Creature — Vampire
Whenever another creature you control dies, Vindictive Vampire deals 1 damage to each opponent and you gain 1 life.
Printings View all
|Ravnica Allegiance (RNA)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Vindictive Vampire Discussion
1 week ago
1 month ago
I'm still editing the deck, but Queen_Lulu, the combos work like this.
Dark-Dweller Oracle, Conspicuous Snoop, Torch Courier (Have to put into the deck), Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker, Sling-Gang Lieutenant/Mogg Fanatic. (If it's Doomsday you can put the top two cards on the bottom and activate Grenzo, Dungeon Warden and you would get a similar result.)
Find a way to draw a card, then play Dark-Dweller Oracle. Activate it once (for now), and play Conspicuous Snoop. Using the Conspicuous Snoop, play Torch Courier, and sacrifice it targeting Conspicuous Snoop. Now Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker is on the top of your library. Conspicuous Snoop has Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker's ability, and has haste thanks to the Torch Courier. Activate the Conspicuous Snoop/Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker to make a copy of itself. (It's a non-legendary permanent.) The copy will be untapped, and you can make infinite tokens. Finally, use Dark-Dweller Oracle one last time to get rid of Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker. With Sling-Gang Lieutenant/Mogg Fanatic on the top of the library, you can use any Conspicuous Snoop to gun down your opponents.
Combo 3) Play the Snoop and Boggart Harbinger. The Harbinger will put Kiki on top, combo off, then use the last untapped Snoop to copy the Harbinger and put the Lieutenant/Fanatic on the top to win.
A good thing about the last combo it that there is a failsafe in case you somehow get Kiki onto the battlefield. If you have Tel-Jilad Stylus, plus the Snoop and the Harbinger, use Kiki to copy the Harbinger, but with that ability on the stack, use the Stylus to put Kiki on the bottom of your library, and then the Harbinger will tutor Kiki to the top.
1 month ago
Hey, nice budget version of Teysa with Deathmantle and Altar.
Cards to consider adding:
- Scheming Symmetry: great causal tutor, you get something and an opponent of your choice does too.
- Open the Armory: tutor for Skullclamp or Nim Deathmantle, two important cards to have more access too.
- Phyrexian Reclamation: Mystery Booster Set version, repeatable creature recursion.
- Viscera Seer: Core Set 2011 version, one drop sac outlet and scying is helpful.
- Doomed Traveler: one drop who creates a flying token.
- Mirror Entity: Mystery Booster Set version, pump Teysa and tokens. With a lot of tokens and mana this can be a win condition especially with flying tokens.
- Skirsdag High Priest: creates 5/5 Demon tokens and morbid can be triggered on any players turn if any creature died that turn. It's good in multiplayer and with tokens with vigilance.
- Fetid Heath: Double Masters version.
- Silent Clearing
- Shambling Vent
Any game when you have Skullclamp on the battlefield is going to be a better game than if you don't. Adding a few budget tutors that can get Clamp or one of your combo artifacts can be helpful.
Cards to consider cutting:
- 1x Plains
- 1x Swamp
- Temple of the False God: it can't make mana until turn five or after.
- Forsaken Sanctuary
- Orzhov Guildgate
- Final Payment
- Burnished Hart: too slow for ramp and doesn't trigger Teysa when it sacs itself.
- Butcher of Malakir: you have Pact and Dictate, don't also need this seven drop.
- Doomed Dissenter: Traveler is an upgrade because he creates a 1/1 flying token when he dies.
- Vindictive Vampire: the other aristocrats are better.
Good luck with your deck.
1 month ago
So the biggest thing I see if lack of things to sacrifice... Namely: tokens, because you don't want to be tossing your real creatures into Ye old Graveyard. So let's try to find some token making things for you....
- There isn't much for Anax, Hardened in the Forge to be pumped up by in red devotion, so let's trade him out for one of the classic Goblin makers.. Let's pick Krenko, Mob Boss and Thornbite Staff... this should allow for an infinite amount of goblins..... I'll explain below.
- Remove Diregraf Captain, Fallen Shinobi, and Bloodsoaked Champion- they don't seem to added much.
- Add in Syr Konrad, the Grim, Zulaport Cutthroat, and Vindictive Vampire to have more stuff happen when things die.
- Trade out Dreadhorde Invasion for Bastion of Remembrance for one last death trigger addition before we go back to tokens...
- I'd say.. remove Ogre Slumlord, Scampering Scorcher, and Infernal Offering.
- Let's add Rite of Replication to make copies of anything useful on the board, and.. oh hell, let's add Krenko, Tin Street Kingpin... is that 100 cards again.. I think so
This should create more tokens for sacrificing and also add some more benefits when things do die, and they will die. I would also recommend Altar of Dementia as an additional sac outlet... Izzet Signet can be dropped for this addition.
For infinite Goblins.. Get ANY sacrifice outlet on the board, I don't care which one, just do it, and get Krenko, Mob Boss out also and ready to be tapped. Equip Thornbite Staff to Krenko... Tap him to make some goblins (maybe just one or two, that's okay). Now you can sacrifice that Goblin Token, which dies and triggers the second ability of Thornbite Staff (Whenever a creatures dies, Untap equipped creature).. now you can Tap Krenko again making more goblins... and hey.. sacrifice a token again to create more goblins... triggering the Staff AGAIN! As long as there is some other death triggers on the board, you should be able to drain the table and/or pump Thraximundar to an unreasonable size and kill someone.
Thank you for coming to my TedTalk.
2 months ago
You know have Vindictive Vampire, and Bastion of Remembrance as extra aristocrat piece. Have you considered Mikaeus, the Unhallowed? He combos off with Walking Ballista, Woodfall Primus, Triskelion, and Murderous Redcap. Also has excellent synergy with Kokusho, the Evening Star, which is also just a general "good-stuff" card that can keep you in the game. Other just great synergy cards I recommend are Growing Rites of Itlimoc Flip, and Phyrexian Tower. Vivien, Monsters' Advocate can outright win games if you are able to keep her for a turn with Prossh into Purphoros.
Check out my list at My Dragon Ate My Homework, and Everything Else.
3 months ago
So when you run black you run multiple tutors otherwise you are playing the color wrong, you have vampiric tutor which im proud of you that you have it in the deck but please consider one to two more tutors Demonic Tutor, Diabolic Intent, Grim Tutor or worse case scenario at least Diabolic Tutor...
You don't need Exsanguinate or Debt to the Deathless to go infinite as stated above by you and players can respond to the stack if you are playing against good magic players. You could just sac a creature and get a blood artist trigger to go off with sanguine bond/exquisite blood combo then if they respond to the trigger you can just do it again and win; easier and better in EVERY way... those two spells are horrible filler. Bishop of Binding, Pitiless Pontiff, Sorin Markov, Syphon Mind, Go for the Throat, Mortify are cards that I feel like they fall in the same category as being filler.
Other interesting cards you might want to consider. Liliana, Dreadhorde General, Aetherflux Reservoir, Return to Dust, Drana, Liberator of Malakir, Bloodcrazed Paladin, Captivating Vampire, Kindred Dominance, Living Death, Phyrexian Reclamation, Generous Gift, and Grand Abolisher.
That's all I got for you on the top of my head, gl on your deck!
3 months ago
Its hard to recommend many cards since you didn't purchase any new ones and you said you want the theme to be vampire tribal. That said, I would consider cutting the following cards: Bloodcrazed Paladin Champion of Dusk Disciple of Griselbrand Paladin of Atonement Priest of Forgotten Gods Wurmcoil Engine Zulaport Cutthroat Harsh Sustenance Consecrate / Consume Single Combat Culling Dais Seer's Sundial Whispersilk Cloak Bastion of Remembrance
Cards to look at adding: Mind Stone/Fellwar stone/Worn Powerstone/any mana rocks Mavren Fein, Dusk Apostle Etchings of the Chosen Call to the Feast Bloodthirsty Aerialist Viscera Seer Vindictive Vampire Bishop of Binding Arvad the Cursed Despark Heliod's Intervention Altar's Reap Mace of the Valiant Well of Lost Dreams
3 months ago
Version 2.2. Ikoria booster draft best picks. -Jinxed Idol, +Sleeper Dart // -Status / Statue, + Boneyard Lurker // -Silverflame Squire, +Fight as One // -Counsel of the Soratami, +Of One Mind // -Wind Strider, +Archipelagore // -Lost Legion, +Grimdancer // -Vindictive Vampire, +Dirge Bat // -Samut's Sprint, +Heightened Reflexes // -Ferocity of the Wilds, +Spelleater Wolverine // -Charmbreaker Devils, +Everquill Phoenix // -Tishana's Wayfinder, +Ram Through // -Colossal Dreadmaw, +Kogla, the Titan Ape //-Mercurial Geists, +Sprite Dragon.