Creature — Merfolk Warrior
When Whirlpool Warrior enters the battlefield, shuffle the cards from your hand into your library, then draw that many cards.
(Red), Sacrifice Whirlpool Warrior: Each player shuffles the cards from his or her hand into his or her library, then draws that many cards.
|Want (2)||Zacblu10 , jgtanq|
Printings View all
|Planechase Anthology (PCA)||None|
|Planechase 2012 Edition (PC2)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Whirlpool Warrior occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%
Whirlpool Warrior Discussion
2 months ago
Hey, if playing wheel effects then Narset, Parter of Veils preventing your opponents from drawing, but you still draw is busted. Windfall is another wheel and Jace's Archivist can be a repeatable Windfall. Whirlpool Warrior is two wheels.
Brainstorm , Ponder , Izzet Charm , Frantic Search are all good budget low mana cost draw. Talisman of Creativity and Izzet Signet are budget two drop Izzet mana rocks. If you enchant Niv with Curiosity or Ophidian Eye and then draw a card it creates a loop, an infinite combo, that draws your deck and kills your opponents. Good luck with your deck.
5 months ago
Ad Nauseam used to be in the list, but I eventually cut it, mostly when Paradox Engine got banned and a number of cards like Cabal Ritual became much weaker. The deck runs a LOT of win cons and a very high number of powerful tutors. Part of the reason I like running the Laboratory Maniac and Spellseeker combination is because it makes it much safer to cast Demonic Consultation as an extremely powerful (albeit risky) tutor than if I were just running Jace, Wielder of Mysteries alone. With that in mind, Ad Nauseam is more overkill in this deck than it is in other decks. As a meta note: because of the recent printing of several powerful counterspells (and Narset's Reversal ) and because much of the meta surrounds powerful, game ending instants ( Flash , Demonic Consultation , Ad Nauseam , and to a lesser extent Divergent Transformations ), most metas are going to shift to include more low-cost instant hate. Ad Nauseam without Angel's Grace is only strong between turns 3 and 4 and gets noticeably weaker as the game grinds on, unlike Demonic Consultation or Divergent Transformations . So you can't really wait for the perfect moment to cast Ad Nauseam . That said, I would still recommend testing Ad Nauseam in a Notion Thief and Whirlpool Warrior based version, because of the cute synergy between Whirlpool Warrior and Ad Nauseam .
Still, if Whirlpool Warrior and Notion Thief isn't up your ally, you could try Godo, Bandit Warlord and Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir . Godo would search for Helm of the Host . The problem with this combination is that you're devoting three slots of your deck to largely worthless cards. Not to mention the high cost to equip the helm.
5 months ago
w3ncy Notion Thief and Whirlpool Warrior is a great combination, too. Keep in mind, if you plan on using that as your win condition, you will also want Narset, Parter of Veils , Windfall , Wheel of Fortune , and most unfortunately Timetwister . Because I don't like to use proxies, I avoid using that combination because Timetwister makes it much more powerful.
7 months ago
My wife's deck is a locust god deck. Need to update the tapped out deck but a couple cheap cards that are crazy good are Whirlpool Rider and Whirlpool Warrior . They are such a cheap way to go through your deck. The bigger your hand when you start the better they are.
9 months ago
Whir of Invention , Whirlpool Warrior , and Fabricate have all been added with Niblis of Frost , Arcane Denial , and Wee Dragonauts have been removed. Almost there. Just need the expensive mana rocks and volcanic island left.
9 months ago
Hey, to really speed your deck up you're going to unfortunately have to spend more money on better mana rocks and lands. That being said here's some budget options to help to improve your deck.
Cards to consider adding:
- Shivan Reef : ETB untapped to make colorless, red or blue mana.
- Ash Barrens : ETB untapped to make colorless mana or best of all can be discarded from hand to search for a basic land.
- Grixis Panorama : ETB untapped to make colorless mana and can be saced later on to find a basic Island or Mountain.
- Mystic Remora : one of the best repeatable sources of card draw in multiplayer Commander.
- Fellwar Stone : two drop mana rock that ETB untapped.
- Mystical Tutor : tutor for any instant or sorcery.
- Gamble : tutor for any card.
- Merchant Scroll : tutor for an blue instant.
- Twincast : copy any instant or sorcery. When you have multiple opponents this is very versatile or copy your own spell and get an additional effect for an additional two mana.
- Reverberate : same as Twincast.
- Chaos Warp : permanent removal, removal for Smothering Tithe .
- Chain of Vapor : nonland permanent bounce, bounce Smothering before you wheel or mass draw.
- Abrade : kill a creature or a mana rock.
- Reality Shift : instant exile is good in Commander.
- Bident of Thassa : lots of card draw with Insects, double your Insect army just by doing combat damage to an opponent, win condition with several cards here.
- Whirlpool Warrior : two wheels.
- Psychosis Crawler : more mana efficient win condition when drawing.
- Izzet Charm : versatile.
- Expedition Map : tutor for Reliquary Tower or Command Tower. Just being able to get Reliquary is worth it.
- Pull from Tomorrow : another good instant mass draw spell.
If you like some of these suggestions then I offer help to make cuts. Good luck with your deck.
10 months ago
Hey, nice start, but The Locust God is fueled by mass draw spells and I don't see very many here.
Archivist is good and his ability is called a wheel. You'll hear this term a lot in Commander and what it means is all players or just you shuffle some number of cards from hands and/or graveyard into library and then draw cards. This effect is very good with Locust because he triggers for each single draw therefore if you draw seven cards you make seven 1/1 Insects. Drawing seven of more cards from casting one card is very good.
Budget cards ($4 or less each) to consider adding:
- Shivan Reef
- Desolate Lighthouse
- Windfall : wheel for all players.
- Whirlpool Warrior : two wheels, one for you and one for all players.
- Skullclamp : with Locust depending on how much mana you have is a lot of draw and 1/1 Insects. By equipping a 1/1 Insect this kill it, but as a result you draw two cards and make two more Insects.
- Pull from Tomorrow
- Blue Sun's Zenith : reusable mass draw.
- Brainstorm : draw three for one mana.
- Magus of the Wheel : wheel for all players.
- Whirlpool Rider : wheel for you.
- Bident of Thassa : draw cards when 1/1 Insects hit an opponent which makes more insects.
- Coastal Piracy : same as Bident.
- Mystic Remora : one of the best sources of repeatable draw in multiplayer Commander.
- Library of Leng : another effect of no maximum hand size. You already have Tower that does this, but some redundancy is helpful for this effect since it's pretty important to have when drawing a lot of cards.
- Psychosis Crawler : make your opponents lose life when you draw cards and it can get very big.
- Impact Tremors : whenever a 1/1 Insect token is created this does 1 damage to each opponent.
- Expedition Map : tutor for Reliquary Tower.
Cards to consider cutting:
- Flame Fusillade
- Renegade Tactics
- Slip Through Space
- Warlord's Fury
- Dual Casting
- Jalira, Master Polymorphist
- Brudiclad, Telchor Engineer
- Rummaging Goblin
- Epic Experiment
- Mechanized Production
Good luck with your deck.