|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2019 (C19)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Key to the City
, Discard a card: Up to one target creature can't be blocked this turn.
Whenever Key to the city becomes untapped, you may pay . If you do, draw a card.
Key to the City Discussion
1 week ago
Key to the City , Rogue's Passage , Whispersilk Cloak , Break Through the Line , Glaring Spotlight , Goblin Smuggler , Manifold Key , Pathmaker Initiate , Suspicious Bookcase , and Tawnos's Wand . Also Dauthi Embrace , Dauthi Trapper , and Traitor's Clutch .
1 week ago
So... Some oozes with dinosaur arms... I like that!
Also some suggestions:
Mirror-Mad Phantasm : This is a crazy one, but I love it. Also is a very good option, because you can activate the ability a lot of times, making it a solid self-mill option.
Torrent Elemental : You can exile it with The Mimeoplasm to make it unblockeable (unless the defending player casts a creature with flash and flying), and then you may return it to the battlefied. That can be useful if the opponents destroys The Mimeoplasm or something goes wrong.
Fleet Swallower : Is similar to Traumatize , and it has good points and bad points. Bad Points: Only mills when attacks, and that means that the opponents can kill it before it does something. Good Points: You can rapeat the mill effect, you can reanimate it, and (I know that this is a silly point) the effect is rounded up!
Key to the City : To make the Ooze unblockable, and with it you can do something like a looting effect.
3 weeks ago
Stuff that would give him unblockable like Prowler's Helm , Whispersilk Cloak , and Key to the City I would imagine are good. Then you just need stuff to give him more power and double strike like Blackblade Reforged , Loxodon Warhammer . I think best bet is that it turns into a pseudo Voltron style deck with a lot of black removal/draw spells packed in there.
1 month ago
Thanks for the suggestions!
I've thought about Lotleth Troll before, and decided that it's too narrow. In the early game when a discard outlet is most useful, I want the flexibility of being able to discard any card to help play Hogaak.
Now Street Wraith is an interesting idea. Yeah, I think it would be a good include! It'll help with the deck's general consistency, and it'll be an extra boost to Hogaak's "delve count". And I think the same can be said about the cycle lands. But how many cycle lands is too many? Hmm. I might need some help with that.
The thing about Key to the City is that it's a 2 drop, and I don't have that many cards available for that CMC slot. I want to maximize the amount of creatures in that slot to help play Hogaak. But on paper, this card is definitely doing everything this deck wants to do. If you want to add it into your list, it wouldn't be a bad idea.
1 month ago
I really like this deck, i wanted to give you some card ideas so youll let me know what you think of them like the cycle lands since they seem like a good idea, Lotleth Troll and Street Wraith also seem to sinergize very well and of course Key to the City
multimedia on Nope
1 month ago
Hey, Hapatra is a good choice. Some cards to consider that meet the budget restraints that might not seem as obvious:
2 months ago
Good morning, and thank you for the love that you gave the deck. I'm working on some more points for the accordion as we speak and you gave me a few more ideas for addition.
So, the area and venue I play in has a lot of hate toward my deck, and as such focuses me down a lot of the time. This has made the deck be more of a reactivate and adaptive style of deck. With this variant of Lazav I've found that I can wipe an opponent out turn 2 and I can grind out longer games by being reactive to the flow of the game.
- Diabolic Intent - I actually have a copy and had this in the deck for a long time. I cut it (reluctantly) because I found I had too few creatures on the field when it was in hand, for Scheming Symmetry . If budget allows you could also just run Imperial Seal . I plan on getting a copy for Christmas. Intent may be a card I would put back in later honestly though.
- Necropotence - I base a lot of the playstyle of my deck on Discard, Draw strategies and Necropotence is a BIG turn off for me. It is a powerhouse of a card, but I want my graveyard to be filled from my deck, hand, and field and I don't want to have to adjust a major style of play when this card is out.
- Mystic Remora - I'm going to just come out and say it. I'm a vain person that is very picky what cards I put in the deck, and I don't like the old-styled backgrounds. I didn't get Rhystic Study until the Judge Promo came out. I know, I know. So this comment will go for Necromancy as well. However I have never been a fan of the cumulative upkeep. I understand it's function as an early game deterrent , however when I choose an enchantment or artifact I think of the longevity of it all. How long will it be on the field. I don't want to put an age counter, pay the cost, then draw in to gas. Feels bad.
- Necromancy - So the reasoning you put for this card just seems like a trick to keep the card from getting exiled. My question to you is, why not just add another counterspell?
- Echo of Eons - I believe this is a card for a different style of deck. Niv-Mizzet, Parun possibly. If it was instant speed, I could definitely use it as a trick.
- Devastation Tide - So, the thing about D Tide is, you ALWAYS, ALWAYS want to know three things. 1. What's on the board, that's targeting you, your permanents, or your style of play. 2. How quickly your opponents can rebuild and. 3. How quickly you can rebuild. This was a card added early on to deal with my opponent's boards that were just, smashing me or turning my deck off completely. Either by Rest in Peace , Silent Gravestone or just beating my face in with creatures. With the aforementioned enchantments, the only thing the colors UB has is bounce and counter to deal with them. We're not in green or white to destroy or exile them. With the go wide or tall strategy of creatures it's easier to make them set up again. However you can combo D Tide with any Windfall esque effect and just get rid of it. Setting up the Miracle is fairly easy as well when we have Mystical Tutor , Vampiric Tutor and Scheming Symmetry .
- Key to the City - Key adds a lot of versatility. It throws a card in my hand like Phyrexian Dreadnought or Kefnet the Mindful that are otherwise useless to me if I have to cast them. If for some reason, you need it to you can have an opposing creature that's swinging at another opponent be unblockable. This is a major swing in our favor. Key also sets up the non-Lazav combo like Crackdown Construct and Basalt Monolith to get in unblocked. It also helps Lazav get in that extra swing when we don't have Invisible Stalker . These alone are good enough for the inclusion, let alone when it is untapped you may pay 2 and draw a card. Winning.
- Diabolic Intent - Putting in the Maybe section as it may find it's way back in the deck.
2 months ago
You need to add more tormenting voice effects. Faithless Looting and Cathartic Reunion for sorcery, Geier Reach Sanitarium for land, Key to the City for artifacts, Rix Maadi Reveler for a budget creature and Seasoned Pyromancer nonbudget.
The second thing you need is fast mana, so put in cards like signets: Rakdos Signet , Orzhov Signet , Boros Signet and the talisman cycle: Talisman of Hierarchy , Talisman of Conviction , Talisman of Indulgence .
Key to the City occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.02%