|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Planechase Anthology (PCA)||None|
|Planechase 2012 Edition (PC2)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Merfolk Warrior
When Whirlpool Warrior enters the battlefield, shuffle the cards from your hand into your library, then draw that many cards.
(Red), Sacrifice Whirlpool Warrior: Each player shuffles the cards from his or her hand into his or her library, then draws that many cards.
|Have (4)||Brutus1 , sonnet666 , PTsmitty , rockleemyhero|
|Want (4)||Nuregami , dendr1te , One_Random_ID , DEasy353|
Whirlpool Warrior Discussion
1 month ago
My wife's deck is a locust god deck. Need to update the tapped out deck but a couple cheap cards that are crazy good are Whirlpool Rider and Whirlpool Warrior . They are such a cheap way to go through your deck. The bigger your hand when you start the better they are.
3 months ago
Whir of Invention , Whirlpool Warrior , and Fabricate have all been added with Niblis of Frost , Arcane Denial , and Wee Dragonauts have been removed. Almost there. Just need the expensive mana rocks and volcanic island left.
3 months ago
Hey, to really speed your deck up you're going to unfortunately have to spend more money on better mana rocks and lands. That being said here's some budget options to help to improve your deck.
Cards to consider adding:
- Shivan Reef : ETB untapped to make colorless, red or blue mana.
- Ash Barrens : ETB untapped to make colorless mana or best of all can be discarded from hand to search for a basic land.
- Grixis Panorama : ETB untapped to make colorless mana and can be saced later on to find a basic Island or Mountain.
- Mystic Remora : one of the best repeatable sources of card draw in multiplayer Commander.
- Fellwar Stone : two drop mana rock that ETB untapped.
- Mystical Tutor : tutor for any instant or sorcery.
- Gamble : tutor for any card.
- Merchant Scroll : tutor for an blue instant.
- Twincast : copy any instant or sorcery. When you have multiple opponents this is very versatile or copy your own spell and get an additional effect for an additional two mana.
- Reverberate : same as Twincast.
- Chaos Warp : permanent removal, removal for Smothering Tithe .
- Chain of Vapor : nonland permanent bounce, bounce Smothering before you wheel or mass draw.
- Abrade : kill a creature or a mana rock.
- Reality Shift : instant exile is good in Commander.
- Bident of Thassa : lots of card draw with Insects, double your Insect army just by doing combat damage to an opponent, win condition with several cards here.
- Whirlpool Warrior : two wheels.
- Psychosis Crawler : more mana efficient win condition when drawing.
- Izzet Charm : versatile.
- Expedition Map : tutor for Reliquary Tower or Command Tower. Just being able to get Reliquary is worth it.
- Pull from Tomorrow : another good instant mass draw spell.
If you like some of these suggestions then I offer help to make cuts. Good luck with your deck.
4 months ago
Hey, nice start, but The Locust God is fueled by mass draw spells and I don't see very many here.
Archivist is good and his ability is called a wheel. You'll hear this term a lot in Commander and what it means is all players or just you shuffle some number of cards from hands and/or graveyard into library and then draw cards. This effect is very good with Locust because he triggers for each single draw therefore if you draw seven cards you make seven 1/1 Insects. Drawing seven of more cards from casting one card is very good.
Budget cards ($4 or less each) to consider adding:
- Shivan Reef
- Desolate Lighthouse
- Windfall : wheel for all players.
- Whirlpool Warrior : two wheels, one for you and one for all players.
- Skullclamp : with Locust depending on how much mana you have is a lot of draw and 1/1 Insects. By equipping a 1/1 Insect this kill it, but as a result you draw two cards and make two more Insects.
- Pull from Tomorrow
- Blue Sun's Zenith : reusable mass draw.
- Brainstorm : draw three for one mana.
- Magus of the Wheel : wheel for all players.
- Whirlpool Rider : wheel for you.
- Bident of Thassa : draw cards when 1/1 Insects hit an opponent which makes more insects.
- Coastal Piracy : same as Bident.
- Mystic Remora : one of the best sources of repeatable draw in multiplayer Commander.
- Library of Leng : another effect of no maximum hand size. You already have Tower that does this, but some redundancy is helpful for this effect since it's pretty important to have when drawing a lot of cards.
- Psychosis Crawler : make your opponents lose life when you draw cards and it can get very big.
- Impact Tremors : whenever a 1/1 Insect token is created this does 1 damage to each opponent.
- Expedition Map : tutor for Reliquary Tower.
Cards to consider cutting:
- Flame Fusillade
- Renegade Tactics
- Slip Through Space
- Warlord's Fury
- Dual Casting
- Jalira, Master Polymorphist
- Brudiclad, Telchor Engineer
- Rummaging Goblin
- Epic Experiment
- Mechanized Production
Good luck with your deck.
4 months ago
4 months ago
Karplusan Minotaur is an absolute monster.
Dont think I like Fog Bank , why are you stalling? Is this deck that slow? After seeing the whole deck, i like fogbank even less. It feels like a filler card Venser, Shaper Savant is a better call, Whirlpool Warrior I like better, it just feels like it doesnt help the greater goal ya know.
Goblin Artisans , surely there are better coin flip triggers out there.
I stand by Boompile , i think in here its better than the disk
i also suspect that while this deck is likely to win a lot its gonna be crap to play AGAINST. Im not generally a fan of cards that say "take an extra turn", but I guess when you think about it, if upkeeps or tapping creatures is how you generate your coin flips, then you need more untap phases, more upkeeps. Good build man
5 months ago
5 months ago
Whirlpool Warrior occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%