|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Planechase Anthology (PCA)||None|
|Magic 2013 (M13)||Common|
|Planechase 2012 Edition (PC2)||Common|
|2012 Core Set (M12)||Common|
|Promo Set (000)||Common|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Spirit
Tormented Soul can't block and is unblockable.
Tormented Soul Discussion
2 weeks ago
- Ok so for starters your SB (sideboard) is for games after the 1st game, you want cards that help you solve problems in the match up you are against. For example Crypt Incursion is good against decks that want creatures in their graveyard.
- Shelldock Isle is an amazing card
- Fatal Push push is great when you have cards like Arid Mesa . Its one mana kill a dude. In more causel games it doesn't solve with big dudes. Murder is a card I use a lot in casual play just due to the fact it kills anything. Doom Blade is also good, as well as Hero's Downfall . - Visions of Beyond is a 4 of in every competitive mill deck. However, those decks are a lot faster. 1 mana draw a card is like a worse version of blue. If you have issues getting that card's up side cut it for opt.
- Ashiok, Dream Render helps you mill faster so i might consider putting 2 in the main deck.
- Unmoored Ego its a nice card, My only probelm with it is you want them to just deck themselves. Thats 3 mana 4 cards at best. Its not very effective. Mind Funeral mills more, plus its 4 less lands so they wont be able to get land drops as easily which makes casting spells harder.
- Wall of Lost Thoughts helps keep you alive which is always nice.
- Manic Scribe is a great card as well.
- Being its casuel this card is soooooo tilting Consuming Aberration Its so much fun I might even consider running 3. You are a 22-24 land deck which means you should be able to cast it often enough, and when you do it can be game winning.
- Sphinx's Tutelage can also help your deck.
- Traumatize is funny as well. There is a fish that does the same thing i cant rememebr its name.
- Increasing Confusion Reoccurring Nightmare are also fun.
- Another way to approach this deck is cards like Trepanation Blade + Tormented Soul and Paranoid Delusions and Whispering Madness . It can be a fun deck to play with.
6 months ago
This looks a bit like my first draft. Here are few comments.
I would run more 0-1 drops because you really want to be dropping Infiltrator or Deep Hours on turn 2. You want to get the card advantage going early otherwise you risk falling behind as the game progresses. After all, Ninja have smaller bodies, no natural evasion and are costly if not supported by cheap enablers. You can consider Tormented Soul or maxing out thopter.
I REALLY like your idea of pushing Naga and Tetsuko. I would probably run the full set of Mist-Syndicate Naga and replace Cunning Evasion with a full set of either Distortion Strike or Shadow Rift so you can keep connecting with Naga and making clones. Cover of Darkness would be even better if this is just for casual kitchen table magic.
The Naga/Tetsuko synergy would be my prinary focus in this build and I might be dropping Fallen and Moonblade for Skullsnatcher and an extra Mistblade Shinobi since they are both cheap and ca potentially wreck opposing strategies by exiling cards from the yard and clearing the way your clone army. Both also benefit greatly from Tetsuko.
Overall it is very inspiring!
6 months ago
Hey, really well made Commander deck, but it's only 94 cards :)
Thalakos Seer is quite good with Ninjutsu, getting value with Yuriko. Ninja of the Deep Hours , Higure, the Still Wind and Ink-Eyes, Servant of Oni are good Ninjas, worth playing with Yuriko. Higure is great with Arcane Adaptation because then it can tutor for any creature in your library since all creatures are considered Ninjas.
All the low mana cost unblockable creatures and flying creatures are good to get a fast Yuriko onto the battlefield. Unblockable: Slither Blade , Triton Shorestalker , Mist-Cloaked Herald , Gudul Lurker , Dimir Infiltrator , Tormented Soul . Flying: Mausoleum Wanderer , Pteramander , Jace's Phantasm . Thada Adel, Acquisitor has a good ability for multiplayer Commander since most opponents decks have artifacts. Fabricate or Trinket Mage are worth playing just to tutor for Top. Good luck with your deck.
9 months ago
out 2 Tormented Hero for 2 Bloodsoaked Champion out Daggerdrome Imp and Vampire Nighthawk for 2 Gifted Aetherborn cut Tormented Soul for 2 Vampire Lacerator or 1 Vampire Lacerator and 1 Vicious Conquistador
9 months ago
Guardian of the Guildpact is both very hard to block and very hard to kill. Another wincon might be using an unblockable creature like Tormented Soul or Dauthi Marauder together with Phyresis , just to make sure you kill your opponent even if they can get life every turn too.
The main issue is that all of these can be countered, but there's not much that can be done about that.
9 months ago
Dawn of Hope seems a very nice card for this deck, considering all the life gain. Also, I think Legion's Landing Flip is better than Call to the Feast or Queen's Commission . Hour of Reckoning is probably better for you than Wrath of God , since you can easily convoke it and you will be left with a lot of tokens.
Regarding lands, I don't think balance is the problem as much as the number. Your mana curve isn't low enough for just 20 lands, and you even run three colors! Maybe one Swamp, one Mountain, and one Fetch Land like Terramorphic Expanse ?
10 months ago
cool looking deck. Here are a few suggestions. You can save a lot of space if you include just a single copy of one of the eldrazi titans (like Emrakul, the Aeons Torn or Kozilek, the Great Distortion ) that will shuffle your graveyard into your library for you. I would get rid of the Reliquary Tower s and Spell Book so that you can discard your graveyard shuffler to hand size.
Another thing you might consider is using Invisible Stalker as your creature of choice instead of Tormented Soul . The hexproof is very important for making sure that your 4 mana investment of Whispering Madness wont just go to waste after a simple Fatal Push . I also would cut the Aqueous Form since you've already got the "unblockable" text on your main creature.
rather than spells that only cantrip (draw you a card and nothing else) you should consider things that give you a little more options: Serum Visions , Opt , Sleight of Hand . These do the same thing, but allow you to choose your outcome a little bit (though Sleight of Hand wont trigger anything that looks for "draw a card".
Also, what happens if you don't draw the Whispering Madness ? you might consider more medium sized draw cards like Chart a Course that can get you to the good cards faster. Also you would want another win condition, like a Jace's Phantasm that can kill them with normal damage.
Lastly, a very good "draw a card" mill card you would want is Sphinx's Tutelage . This will ensure that they mill before you.
I do a lot of brewing. If you like brewing modern decks, I've got a podcast all about brewing decks. You can check it out on iTunes or at mtgcoldbrew.buzzsprout.com
10 months ago
Vampiric Tutor is the #1 card you could put in to improve the deck. Diabolic Vision is an excellent cantrip. Temporal Trespass is the best extra turn spell you could ask for, since the CMC is an upside. Same goes for Curtains' Call and Avatar of Woe . Insidious Dreams and Ancestral Knowledge are extra Doomsdays. Unnatural Selection is an extra creature-type changer. Emrakul, the Promised End is a good eldrazi of choice, since you'll actually be able to cast it if you tutor it to the top of your library. Trench Gorger is a good late game card, since it does triple duty acting as a huge beater, high-CMC target, and deck-thinner. For little guys, Tormented Soul , Triton Shorestalker , Faerie Impostor , Prickly Boggart , Vampire Cutthroat , Looter il-Kor , Nether Traitor , Flitterstep Eidolon , Thalakos Seer , Baleful Strix , Augury Owl , Spire Owl , and Sage Owl are better than some of your choices,
Tormented Soul occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%