|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|From the Vault: Angels||Mythic Rare|
|Avacyn Restored||Mythic Rare|
|Promo Set||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
Avacyn, Angel of Hope
Legendary Creature — Angel
Flying, vigilance, indestructible
Other permanents you control have indestructible.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Avacyn, Angel of Hope Discussion
1 day ago
This advice is for going full Human Tribal, so no soldiers and spirits.
- Minus Emeria Shepherd Card is too expensive, no synergy b/c no ETB effects or payoff cards to reanimate.
- Minus Collective Effort Card is too mediocre in EDH
- Minus Devout Invocation, Although a very cool and flavourful card, it's too expensive, and doesn't have a direct impact on the board without a haste source in play.
- Minus Ajani Unyielding, Strong card, but no synergy wit the deck.
- Minus Bow of Nylea, Card is too underwhelming in EDH
- Minus Gallows at Willow Hill, again, very flavourful, but underwhelming.
- Minus Swiftfoot Boots, usually works better with big creatures that need protection, instead of a lot of small creatures, if you really want to play it, go for Lightning Greaves
- Minus Thought Vessel, you don't really need the ramp if you keep the CMC low, same goes for the hand-size limit, you want to keep casting creatures, not gain a massive hand. Imagine drawing this instead of more humans that commit to the board state.
- Minus Asceticism, you're main concern is board wipes, not target removal, I would suggest playing this in a creature based deck like Mayael the Anima
- Minus Archetype of Courage, too underwhelming in my opinion
- Minus Somberwald Sage, only ramps for big creatures, which is not your focus.
- Minus Decimator of the Provinces, too underwhelming for its cmc
- Minus Elder of Laurels, not a bad card, but only buffs one creature, you want more anthem effects.
- Minus Fiend Hunter, it's a solid card, there are better options
- Minus Geist-Honored Monk, solid card, but no human synergy and no game changer for 5 CMC
- Minus Odric, Lunarch Marshal, Minus Odric, Master Tactician, never been a fan of these.
- Minus Precinct Captain, soldiers, no humans
- Minus Ulvenwald Tracker, meh
- Minus Voice of Resurgence, obviously one of the best cards in Modern, solid in EDH, but not really a human card
- Minus Nissa, Voice of Zendikar, I get the point, but no humans
- Minus Avacyn, Angel of Hope, So good, so expensive
- Minus Mosswort Bridge, not enough value to gain here, so just a slow land card.
- Plus Skullclamp best draw engine for tokens in the game.
- Plus Devout Chaplain, solid tribe removal
- Plus Heron's Grace Champion, excellent combat trick.
- Plus Herald of War, solid tribal support
- Plus Tireless Tracker, great stand-alone with draw-engine
- Plus Grand Abolisher, anti control card
- Plus Thraben Doomsayer, free human tokens,
- Plus Angel of Jubilation, anthem
- Plus Chord of Calling, find your craterhoof on instant speed.
- Plus Eladamri's Call, tutor.
- Plus Green Sun's Zenith, tutor.
- Plus Avacyn's Pilgrim, solid human mana dork
- Plus Overwhelming Stampede wincon
- Plus Door of Destinies anthem
- Plus Akroma's Memorial wincon
- Plus Obelisk of Urd tribal anthem
- Plus Cryptolith Rite Ramp
- Plus Angelic Overseer Solid tribal support
- Plus Marshal's Anthem Recursion + Anthem
- Plus Kodama's Reach additional Cultivate
- Plus Adaptive Automaton tribal support
- Plus Enlightened Tutor
- Plus Gather the Townsfolk, more humans!
2 days ago
Currently looking to trade for the following
Avacyn, Angel of Hope < Avacyn's Restored
Only looking for NM foils as well!
Please feel free to checkout my binder, and choose what you would like! DM me with any questions or comment! Also always willing to trade for high end foil Angels! :)
3 days ago
My choice would be one of my favorites, Zur the Enchanter.
He was searching for immortality, his followers believe he found it, nobody knows for sure.
New Zur, immortal (like Sorin), and ready to make the Multiverse his.
I really hope we see him again when we return to Dominaria. I expect his new card won't be as good as his original as the original absolutely owns Commander and I've heard he makes a decent Modern deck as well. I expect an Avacyn, Angel of Hope and Archangel Avacyn Flip situation.
5 days ago
Iconic Sphinxes: Consecrated Sphinx. I don't really remember any others. Alhammeret maybe?
5 days ago
5 days ago
Abres_Tenelles Thanks for the comment!
I've used That Which Was Taken, and was underwhelmed by the amount of mana that had to be invested to get results.
I have just one copy of Avacyn, Angel of Hope, and she resides in my Angel deck. Otherwise, she's perfect for this.
I wasn't familiar with Cauldron of Souls - I think I'll grab one of those for this deck, and my Sek'kuar deck as well. Awesome suggestions.
5 days ago
Love the deck concept!
1 week ago
Regarding Gideon of the Trials in the new Amonkhet set, how can we maximize this last/ ultimate ability? So far, I have Avacyn, Angel of Hope/ Sigarda, Host of Herons/ Privileged Position/ Leyline of Sanctity/ Peacekeeper. So, he can't be destroyed, sacrificed, targeted by spells or abilities, chosen to take damage instead of player, or damaged in combat. However, I can't get around Thief of Blood and mass exile, like Perilous Vault. Any ideas?