|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Vintage Masters (VMA)||Rare|
|Promo Set (000)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Magister of Worth
Creature — Angel
Will of the Council When Magister of Worth enters the battlefield, starting with you, each player votes for grace or condemnation. If grace gets more votes, each player returns each creature card from his or her graveyard to the battlefield. If condemnation gets more votes or the vote is tied, destroy all creatures other than Magister of Worth.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (11)||warcry02 , Antiat , mziter501 , sonnet666 , Wolfebladeelite , rikertchu , Faceless_Being , CampbellStev , DudeMan1031 , sneferie , TheRealPeaches|
Magister of Worth Discussion
3 days ago
Good day to you, good Pyrowolf,
I think you have some solid ideas. A lot of these cards seem like stand alone cards enhanced by Anafenza, which is always solid, but here are a couple cards that might go well with her +1/+1 counter love: Anafenza, Kin-Tree Spirit, because bolster is still solid, and Anafenza won't be weirded out at all by seeing her own ghost. Armament Corps, possibly. Avatar of the Resolute because why not? Crowned Ceratok, because all big guys like trample. Cruel Sadist, repeatable removal. Enduring Scalelord is mainly there for looks, but can be useful if your opponents lack flying. Juniper Order Ranger. Map the Wastes, for that mana ramp/bolster combo (but not a combo combo). Retribution of the Ancients, repeatable removal. Servant of the Scale, for when you want to make sweet, passionate love to counters. And I'd think he works real well with something like Sandsteppe Mastodon. Warden of the First Tree, one of my all-time favorite cards. Like Figure of Destiny, but not as creepy (or as good).
You should maybe try to utilize Anafenza's graveyard hate as well. Black loves to throw things in graveyards, and she would bounce them into exile. Standard discard effects might be nice, but try: Magister of Worth, although it would likely be condemnation if you've been exiling everything. Duress, nothing fancy, but a classic in my opinion. When you can utilize every usable part of your commander without having too much going on, you know you're heading in the right direction.
And here are some additional solid Abzan-colored cards and lands, too: Abzan Banner, it's in the name. Condemn. Command Tower, useful in any EDH deck except mono-colored. Duneblast, in theory, but it is a 7-drop :\ Beast Within, pretty slick instant-speed removal in green. Evolving Wilds. Farseek, multi-colored ramp that is unaffected by color identity. Golgari Rot Farm, solid if you're not trying to go bankrupt on the mana base. Korozda Guildmage, or similar mana sinks for all of that excessive mana you should have with how long you're enduring. Orzhov Basilica. Rampant Growth, solid, but just be looking for mana ramp. Sandsteppe Citadel, probably a good idea. Selesnya Sanctuary.
Pardon, but I think you could find some more useful/powerful cards than AEther Snap, Burst of Energy, and Burst of Strength. AEther Snap is pretty good, I feel like it'd be too counter-productive here.
Remember to keep an eye on draw cards, even stuff like Read the Bones can give you that needed bit of card advantage.
Lastly, your deck may be asking for quite a bit of time and effort to build up into a glorious threat. It would sure be a shame to see all of it go to waste when some plays Hour of Revelation or something like that. Board wipes are inevitable in EDH, but maybe try to find some remedy to that for this deck. Glaring Spotlight could maybe help a little.
I hope these are helpful, good luck!
1 month ago
Abhorrent Overlord - generates chump blockers
Also, Master of Cruelties for the lulz
2 months ago
if i would like to play this deck i would like to play maybe certain cards - could u suggest what to remove from your list to add these cards to it - Bitterblossom- Magister of Worth- Magnetic Mountain- Demonic Tutor- Isochron Scepter
2 months ago
Thanks for the suggestions! I love Nighthowler, as he is essentially recursible aura which gives a downright ridiculous powerboost in a mid to lategame multiplayer match. I can easily see him being a finisher here. Definitely going in the deck.Ghoultree also seems very viable, as i imagine him being a 10/10 for G most of the game. Magister of Worth should already be in here somewhere, i think in the reanimation category. I can see the Ishkanah, Grafwidow + Spider Spawning combo working, but i feel like it's a little too situational? Do you think i'll be able to pull it off (more or less) consistently? Liliana's Elite could also be pretty strong, but compaired to Splinterfright it's really missing that trample. I'll think about it though. Don't know about Nemesis of Mortals. Four green mana is not easy to pull off consistently in a 3 colour deck, and again, it seems to be missing trample.Anyway thanks for the suggestions, do you have any ideas on what i should take out? :)
2 months ago
A few possibilities, mostly to add to your "Damage" category and perhaps cumulatively to make the deck more of a winner:
3 months ago
I love the idea, sounds like hysterical cancer. One suggestion I have would be Torment of Hailfire, it does the same thing as Torment of Scarabs, but quicker instead of over many turns, and hits all opponents, not just one.
A couple suggestions for the theme, that might not necessarily make the deck better, but would fit well would be Scourge of the Throne and Magister of Worth. Scourge will help with combat, and dealing some damage that way, and Magister is a great board wipe, or creature recursion.
3 months ago
If you want to explore the political side of Marchesa more, you might consider adding some voting cards. Most are not very good, but there are some playable ones.
The best is probably Council's Judgment. Coercive Portal can be played in a situation where one player other than you is obviously far ahead of the others. Magister of Worth works the same way. Bite of the Black Rose is interesting, but I like it simply because it doesn't affect you at all.
4 months ago
- Hymn of the Wilds (this card sucks in multiplayer. Every deck needs its instants and sorceries)
- Daretti, Ingenious Iconoclast gold cards should fit an archetype or just be good, and this doesnt fit either category
- Ghost Council of Orzhova pretty bad actually
- Figure of Destiny I think your initial impression was right. Lets scrap it
- Magister of Worth white has enough wrath effects
- Tidehollow Strix no comment
- Arlinn Kord Flip I think Xenagos is better based on how the archetypes are shaping up
- Surrak Dragonclaw I think Maelstrom Wanderer fits the archetypes in temur better (spells, gruul beats and whatever simic does)
- Brigid, Hero of Kinsbaile discourages attacks, even against other players, which is bad. If we had included Azorius hard control, stax or tax this card would be fine though
- Gustcloak Savior I dont think it does enough
- Herald of the Host Serra Angel isnt good enough for this format
- Kytheon, Hero of Akros Flip pikers arent good enough in this format, and he sucks as a planeswalker I think
- Crescendo of War too slow
- Dusk / Dawn I think that ultimately there wont be a deck that really benefits from this
- Just a general note about white: we have too many pump effects. Lets cut a couple.
- Broodbirth Viper fine if the cube is lower power level, but its quite high now
- Quickling do we have a deck for this card?
- Serendib Efreet this card doesnt match up well against multiple opponents
- Reverse Engineer too narrow
- Should we include a few more morphs so that stratus dancer is less obvious? Maybe Willbender, Thousand Winds and Kheru Spellsnatcher? At least all these cards kick ass in multiplayer.
- Bloodghast only good in one deck, and even then, it requires some setup. I feel Reassembling Skeleton is a better option for the cube.
- Sly Requisitioner too narrow
- Triskaidekaphobia cute but too shitty
- Dark Confidant I realized this card will probably just kill you.
- Phyrexian Metamorph feel kind of stupid for missing this
- Spellskite maybe this sucks, I dunno
- Curse of the Swine
- Kheru Spellsnatcher
- Thousand Winds
- Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet
- Waste Not
- Innocent Blood
- Bloodchief Ascension
- Gray Merchant of Asphodel
- Reassembling Skeleton
I think our next task will be deciding which are the best 50 or so cards in each color from our pool. that should lay the groundwork for deciding which narrow cards (i.e., archetype-specific) cards we should include. Curious to hear your thoughts on cuts/additions!