Tribute to the Wild
Each opponent sacrifices an artifact or enchantment.
Printings View all
|Commander Anthology 2018 (CM2)||Uncommon|
|Commander Anthology (CM1)||None|
|Commander 2015 (C15)||Uncommon|
|Vintage Masters (VMA)||Uncommon|
|MTG: Commander (CMD)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Tribute to the Wild occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.0%
Tribute to the Wild Discussion
2 months ago
For the sake of formatting, I'm just going to make lists for what I would cut and add respectively, but it's really personal preference.
What I would consider banishing:
Tainted Wood - The deck doesn't have a lot of swamps.
Memorial to Unity - It enters tapped and only produces one colour, so there are other things your deck could do instead.
Viridian Zealot - a bit costly for what it does.
Vampire Hexmage - You don't seem to really abuse it, so it can be lacking.
Tribute to the Wild - It's kind of restrictive and doesn't always get rid of something relevant.
Merciless Eviction - Your deck doesn't really want to exile its own stuff, so other wraths that destroy instead are preferable.
Vraska, Relic Seeker - This seems costly for what she does, but she has her moments.
Evolutionary Leap - It can be powerful, but all of your creatures seem huge and worth keeping around. It's best to run this with more fodder in the deck.
Whip of Erebos - This is up in the air. I don't enjoy the exile clause of this card, but it's instant-speed and efficient, whilst offering life-gain. Your choice.
Acidic Slime - It's an expensive effect, but a powerful one at that. You already have other five-drops in Sidisi, Undead Vizier and Thalia's Lancers so perhaps it's worth exclusion. Declaration in Stone - It's a bit restrictive for its cost and a sorcery, so I don't think it merits a deck slot.
What I would consider adding:
Grisly Salvage - Essentially takes a land slot with other worth in the later turns, stocking the graveyard.
Satyr Wayfinder - Can be fodder for your sacrifice shenanigans and a land for the early turns (hopefully).
Ransack the Lab - Fills the yard and draws a card. That rhymes, so it's fantastic. However, it only goes three cards deep, so it may be unreliable at finding a land. I'm yet to miss, but it's possible.
Altar of Dementia - This is just a ridiculous card that gives you options for the graveyard later and scales with your large creatures. Great defense, too, and a massive threat.
Perpetual Timepiece - This is great for decks that are all-in on the graveyard plan, so maybe not. It doesn't draw cards, but it grants other routes.
Unburial Rites - If you mill it over, it's still castable. Even if, it gets two things back.
Dread Return - Efficient reanimation and the same from the graveyard.
Buried Ruin - Recursion in the land-base is always lovely.
Ghostly Prison - With high-cost creatures, this can aid in surviving the early game.
Anguished Unmaking - This card almost always relevant, cheap, and instant-speed. It's a safe option that hits everything.
Necrotic Sliver - It is recurrable universal removal, so it could be rather effective.
Swords to Plowshares - One mana and an instant, it's far too potent. I'd add this.
Despark - This can be efficient, but restrictive. I've found success with it, but it comes down to preference.
Assassin's Trophy - If it's within budget, this is as good as it gets.
Vindicate - Hits it all and does it all.
Rampant Growth - Ramp and more ramp.
Wood Elves - Fodder and ramp.
Explosive Vegetation - Lots of ramp.
Paradise Druid - Fodder and ramp.
Lots of fodder, lots of ramp.
You can really customize your own removal, but you already have many ways to deal with creatures, so removal for other permanents is ideal.
That's what I have for you. Now wreck them all.
2 months ago
A few I haven't seen yet:
- Time Reversal (pretty sure at least one of those is a moon)
- Opportunity (7th)
- Dreamborn Muse (Legions, 10th, Commander)
- Higure, the Still Wind (Betrayers, Planechase)
- All Sun's Zenith cards (Mirrodin Besieged)
- Etched Champion (Scars)
- Strionic Resonator (very debatable) (M14, Commander 2019)
- Gustha's Scepter (Alliances)
- Solarion (Fifth Dawn)
- Precursor Golem (Scars)
- Flying Carpet (Revised, Arabian Nights, 4t, 5th, 6th) (on the minaret)
- Oblivion Stone (Mirrodin, Commander)
- Doomsday (arguable) (Masters 25)
- Mortivore (9th, 10th, Odyssey, Commander)
- Ihsan's Shade (Masters 25)
- Dralnu's Pet (Planeshift)
- Ribbons of the Reikai (Betrayers)
- Somnophore (arguable) (Urza's Saga)
- Jace, the Living Guildpact (2015 Core Set)
- Elvish Ranger (Alliances)
- Descendants' Path (Avacyn)
- Burn at the Stake (Avacyn)
- Chaos Imps (Return to Ravnica)
- Enlightened Tutor (right cheek tattoo) (Mirage, 6th)
- Mother of Runes (in the hieroglyphics, top left) (Eternal Masters)
- Nevermore (Innistrad)
- Bottle of Suleiman (Arabian Nights)
- Silent-Blade Oni (Planechase, Commander 2018)
- Angel of Despair (Guildpact, Commander, Ultimate Masters)
- Glacial Fortress (Magic 2010-2013)
- Darkslick Shores (Scars)
- Plateau (arguable) (Alpha-Revised)
- Caged Sun (New Phyrexia, Commander 2014)
- Berserk (on the belt) (arguable) (All editions but A/B/U)
- Brutalizer Exarch (New Phyrexia, Planechase)
- Lotus Cobra (Zendikar, Iconic Masters)
- Homeward Path (Commander, Commander 2013, Commander 2016)
- Lake of the Dead (arguable) (Alliances)
- Tribute to the Wild (Commander, Commander 2015)
- Serene Heart (Mirage)
- Tranquil Domain (arguable) (Mirage)
- Guard Gomazoa (Rise of the Eldrazi, Commander)
- High Tide (Fallen Empires variant 2)
- Ray of Command (Mirage, Commander)
- Skithiryx, the Blight Dragon (arguable) (Scars)
- Thrummingbird (Scars)
- Hand of the Praetors (Scars)
- Sword of Light and Shadow (Modern Masters)
- Sword of Body and Mind (Scars, FTV: Relics)
- Sword of Feast and Famine (Mirrodin Beseiged)
- Sword of War and Peace (New Phyrexia)
- Mana-Charged Dragon (Commander)
- Crucible of Worlds (Fifth Dawn, 10th Ed, Core 2019)
Couple tips when looking for moons: Both actual moons and moon symbols count, so keep an eye out for moons on things like books, texts, and manufactured things in the art. There is no limit on how small they can be, though it's obvious it has to be large enough to make out. Some cards have very small, very sneaky moons hidden in them this way.
9 months ago
CyborgAeon: Currently he's a clampable elf body that looks for Woodland Bellower , GoG , or Regal Force . Also comes in with Woodland Bellower to get either of the other two as we see fit. I have found Empath to be invaluable in the grand scheme of things.
Soren841 is trying to convince me to run Kozi, but that's very questionable and would require loads of testing before I even remotely consider it. I'd really hate to draw into that card when I could get anything else.
The new GSZ will be going in, I just don't know in place of what yet. I've been barely sleeping wracking my brain on this deck. Though I think it's at the brink of becoming substantially stronger, which I didn't know it could be possible (ha! that's been the recurring mantra since I made this deck).
9 months ago
I'd been tossing around some interactive green cards & noticed Tribute to the Wild I only know your local wondgrace deck as part of the meta, Inkmoth, but if you also play against any other staxy decks - they'll often push an early rule of law / rhystic study.
At best this removes 3 issues at 2 mana. At worst you're in your opponent's first upkeep and nobody has any permanents in play bar you with Gemstone Caverns (definitely exiling ESG for maximum t0 impact). A more realistic way this pans out is removing 1 stax piece & 2 mana rocks. Let me know what you think.
1 year ago
Here are some budget friendly non-creature removal spells you should consider running:
1 year ago
SynergyBuild Yeeah good call. I dunno. I like manglehorn but I ended up going with Tribute to the Wild instead because it cost one less, and hit everyone. Drop it early nab a sol ring and signet or two is pretty rude. The Manglehorn may be better or worth cutting something else for. I guess in the end it only hitting artifacts worried me a bit since my removal suite kept getting pinched in this deck. What would you cut for it?
1 year ago
timmyt1000 on RNG
1 year ago
here's a few suggestions we can talk tomorrow
Tribute to the Wild , Crop Rotation ,Innocent Blood , Diabolic Intent ,Attrition , Vampiric Rites ,Phyrexian Reclamation , Small Pox , Harvester of Souls , Blood Artist , Ramunap Excavator , Awakening Zone , From Beyond , Putrefy , High Market , Blighted Fen , Blighted Woodland , Tainted Wood , Woodland Cemetery , Llanowar Wastes