Not legal in any format
Combos Browse all
(Black)(Black): Target creature gains shadow until end of turn. (It can block or be blocked by only creatures with shadow.)
Price & Acquistion
Dauthi Embrace Discussion
1 week ago
You've got this deck marked as Help. What sort of help are you looking for?
1 week ago
2 weeks ago
babushkasara I checked out your deck and I am happy to say I am adding Mirage Mirror in over Goblin Charbelcher. That is the definition of over-powered in horobi. Don't know how I missed that before now.
Now for cards like Tooth of Chiss-Goria and Scale of Chiss-Goria I am not a big fan. They fall into the category of only being good if horobi is on the field. That's why I was originally using cards like Goblin Charbelcher and Dauthi Embrace. Both still have effects that can use if I'm starting to fall behind. But to be fair our decks have totally different styles.
What other cards on my list were puzzling you? I'd be happy to tell you why they're here.
3 weeks ago
these guys look really fun to brew with
you can also get a turn one virtus off of a Dark Ritual
hope this was a help, happy brewing!
1 month ago
I recently dabbled with a few ninjas when playing my Tetsuko Umezawa, Fugitive, and I couldn't believe I won two out of three multiplayer matches. But since you're also in black, you wouldn't have any problems getting through to your opponents with Dauthi Embrace.
Commander / EDH
SCORE: 2 | 2 COMMENTS | 55 VIEWS | IN 1 FOLDER
1 month ago
Here are some cards I would suggest considering:
Also, the threat of recurring really powerful sacrifice artifacts isn't present here. You need to use this to completely lock down the game if possible. I don't see any big target that you would want to recur so bad that you're willing to set up your commander for it. Try some things like Nevinyrral's Disk, or things like Myr Battlesphere, Wurmcoil Engine that give you value with a sac outlet or if they get removed. I think if you look you can find more potent targets.
Also, Helm of the Host can copy your commander permanently (or copy a copy) and avoids legendary rule. This will allow you to use the effect more than once per turn. Watch out that you have to pay full cost for the artifact though.
You should add at least 3 more lands.
These are deadbeat cards that I think you should remove from your list (and you know I love you so don't take this personally): - Ensoul Artifact, 5/5 isn't a good enough incentive for the threat of removal and a 2-for-1 against you.
Beacon of Unrest, you don't have enough self-mill to support this card, nor do you have enough expensive creatures/artifacts to make the 5 cost a value.
Counterspell, almost useless in Commander. Straight counters just cause you to make hasty bad decisions without upside. The other counters you have on the list are much better.
Vraska's Contempt, too expensive for commander.
Walk the plank, it's a sorcery, and you have plenty of disruption on the list.
Windfall, I can see that you're trying to maybe stack your graveyard here? I still don't think this card is worth it.
Primal Amulet, has a powerful back side but you don't actually have very many of these spells on the list, and I think you should remove about half of the ones you have. Might end up just sitting there.
Animation Module, Decoction Module, Fabrication Module... you know this is jank. If you had any way that was on-theme to use energy, it might be worth it. Maybe. You really need all 3 bonuses to make it worth it. Also, if you are planning on putting this together with tutors, in our play group you will be eaten by dragons before you get all 3.
1 month ago
So here are some suggestions, feel free to accept/ignore them as much as you want :).
1) I think the biggest issue your deck faces is that you are running a lot of cards that aren't terribly impactful in a 40 life, multiplayer format. For example, most of your card draw is either a one-off effect or tied to another spell that doesn't do a whole lot (i.e. Peppersmoke or Brainbite). I'd suggest adding card draw effects which either accumulate you more cards (i.e. Fact or Fiction, Stroke of Genius, etc.) or even better, are repeatable effects (i.e. Greed, Mystic Remora, Bident of Thassa, etc). Repeatable effects are key in EDH.
2) You are using a lot of spaces in your deck for effects that give your creatures evasion. I don't think you really need that much because most of your creatures already have evasive abilities. If you do want to devote some space however, there are much stronger options that you could consider like Whispersilk Cloak, Mask of Riddles, Sword of Feast and Famine and its siblings, Dauthi Embrace, Thassa, God of the Sea, Cloak and Dagger, etc.
3) Here is an obligatory promotion for Cyclonic Rift and Rite of Replication in any blue deck. Also, you probably want to run a couple more board wipes. Decree of Pain, Toxic Deluge, and Black Sun's Zenith are great. You also might want some more ramp. Talisman of Dominance, Sol Ring, Mind Stone, Hedron Archive, and Thaumatic Compass Flip are all really great options.
4) Alongside repeatable effects, flexible cards are extremely powerful in EDH. You are going tribal here, so a card like Vanquisher's Banner would be amazing. It boosts your tribe and provides card draw. Herald's Horn is another option.
5) I think you could be running a stronger removal package as well. Instead of running tap effects, why not just run straight kill spells like Hero's Downfall, Silence the Believers, Vraska's Contempt, Attrition, etc.?
Lastly, I'll leave you with my deck Pocket Sand. Feel free to take ideas from it. It isn't a rogue/faerie tribal deck and it plays a more political game than yours, but it is similar to your deck in that it likes to use small, evasive creatures to out value opponents to eventually win the game.
Good luck deck building! +1
P.S. Some of the cards that I suggested aren't very budget friendly, but there are tons of cheaper replacements that do almost the same thing.
2 months ago
Dauthi Embrace is another way to give those creatures (pseudo-)unblockable.