|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander Anthology Vol. II (CM2)||Mythic Rare|
|Commander 2015 (C15)||Mythic Rare|
|Return to Ravnica (RTR)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
Angel of Serenity
Creature — Angel
When Angel of Serenity enters the battlefield, you may exile up to three other target creatures from the battlefield and/or creature cards from graveyards.
When Angel of Serenity leaves the battlefield, return the exiled cards to their owners' hands.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (39)||Vasbear1 , WunderlichDrums , Gabeph , Archegos , Spinalripper , rikertchu , Skydra2 , Fairseas , MattN7498 , mziter501 , bpiser95 , itheoryz , FALLEN-X-ANGEL , Swamy , Thunderbeard , Pumpkinking913 , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , Venser_the_Sojoner , , ibraJG84 , Pelli , jstn.mrrtt , Shiromakuro , Metaphisyk , Big-Foot , coyler2016 , bakeraj4 , Forkbeard , redlegs_17 , EliGjerdingen , Lindough , prass1 , plof , Auriel , cryptoplasm , machiavelli2081 , MagnaAura , Cazaz0816 , beatdown36|
|Want (32)||sleepy104 , VampSlayer , hisakid , TiredTofu , ryuzaki32667 , CptnFab , ostiarius , LiKWiDCAKE , No1HanSolo , jamesesdad , TGAAM , bigblue32123 , birdie23 , king0fclubs , jamosemtg , RynBiffy , hotdoglord123 , SleepySushi , Blue_Otaku_No.1 , AUserThatDoesNoTExist , relyks16 , SlickWizard , brokendwarf , epic-jargon , 1337_Nerd , bonkpoppin , beccanator , ASCLEPIUS , DarthMeatloaf , jarjar102 , Jose_Arrogantio , ricardokloss|
Angel of Serenity Discussion
5 days ago
Im going to make these suggestions under the assumption that price is not an issue.
- Topdeck Manipulation
- Scroll Rack: is the card for this deck. Hand and topdeck manipulation with no equal.
- Sensei's Divining Top: Another fantastic artifact for controlling your draws.
- Soothsaying: Topdeck fixer. Cheap enchantment and a good mana sink. Basically a not as good, but cheaper alternative to Scroll Rack.
- Scroll Rack: is the card for this deck. Hand and topdeck manipulation with no equal.
- Abusing ETB options
- Panharmonicon: Why have one when you can get two? (Double ETB triggers).
- Riverwise Augur: Brainstorm ETB effect.
- Flickerwisp: 3/1 Flier, lets you get another ETB effect from a creature you already played.
- Glimmerpoint Stag: Strictly worse Flickerwisp.
- Conjurer's Closet: Single flicker effect on end step, it is slow and not a top recommendation
- Karmic Guide: Abuse-able graveyard recursion
- Angel of Serenity: Removes 3 cards each ETB and returns to hand instead of battlefield when it leaves.
- Magister Sphinx: Puts target opponent at 10
- Massacre Wurm: Great way to wipe tokens
- Sunblast Angel: Boardwipe ETB
- Pilgrim's Eye: Never miss a land drop ETB
- Mnemonic Wall: Return instants and sorceries from graveyard ETB, also a good wall
- Noxious Gearhulk: Destroys creatures and gains life on ETB
- Cataclysmic Gearhulk: Great way to clear a cluttered board.
- Big Game Hunter/Shriekmaw/Bone Shredder
- Ashen Rider/Angel of Despair
- "Better" spells (ie, better cards that do what cards you have do)
- Teferi's Protection: This card is busted by itself, coupled with your commander's ult and its just unfair.
- Counterbalance: If you have enough topdeck manipulation this can be a powerful card, but i can understand not wanting to run it.
- Homeward Path: Lets you (everyone) get back their creatures but not other non-land permanents
- Saving Grasp
- Supplant Form
- Mystical Tutor/Enlightened Tutor/Vampiric Tutor: One mana tutors that put the card on top of your library. I would definitely run Mystical Tutor at least.
- Fabricate: Tutors an artifact. Highly recommended should you buy the Scroll Rack or other good artifacts (Not worth it if all you have are mana rocks)
- Chromatic Lantern: Still the best 3 drop mana rock for multicolored decks
- Voidwalk: Another means to get your creatures back after you ult
Cards that I would consider taking out
- Primordial Mist: Clunky and slow and you have pretty much removed all of the other manifest cards it doesnt really fit.
- Jeskai Infiltrator: Another manifest card
- Enigma Sphinx: It is very expensive card for a 5/4 body, even with flying. It has no ETB effect to abuse (since you have to cast to get the cascade effect).
- Sphinx of Jwar Isle: Unnecessary Effect
- Conundrum Sphinx: There are far better and cheaper card draw effects... Loyal Drake for example
- Sphinx of Uthuun: Expensive for a Fact or Fiction
1 week ago
Possibility Storm is probably the greatest enemy of all to control players there is and it has little down side for your deck.
Karmic Guide is a useful angel and helps with removal problems and Angel of Serenity is good removal/recursion. If you prefer more protective measures there's Aegis Angel, Archangel Avacyn Flip and Deathless Angel for in tribe options.
I think you are better off skipping the voltron route as its kinda slow and instead aim for haste and extra combat effects like Aggravated Assault (goes infinite with Sword of Feast and Famine), Combat Celebrant, Waves of Aggression and just crush your opponents quickly. If you go this route Crescendo of War and Archangel of Strife will make things very interesting.
With that in mind you may have better luck with Aurelia, the Warleader piloting the deck, I personally think the extra combat step is more valuable as your not geared to exploit pinging damage or burn spells with Gisela, Blade of Goldnight. If you don't swap her out you should add Heartless Hidetsugu then and exploit that damage bonus.
2 weeks ago
Your first thought was the right one. The triggered ability from Angel of Serenity in your example doesn't get copied.
When a spell or ability is countered, it gets removed from the stack. That means the Strionic Resonator's ability in your example doesn't have any legal targets anymore. It will also get countered by the rules when it starts to try to resolve.
The ruling you found tells you what happens when Strionic Resonator's ability resolves. In order to resolve successfully, it needs a valid target. Really, the ruling is explaining that Strionic Resonator doesn't give Angel of Serenity another instance of its "when [this] enters the battlefield..." ability.
2 weeks ago
In play I have a Strionic Resonator.
I cast Angel of Serenity.
In response I activate the Resonator's ability targeting the Angel's ability and then pass priority.
My opponent casts Disallow targeting the original triggered ability.
At first I thought I would lose both triggered abilities because if the original source is countered there's no valid target for the resonator to copy. But then I saw these rulings:
"Strionic Resonator targets a triggered ability that has triggered and is on the stack and creates another instance of that ability on the stack. It doesn’t cause any object to gain an ability."
Does this mean I still get one trigger even if the ability is stifled?
3 weeks ago
There are some really nice additional blinking mechanisms you could use in this deck. Some examples would be Ghostway/Eerie Interlude (also great at preventing your forces being wiped) and Roon of the Hidden Realm/Mistmeadow Witch can blink not just your creatures, but someone else's creatures too (this is nice to use against players who depend on creatures with counters or powerful token creatures).
In terms of nice stuff to be blinked, I've been using stuff like:
- Reveillark/Karmic Guide: using either of these is great for returning dead stuff to the battlefield. Using both in conjunction creates a situation in which you can keep bringing back stuff. You'll need a sac-outlet too to do this properly, but it's remarkable effective.
- Sun Titan: also great for recurring stuff when blinked.
- Angel of Serenity: allows you to exile the three most threatening creatures when summoned. By blinking her, it allows you to witch targets; fantastic!
- Reclamation Sage/Acidic Slime: gives you some more ability to get rid of annoying artifacts/enchantments; especially when you blink these. On a related note, if you blink a lot, I would definitely recommend adding Aura Shards for the same reason. Not a cheap card, but such an amazing control option for any deck utilizing W/G.
- Cathars' Crusade: any creatures on the BF that you're not blinking, will grow as a result of you blinking other creatures; insanely powerful stuff.
Hope this helped you a bit. Regards,
4 weeks ago
Early game the deck basically sits there, plays lands, and looks unthreatening. We have all 3 signets and 2 Talismans as well as Sol Ring and Gilded Lotus to help get to big plays sooner, and Aminatou can technically act as another ramp source so getting to the late game isn't too bad. As long as no one sees you as a huge threat early game, you're fine. Maybe a little bit of early game interaction would be better, but I personally dislike Cyclonic Rift, and Blind Obedience usually paints a target on your back when you play it in my playgroup, since no one is playing aggro decks so you're likely doing the most damage (and gaining the most life, and screwing up people's early mana rocks and such). Hostage Taker is one I forgot about though. Probably better than some other removal in here.
Average CMC is a bit high, but it hasn't been a huge issue for me. Ashen Rider in your opening hand feels bad, but it and Ugin, the Spirit Dragon are both insanely powerful and great on-theme cards here that I dislike cutting either. I could probably be convinced to cut one of my 7-drops, like Angel of Serenity.
I'll take a look at your deck right now!
1 month ago
You definetly want to replace the Butcher for a card that has an enter the battlefield (ETB) affect since that is the whole concept behind the Rites deck. Not sure if you have a budget so I am going to throw several ideas out there.
You could try using Bedlam Reveler since it does provide card draw and a way to fill your graveyard with unneeded lands or your flashback options. With 22 instance and sorcery cards you may be able to get the cost down to RR. Not many other red ETB options were popping up when I looked or when thinking about modern cards in general.
Obzedat, Ghost Council for life changing affects? May be inconsistent and is vulnerable to Path, but it is an option.
Grave Titan for a go wide token plan?
Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite to shrink your opponent's creatures and grow your souls tokens?
Captain of the Watch for a spicy knight token swarm?
Angel of Serenity as a one of for board control?
You could simply play Siege Rhino with the understanding that you cannot pay the green cost could be an option because the 3 life gained and 3 life lost is a big swing in momentum.
So there are a few ideas for you. I am sure there were several other ideas out there and hopefully some other people will come along and think of them. Like I said, just make sure it has an ETB affect or big board presence to make it work reanimating.
1 month ago
This deck has the potential to get really evil. Grave Pact might fit right in, when one of your creatures is killed, your opponent sacrifices a creature. Then we up the flicker - 3 Vesner means that you can cast a creature with AEthermage's Touch then flicker it with Vesner or Cloudshift before it gets returned to the hand. Who knows - you might even get Vesner's emblem.
With the above set-up you can be a lot more aggressive with your ETB effects. Gonti, Lord of Luxury would be great to steal your opponent's deck. Hostage Taker fits right in (often exiling your own creature). 3 each of Angel of Serenity, Blade Splicer, Sin Collector, Wall of Omens and maybe Restoration Angel with 2 biggies like Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger