Back:Chalice of Death
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Dark Ascension (DKA)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Chalice of Life
: You gain 1 life. Then if you have at least 10 life more than your starting life total, transform Chalice of Life.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Chalice of Life Discussion
5 days ago
Mmmm.... why play Unclaimed Territory in a monocolored deck with different creature types?
Black Knight seems random. Could be Geralf's Messenger (for resilience to removal), could be Gatekeeper of Malakir (for removal with legs), could be Vampire Nighthawk (for lifegain and deterring attackers)... or something else.
Do you have a plan for flipping Chalice of Life Flip? Or is it just there to give you 1 life every turn? This might seem a bit abstract, but the lifegain from Duress could be a good bit better than either of the lifegain cards you're using, simply because it might remove a card from your opponents hand, that will cost you a lot more life than the lifegainers will give in any game where they don't come down right away. Or you could play Tendrils of Corruption in place of some of your removal, for even more swamps-matter, removal, and lifegain (in one bundle).
1 week ago
Great deck! It has something fun going on though needs some editing.
Abzan Battle Priest could be your best friend here. Think of him as the start of you mid-game hinge where you start to turn from life gain to attacking. Another hinge here is your Chalice of Life Flip as it flips to start draining your opponent. What seems to work here is also Ajani's Pridemate, Oreskos Sun Guide, and Ajani, Mentor of Heroes (another one of these in the deck could be great). Feed the Clan from your maybeboard would be good here as well, and maybe think about adding Honor's Reward, Archangel of Thune, and Dromoka's Command (or maybe just sideboard this). In order to make room for these guys though, I would cut most of your green creatures (except, maybe, Ageless Entity, the gods, Bow of Nylea, Search for Tomorrow, and Explosive Vegetation; basically anything that isn't taking advantage of your primary strategy. If you're worried about early game mana, Birds of Paradise could be in your future or a similar one drop.
Hope this is helpful!
1 week ago
3 weeks ago
Hey I think your card choices are pretty solid, but the one thing that jumps out at me is your mana count. Its a little bit low considering you have a decent number of 5, 6 and 7 drops. I would get to 36-37 lands. I also like to run things like Tithe, Land Tax, and Gift of Estates to make sure that Im hitting my land drops through out the game.
As far as inclusions, I think Sunscorch Regent is a must. Its just a great commander card.
I am not sure that Aether Vial is entirely necessary. Its a great card for 60 card formats, but I'm not sure about its ability in commander. Chalice of Life Flip is fun but probably a bit underwhelming, just keep an eye on how it performs, same as Pontiff of Blight seems like it might be a bit slow, just keep an eye on it.
Hope this helps!
on Oloro Stuff
1 month ago
- Chalice of Life Flip: Isn't the worst card in Oloro, but isn't all that reliable either.
- Darksteel Plate: I've seen you play this card a bunch of times, and most of the time it just sits there, all menacingly. Problem is - your deck doesn't plan to use creatures often, so the plate also won't be used either.
- Dreamstone Hedron: Ramp is great, but expensive ones that produce colorless mana can be iffy since they're often easy targets right after you play them. Gilded Lotus can at least let you cast counterspells after you tap all your lands to play it.
- Orzhov Keyrune: This one is just personal preference from me. I don't like 3 mana artifact ramp most of the time. (Chromatic Lantern and Darksteel Ingot are much better) It's up to you if you wanna take it out or not.
- Sun Droplet: This card is very slow and you could easily replace it with something better.
- Subversion: It may seem like a decent drain effect, but it's not that great since it's 5 mana and makes you wait til your next upkeep before it does anything.
- Thought Reflection: Decent card, but 7 mana is pretty costly. Up to you if you wanna keep it.
- Celestial Force: It's nice to instantly gain life each upkeep, but 8 mana for basically just a vanilla creature otherwise isn't really good.
- Pontiff of Blight: Extort is nice for your deck, but your deck doesn't have many creatures to take advantage of the pontiff. Up to you if you wanna keep this guy if you wanna add more creatures.
- Skirge Familiar: I think this card would be a lot better if your deck was more combo focused.
- Azorius Chancery: These types of lands will flat out screw you over if they get destroyed or Blood Mooned.
Cards you definitely should add (won't cost you a whole lot):
- Crested Sunmare: Easily synergizes with Oloro and provides very solid creatures for defensive/offensive plays.
- Aetherflux Reservoir: The win condition you've been looking for. It's a pretty funny card honestly, but works very well with Oloro once you get him going.
- Alhammarret's Archive: Simply synergizes well with Oloro.
- Felidar Sovereign: Not sure how the others would feel about alternative win conditions, but if everyone' okay with it, this guy can most likely win you some games.
- Karlov of the Ghost Council: An awesome card. Can help control the board or becomes a big body to swing with.
- Delay, Counterspell, Swan Song, Negate: Good, cheap counterspells you should at least be running.
- Sphinx's Revelation: Put that ramping to good use.
- Anguished Unmaking, Cyclonic Rift: Must-have control instants.
- Supreme Verdict, Merciless Eviction, Fumigate: Excellent board wipes to go with Oloro.
- Clever Impersonator: This guy's incredibly flexible and can be useful in just about any situation.
- Mana Confluence: Almost exactly another copy of City of Brass.
- Temple of Enlightenment, Temple of Silence, Temple of Deceit: These will make your mana base a tad bit more consistent while helping you a bit with your next draw as well.
- Diabolic Tutor/Dark Petition/more tutors: Your deck would be more consistent if it had more tutors.
- Brainstorm: Generally a good blue card to manipulate your deck/hand a bit at an instant.
Suggestions (Some are costly, but very worth it for Oloro):
- Grave Titan: Just a powerhouse in general. Just like Crested Sunmare, Grave Titan will give you excellent battlefield presence.
- Whip of Erebos: If you do add more creatures like Grave Titan, this card can be very good for your life gain strategy.
- Sun Titan: One of my favorites. Can grab back some useful stuff, even land.
- Soul Warden, Soul's Attendant, Suture Priest, Auriok Champion: The soul sisters. You shouldn't include all of them at once though. Just keep them in mind since they're good against creature-heavy decks.
- Consecrated Sphinx: Costly, but worth.
- Kambal, Consul of Allocation: Punishes spell-slinging decks, and generally nice if he sticks around.
- Ayli, Eternal Pilgrim: She can be good if you can keep your life total high enough.
- Sanguine Sacrament: Pretty nice for the deck's game plan at instant speed.
- Demonic Tutor: Arguably the best tutor you can find, but the price tag will probably turn you away. But... Greatness, at any cost.. Right?
- Enlightened Tutor, Mystical Tutor, Vampiric Tutor: Excellent tutors, but expensive (although Mystical Tutor is only around $5; not a whole lot compared to Vampiric Tutor).- Austere Command: Another one of my favorites. Very flexible, and doesn't cost a whole lot either.
- Torment of Hailfire: This card will probably make everyone hate you, but it's a fantastic card nonetheless.
- Leyline of Anticipation: One of the best blue enchantments in my opinion. Allows you to intimidate everyone just by playing a land on your turn.
- Crawlspace: Good against creature-heavy decks.
- Talisman of Dominance, Talisman of Progress, Fellwar Stone: Some decent and cheap mana rocks if you want more ramp.
- Decree of Pain: A good tempo swing in your favor if there are a ton of creatures in play. Kinda costly to play though.
- Hallowed Fountain, Godless Shrine, Watery Grave: Shock lands. Excellent at increasing consistency with mana bases. They're even better with the Fetch lands. All of these lands are very costly though.
- Flooded Plains, Marsh Flats, Polluted Delta: Example Fetch lands you could use.
- Ponder, Preordain: Cheap cantrips for a little more consistency.
- Maze of Ith, Kor Haven: Decent control lands.
- Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth, Cabal Coffers: Generates a ton of mana if you get them together.
- Expedition Map: Can help getting the above lands or any land you need.
- Crypt Ghast: Synergizes very well with Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth, but is overall decent for your deck.
That's all I can think of for now. I can post more for you if I think of anything else.
1 month ago
so i have a few suggestions life gain is fun and i have one with same colors except i went without blue. Aetherborn Marauder, Archangel of Thune, Blood Baron of Vizkopa, Courser of Kruphix, Escaped Null, Felidar Sovereign, Gifted Aetherborn, Nyx-Fleece Ram, Rhox Faithmender, Spike Feeder, Vampire Nighthawk, Warden of the First Tree, Abzan Guide, Serra Ascendant, Grand Coliseum, Transguild Promenade, Rupture Spire, Painted Bluffs, Exotic Orchard, Aetherflux Reservoir, Chalice of Life Flip, Skull of Orm, Test of Endurance, Beacon of Immortality. having green i would suggest some more mana ramp too maybe something like Fog here is my deck also if you want to take a look. Damage Incorporated
1 month ago
Good old Edgar! Sure, I'll give you some suggestions. For reference, here is my Edgar Markov deck. If you take a look at that to compare card choices, one thing to note is I'm running Vampire Nocturnus so I intentionally avoided nonblack cards, so you'll want to keep that in mind.
Akoum Refuge is another lifegain dual land if you want a fourth. It was only an ally-colored cycle so that's the only one of those you can run. Myriad Landscape is great and goes in almost any deck. Since this deck is so heavy in black, you might want to look at Tainted Peak and Tainted Field.
If you want to be aggressive, how about some one-drops? Viscera Seer is perfect for this deck. Easy include. I was also excited to discover Shadow Alley Denizen, though I haven't gotten to cast her myself in the deck yet. Getting intimidate off your Vampire tokens seems like it should be good for chipping in some extra damage.
Other cards, let's see... Sangromancer is very efficient and should play well here. Vampiric Rites lets you turn extra dorks into life and cards. It's not as efficient as Skullclamp, but you only get to run one of those. How about Mathas, Fiend Seeker? An evasive low-drop that draws cards and gains life sounds perfect!
Chalice of Life Flip - Doesn't gain life very fast and even a Lava Axe every round gives your opponents plenty of time to respond. If you want a way to win outside the combat phase, kill the table with Exsanguinate or Debt to the Deathless.
Licia, sanguine Tribune - I think Licia is cool, but she really needs a deck built around her. You aren't going to want to spend 7-8 mana to cast her and your deck isn't set up to gain huge chunks of life without investing mana that turn. You've got a few ways to do it, but without those she's kind of a brick.
Damnable Pact - this card feels like a bad Braingeyser and a bad Blaze. Flexibility is nice, but I don't think the efficiency tradeoff is worth it in this case. If you want an X-spell finisher, see above. If you want to draw cards, there are plenty of efficient spells like Night's Whisper, Sign in Blood, Painful Truths, and Read the Bones. Or you could check out Vampiric Rites.
Diabolic Tutor - Four mana for a tutor is just so expensive. I'd rather just cast a card draw spell.
Defiant Bloodlord - Ok, so hear me out. I have had this guy in my hand in lifegain decks and man, I never want to spend seven mana on him. He's so much easier to kill than Sanguine Bond and, unlike Butcher of Malakir, you are unlikely to be able to make good use of his static ability the turn you cast him.
1 month ago
Ich schreibe dir morgen (oder vielleicht heute Abend, welche Karten ich rausnehmen wrde und warum.
Jetzt scheie ich dich erstmal mit Karten zu, die mir noch dazu einfallen :D
Kram, der mit deiner Strategie zu tun hat (beinhaltet sowohl shit, als auch geile Sachen):Deepwood Ghoul, Ethereal Champion, Glorifier of Dusk, Greed, Hatred, Lurking Evil, Marrow Bats, Martyrs' Tomb, Mischievous Poltergeist, Necrologia, Plague of Vermin, Souldrinker, Tymna the Weaver, Underworld Connections, Yawgmoth's Bargain, Tree of Perdition, Ajani Goldmane, Ajani, Caller of the Pride, Arbiter of Knollridge, Beacon of Immortality, Celestial Mantle, Oketra's Last Mercy, Invincible Hymn, Serra Avatar, Storm Herd, Chalice of Life Flip, Nightmare Lash, Phyrexian Processor, Well of Lost Dreams
Kram, der unabhngig von deiner Strategie gut ist:Soul of Innistrad, Grave Betrayal, Ogre Slumlord, Vengeful Pharaoh, Sudden Spoiling, Painful Quandary, Ophiomancer, Necropolis Regent, Dread, Murder, Royal Assassin, Silence the Believers, Ever After, Ghastly Conscription, Oblivion Ring, Banishing Light, Journey to Nowhere, Stasis Snare, Windborn Muse, Blind Obedience, Prison Term, Aura of Silence, Profound Journey, Comeuppance, Settle the Wreckage , Stalking Leonin, Swiftfoot Boots, Lightning Greaves
Bedenke auerdem, dass du nur 5 Karten haben darfst, die ber 2 Euro kosten und achte besonders beim Basteln auf deine Mana-Kurve (nicht zu viele teure Sachen).