|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Oath of the Gatewatch (OGW)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Call the Gatewatch
Search your library for a planeswalker card, reveal it, and put it into your hand. Then shuffle your library.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (32)||Pylioz , Lucretian , Wazerwifle , Mousemke , jstn.mrrtt , duff87 , Skydra2 , electrolynx , Jauntu , Epidilius , NCN946 , NivStormfront , The_Munchkin , mziter501 , Va1mar , Wolfebladeelite , The_Grape , Florg , saj0219 , PTsmitty , bakeraj4 , Pumpkinking913 , ninjaclevs13 , Regulus1010 , twistedmage , asinausk , TrackerD , Nemesis , TheRealPeaches , clayperce , ACCG , Doom_of_Valyria|
|Want (15)||Xue-Kaihua , relyks16 , Drakeslade12 , Facecheck , SirSharkington , RoninH3RO , Talonisnthavingit , kovellen , swarlelion , Sivart , Bouncytube , tazartheyoot , rikimaru188 , Queltherio , tjaptjaptjeroe|
Call the Gatewatch Discussion
3 weeks ago
Two things, his CMC is a little high and he's missing the #1 walker card... Doubling Season.
I'd also like to offer a slew of cuts... It should also be noted that I play this same deck, which you can find here
Commander / EDH*
SCORE: 5 | 9 COMMENTS | 344 VIEWS | IN 2 FOLDERS
I'd take a look at it for some more suggestions than I am going to state here on this post.
- Curator's ward: Its actually pretty good tech, but... unless you are playing against a deck that is damage or specifically targets walkers this card is a waste. For 3 CMC you could be playing Call the Gatewatch instead.
- Oath Of Gideon: Honestly I've played with this card and it just doesn't do it for me, one extra counter generally doesn't help me at all and so it ends up being a dead card.
- Saving Grace: Again good tech, however you don't play a lot of creatures so 70% of the time this is going to fail to enchant a creature and die.
- Djeru, With Eyes Open: The only good part about this card is the tutor part, which again you can get from Call the Gatewatch at 3 CMC
- Exquisite Archangel: I'd advise running Stunning Reversal in its place, it's instant speed, it's less, and it allows you to take your opponent by surprise. With the angel they know that's a thing and a kill spell or board wipe deals with it.
- Resolute Archangel: I get why this card is appealing but I think it's unnessecary and doesn't add value to your deck and overall strategy.
- All the Fogs: Fogs or spells like fog, all just delay the inevitable. If someone is going to attack you and that kill you or your walkers wouldn't you rather just deal with their boardstate? I would.
- Deploy The Gatewatch: You need a majority percent of your deck to be walkers for this card to be effective, and even if you did have a good percentage there's such a possibility to wiff is just too great. I'd rather just play Jace, the Mind Sculptor and Sensei's Divining Top to control the top of my deck instead.
- Profound Journey: Creeping Renaissance is cheaper, and can be flashed back to do again. I get that it brings it to the Battlefield but it's only two cards out of your graveyard vs. dozens.
- Settle The Score: I get it, but just run Path to Exile and Swords to Plowshares, this card is just a "win more" card and it's too expensive to be effective.
- All of the banners: Replace them with Coalition Relic and Chromatic Lantern trust me this is a much better solution than the banners.
I'm going to offer some general suggestions. So... More board wipes as they don't effect you because you can continually pump out tokens every turn with your walkers. More staples, play with more big staples like Leyline of Anticipation, Cyclonic Rift and Rhystic Study. MOR WALKERS!!! You dont' even have a Tamiyo, Field Researcher the most broken of Walkers! More value, make sure your cards bring you as much value as possible; creatures like Arena Rector and Captain Sisay (walkers have been change to be legendary) and Jhoira, Weatherlight Captain all of those care about walkers.
Take a look at my deck and you can find a bunch of walkers, staples, boardwipes, and cards that are high value in a walker deck.
4 weeks ago
I love a good discussion and debate so thank you guys for all your suggestions and opinions as well as keeping it civil. Honestly, don't ever worry about taking up too much space in the comments as I'm always willing to read what people have to say as long as it's polite and constructive!
1 month ago
PhyrexianWombat yeah, I think since MTG is generally played by people in their free time, and since unlike Hearthstone or another online game you really won't ever play against the people you communicate with online (unless you play MTGO or XMage or something) and so are distanced enough from it not to have much emotional attachment as you talk about the game, and that leads to pretty civil discussions, which can bring new ideas to each player and be beneficial in general. Not to say there is nothing toxic in the MTG community (I used to be pretty toxic if I say so myself), it depends on the players, however I would certainly say even the most toxic users on Tappedout are pretty tame and rare in comparison to a lot of other communities, which is pretty sweet!
Since you run the three Hautli's, could Call the Gatewatch find some use to toolbox between the three?
1 month ago
You should be able to make a walker variant, without a lot of trouble, I think keeping in cards that help your walkers ultimate like Deepglow Skate and Inexorable Tide is what you want to keep in, along with ramp and card draw, and countermagic/removal. Otherwise most of the creatures can be dropped for two main types of walkers, and a third minor type:
Type 1: The type that draws cards/makes mana/tutors. This type are along the lines of Ajani, Mentor of Heroes, Dovin Baan, Tamiyo, Field Researcher, Ob Nixilis Reignited, Liliana Vess, Freyalise, Llanowar's Fury, Narset Transcendent, Nissa, Vital Force, Teferi, Temporal Archmage, and Tezzeret the Seeker .
Type 3 would be the type that wins the game, but most do that with the ultimate, so I will skip it.
2 months ago
3 months ago
For budget color fixing you could run the fetch lands from Mirage: Flood Plain, Bad River, & Grasslands. They come out tapped, but that also makes them affordable. You could also run the Bant Panorama since are your most common colors, but I wouldn't run the other panorama fetch lands. Also, you can add more cards that have Basic Landcycling. You already have Ash Barrens, but you could also run something like Sylvan Reclamation, which could be used for either landcycling or it's normal effect. Wayfarer's Bauble has a similar effect to basic landcycling except it really does ramp you, and Expedition Map can be used to tutor Seaside Citadel. Kodama's Reach would help significantly. Then there are also the staple Burnished Hart and Solemn Simulacrum that can also chump-block on behalf of your planeswalkers. You could also do with 1 less land, 38 is probably good for your Mana curve. When removing lands, first go for lands that don't produce mana on their own like Darkwater Catacombs, and then lands that cost mana to play as if they were a spell, like Rupture Spire, and then start removing ones that come out tapped no matter what you do like Meandering River versus Glacial Fortress. Opal Palace would be a great way to play your commander and imediately have a counter on her.
Also consider Thalia's Lancers since they can now tutor any planeswalker now that all planeswalkers are legendary. As well as Call the Gatewatch, Deploy the Gatewatch, Djeru, With Eyes Open, & Arena Rector.
4 months ago
5 months ago
really cool deck idea! some suggestions, maybe cut some more lands for Sleight of Hand to help dig for gideon or grace? also Call the Gatewatch is being used only to look for gideon why not run a transmute 3 card so that you have the flexibility of grabbing Glorious End as well? just some ideas.