|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Magister of Worth
Creature — Angel
Will of the Council When Magister of Worth enters the battlefield, starting with you, each player votes for grace or condemnation. If grace gets more votes, each player returns each creature card from his or her graveyard to the battlefield. If condemnation gets more votes or the vote is tied, destroy all creatures other than Magister of Worth.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Magister of Worth Discussion
4 days ago
if i would like to play this deck i would like to play maybe certain cards - could u suggest what to remove from your list to add these cards to it - Bitterblossom- Magister of Worth- Magnetic Mountain- Demonic Tutor- Isochron Scepter
1 week ago
Thanks for the suggestions! I love Nighthowler, as he is essentially recursible aura which gives a downright ridiculous powerboost in a mid to lategame multiplayer match. I can easily see him being a finisher here. Definitely going in the deck.Ghoultree also seems very viable, as i imagine him being a 10/10 for G most of the game. Magister of Worth should already be in here somewhere, i think in the reanimation category. I can see the Ishkanah, Grafwidow + Spider Spawning combo working, but i feel like it's a little too situational? Do you think i'll be able to pull it off (more or less) consistently? Liliana's Elite could also be pretty strong, but compaired to Splinterfright it's really missing that trample. I'll think about it though. Don't know about Nemesis of Mortals. Four green mana is not easy to pull off consistently in a 3 colour deck, and again, it seems to be missing trample.Anyway thanks for the suggestions, do you have any ideas on what i should take out? :)
1 week ago
A few possibilities, mostly to add to your "Damage" category and perhaps cumulatively to make the deck more of a winner:
1 month ago
I love the idea, sounds like hysterical cancer. One suggestion I have would be Torment of Hailfire, it does the same thing as Torment of Scarabs, but quicker instead of over many turns, and hits all opponents, not just one.
A couple suggestions for the theme, that might not necessarily make the deck better, but would fit well would be Scourge of the Throne and Magister of Worth. Scourge will help with combat, and dealing some damage that way, and Magister is a great board wipe, or creature recursion.
1 month ago
If you want to explore the political side of Marchesa more, you might consider adding some voting cards. Most are not very good, but there are some playable ones.
The best is probably Council's Judgment. Coercive Portal can be played in a situation where one player other than you is obviously far ahead of the others. Magister of Worth works the same way. Bite of the Black Rose is interesting, but I like it simply because it doesn't affect you at all.
3 months ago
- Hymn of the Wilds (this card sucks in multiplayer. Every deck needs its instants and sorceries)
- Daretti, Ingenious Iconoclast gold cards should fit an archetype or just be good, and this doesnt fit either category
- Ghost Council of Orzhova pretty bad actually
- Figure of Destiny I think your initial impression was right. Lets scrap it
- Magister of Worth white has enough wrath effects
- Tidehollow Strix no comment
- Arlinn Kord Flip I think Xenagos is better based on how the archetypes are shaping up
- Surrak Dragonclaw I think Maelstrom Wanderer fits the archetypes in temur better (spells, gruul beats and whatever simic does)
- Brigid, Hero of Kinsbaile discourages attacks, even against other players, which is bad. If we had included Azorius hard control, stax or tax this card would be fine though
- Gustcloak Savior I dont think it does enough
- Herald of the Host Serra Angel isnt good enough for this format
- Kytheon, Hero of Akros Flip pikers arent good enough in this format, and he sucks as a planeswalker I think
- Crescendo of War too slow
- Dusk / Dawn I think that ultimately there wont be a deck that really benefits from this
- Just a general note about white: we have too many pump effects. Lets cut a couple.
- Broodbirth Viper fine if the cube is lower power level, but its quite high now
- Quickling do we have a deck for this card?
- Serendib Efreet this card doesnt match up well against multiple opponents
- Reverse Engineer too narrow
- Should we include a few more morphs so that stratus dancer is less obvious? Maybe Willbender, Thousand Winds and Kheru Spellsnatcher? At least all these cards kick ass in multiplayer.
- Bloodghast only good in one deck, and even then, it requires some setup. I feel Reassembling Skeleton is a better option for the cube.
- Sly Requisitioner too narrow
- Triskaidekaphobia cute but too shitty
- Dark Confidant I realized this card will probably just kill you.
- Phyrexian Metamorph feel kind of stupid for missing this
- Spellskite maybe this sucks, I dunno
- Curse of the Swine
- Kheru Spellsnatcher
- Thousand Winds
- Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet
- Waste Not
- Innocent Blood
- Bloodchief Ascension
- Gray Merchant of Asphodel
- Reassembling Skeleton
I think our next task will be deciding which are the best 50 or so cards in each color from our pool. that should lay the groundwork for deciding which narrow cards (i.e., archetype-specific) cards we should include. Curious to hear your thoughts on cuts/additions!
3 months ago
3 months ago
You're well on your way here. Nice list. You're definitely missing some key pieces if you're aiming for as strong as possible.
You have Saffi Eriksdotter and Blood Artist/Zulaport Cutthroat, and yet you're not playing Loyal Retainers. Saffi + retainers goes infinite for infinite deaths. Not playing Elesh Norn? Use Survival of the Fittest to pitch for Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite, then pitch elesh norn for Loyal Retainers. Play retainers to reanimate the elesh norn in the yard.
When you add all those cards, I suggest the following cuts: Grisly Salvage, Satyr Wayfinder, Evolutionary Leap, Ashnod's Altar, Burnished Hart, Merciless Executioner, Unburial Rites and Dread Return. Generally speaking, by aiming to fill up your graveyard with cards, and then subsequently reanimating them, you're playing an inconsistent tutor engine. You also don't need to play big reanimate spells. Your commander reanimates plenty enough. The Necromancy could honestly just be Animate Dead to save a mana. The Ashnod's Altar gives you mana that isn't very useful unfortunately. Perhaps Phyrexian Altar instead, or maybe another creature sac outlet like Carrion Feeder. If you improve your deck by relying less on reanimation and more on tutoring straight for your combo pieces, then cards like the Ashen Rider, Acidic Slime, Archon of Justice, Magister of Worth etc start making less and less sense, and they could instead be contributing to a hatebear shell that allows your primary combo win-conditions to emerge through this removal heavy format. Cards like Thalia, Guardian of Thraben, Gaddock Teeg, Aven Mindcensor, Hushwing Gryff, Peacekeeper, Sylvan Safekeeper etc will help you keep your boardstate investments safe, lower your curve, and allow you to play a somewhat staxy shell, with a delicious combo inside.
Imagine this. You use a sac outlet sac your Protean Hulk. Your opponent is ready to try and interact with you with their Swords to Plowshares. But you get Karmic Guide and Sylvan Safekeeper. Suddenly, it doesn't look too good to try and target your stuff. Your Karmic Guide gets back Protean Hulk, and you sac it immediately. You're still protecting your Karmic Guide with the Sylvan Safekeeper. All of sudden, you have Saffi Eriksdotter and Dosan the Falling Leaf in play and your opponent's window to interact with you no longer exists, making your combo that much more competitive.
Best of luck with your build.