|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Core Set 2020 (M20)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
Ajani, Strength of the Pride
Legendary Planeswalker — Ajani
+1: You gain life equal to the number of creatures you control plus the number of planeswalkers you control.
-2: Create a 2/2 white Cat Soldier creature token named Ajani's Pridemate with "Whenever you gain life, put a +1/+1 counter on Ajani's Pridemate."
0: If you have at least 15 life more than your starting lie total, exile Ajani, Strength of the Pride and each artifact and creature your opponents control.
Ajani, Strength of the Pride Discussion
4 days ago
One of the most important part of deck building is making your deck consistent.
Just pick a few good creatures/spells/planeswalkers and grind for those.
2 weeks ago
Hey, since you upvoted my
Commander / EDH*
SCORE: 1 | 1 COMMENT | 47 VIEWS | IN 2 FOLDERS
deck, I wanted to let you know that I've been making revisions.
First and foremost, I removed Hazezon Tamar because he is too much money for a single card, his ability doesn't trigger right away, you can't ramp into him appropriately (Using stones means less tokens), and the tokens leave when he does.
I also removed the "Wincons" section, because I figure I am going to be generating a ton of hate from the other three players; If my creatures are constantly dying and my board is being wiped, creature-based win conditions mean nothing. So, instead I replaced them with boardstate protection to stop my guys from being blown off the face of the mat.
Lastly, I added in four sweepers myself, in the event I just need to reset the game and rebuild. Each of the sweepers will actually generate me value, such as Hour of Reckoning as it protects my creature tokens from being blown up.
I may consider dropping a few Superfriends, perhaps down to 4. I have the following ones for the following reasons:
- Ajani, Strength of the Pride : Tons of life and exiles the entire boardstate of everyone but me
- Domri, Chaos Bringer : Mana, mana, mana. Plus filtration if needed. The emblem is cool if he lives long enough to get it, too.
- Elspeth Tirel : Tokens, life and hate.
- Freyalise, Llanowar's Fury : Mana, light control, draw engine. I am mostly interested in her ability to generate free dorks.
- Huatli, Warrior Poet : Life. That's all she is in here for. The others are useful if need be, but I want her life ability.
- Xenagos, the Reveler : Mana out the ass and freecasting.
As you can see, there is a theme here: Mana & Life. Keeps the engines going.
If I drop any, it will be Freyalise and Huatli as they feel the weakest, being only viable for one option.
Ajani and Elspeth both generate mass amounts of life and have sweepers built in that give me advantage. They can also generate tokens, if need be.
Domri and Xenagos both offer me mana, give me tokens, and allow me to either filter the top four or merely play the top seven.
Frey and Hualti just give me a dork and some life. Frey can get me some serious draw if she sticks around, but Hualti is basically a one-trick pony.
3 weeks ago
what about Ajani, Strength of the Pride ? all the modes seem pretty good in this deck. looks nice though.
3 weeks ago
Some new updates of the deck:
- Jedit Ojanen of Efrava : too slow, often too small in the late game to be effective
- Abundance : It was either this card, Ajani, Strength of the Pride or Stalking Tiger , and both of the latter had only just been added. Abundance is a nice combo with Sylvan Library , but it's too difficult to assemble without more enchantment searching effect.
- Kemba, Kha Regent : With only 6 pieces of equipment, this isn't the best option anymore. In the original commander deck where 14 were available, there is a stronger case, but I've felt this as being an increasingly underwhelming draw.
- Saltcrusted Steppe : Very underwhelming as a storage land in this build, it feels like an easy cut.
The new hotness:
- Felidar Guardian : This has some synergies with the ETBs of other cats such as Regal Caracal and Qasali Slingers , but otherwise it's just another cat body.
- Sword of Feast and Famine : A Bear Umbra effect that can at least benefit from Hammer of Nazahn .
- Enlightened Tutor : An easy way to fetch out a Sol Ring early game or Mirari's Wake late game to ramp you into Arahbo, Roar of the World and pay for attacking triggers or to pay for a big Finale of Devastation .
- Gavony Township : Had been on the radar a long time, but only had access to one once another deck was deconstructed.
3 weeks ago
I’d suggest using a Reliquary Tower and not Spellbook , which will also free up a card spot. Entreat the Dead is a decent graveyard-to-battlefield resurrection, and with the lifegain theme in your deck you could probably make use of Bolas's Citadel or the new Ajani, Ajani, Strength of the Pride .
Since you have a lot of black devotion on permanents, Gray Merchant of Asphodel is a pretty good card.
Crypt Ghast is a black mana doubler with Extort.
Maybe you’ve already considered these, but hopefully the suggestions will help
1 month ago
Either works really. I've found Knight-Errant to be a little faster with a table of aggressive decks, but Sun's Champion has more raw power.
Realistically, any White planeswalker that can create a token the turn they enter is a viable candidate for an Oathbreaker of this deck:
You want an Oathbreaker that will give you shuffle fodder for Oblation immediately.
1 month ago
I can see exactly where you are trying to go with this deck, but the combos just seem a bit slow in the current meta.
Yes, Trostani Discordant and Emmara, Soul of the Accord can produce 1/1 token soldiers which you can tap to cast Venerated Loxodon who then pumps them. The problem is that it takes time to cast your token generating creatures and then need an elephant in-hand to do anything. There are just so many board-wipes for 2/2 creatures around that you need to double pump all your tokens to have any hope that they will survive for any length of time.
Saproling Migration could easily be replaced by Jiang Yanggu, Wildcrafter and Ajani, Strength of the Pride without your deck suffering too much. March of the Multitudes just doesn't work for me in this deck - you only get serious value for the card late in the game, when the game result has already been decided.
If you add in a bit of lifegain, the deck could head off in a new direction and be more competitive. See what you think of Ajani M
No data for this card yet.