|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Sacrifice a creature: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (2)||Lucretian , maR2307|
|Want (10)||_raeofsunlight , Big-Foot , Psycheretic , TheAlmostHero , golgarigirl , VoidCaster113 , HyperJujibiter , sonnet666 , TheLazyGrim , Qolorful|
Phyrexian Altar Discussion
21 hours ago
Actually, I just noticed another couple cards you could try. You already are playing Diregraf Captain, which if you are looking for another combo, it works with Gravecrawler and Phyrexian Altar. If all three are in play you can sacrifice and recast the gravecrawler infinite times using the altar to get a B mana each time you sac it. Then you make target opponent(s) one at a time lose 1 life for each occurrence. Happy brewing!
2 days ago
2 days ago
I would recommend Alchemist's Refuge, Aethersnatch, Gather Specimens, Insidious Will, Kefnet's Last Word, Confiscation Coup, and Dack Fayden. I played a deck similarly with Mizzix (It is now time to put on your 3-D glasses). You may also want to consider Ashnod's Altar and Phyrexian Altar to say opponents creatures after you steal them, or sac your own so they can't be manipulated.
4 days ago
You can get more advantage of your commander's ability if you do the sacrifice: Typical sac outlets like Ashnod's Altar, Phyrexian Altar, Altar of Dementia, Carrion Feeder, Razaketh, the Foulblooded, Sadistic Hypnotist, Viscera Seer and also, sac fodder: Bloodghast, Bloodsoaked Champion, Nether Traitor, Reassembling Skeleton.
Also, what do you think about Horobi, Death's Wail?
6 days ago
Lots of goodies to consider before Disciple likely. Sitting here looking at:
- ramp (Elvish Mystic, Bloom Tender, Gaea's Cradle, Cabal Coffers/Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth)
- midrange-y goodness (Grave Titan, Avenger of Zendikar, Craterhoof Behemoth, Lord of Extinction)
- a Necrotic Ooze combo (Walking Ballista, Phyrexian Devourer, Mikaeus, the Unhallowed/Triskelion)
- dredge package (Golgari Grave-Troll, Stinkweed Imp, Life from the Loam)
- table drain (Gray Merchant of Asphodel, Exquisite Blood, Massacre Wurm)
- attrition package (Merciless Executioner, Fleshbag Marauder, Desolation)
- creature based targetted removal (Reclamation Sage, Caustic Caterpillar, Woodfall Primus)
- stax package (Thorn of Amethyst, Sphere of Resistance, Contamination, Null Rod)
- tutor package (Buried Alive, Birthing Pod, Demonic Tutor, Vampiric Tutor, Sidisi, Undead Vizier)
- better sac outlets (Phyrexian Altar, Ashnod's Altar, Viscera Seer, Greater Good)
- general good stuff (Sylvan Library, Damnation, Mana Crypt)
6 days ago
If you are only looking for one, then Death Baron is your best bet, although it definitely depends on your build/strategy. That said, in zombie tribal, Undead Warchief and Diregraf Captain are both very strong as well, with Cemetery Reaper and Zombie Master after that. As previously noted, if you are running Gravecrawler, then Diregraf is a must, and I'd recommend Carrion Feeder as well. Add a Phyrexian Altar, and you can infinite combo to win.
1 week ago
Lastly, I really like putting white tokens at instant speed with Secure the Wastes.
1 week ago
WalkingIllusion: I'm already running most of those combos, if you look in the "Win Conditions" section of the deck description :) I'm running Murder of Crows already, but I prefer to use Altar of Dementia/Phyrexian Altar in place of Blasting Station. Not to mention Skullclamp+ Altar, or Kindred Discovery haha.
Thanks for your comment! You're welcome to upvote the deck if you think it's solid ;)