|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2014 (C14)||Common|
|Beatdown Box Set (BTD)||Common|
|Urza's Saga (USG)||Common|
Combos Browse all
Remote Isle enters the battlefield tapped.
: Add to your mana pool.
Cycling (, Discard this card: Draw a card.)
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (9)||richardmv , buildingadeck , bakunet , MattN7498 , DFDGamer , XxCataclysmiCxX , xXThormentXx , frederiklw , Forge|
|Want (16)||isthatjames , Aldolain , Vincentc1 , JU4N , Loading_Error , Kogan1911 , rakdos24 , Jspeed , mhmaurer , MasterRoach117 , rco , buildingadeck , Awuztein , cainanunes , FrogIsCool , N3M0|
Remote Isle Discussion
1 week ago
Hi! Looks like a sweet start to a Merfolk deck (a deck I've wanted to build myself for quite a while)! Here are some recommendations:
- Seafloor Oracle is a pretty powerful card draw engine when you can get it online early
- Merfolk Mistbinder is another 2-mana lord
- Forerunner of the Heralds and Merrow Harbinger are good tutors
- Tatyova, Benthic Druid is just a good card in Commander, and the fact that she's a merfolk is just an added bonus
- Murkfiend Liege, Seedborn Muse, and Paradox Engine help you activate Kumena's abilities many times in a turn cycle.
- Surgespanner can be a house, bouncing tons of permanents each turn, as you can tap it for free
- Cryptolith Rite is good ramp and a strong "tap outlet"
- Lightning Greaves is good at protecting Kumena or any other powerful creature you may have
- Kodama's Reach should be in every green deck
- Growing Rites of Itlimoc Flip can make a ton of mana, and helps you dig towards your creatures as well.
- Beast Within is an extremely powerful removal spell
- Treetop Village and Lumbering Falls; manlands are so much worse in Commander than in 60-card formats
- Remote Isle; blue and green have better ways to draw cards than cycling away your lands
- Vivid Creek and Vivid Grove; green has much better mana fixing
- Bioshift doesn't really do anything
- Tideshaper Mystic is the same; cutting one opponent off of mana doesn't do much, and 1/1s for 1 that die to board wipes are mediocre at best.
- World Shaper isn't really where you want to be; you don't have a ton of graveyard synergies
- River's Rebuke isn't my favorite board wipe in Commander, even in blue/green. I'd play Devastation Tide instead.
- Slinn Voda, the Rising Deep just does too little for 10 mana. If you're spending 10 mana on a single card, that card should be winning you the game.
- Talrand, Sky Summoner, as you don't have a ton of spell synergies
- True-Name Nemesis is good, but mainly in Legacy. In Commander, a 3/1 that just one player can't interact with is bad.
- Shapers of Nature is a decent mana sink, but I think you'd rather just be doing something else with your mana.
Hope this helps! If you'd like me to explain some of my choices more, or if you want help on another deck, feel free to leave a comment on my profile, and I'll take a look as soon as I can!
3 months ago
So, first of all - sensible colour choice for an early EDH deck. Sticking to two makes for a pretty easy and cheap land base, though I'd suggest ditching the Vivid two and maybe Exotic Orchard for those that either straight up make Black/Blue or have more utility. Cycling is always good in Commander for avoiding late-game mana flooding so perhaps check out Lonely Sandbar/Remote Isle/Desert of the Mindful and their black equivalents plus Fetid Pools.
While at the moment you're obviously working with the cards you've got from the wizard precon the next thing is to decide what direction you want to go in. Your options are pretty broad at the moment and the deck could easily go into mill, control, curses, zombies, or unblockable creatures plus cipher cards like Stolen Identity for a more versatile Clone Legion. If Tiagam is going to be central to your gameplan it might also be worthwhile thinking about how to give him stuff like hexproof, shroud or indestructible. See my notes in There's Something Strange.... Plus you can always look for similar decks on here and/or tick the "Needs Help" box and the excellent people on here can give you some advice.
PS: to make someone your commander you need to put CMDR after their name on the deck list.
4 months ago
Academy Ruins Desert of the Fervent Desert of the Mindful Forgotten Cave Lonely Sandbar Remote Isle Shivan Reef Smoldering Crater Wandering Fumarole Crush of Tentacles Windfall Dig Through Time Psychic Spiral Chandra, Flamecaller Labratory Maniac
5 months ago
Like many of us I'm sure, I'm considering a Muldrotha, the Gravetide build and came across an interesting conundrum.
I could run 12 cycling lands in the deck:
I'd almost certainly not run the less efficient Blasted Landscape and with Ash Barrens and Fetid Pools occupying a different sort of design space (and basically being shoo-ins!) I wondered about the pros and cons of the others.
costing // OR // OR raises the question of what is the most useful or most efficient, whether indeed they all have a place.
What is everyone's thoughts on these various cycling types, how/if they belong in this commander, or others and why? I've looked for discussion on this on Google and have come up with very little so if anyone has links they can post too that would be interesting...
5 months ago
Add:Rabid Bite, Radha, Heir to Keld, Radiant Flames, Rageblood Shaman, Raging Kavu, Raging Regisaur, Rakka Mar, Ral Zarek, Rampaging Ferocidon, Ranging Raptors, Raptor Hatchling, Rapid Hybridization, Rattlechains, Ravenous Daggertooth, Ray of Command, Razorfin Hunter, Reach of Branches, Realms Uncharted, Ramunap Excavator, Reckless Bushwhacker, Reforge the Soul, Regisaur Alpha, Rekindled Flame, Repeating Barrage, Resilient Khenra, Rhonas's Monument, Riddleform, Ridgescale Tusker, Riding the Dilu Horse, Rings of Brighthearth, Ripjaw Raptor, Rishkar, Peema Renegade, Roaring Primadox, Rush of Blood, Ryusei, the Falling Star.
Cuts:Rite of Passage, Rhystic Deluge, Root Elemental, River Serpent, Renegade Doppelganger, Reality Smasher, Ruination, Ring of Immortals, Rush of Ice, Rushing River, Rites of Refusal, Resuscitate, Reset, Read the Runes, Regenerate, Rampaging Hippo, Reach Through Mists, Relentless Assault, Remote Isle, Rhox, Riverwheel Aerialists, Reduce in Stature, Rakshasa's Disdain, Reality Spasm, Refocus, Repeal, Repopulate, Rescind, Rescue, Revolutionary Rebuff, Rewind, Rise of Eagles, Retribution, .
6 months ago
Hey I love the decklist, and I was wondering if perhaps you had any suggestions for my very own Muldrotha deck. When I have more free time i'm going to refine it as right now it's not even at 100 cards and is I feel a bit all over the place with what it wants to do.
You see, I also own a Meren of Clan Nel Toth deck already so I decided to do something quite different with this deck purposedly to avoid too much overlap in strategy. What i'm doing is much more focused on self mill to a larger degree, but also a lands matter theme playing cards like Hermit Druid (with little to no basics likely), Mirror-Mad Phantasm, Tunnel Vision alongside cards like Temple of Malady, Temple of Deceit, Temple of Mystery, and Zhalfirin Void to make possible Laboratory Maniac as a win con. Then there's other goodstuff like Worm Harvest, Sylvan Reclamation, WORLDSHAPER!, Sylvan Awakening/Rude Awakening alongside Avenger of Zendikar, Ob Nixilis, the Fallen, The Gitrog Monster, Azusa, Lost but Seeking, multani, yavimaya's elder, and Ulvenwald Hydra.
I'm playing tons of efficient lands that fill other roles like Dark Depths/Thespian's Stage/Vesuva, Maze of Ith, Glacial Chasm, Strip Mine/Tectonic Edge, Cabal Coffers/Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth, etc. Because of Cabal Coffers and maybe Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger and other mana doublers I might add, I may try and play some big spells like Exsanguinate, Torment of Hailfire, Genesis Wave as finishers also.
Anyways, what I recommend for your own deck is to consider lands like Remote Isle, Barren Moor, Tranquil Thicket, etc. Oblivion Stone also would go quite well here I think. But yeah if you have any feedback for my own different take I would really appreciate it as I feel it needs much, much refinement still.
7 months ago
At a glance, you'll probably want more mana. ~34 is what most decks run. If you don't want more plain islands, consider Temple of the False God, Halimar Depths, Moonring Island, Desert of the Mindful, Remote Isle, Faerie Conclave, Skyline Cascade, or Soaring Seacliff.
7 months ago
I already have Preordain in the deck. Remote Isle seems like its not worth putting out in because the2 mana to cycle does not trigger Talrand, Sky Summoners ability. I might end up putting it in anyway as I have one which Im not currently using.