Each player discards all the cards in his or her hand, then draws that many cards minus one.
Printings View all
|Fate Reforged (FRF)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Dark Deal Discussion
2 weeks ago
Your list is pretty good so far. Here are a few cards you may or may not like to include:
Burning Inquiry, Dramatic Reversal (infinite mana with Isochron and a few rocks), Dark Deal, Fascination, Grafdigger's Cage, Incendiary Command, Jace, Wielder of Mysteries, Kederekt Parasite, Lim-Dul's Vault, Niv-Mizzet, Parun (combos with Curiosity and similar effects), Notion Thief, Psychosis Crawler, Relic of Progenitus, Thassa's Oracle, and Winds of Change.
For your rocks I'd recommend adding probably 4-5 more, but I'd say you've done good in sticking to the 2 cmc ones. More signets, more talismans, maybe a Fellwar Stone or Mind Stone are all definitely good options.
I want to ask what a lot of the transmute cards are in your deck for? What are you trying to fetch at 1 cmc with Dizzy Spell or 5 cmc with Brainspoil? Muddle is generally pretty good for fetching combo pieces like Isochron Scepter, but at lot of the others are kind of head scratchers to me. I'd also advise you to evaluate why you chose the cards you did, how impactful they would be in the format, and how they synergize with the rest of your deck. For example, in a multiplayer format with 3 opponents and usually plenty of creatures, how often is Diabolic Edict going to be something you're happy about drawing? Similarly, I know you have a bounce subtheme going on, but is Cowardice really something you want to be running in a deck that focuses on keeping creatures like your commander or Fate Unraveler out on the field? Wouldn't you rather counter those threats than have a mere targeting throw a wrench in your plans? Also on the topic of bounce, would you rather be running a bounce sumbtheme or be using your blue for counters and your black for straight up removal? Maybe you wouldn't, maybe you would, I just think it's worth asking the questions you know?
Nekusar and wheels are always fun to see in action. I hope you enjoy EDH and I hope I was able to help! :^)
3 weeks ago
Very interesting deck. Inspired me to start brainstorming my own Chainer list.
Imp's Mischief is too good not to run. It gives mono black blue/red tech.
You can afford to cut some basics.
1 month ago
Have you considered wheel type effects such as Fateful Showdown or Dark Deal. Your deck seems well suited for it with Archfiend of Ifnir, Bag of Holding, and Bone Miser. These effects also combo well with Rielle, the Everwise. Speaking of the Miser, do you think Waste Not might be a better/cheaper alternative to the Miser?
1 month ago
Key Mana Rocks:
Mana Crypt, Sol Ring, Mox Diamond, Chrome Mox, Lotus Petal, Mox Opal, Mox Amber, Mana Vault, Grim Monolith, Basalt Monolith, Arcane Signet, Fellwar Stone, the Signets and Talismans, Mind Stone, and Thought Vessel
Key Mana Dorks:
Deathrite Shaman, Birds of Paradise, Noble Hierarch, Avacyn's Pilgrim, Elves of Deep Shadow, Elvish Mystic, Llanowar Elves, Fyndhorn Elves, Arbor Elf, Boreal Druid, Bloom Tender, Priest of Titania, Faeburrow Elder
Key Mana Ramp (Other):
Collector Ouphe, Notion Thief, Ashiok, Dream Render, Narset, Parter of Veils, Null Rod, Linvala, Keeper of Silence, Cursed Totem, Grafdigger's Cage, Chains of Mephistopheles, Rest in Peace, Aven Mindcensor, Drannith Magistrate
Key Blue Countermagic:
Swan Song, Spell Pierce, Flusterstorm, Miscast, Dispel, Force of Will, Force of Negation, Mental Misstep, Fierce Guardianship, Pact of Negation, Mana Drain, Dovin's Veto, Drown in the Loch, Counterspell
Key Non-Blue Countermagic:
Chain of Vapor, Swords to Plowshares, Nature's Claim, Dismember, Fatal Push, Vandalblast, Winds of Abandon, Cyclonic Rift, Gilded Drake, Oko, Thief of Crowns, Legacy's Allure, Abrade, Abrupt Decay, Assassin's Trophy, Drown in the Loch, By Force, Shattering Spree, Natural State
Lands are Fetches, Horizon Duals, Og Duals, Shocks, Pain lands, sometimes triomes, sometimes the castles. Command Tower, City of Brass, Mana Confluence, Exotic Orchard, Forbidden Orchard, Gemstone Caverns, Gemstone Mine, Ancient Tomb, Gaea's Cradle, Wirewood Lodge, Mystic Sanctuary
1 month ago
Free for all win vs. Nekusar, Ilharg, Estird and Otrimi.
1 month ago
Testing for zAzen7977's list rn
1 month ago
- Nekusar, the Mindrazer hes a great commander if you wanted to change format for this deck style is really funny.
- The biggest issue with the deck is running Reliquary Tower and Underworld Dreams in the same deck you really need both effects, but the mana base is very hard to get by with.
- When deciding between these two decks ill say one is more comboy which means itll feel the same each game basically this one is mostly synergy so it'll feel different playing it each time.
- Forced Fruition is 6 mana. Youll probably hit your land drops on time due to card draw but thats still 6 turns (5 at the soonest).
- Fast lands like Sulfur Falls are great but you wanna run 3 max. They dont work well together. If your opener is just a 2-1 split of your fast lands your gonna be behind. (Shocklands are worth it).
- Consider the following: Teferi's Ageless Insight, Ominous Seas, Blasphemous Act, Fate Unraveler, Molten Psyche, Spiteful Visions, Whispering Madness + unblockable creature, Ob Nixilis, the Hate-Twisted, Dictate of Kruphix, Megrim, Dark Deal, Waste Not, (Magus of the Wheel is sadly not legal :( ), Psychosis Crawler, Howling Mine, Liliana's Caress, Temple Bell, Incendiary Command, Prosperity, Dragon Mage, Fell Specter, Kess, Dissident Mage, Sangromancer, Magus of the Jar, Laboratory Maniac, Thassa's Oracle, Nadir Kraken, Consecrated Sphinx, Baleful Strix, Sire Of Insanity, Reverberate, Wheel of Fate, Echo of Eons, Burning Inquiry, Scheming Symmetry, Font of Mythos, Otherworld Atlas, Spellbook, Crawlspace or Ensnaring Bridge, Jace Beleren, Ashiok, Dream Render, Jace, Wielder of Mysteries, Narset, Parter of Veils, Geier Reach Sanitarium.
- I hope thats helpful. There's a lot of similar affects so theres a lot of routes to go.
3 months ago
bernardofox Bitter Ordeal is an excellent card. I feel if I ran more Baubles I'd probably be playing it. I defaulted to grasp; may swap if I can get some testing in. Also, it really depends on when you play her. So, if you get to play her and than a Dark Deal the table will basically be on lock for a few rotations and you'll likely be too far ahead. Now, if you play her too early without any information or interaction you'll probably end up screwing yourself - all about timing it's high risk high reward. You can also flash her out with Emergence Zone to get the first search.