Destroy all creatures and planeswalkers. If it's your turn, scry 2. (Look at the top two cards of your library, then put any number of them on the bottom of your library and the rest on top in any order.)
|Have (2)||metalmagic , GeminiSpartanX|
Printings View all
|Born of the Gods (BNG)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Fated Retribution occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.0%
Fated Retribution Discussion
2 months ago
Hey man, your Friendly Neighbourhood Deckbuilder here. as you requested ill be helping you with your lifegain deck today. some cards i would remove and reasons as to why.
Accursed Witch Flip -for what she does (which is meh at best) she costs too much mana. too slow. Night Market Lookout bad card Opaline Unicorn way better mana rocks out there Xathrid Gorgon slow for what it wants to do. much better cards in these colours with the same cmc. Paradise Mantle dont really need it Final Reward way too expensive for what it does Pharika's Cure really weak for a hard 2B Tribute to Hunger giving your opponent a choice is most times bad. token decks exist. Unholy Hunger 5 cmc to kill one creature and a requirement to hit the incidental life gain? oof. Fate Forgotten my recommendations will render obsolete Fated Retribution better replacement recommended Visara the Dreadful Seer's Lantern meh Elbrus, the Binding Blade Flip Shimmering Grotto you can stand to cut a land of two Swamp see above Vampire Envoy can do better Desecration Demon its fine but not necessary Reya Dawnbringer lets face it, great ability, but with 9 mana i hope youre doing more than waiting until your next turn for a big play... with 9 mana you wanna try to win games.
here is what i have for you my friend
Heliod's Intervention one of the better cards in white recently, this deck loves the options here. Felidar Sovereign win con Merciless Eviction probably the best boardwipe these colours can ask for Fumigate amazing wrath Suture Priest great at any point in the game Utter End fantastic removal at a fair cost Talisman of Hierarchy decent rock Gray Merchant of Asphodel life gain synonymous Erebos, God of the Dead too good not to run Vona, Butcher of Magan so much better than visara K'rrik, Son of Yawgmoth best black card next to his dad Athreos, God of Passage incredibly good to keep wearing out your opponents. much better costed than reya Torment of Hailfire good game. Bolas's Citadel so beyond powerful when your life could be 300... Tainted Sigil very impressive when partnered with a big life drain spell (...if you havent already won) Bloodchief Ascension a game winner if not dealt with Test of Endurance win con Black Market gotta pump those x spells up!! Beacon of Immortality very cheeky with tainted remedy. dont use against me dawg.
2 months ago
:( I thought I put a long comment the other day, but it's only appearing on my screen as a single line! I can't remember everything I wrote, so the TL,DR version is 'I like the more ways you have to protect Avacyn, here are some cards you might want to think about removing because I can't see much synergy in the deck, here are some cards you might want to add, and here are some other things to think about whilst playing the deck" :D here's the abridged version:
THINK ABOUT REMOVING:
- Amulet of Vigor - you have almost nothing that enters tapped
- Song of the Worldsoul - you have very few ways of generating tokens
- Tower of Eons - by the time you have mana to activate this you'll almost be in a position to win!
- Meteorite - there are better mana rocks, try Sisay's Ring, Everflowing Chalice, Ur-Golem's Eye, Prismatic Lens or Marble Diamond. The little bit of damage is unlikely to do much, and it's a lot of extra mana to spend to do 2 damage.
- Leyline of Sanctity - this doesn't not have synergy with your deck, but you don't have much in the way of low-end creatures, so True Believer and Aegis of the Gods both fill that slot and both can trigger cards like Oketra's Monument and Mentor of the Meek, and give you blockers if you're very low on health. Extra synergy!
THINK ABOUT ADDING:
More instant-speed interaction, such as:
- Swords to Plowshares
- Path to Exile
- Fated Retribution - a little more expensive than normal wraths, but it means you can hold your mana up and wipe the board if someone is swinging at you for lethal
- Rout - as above - instant board-clear is useful
- Return to Dust - good at getting rid of annoying pieces of other players, also useful for getting rid of pesky enchantments on Avacyn like Darksteel Mutation, Imprisoned in the Moon, Frogify, etc
Other good cards to consider adding down the line (if you want to spend more to upgrade the deck further with other good white cards):
OTHER GAME-TABLE THOUGHTS:
It feels like what this deck wants to do is get Avayn out and then wipe the board, putting you far enough ahead to hopefully win. People don't like losing their lands, and if you wipe with cards like Armageddon then people will probably scoop instead of playing it out. Later on you might find that they focus you in future games because they don't want to risk losing all their lands. This can be avoided by taking out your land destruction spells - but keeping them in means that when you win it will be in more of an overwhelming victory! It also might change how you build your creatures - if you want to win by wiping out everyone else's lands, then you need to make sure you have enough small creatures to keep you alive until you can get Avacyn out on turn ~7. Your call! :)
Hope some of those thoughts are helpful. Have fun! <(^_^)>
3 months ago
Ha, looking back I really went overboard on my last comment
5 months ago
Thanks Ravenrose for your input. Fated Retribution is instant speed but it's a bit costy. Austere Command is an auto-include in all of my white decks with it's strong versatibility. Winds of Abandon on the other hand has proved me more than once how impactful it is to wipe my opponents creatures and let them totally vulnerable. Teferi's Protection is indeed a staple.
5 months ago
I had expected Godsend and Fated Retribution to be in this deck, since both are such good flavour cards. Wrath of God with the Heliod art is also something worth to consider for this deck. Teferi's Protection is also handy to have, just in case. I don't know if your meta has a lot of uses of the graveyard but Rest in Peace is good for that.
Hope I have been of some help.
5 months ago
- Sounds good. Being you like pillow fort decks I figured you would enjoy this deck Merica' Enchant
- As for board wipes I would recommend Fumigate End Hostilities . Descend upon the Sinful is also pretty fun and can be flavor full. If people start playing a lot of planeswalkers (i doubt due to budget) Fated Retribution is pretty funny.
- Being you are 4+ mana spells put in more than 20 lands, you really want to hit those land drops. 23-24 might be better.
- Oblivion Ring is also a really sweet card in terms of removal.
- In terms of winning Sigil of the Empty Throne is a way of winning. If that's enjoyable i highly recommend that card over guile. Darksteel Reactor is slow but i find it enjoyable. The best way to win might be Approach of the Second Sun .
- Those are my thoughts so far Ill try and make a deck real quick and ill post it in the comments.
1 year ago
Some board wipes in red to look at:
Outside of red:
1 year ago
As for enabling your frostwaker there is Fyndhorn Brownie , Magewright's Stone , Niblis of the Breath , Puppeteer , and Puppet Strings . some of those are bound to be inexpensive, and adding in a handful of boardwipes and enablers for that strategy would lend itself to doing that strategy more often.