When Mystic Barrier enters the battlefield or at the beginning of your upkeep, choose left or right.
Each player may attack only the opponent seated nearest him or her in the last chosen direction and planeswalkers controlled by that player.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Mystic Barrier Discussion
3 weeks ago
Hey there as promised earlier, here are my suggestions. I will suggest what to take out and possible replacements for each.
(Take out these)Nissa, Voice of Zendikar, Kiora, Master of the Depths,Mystic Barrier, Isperia, Supreme Judge, Dictate of Karametra, Jace, the Living Guildpact, Creeping Renaissance, Garruk Relentless, Praetor's Counsel, Spreading Plague, Ob Nixilis of the Black Oath, Sorin, Grim Nemesis, Primal Surge, Citadel Siege, Jace, Memory Adept.
Also in terms of lands remove: Elfhame Palace, Orzhov Guildgate, Selesnya Guildgate, Tranquil Expanse, Golgari Rot Farm, Selesnya Sanctuary, Azorius Chancery. I could suggest a lot more like Thornwood Falls among others but I feel your wanting to keep the land base fairly budget still correct?
Now let me suggest some replacements...
Cyclonic Rift, Teferi, Temporal Archmage, Supreme Verdict, Anguished Unmaking, Sphere of Safety, Norn's Annex, No Mercy, Sol Ring, Astral Cornucopia, Fellwar Stone, Gilded Lotus, Spike Weaver, Exploration / Burgeoning, Venser, the Sojourner, Merciless Eviction, Skyshroud Claim, Mana Reflection, Rhystic Study, Sylvan Library, City of Brass, Reflecting Pool, Forbidden Orchard, Mana Confluence, Murmuring Bosk, Path to Exile, Swan Song, Disallow, Catastrophe, Mystical Tutor, and Demonic Tutor.
I better cut this to an end here, as I still got to look at your other decklists. But if you are wondering about any of my suggestions here / and or what to add if any from among my suggestions then just let me know!
1 month ago
Really great suggestions! All cards that I want for the deck, unfortunately, just like having a better mana-base, I don't really want to spend hundreds and hundreds of dollars on the deck, I'd rather just bide my time and maybe slowly acquire those cards through trades and such. However, I realized that I should create a maybeboard/aquireboard on here of the cards I want for the deck.
1 month ago
Font of Fertility
Genju of the Fields
Mark of Eviction
Seal of Removal
Vessel of Nascency
Wild Growth, Overgrowth, Fertile Ground, Gift of Paradise, Verdant Haven, Weirding Wood, Annex, Utopia Sprawl, Dawn's Reflection, Frontier Siege, Market Festival,
Font of Fortunes
Oath of Lieges
Seal of Cleansing and Seal of Primordium
Ancestral Mask, Auramancer's Guise,
Bounty of the Luxa
Collective Restraint, Dissipation Field,
Eidolon of Blossoms
Trial of Knowledge
Honden of Seeing Winds
Sigil of the Empty Throne
Fable of Wolf and Owl
Aura of Silence
Rest in Peace, Web of Inertia combo
2 months ago
A few non-standard includes here that I think are neat:
- Frontline Medic as another Iraos effect is neat.
- Jazal Goldmane as an alternative (and cheaper!) Pathbreaker Ibex is really cool
- Grave Titan seems pretty spicey for Saskia tokens. Seeing it here, I now wonder why it's run so little.
The mana base here seems extremely greedy. Only 1 mana rock and 36 lands for a 4.2 average CMC just seems a little too inconsistent.
Some possible adds:
- Odric, Master Tactician gives another way to push through damage without losing board presence.
- Brutal Hordechief (which you removed from the precon) may be worth another look for the same reason
- Odric, Lunarch Marshal lets you share some of the powerful keywords like Flying and Deathtouch
- Samut, Voice of Dissent is another haste enabler that can also share a reasonable keyword salad
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion can both produce tokens and provide a mostly one-sided board wipe
- Gahiji, Honored One is both a pump effect and can incentivize your opponents to attack each other
- Heliod, God of the Sun is msotly just going to be a vigilence enabler. I think its 4-mana "make one kind of crappy token" ability is a trap in Saskia (even though I love it in other decks)
- Sire Of Insanity seems worse at doing its job than the Conqueror's Flail that you removed from the stock list. Saskia tends to hold more cards than you'd think.
- Archetype of Aggression is mostly granting trample to things that aren't likely to use it very well. Most of your mass buffs that would make it useful grant trample anyway.
- Lurking Predators with only 29 creatures and no other top manipulation seems pretty ambitious. I get that it can filter away lands, but I can't imagine where you wouldn't rather just draw a threat instead.
- Mystic Barrier really hurts you when you have a wide board and draw mass pump. It's cute, and I fully support running it as a fun card, but it's usually going to hurt you more than help.
- Mardu Strike Leader seems right on the edge of worth it. Seems like a meta call, but it probably wouldn't feel terrible to lose it.
2 months ago
Sounds like you might want hatebear cards and global enchantments to slow the game down, or ways to punish people from attacking you. What about Ghostly Prison or Sphere of Safety or even a card like Hixus, Prison Warden? You can also try Mystic Barrier which can be ridiculously annoying. Also, Story Circle LOL
3 months ago
My deck performed pretty well tonight, but the combined power of enchantment-based destruction and counterspells was ultimately my undoing. Even with two effective card-draw engines, I really wish I had Wheel of Fortune at that point in the game, but maybe that's just desperation talking. Had I mulliganed more aggressively like you suggested, I probably would have won. I definitely avenged my loss from the previous game, just like this deck was designed to do.
I don't know that I encountered a point where Stony Silence or Null Rod would have been useful, and Torpor Orb would have been beneficial in one game and against one player in particular. Don't get me wrong: they're great cards: they just wouldn't have had much relevance.
Thalia, Heretic Cathar is great for its low cmc cost and its effect: any other creature-based prison effects you'd recommend off the top of your head?
Possibility Storm is kinda high in terms of its cmc cost, and Choke is somewhat narrow, but I'm running out of low-cost stax options that don't adversely affect my general, so I might have to risk including the latter, even if it ultimately ends up being a dead card. The rest are definitely viable options: I might have to re-think my cmc limit, but I do agree with your philosophy of being oppressive with prison cards, as opposed to just surviving with pillow fort cards.
What do you think of Mana Web, Mystic Barrier, Crackdown, Karmic Justice, Impending Disaster and Smoke? Not great cards, and I know Mystic Barrier isn't cheap, but it would probably keep me from losing. I don't know. lol Just saw 'em in my notebook, and they seemed somewhat functional.
Thinking of squeezing Contested Cliffs in there: it really would have been useful tonight.
So would you recommend the inclusion of roughly 7 removal cards and 7 stax cards? I typically consider wrath effects to be removal.
4 months ago
and you can play the other oaths for utility/flavor