with the Nyx-Fleece Ram/Propaganda/Ghostly Prison/Sphere of Safety route. You've already got some key pieces here, like wraths, Leyline, Gids, DSphere, and some solid countermagic. However, if you've already committed to this path, I'd say you need some extra fuel. Censor over Mana Tithe, Thought Scour to reach Approach faster, for example.
Then, maybe Linvala, the Preserver in SB over one copy of Timely? That way, you won't wrath yourself as often.
Hope that helps! Let me know what else I can do. Cheers
1 week ago
I'll give some input: this deck's win conditions are virtually non-existent. All but one of your creatures are unable to attack, so literally your only way to win the game is to buff up your 0/5 Nyx-Fleece Ram (of which you only have two copies) to the point you can eventually do something, which will be tortuously long and very unlikely for him to live long enough to even try. There are ways to make defender-based decks work, but this doesn't seem like one of them. At the very least, Assault Formation and/or Wakestone Gargoyle will give you 5000% more oomph to this deck.
I've got two defender-based decks that I'm currently working on. They're not quite fine-tuned yet, but maybe they can provide you with some inspiration moving forward. Naya defender with lifegain and Defending superfriends V1.
2 weeks ago
Thank you GTaigrs your feedback was very insightful and constructive as you can see I took some of your advice I liked the idea of replacing Wall of Frost for Nyx-Fleece Ram along with sphere of saftey with Norn's Annex.
2 weeks ago
You may like Aegis of the Gods for Silent Arbiter so you can't be burned out, Nyx-Fleece Ram for Wall of Frost so you can get life gain, and Heliod, God of the Sun for Dovin Baan to keep Dragonlord Ojutai hexproof when attacking.
2 weeks ago
Consistency is key. If you want to cut some one-offs out, focus on more indestructible cards for your sovereign,and run a 4 of Sphere of Safety they stack. So if you have 4 enchantments out and 2 spheres, your opponent needs 8 mana per creature. So maybe just focus on a few really useful cards to make that game consistent.
I am by no means an expert. It's a cool concept, also go modern and infuriate people. Really cool my dude. Lemme know if anything helps.
2 weeks ago
Some stuff I think I accidentally added, but wanted to actually discuss first:+Necropotence (Do we wanna go there?)+Yawgmoth's Bargain (Theres no combo pay-off that I can see. Is this card still too dangerous?)+Ancient Tomb (Fast mana is fast, but then again you do become arch enemy pretty fast)+Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite (is this too much?)+Spellweaver Volute (this card is just weird, but seems like it could be cool. Thoughts?)
- Verduran Enchantress
- Mesa Enchantress
- Argothian Enchantress
- Eidolon of Blossoms
- Enchantress's Presence
- Aura Shards
- Mirri's Guile
- Heliod, God of the Sun
- Quarantine Field
- Prison Term
- Faith's Fetters
- Darksteel Mutation
- Aura of Silence
- Karmic Justice
- Sterling Grove
- Abundant Growth
- Wild Growth
- Utopia Sprawl
- Mirari's Wake
- Debtors' Knell
- Nyx-Fleece Ram
- Bear Umbra
- Luminarch Ascension
- Awakening Zone
- Grasp of Fate
- Suppression Field
- Holistic Wisdom
- Sacred Mesa
- Limited Resources (I realize this card is extremely oppressive)
- Fertile Ground
- Trace of Abundance
- Mana Bloom
- Dovescape (Im just curious about this card. Cant tell if its good or not. Certainly interesting!)
- Earthcraft (theres a cute combo with Squirrel Nest if we decide we wanna do that)
- Privileged Position
- Glare of Subdual (This gets pretty brutal with Seedborn Muse and Prophet of Kruphix in the format. Just something to think about.)
- Khalni Heart Expedition
- Oath of Druids (Finally a card we can break lol)
- Evolutionary Leap
- Primeval Bounty (is this good enough? Seems interesting at least.)
- Bounty of the Luxa
- As Foretold (Yeah boi)
- Golgari Germination (works across archetypes)
- Necrogenesis (a few decks might want this)
More stuff for Orzhov Drain:
- Trade Secrets (cards cards cards)
- Treasure Cruise (fuck it)
- Dig Through Time (fuck it twice)
- Metallurgic Summonings (Spells payoff that packs a punch)
- Mizzix's Mastery (without payoffs like storm or turnabout I think this is safe)
- Jori En, Ruin Diver (maybe not good enough)
- Melek, Izzet Paragon
- Kolaghan's Command (must include now that artifacts is an archetype)
Notes on Enchantress:
First, the payoffs are not super broken. There arent that many cards that REALLY reward you for having or interacting with enchantments, but once the deck comes together its highly synergistic. We could make people more interested in choosing Enchantress as an archetype by adding lots of g and gX enchantment-based mana acceleration in place of cards like llanowar elves (while still leaving the best dorks). Decks that would be interested in ramping might suddenly find themselves interested in enchantment cards like wild growths of bounty of the luxa. What do you think?
Also, Im worried that enchantress skews removal in general towards white. Since so much of the archetypes pulls are removals, we end up having more white removal in the cube.
3 weeks ago
Sargeras, thanks so much for taking the time to offer critiques!
- Unfortunately, as you said Heliod's Pilgrim only gets auras. :(
- Aura of Silence is a fantastic idea, and I think I'll even put two in the main, since they both work with Starfield of Nyx to Naturalize every turn if there aren't any other enchantments to bring back.
- Nyx-Fleece Ram probably wouldn't get hit by creature removal, but even still I don't know that I can use a card that doesn't actually answer anything. What about using Call the Bloodline as another win con that also gains life? Or should I use the orzhov manland?
- What would Story Circle and Rule of Law be good against? I'm not too familiar with the modern metagame (hmm, I guess I'll look it up on some websites)
- Sigil seems too expensive for an effect that I have to cast other spells to get advantage out of. It's definitely an idea, but it seems a bit slow in theory.
- Blind Obedience would be another way to gain life, but is the fact that it is a worse Ghostly Prison a problem? I feel like anything Blind Obedience does, Ghostly Prison does better (except for the lifegain), so is the lifegain worth it?