|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2013 (C13)||Common|
|MTG: Commander (CMD)||Common|
Combos Browse all
Each player draws two cards.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Vision Skeins Discussion
JuQ on Brago Flicker
4 days ago
Unquestioned Authority instead of Holy Mantle (when brago flickers it, you draw a card)
Stonecloaker or Angel of Finality instead of Disposal Mummy
Chart a Course instead of Vision Skeins or basically any other decent draw spell.
Counterspell instead of Dream Fracture
Return to Dust instead of Disenchant
Pull from Tomorrow instead of Inspiration
Concentrate instead of Weave Fate
Scrivener instead of Call to Mind (you have few sorceries anyway)
Ghostway and Eerie Interlude instead of Acrobatic Maneuver and Cloudshift flickering until end of turn will make you avoid board wipes without having to counter it.
Whispersilk Cloak instead of Unbender Tine what's so important to untap anyway?
Cathars' Crusade and/or Call for Unity as finishers.
Duplicant, Deadeye Harpooner, Fiend Hunter (if this one leaves the battlefield when his first ability is still on the stack, he won't give anything back) and /or Phyrexian Ingester as removal.
Venser, the Sojourner because it's just awesome with Brago: You -1 to make all your stuff inblockable, then Brago flickers it and you +2 to flicker something. Rinse and repeat.
2 weeks ago
I built this deck for Commander league. I played 3 round in it tonight. I had lots of fun playing it. Round 1 placed 2nd with 1 guy scoping kinda sucked that he did that. then proceeded to sit there and say we wouldn't let him do anything. 2nd round I in a pod with the same guy that scoped and now he is playing a land destruction deck turn 2 Impending Disaster and end up in last place. Last round I turn 3 i Maralen of the Mornsong an let the fun combo decks go off 1 guy scoops cause no one will kill my Maralen of the Mornsong and him being mono green i don't think he had any real answers for it. All in all i had a blast. Still learning it and did some of the leaner meaner swaps taking more of the tutor stuff. still not really sure is i should copy Mana Leak or Vision Skeins to Isochron Scepter mostly just played it by ear. As a new magic play I'm still leaning a lot and lots more to learn. went with Never, Cruel Ultimatum, Obelisk of Grixis, Manalith, Evacuation, Planar Portal, Razaketh's Rite, and Nicol Bolas, Planeswalker.
3 weeks ago
3 weeks ago
One with Nothing beats this.
Lol in all seriousness this deck looks sweet. To add what ppls above have said, I suggest adding Vision Skeins to force your opponent to draw cards as well as yourself. There might be better cards than Visions tho, I only did a quick search.
+1 from me
1 month ago
2 months ago
Some changes I'd do and try out how they fare:
- Sol Ring (Illegal in our playgroup) run a dork instead
- Simic Keyrune - Play mana Dorks instead
- Vision Skeins - Play better draw spells for only you
- Flash Counter - Play better version of this
- Siren Stormtamer - Play better version of this
- Chasm Skulker - we don't synergize with this
- Tempt with Discovery - there's better ramp that's just for us
- Solemn Simulacrum - we are in green
- Creeping Mold - too expensive
- Pathrazer of Ulamog - Doesn't have a cast trigger, but we cast eldrazi
- Baloth Woodcrasher - We are not in limited or in landfall
- Scaled Behemoth - We are not in limited
- Gauntlet of Power - We are in 2 Colors
- Lightning Greaves - our commander is frequently not a creature
- Swiftfoot Boots - our commander is frequently not a creature
- Imprisoned in the Moon - the green one is better
- Song of the Dryads - Better than imprison in the moon. Binds everything until removed
- Doubling Cube - Should be very awesome with kruphix
- Nature's Claim - cheap instant speed removal
- Paradox Engine - we run counters and can keep our nonland mana so this should yield a lot of mana
- Vedalken Orrery - I think we like a lot of flash in this deck
- Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir - Flash for us and slowmo for the others? Yes please!
- Dispel - cheaper than flash counter. Maybe play Swan Song instead of it.
- Everflowing Chalice - bestest manarock to dump mana in
- Brainstorm - best draw spell ever
- Staff of Nin - draw a card a turn and kill some mana dorks
- Fyndhorn Elves - mana dork
- Heroic Intervention - Protect's kurphix and therefore our accumulated mana
- Simic Charm - same as interverntion
- Turn Aside - see above. might be one too many but hey. if it's too much protection run more dorks.
- Freyalise, Llanowar's Fury - she spits dorks. could be very awesome
- Jace, the Mind Sculptor - Brainstorm every turn and an alternate wincon in a lockdown situation. Best walker ever.