|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Vintage Masters (VMA)||Common|
|Masters Edition (MED)||Common|
|Fallen Empires (FEM)||Common|
|Promo Set (000)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Until end of turn, whenever a player taps an Island for mana, that player adds to his or her mana pool (in addition to the mana the land produces).
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
High Tide Discussion
1 day ago
Aftershock - Oh, so flexible. Puzzles me how this is not a mono- staple.
Rack and Ruin - Same goes for this card. With the amount of Artifacts in the game this will never be a dead card.
Dust to Dust - What can i say? I just love the cycle.
Peace and Quiet - A little more conditional as the artifact iterations, yet still super cheap for its effect.
Ashes to Ashes - Doesn't hit Artifact Creatures, other than that: brutal.
Wicked Pact - Not as great as the above card, but i've seen it do great things as a filler card in new brews.
Repopulate - Instant speed gy hate for decks that don't have access to , don't want to loose the element of surprise by running artifact solutions. Plus, it has cycling. Love it!
Dauthi Embrace - Unblockable2 plus insane political potential!
Soothsaying - Might not be a hidden gem exactly, still an awesome mana sync.
Erratic Portal - With so many people joking about EDH basically being ETB by now, this is easily abusable and somewhat political at times, too.
Sudden Death - An instant speed creature removal that ignores indestuctible, get's rid of the vast majority or creatures in the format and hoses Breya, Etherium Shaper before activation. Just look at it!
2 days ago
6 days ago
also, Mikoroko, center of the sea is really good draw, and plays the political game. Declaration of naught feels like a tad too many counterspells to me, and its quite a slow one. High Tide would make for crazy turns with extraplanar lens to pump out those krakens.
1 week ago
This looks like a really nice deck to play in multiplayer EDH (FYI, I really like what you've said in your description on the differences between single/multiplayer EDH).
As you tend to use High Tide in your combo's a lot, I was thinking Extraplanar Lens could also be a nice addition (although I get that you're using Tide purely when you want to combo off; still worth considering though).
2 weeks ago
You cast High Tide for 1 blue mana then until the end of the turn, all your islands tap for 2 blue mana. Say you have 5 islands out. You tap one for 1 mana then you can tap the other 4 and then you have 8 mana to spend.
2 weeks ago
I wrote a bit comment and it got eaten by TappedOut. So, apologies for the brevity on this rewrite. These are a few suggestions based on a similar deck of mine.
- Mind's Desire and Temporal Fissure are both excellent storm payoffs. The former is one of the best hits from Epic Experiment and the latter can bounce every land as a pseudo Time Walk if you need to swing with tokens.
- Sphinx-Bone Wand and Docent of Perfection Flip are two additional options for win-cons if you so desire.
- Pull from the Deep and Mystic Retrieval are good options for re-casting your rituals/untap effects
- More free spells like Frantic Search or Rewind might be worth it. The latter can at worst counter your own spells with High Tide.
- I personally really like Eye of the Storm. It's expensive, it can backfire, but if you untap with it, it's almost impossible to lose. It goes effectively infinite with a lot of cards.
- Mizzix of the Izmagnus is almost definitely worth it.
- I think the 1-shot token producers are probably not that great. They're reasonably good with Purphoros, but I don't think that's worth 6 slots in the deck. Don't worry about creature count in Melek. A lot of Melek decks actually go creatureless for the Proteus Staff combo.
- Phyrexian Altar is probably really borderline unless you're running something like Fall of the Titans to just win without having to go an extra turn by saccing out all of your Empty the Warrens tokens.
- Strionic Resonator is at best a very situational fork in Melek. It's probably better to spend your mana on a cheap cantrip / draw spell like Gitaxian Probe or Treasure Cruise.
- Echo Mage is really expensive and vulnerable for its effect. You have to pump 7 mana and wait a turn to copy 1 spell. At that point, you're probably better off casting Eye of the Storm.