|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Avacyn Restored (AVR)||Rare|
|Promo Set (000)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Angel of Glory's Rise
Creature — Angel
When Angel of Glory's Rise enters the battlefield, exile all Zombies, then return all Human creature cards from your graveyard to the battlefield.
|Have (12)||Slowbro23 , miracle , Dimarx , teslacoil7992 , jecder , No1HanSolo , Thunderbeard , Regulus1010 , Bluboltar , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , Pumpkinking913 , weirdtimes2004|
|Want (41)||MerkavaIV16 , CoryDean , turtlezbehatin , Sonairx , mlouden03 , chucklebot , Joeeap , Darckgreen , Darklowi , guacachole , lastkingofdenmark , squirrel009 , oswrick , norsekidoutofframe , xPixelWitchx , Red_Feathers , macros , SupraDoug , coadster , Relevantworm , Kurtimus , BrownstoneCowboy , oryandaw , Koala7564 , Aerosquid47 , arthurxisde , marsp44 , kovellen , Killerclan117 , ztanos , scooter1265 , Orbrunner , xXmememasterXx , cvillpunk , Enoikay , MoxFlux , zeriah , TheDai3 , nullwraith , Arcaedic , diestoremoval|
Angel of Glory's Rise Discussion
1 week ago
3x Mind Bomb
3x Spell Pierce
1x Dread Return
As of current available stock this T2 cephalid breakfast deck costs $9.87 according to star city games
2 weeks ago
Suggestions for "additions" (I'm not sure what you want to take out)
Also here is my list if you want some additional inspiration: https://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/shadowborn-apostles-demons-will-rise/
The list is outdated, casual, and just a rough remake of a list I had previously that I lost, but there might be something you've missed in there.
- Aven Shrine - Provides ridiculous lifegains even with just a small number of apostles in the yard.
- Xathrid Necromancer - (Rotlung Reanimator v. 2) - Tokens enters tapped, which is an issue, but it triggers off humans which hits slightly more targets than cleric. More of an aggressive inclusion rather than combo defensive tool.
- Angel of Glory's Rise - gets back all your Clerics for another run.
- Rally the Ancestors - You have Immortal Servitude , this is its buddy.
- Doom Whisperer - Razaketh, the Foulblooded does what this does better under normal circumstances. Haven't playtested this one but the general idea is to Surveil as many Clerics into the graveyard as possible until you hit a mass-resurrection-spell. Combines really well with aforementioned Aven Shrine by possibly finding and fueling the Shrine's condition, leading to mass lifegains, leading to more Surveil.
- No Rest for the Wicked - Haven't playtested this one either and possibly more a jank inclusion. The idea is to make sure you can get your Clerics back into hand if Athreos is not available or people are willing to pay. It's better to just have the mass resurrection spells before this.
I would probably pull out:
- Krav, the Unredeemed - He seems lackluster in the setup and you don't seem to create an abundance of tokens to really abuse his ability.
- Harvester of Souls - Would likely swap him out for a Grim Haruspex . While the Harvester triggers off of your opponent's creatures dying, you would need a Grave Pact effect in play to actually take advantage of that. The main portion of cards you get from this is from your own creatures. And I figure if you are able to search for a demon, the Harvester is not the prime target. At least when I've played he has been under performing. The Haruspex is easier to cast and is returned with both Rally the Ancestors and Angel of Glory's Rise . You can even find her with Recruiter of the Guard in case you've already found your Edgewalker .
- Unburial Rites - Just seems lackluster to me but that's also because my playgroup run a lot of exile, especially on big targets in colors that usually gets them back. In general I find Phyrexian Reclamation to be a better inclusion because I can secure I get my Clerics back which is the overall gameplan.
Anyway just my 2 cents. Hope you can use it in some capacity :)
1 month ago
The reason we don't want these is because you don't have removal in your deck and we have no way of protecting Kaalia of the Vast Removing these gives us 17 open slots for removal, protection, and some better creatures
Now some recommendations, Kokusho, the Evening Star He is a really good blocker since you have no ways to sac him blocking is going to be your best bet to kill him, Lathliss, Dragon Queen I don't need to explain this one, Terminate Very good instant speed removal, Dreadbore More removal (also hits planeswalkers so that's a bonus, Iroas, God of Victory Sure you cant cheat him out but who cares look at that ability! Skithiryx, the Blight Dragon Cause hes aids, Lightning Greaves We have to protect Bae otherwise she will be shot down on sight Vindicate Great removal, Swiftfoot Boots More protecting of Bae, Strionic Resonator So when Bae attacks we hit her ability with this and get double the triggers so now we put to bois into play Merciless Eviction You need a board wipe, Earthquake A board wipe that only hits your opponents stuff YES PLEASE! Liliana's Contract For the memes, Linvala, Keeper of Silence shes op, Oblivion Ring More removal. Swords to Plowshares Honestly the best white removal in commander, Anguished Unmaking Exile op op.
3 months ago
Alright, so I get that Angel of Glory's Rise can bring back Auriok Salvagers and Eternal Witness to get back LED and make infinite mana letting you Memory's Journey back a timetwister and loop your whole deck, but I don’t get why Bloom Tender Freed from the Real makes the cut or why Fatestitcher was cut, it allowed a Hermit Druid activation to get all 3 creatures for Dread Return and also works with Utopia Sprawl or Wild Growth and Freed from the Real.
3 months ago
By the way, Renegade Rallier doesn't work with Fiend Hunter (it costs more than two), but Angel of Glory's Rise works with both Fiend Hunter and Saffi.
3 months ago
That's it. The joy of the combo package is that you don't have to cut the Grand Abolisher but instead cut the Angel of Glory's Rise. That way you have aline with Hulk where you get Spellseeker (fetching Reanimate), Viscera Seer and Grand Abolisher and then go from there.
One cool thing about the list though is that you can run Leonin Relic-Warder and Necromancy (as another hulk enabler with Entomb) which helps against cards like Cursed Totem but also forms the schrodinger's cat combo with cutthroat.
But yeah, it comes down to preference. The list you have is very compact so it comes down to which package you want to use.
3 months ago
I tough about Angel of Glory's Rise to fit the bill
4 months ago
I think I will cut Guardian Seraph in favor of Exquisite Archangel. I like Angel of Glory's Rise because during one of my plat tests last night, I was able to bring back a bunch of humans such as Paragon of New Dawns and Grand Abolisher right before I played Avacyn, Angel of Hope
But ya, you should totally build Angel Tribal! I am thoroughly enjoying this deck so far.
Angel of Glory's Rise occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0,03%
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0,01%