|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Ultimate Masters (UMA)||Common|
Combos Browse all
Whenever a creature is put into your graveyard from battlefield, you may sacrifice Angelic Renewal. If you do, return that card to the battlefield.
Angelic Renewal Discussion
1 week ago
I think Holy Light would be a great inclusion to the deck, as White has very few ways of dealing with masses of tokens efficiently. This card lets you do that without affecting your own smaller creatures.
You have Suture Priest twice in your list, under board control and Life Gain.
Survival Cache seems like a great card for your deck. You'll most likely be the player with the most life anyways, and this gives you two life gain triggers and will most likely draw you two cards.
Children of Korlis could be a good "Fog" effect for you.
Exile seems like a good fit for removal in your deck.
Seems a shame to pass up on Martyr of Sands . It only gets you one trigger, but it's still a lot of life, which is worth something.
Seraph of Dawn is an absolute beast in this format. the big butt means it survives a lot of removal and combat, and putting equipment on it is amazing.
Along the same lines, Student of Ojutai really dishes out the lifegain for you on a great body, especially considering how few creatures you're playing.
I feel like most of your lifelink creatures are not really worth playing. They're going to be easily blocked and killed in most situations and not net you much of an advantage. I'd say only the ones that gain your some sort of card advantage are really worth playing. I could be wrong about Healer's Hawk, though.
Lastly, you have plenty of ways to protect your commander, but I would just like to suggest Angelic Renewal . You can play this before your commander and not have to hold mana up all the time for it. Same goes for Benevolent Bodyguard . This lets you play a much tighter, more efficient game plan.
2 weeks ago
Hey, saw your forum topic asking for help.
Nice upgrade of the precon. Cards to consider cutting to make 100 cards:
- Contagion Engine
- Contagion Clasp
- Righteous Aura
- Seal of the Guildpact
- Helm of the Gods
- Champion's Helm
- Thoughtrender Lamia
Proliferate isn't doing much here except giving you more experience counters and that's not worth it instead play more enchantments to get experience counters?
Consider adding more low mana cost enchantments to get experience counters faster? Flickering Ward is very good because it's one mana enchantment that can be an engine to get experience counters while also protecting Daxos from targeted removal from the color of protection you choose. Also excellent with Mesa as a draw engine. Kaya's Ghostform another one mana enchantment that can help to pseudo protect Daxos by reanimating him when he dies or is exiled. Because Daxos is only three mana and he can be a repeatable source of tokens then consider less creatures? Board wipes that kill all creatures are good with enchantment strategies and with a Commander who can create creatures after a wipe.
Can add enchantments to protect/reanimate Daxos from your own or opponents' board wipes:
Tutors that don't break the bank that can get an aura/enchantment are helpful:
Expanding on enchantments that disrupt your opponents can buy you more time to get experience counters and make Spirits:
Once you have a lot of experience counters then you don't need to really cast lots of enchantments. Can instead utilize Daxos's ability to make creatures without casting them. Which is good with enchantments that only let players play one spell per turn. This disrupts your opponents more than you and in some cases shuts down entire opponent strategies like combos:
Good luck with your deck.
3 weeks ago
Hey, I already commented on your deck two months ago :)
Kokusho, the Evening Star suggested by crash328 is a good win condition with Teysa with a sac outlet such as Viscera Seer . I use it in my casual Teysa deck as a win condition. You can create a mini engine with Kokusho using Sun Titan with Animate Dead (reanimate Kokusho) or Kaya's Ghostform (when enchanted Kokusho dies he comes back onto the battlefield) or Angelic Renewal (sac it when Kokusho dies and he comes back onto the battlefield). Titan can reanimate one of Animate, Ghostform or Renewal letting you do this interaction when Titan ETB or attacks.
Titan can be a win condition without having to even attack because he can reanimate when he ETB. Combining Titan with Renewal or enchanted with Ghostform, an aristocrat and a sac outlet such as Carrion Feeder . I'm a big fan of Titan even without combos in a causal deck with Teysa because he can reanimate Skullclamp or many other creatures who have interaction with Teysa.
4 weeks ago
Hey, good start.
Budget ($3 or less each) lands to consider adding to improve the manabase:
- Command Tower : one of the best lands for multicolored decks in Commander.
- Exotic Orchard
- Opal Palace
- Nomad Outpost
- Caves of Koilos
- Battlefield Forge
- Foreboding Ruins
- Concealed Courtyard
- Ash Barrens
- Canyon Slough
- Barren Moor
- Forgotten Cave
- Secluded Steppe
The Cycle lands and Barrens are cards with cycling to power Astral Drift. Since they're lands they don't take up valuable deck spots to include more cycling.
Budget Angels/Demons/Dragons and cards that have good interaction with them to consider adding:
- Restoration Angel : ETB ability, blink Kaalia.
- Dragon Tempest : give your flying creatures haste.
- Eldrazi Displacer : repeatable blink, but not an Angel/Demon/Dragon and requires colorless mana sources from lands or mana rocks.
- Utvara Hellkite : among the best Dragons in Commander.
- Karmic Guide : ETB ability, reanimate Kaalia.
- Magister of Worth : ETB ability, reanimate Kaalia as well as every other creature in your graveyard or destroy all other creatures on the battlefield.
- Angel of Despair : ETB ability, destroy any one permanent.
- Bloodgift Demon : repeatable no mana cost draw at your upkeep.
If making blink a theme because of Kaalia then consider including more strong Angels/Demons/Dragons with good ETB abilities to be able to blink them.
Budget card upgrades to consider:
- Swords to Plowshares > Lightning Bolt
- Generous Gift > Lightning Helix
- Diabolic Tutor > Past in Flames
- Final Parting > Obzedat's Aid
- Animate Dead > Aid the Fallen
- Angelic Renewal > Return from Extinction
- Read the Bones > Ransack the Lab
- Unburial Rites > Blood for Bones
- Commander's Sphere > Darksteel Ingot
- Talisman of Indulgence > Worn Powerstone
- Liliana's Triumph > Diabolic Edict
Other cards to consider cutting:
- Cinder Barrens
- Orzhov Guildgate
- Wind-Scarred Crag
- Myriad Landscape
- Scorch Spitter
- Rakdos Firewheeler
- Scampering Scorcher
- Segovian Angel
- Virtus the Veiled
- Volcanic Dragon
- Zombie Infestation
1 month ago
Here are a few recommended combos:
- Sun Titan + Saffi Eriksdotter + Sac Outlet
- Sun Titan + Angelic Renewal + Sac Outlet
- Sun Titan + Gift of Immortality + Sac Outlet
- Sun Titan + Kaya's Ghostform + Sac Outlet
- Renegade Rallier + Angelic Renewal + Sac Outlet
- Renegade Rallier + Saffi Eriksdotter + Sac Outlet
- Renegade Rallier + Kaya's Ghostform + Sac Outlet
- Karmic Guide + Felidar Guardian + Sac Outlet
- Karmic Guide + Fiend Hunter + Sac Outlet
- Vesperlark + Felidar Guardian + Sac Outlet
- Karmic Guide + Sun Titan + Animate Dead + Sac Outlet (Animate falls off from pro-black
1 month ago
2 months ago
Hey, saw your forum topic asking for help.
Nice upgrade of the precon, but consider less creatures, more one and two drop enchantments? Lots of creatures is not really needed because Daxos is a repeatable source of creatures from the Command Zone. For him to create a token that's worth three mana then you need to be casting enchantments. One and two drop enchantments can give you experience counters faster and also reduce the avg. CMC of your deck.
- Flickering Ward
- Kaya's Ghostform
- Animate Dead : reanimate a creature from any graveyard including an opponents.
- Angelic Renewal
- Luminarch Ascension
- Darksteel Mutation : shut down an opponents Commander since it doesn't destroy or exile so the Commander can't go back to the Command Zone. The Commander can't do anything until this aura is removed and indestructible prevents it from dying from most board wipes.
- Blind Obedience
- Authority of the Consuls
- Aegis of the Gods : enchantment creature, give yourself hexproof.
- Dreadhorde Invasion
Ward, Ghostform and Renewal can protect Daxos. Bounce Ward for one mana and then cast it again. For Ward is an engine to get experience counters with Daxos, draw a lot of cards with Mesa, gain a lot of life with Coinsmith, create a lot of Angels with Throne, etc. Conviction can also be an enchantment engine for .
Ascension can be a repeatable source of creatures it's amazing in multiplayer Commander because it looks at each opponents end step. Obedience and Consuls expand on the pillowfort strategy which is helpful to stall opponents, giving you more turns to get experience counters, get other value from casting enchantments and make Spirits with Daxos. Exort is also a deceptively powerful effect in multiplayer Commander.
Hall of Heliod's Generosity from Modern Horizons brings a new graveyard strategy with repeatable enchantment recursion for white enchantress decks (wanting to cast enchantments to get value). You can now use your graveyard as a source of enchantments. Hall has good synergy with an enchantment that can sac itself to give you value such as Seals, Aura of Silence, etc. since you can recur it, draw it and cast it again. Sun Titan is very good repeatable reanimation of 3 or less CMC permanents includes enchantments and lands.
Other budget cards to consider adding:
- Command Tower : best land for multicolored Commander decks.
- Caves of Koilos
- Concealed Courtyard
- Reliquary Tower : no max hand size is helpful when drawing cards with Mesa.
- Heliod's Pilgrim : tutor for an aura.
- Open the Armory : tutor for an aura or Boots/Greaves.
- Talisman of Hierarchy : two drop Orzhov mana rock.
- Commander's Sphere
- Mind Stone
- Swords to Plowshares : staple white creature removal in Commander.
- Generous Gift : soon to be staple white permanent removal in Commander.
- Read the Bones
- Night's Whisper
- Day of Judgment : four drop creature board wipe.
- Fumigate : five drop creature board wipe that gains you life.
I'm not going to give you an exact plan of what cards to cut and replace. Instead, I'm giving you lots of options, list of 26 cards to consider adding and list of lots of cards to cut. I'm leaving it up to you to make the decisions of what you cut. My advice of cards to cut are creatures and high CMC cards. Cards that don't give you value right away or repeatable value over time can be cut. The exceptions for these kinds of cards is removal, board wipes and draw spells, but you only want a few of these kinds of cards not a lot instead focus on enchantments.
Cards to consider cutting:
- Temple of the False God
- Vivid Meadow
- Orzhov Guildgate
- Vivid Marsh
- New Benalia
- Herald of the Host
- Necromancer's Covenant
- Deadly Tempest
- Teysa, Envoy of Ghosts
- Dreadbringer Lampads
- Treasury Thrull
- Thrilling Encore
- Thief of Blood
- Silent Sentinel
- Celestial Archon
- Vow of Duty
- Vow of Malice
- Kor Sanctifiers
- Corpse Augur
- Burnished Hart
- Banishing Light
- Traveler's Amulet
- Ghostblade Eidolon
- Orzhov Cluestone
- Death Grasp
- Finale of Eternity
- Ancient Craving
- Marshal's Anthem
I offer more advice if you would like. Good luck with your deck.
4 months ago
Angelic Renewal occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.0%