Avacyn, Angel of Hope
Legendary Creature — Angel
Flying, vigilance, indestructible
Other permanents you control have indestructible.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|TCGPlayer.com Price -1%||Cardhoarder (O) Price|
|$19.0||$25.71||$35.0||$26.77||8.22 TIX||3.55 TIX|
|Have (13)||drkness01 , Dadaman11 , jhTheMan99 , TheTyrant , Wyldekarde , travis1643 , HSF117 , AceofShell , crusader4321 , adventfaith , turnbuckle , maR2307 , Galdelonian|
|Want (17)||mazrimtaim , ozzar , dougiefresh420247 , dspot4lyf , rockleemyhero , Pokemaster325 , LordOrgasmus , Conqueror_of_Thrones , brianmagicdeck , OverBite00 , shaderaven , Spinalripper , Bassmaster , danfike , aeonstoremyliver , Welldasgood , TheRealPeaches|
Avacyn, Angel of Hope Discussion
19 hours ago
Oh!? Very cool interaction with Reconnaissance! Didn't realize it could do that, very cool!
I also saw you're playing a few untap target permanent (or something close to it). Does Thran Dynamo and Gilded Lotus make for excellent ramp? While you have the ability to use them twice or thrice a turn. Giving you the ability to cast Avacyn, Angel of Hope while keeping Counterspell mana up.
And maybe Haunted Cloak which gives you everything you want. Haste, for instant face beats. Vigilance, because of obvious reasons. And trample, for actually connecting for triggered abilities.
1 day ago
Moldorga, welcome and thanks for taking the time to weigh-in on my Kaalia deck! Again, I just want to point out the deck is for my local game store where we only play multiplayer EDH, so threat assessment and having a stable mid-game plan are important aspects. First thing's first:
Your suggestion about adding a Yosei, the Morning Star soft-lock sounds really powerful. I actually had heard the term "Yosei-lock" before but I didn't know how it worked. I forgot that Yosei also makes players skip their untap steps. Phyrexian Tower is a card I don't own at the moment, but I could toss in High Market for the time being to test out the lock strategy. I like it!
I have fought back and forth regarding Wayfarer's Bauble vs. Expedition Map. I agree Map is a more versatile card in that it presents a huge variety of land options, we can't really call it a "straight upgrade" because it doesn't actually ramp us forward. It gets the land to our hand, not into play. I see your point here, though, so you may be right the benefits of Map outweigh the deficits.
My concern again with filling the deck with 2 CMC rampy artifacts are Planar Cleansing, Fracturing Gust, or Oblivion Stone style cards. In multiplayer games, at some point someone is going to blow up the board; in these cases I'd rather have spells that ramp lands into play (or into my hand) rather than 10 artifact stones that all die and set me way behind. In 1v1, I agree with you -- balls to the wall on artifact ramp is the way to go -- but I don't feel it works as well in multiplayer, or at least not against my nuclear bomb-loving playgroup.
I also agree Avacyn, Angel of Hope is an incredibly powerful card, but she's not a surprise. When she comes down, one of two things happen -- either someone is prepared and she gets Path to Exiled or Swords to Plowsharesed, or I win the game. The problem is, if she gets exiled, she did literally nothing for me. She has no come into play effect, so she gets me no value if she doesn't stick. On the other hand, Ghostway and Faith's Reward are surprise responses. Both of which, played properly, can allow me to avoid having to recast Kaalia and I can continue applying pressure. Even better, they can net me additional come-into-play effects if I save creatures other than Kaalia with them.
I think you made absolutely excellent points, but I don't think they'd make the deck more effective in a 4 player game.
1 day ago
There is a lot of work that could be done here. A few card s you could consider are Baneslayer Angel, Akroma, Angel of Wrath, Akroma, Angel of Fury, Avacyn, Angel of Hope, Decree of Justice, Entreat the Angels, Concerted Effort, and Luminarch Ascension.
2 days ago
Hm, I'm currently thinking on how to substitute these cards. I'll drop the Evolving Wilds and am also thinking about one Boros Signet and the Expedition Map. I also put in the Wind-Scarred Crag instead of Boros Guildgate. Should I exchange the Clifftop Retreat with the Sacred Foundry as well? I'd be able to put in Aurelia, the Warleader because I dropped that one signet, but I'm not so sure on what to drop in favor of Sun Titan, Lightning Greaves and Path to Exile. I see why they make sense as they help me to draw cards and dig for what I need as well as making Avacyn, Angel of Hope practically invincible. Should I switch Gisela, Blade of Goldnight with Aurelia, the Warleader? In the end they follow basically the same wincon as they both double my damage, but these two combined would be pretty sick as well. I'm also pretty unsure about what to include in the sideboard. What do you think?
2 days ago
Right on! You have some great cards already in here but I can give a few suggestions: Path to Exile is the most used spot removal spell in modern so it's a easy addition, Archangel of Tithes is hot right now for a deck that wants to tax your opponent (really nasty with Ghostly Prison that you have), you're working towards late game so cards like Wrath of God and ghostly prison are huge, my personal favorite boros angel is Aurelia, the Warleader she's amazing, Sun Titan is very popular with recursion white decks and works great with your Wall of Omens, once you get to your big creatures you need to keep them which your Emeria, The Sky Ruin is great at but I would maybe even add Lightning Greaves because Avacyn, Angel of Hope with haste and shroud is no joke. Since you're casting big stuff I'd say run at least 23 lands and keep your mana rocks and go for more effective lands, there are the cheaper options like Wind-Scarred Crag or Battlefield Forge up to more pricey like Sacred Foundry or Arid Mesa. Hopefully this helps! I'll let ya know if I think of anything else.
2 days ago
For now 1v1 casual, wasn't planning on using it in competitve Magic. I playtested it a bit and surprisingly did not run into mana problems. But I might be in need of a tutor because in a good chunk of these playtests I had a really big mana base but didn't get to my wincon Avacyn, Angel of Hopeand/or Gisela, Blade of Goldnight. I haven't thought alot about the sideboard yet, just put some stuff in there that didn't make it into the main deck. I'm glad about suggetions on how to refine this, so go ahead :) Even if it's not meant to go competitve at this point, I might decide to go for that in the future, so don't hold back :D
3 days ago
I also got a Steel Hellkite, but not sure whether he deserves a starting spot. The upside is that he's a pumpable dragon (theme, evasion) with a wrath-like destruction ability, and since he's colorless I can't really get land-screwed trying to cast him, if it comes down to that. He's also one of my cheapest "fatties". The downside is that he has no protections, and requires dealing combat damage to use his ability, which also requires additional mana contribution. Anyone, thoughts?
4 days ago
Like I just drew a hand and it was 4 plains (1 mistveil type), e tutor, Worn Powerstone and Austere Command. karn was on top of library. so I would go end step e tutor for Sol Ring. Turn two Sol Ring into Worn Powerstone pass. turn three, 7 mana up sitting on Austere Command and Karn Liberated?
Drew again and thought it was slow, it was a Sea Gate Wreckage with Cavern of Souls for the colorless and plenty of other mana. two draws down was Elspeth, Sun's Champion, which would probably just be a pseudo board wrath, followed by uncounterable Avacyn, Angel of Hope turn 6-8. I dunno. it could be great. I mean, I don't want to be so ruthless that no one wants to play anymore. lord knows, that's how my Nekusar, the Mindrazer deck was. so many were like nah... not playing that.
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|From the Vault: Angels||Mythic Rare|
|Avacyn Restored||Mythic Rare|
- Avacyn, Angel of Hope + Shaman of Forgotten Ways + Wrath of God
- Avacyn, Angel of Hope + Serenity
- Avacyn, Angel of Hope + Quicksilver Amulet
- Avacyn, Angel of Hope + Empyrial Archangel + Vigor
- Avacyn, Angel of Hope + Planar Cleansing
- Avacyn, Angel of Hope + Loyal Sentry
- Akroma's Vengeance + Avacyn, Angel of Hope
- Avacyn, Angel of Hope + Gisela, Blade of Goldnight
- Avacyn, Angel of Hope + Platinum Emperion
- Avacyn, Angel of Hope + Privileged Position + Sigarda, Host of Herons
- Avacyn, Angel of Hope + Wrath of God
- Avacyn, Angel of Hope + Palisade Giant
- Avacyn, Angel of Hope + Avacyn, Angel of Hope + Mirror Gallery
- Avacyn, Angel of Hope + Mask of Avacyn
- Archetype of Endurance + Avacyn, Angel of Hope
- Avacyn, Angel of Hope + Platinum Angel
- Avacyn, Angel of Hope + Riding Red Hare
- Avacyn, Angel of Hope + Putrid Imp + Reanimate
- Avacyn, Angel of Hope + Kira, Great Glass-Spinner
- Avacyn, Angel of Hope + Worldslayer
- Avacyn, Angel of Hope + Empyrial Archangel
- Aerie Mystics + Avacyn, Angel of Hope + Sigarda, Host of Herons
- Avacyn, Angel of Hope + Veteran Bodyguard
- Armageddon + Avacyn, Angel of Hope
- Avacyn, Angel of Hope + End Hostilities
- Avacyn, Angel of Hope + Hundred-Handed One
- Avacyn, Angel of Hope + Warden of Evos Isle
- Avacyn, Angel of Hope + Phyrexian Rebirth
- Avacyn, Angel of Hope + Magus of the Disk
- Avacyn, Angel of Hope + Worship
- Avacyn, Angel of Hope + Mageta the Lion
- Avacyn, Angel of Hope + Supreme Verdict
- Avacyn, Angel of Hope + Duneblast
- Avacyn, Angel of Hope + Catastrophe
- Avacyn, Angel of Hope + Fated Retribution
- Avacyn, Angel of Hope + Privileged Position + Sterling Grove
- Alesha, Who Smiles at Death + Avacyn, Angel of Hope + Kaalia of the Vast
- Avacyn, Angel of Hope + Elvish Piper
- Austere Command + Avacyn, Angel of Hope
- Avacyn, Angel of Hope + Rout
- Avacyn, Angel of Hope + Privileged Position
- Avacyn, Angel of Hope + Avatar of Slaughter
- Avacyn, Angel of Hope + Sigarda, Host of Herons
- Avacyn, Angel of Hope + Novablast Wurm
- Avacyn, Angel of Hope + Craterhoof Behemoth
- Avacyn, Angel of Hope + Minion of the Wastes + Phyrexian Processor
- Archetype of Endurance + Avacyn, Angel of Hope + Melira, Sylvok Outcast
- Akroma's Vengeance + Avacyn, Angel of Hope + Harvester of Souls
- Ajani, Caller of the Pride + Avacyn, Angel of Hope
- Avacyn, Angel of Hope + Pariah
- Armageddon + Avacyn, Angel of Hope + Planar Cleansing
- Avacyn, Angel of Hope + Weathered Bodyguards
- Avacyn, Angel of Hope + Nevinyrral's Disk
- Avacyn, Angel of Hope + Dragonlord Dromoka + Sigarda, Host of Herons
- Avacyn, Angel of Hope + Iona, Shield of Emeria
- Avacyn, Angel of Hope + Indomitable Archangel + Lightning Greaves