Sacrifice a creature: Gain one mana of any colour.
|Have (3)||, winterwind10 , Bluboltar|
|Want (10)||Huntath , Aaryanna , HoosCrazy , mtndewd , Umbravocare , Quickflash , AsanoDekki , Nukesforbreakfast , sagus , jecder|
Printings View all
|Ultimate Masters (UMA)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
- Blood Artist + Gravecrawler + Phyrexian Altar
- Nim Deathmantle + Phyrexian Altar + Su-Chi
- Diregraf Captain + Gravecrawler + Phyrexian Altar
- Phyrexian Altar + Woodfall Primus + Zameck Guildmage
- Golgari Germination + Nether Traitor + Phyrexian Altar
- Kamahl, Fist of Krosa + Phyrexian Altar
- Endless Cockroaches + Phyrexian Altar
- Glen Elendra Archmage + Phyrexian Altar + Spark Double
- Karmic Guide + Phyrexian Altar + Saffi Eriksdotter
- Phyrexian Altar + Renata, Called to the Hunt + Woodfall Primus
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Phyrexian Altar occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.08%
WB (Orzhov): 0.66%
Phyrexian Altar Discussion
12 hours ago
Hey, nice deck! As a combo Hogaak player myself looking at your list I’m wondering if I am missing something, which is how do you win the game? I looked at win condition section but to be sure after drawing your deck you need to play guildmage and Phyrexian Altar then use its ability to go infinite am I right? But what happens if you mill these pieces? You surely can’t always hope to get all the pieces you need in hand? Also you need kind of a lot of mana and I’ve found getting zombie infestation and greater good both on the battlefield at the same time isn’t the most realistic thing to expect to happen all the time. But let’s say you do find and play both greater good and zombie infestation. The turn you do that you basically still need an additional 3 mana to play phyrexian altar?
In my Hogaak list after I’ve drawn/milled my entire deck (by the way Greater Good and Desecrated Tomb draws/ mills the entire deck as well) I can win with no cards in hand, no mana open, just all the pieces in the graveyard and three creatures on the board with Necrotic Ooze combo. I’ve found this is an extremely efficient 0 mana way to win the game and very effective, so much that winning on turn 5/6 becomes very realistic and consistent. I just don’t like the idea that after we draw our entire deck we still require mana to win the game, it means we might have to wait to do the combo by a turn which leaves room for our opponents to interact with us.
2 days ago
It's a silly deck. The idea is to kill Kokusho, the Evening Star and revive to do it all over again.
Some obnoxious combos include:
- Sacrifice Kokusho to Phyrexian Altar for 1 Black Mana and gain the 5+ life from Kokusho, send him to your graveyard.
- Use the 1 Black Mana to activate Haunted Crossroads and put Kokusho on top of your library.
- Activate Bolas's Citadel and spend 6 life to put Kokusho back into play.
- Go to step 1.
- You'll need over 50 life
- Send your beam of 50 damage to someone from Aetherflux Reservoir
- Gain the life back from Exquisite Blood
- Go to step 2.
- This is cheap and everyone knows it.
- Have both out.
- Do damage.
6 days ago
1 week ago
You could also go with Painter's Servant + Phyrexian Altar + Training Grounds. All three are decent outside of the combo, but together you get 2 faeries for the cost of 1 coloured mana (either blue or black) which you can then generate from the Altar by sacing one of the faeries.
1 week ago
- Deadeye Navigator and Peregrine Drake
- Gravecrawler, Phyrexian Altar/Ashnod's Altar, and Rooftop Storm (as long as you control another zombie)
- Rings of Brighthearth and Basalt Monolith/Grim Monolith
1 week ago
Heya, love your videos. Excited to see you play Xyris since I fell in love with it. I just have a few suggestions to improve the deck. Cards like Battle Hymn, Phyrexian Altar, Xenagos, the Reveler and especially Earthcraft generate insane amounts of mana from your wheels and allow you to chain wheels together and dig for a wincon. They do massiv work for me in my Xyris deck and make the deck play storm-like. Feel free to take a look at my list and description, maybe you find some new toys to play with. Would love to see some of that stuff in future videos :-)
1 week ago
If I could, I'd vote up once for the name, once for the theme and once for the comments above.
I'd also strongly recommend a Burnished Hart for ramp to go with your Solemn Simulacrum
1 week ago
Cards that produce mana for your tokens work extremely well in my Xyris. Battle Hymn or Xenagos, the Reveler are cheap ones, there are more expensive options like Earthcraft or Phyrexian Altar too. Feel free to check my list to get an idea. It runs extremely well and explosive so far