|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2014 (C14)||Common|
|Beatdown Box Set (BTD)||Common|
|Urza's Saga (USG)||Common|
Combos Browse all
Remote Isle enters the battlefield tapped.
: Add to your mana pool.
Cycling (, Discard this card: Draw a card.)
Remote Isle Discussion
4 months ago
So spicy fam, what about the other cycle lands?
4 months ago
smoothjonny69: I'm just trying real hard to find poor little Rupture Spire a home is all. But you're right, a dual land like Swiftwater Cliffs would probably be better. ...and maybe Remote Isle instead of Forgotten Cave ? hmm...
5 months ago
7 months ago
Well for starters you should show us this list you have, I can't find anything from your profile/deck folders because you had none, so you should use this page to submit a decklist for us to see what you had.
In the meantime, also consider checking out the site edhrec.com where you can find out a lot of commonly used cards for various commanders. You want plenty of instants such as Counterspell , Disallow , Rewind , Serum Visions , Brainstorm , Opt , Anticipate , Preordain , Swan Song , Cyclonic Rift , Jace's Sanctum , Sapphire Medallion , Thought Vessel , Isochron Scepter and last but certainly not least Baral, Chief of Compliance , are all popular cards. Your lands can be kept quite simple with just a lot of Island s, but there's one's like Remote Isle , Reliquary Tower , Myriad Landscape , Halimar Depths , Lonely Sandbar , Temple of the False God , that you can use too. Being just one colour, with likely a good number of Island s you can take advantage of Caged Sun too.
11 months ago
Hi! Looks like a sweet start to a Merfolk deck (a deck I've wanted to build myself for quite a while)! Here are some recommendations:
- Seafloor Oracle is a pretty powerful card draw engine when you can get it online early
- Merfolk Mistbinder is another 2-mana lord
- Forerunner of the Heralds and Merrow Harbinger are good tutors
- Tatyova, Benthic Druid is just a good card in Commander, and the fact that she's a merfolk is just an added bonus
- Murkfiend Liege, Seedborn Muse, and Paradox Engine help you activate Kumena's abilities many times in a turn cycle.
- Surgespanner can be a house, bouncing tons of permanents each turn, as you can tap it for free
- Cryptolith Rite is good ramp and a strong "tap outlet"
- Lightning Greaves is good at protecting Kumena or any other powerful creature you may have
- Kodama's Reach should be in every green deck
- Growing Rites of Itlimoc Flip can make a ton of mana, and helps you dig towards your creatures as well.
- Beast Within is an extremely powerful removal spell
- Treetop Village and Lumbering Falls; manlands are so much worse in Commander than in 60-card formats
- Remote Isle; blue and green have better ways to draw cards than cycling away your lands
- Vivid Creek and Vivid Grove; green has much better mana fixing
- Bioshift doesn't really do anything
- Tideshaper Mystic is the same; cutting one opponent off of mana doesn't do much, and 1/1s for 1 that die to board wipes are mediocre at best.
- World Shaper isn't really where you want to be; you don't have a ton of graveyard synergies
- River's Rebuke isn't my favorite board wipe in Commander, even in blue/green. I'd play Devastation Tide instead.
- Slinn Voda, the Rising Deep just does too little for 10 mana. If you're spending 10 mana on a single card, that card should be winning you the game.
- Talrand, Sky Summoner, as you don't have a ton of spell synergies
- True-Name Nemesis is good, but mainly in Legacy. In Commander, a 3/1 that just one player can't interact with is bad.
- Shapers of Nature is a decent mana sink, but I think you'd rather just be doing something else with your mana.
Hope this helps! If you'd like me to explain some of my choices more, or if you want help on another deck, feel free to leave a comment on my profile, and I'll take a look as soon as I can!
1 year ago
So, first of all - sensible colour choice for an early EDH deck. Sticking to two makes for a pretty easy and cheap land base, though I'd suggest ditching the Vivid two and maybe Exotic Orchard for those that either straight up make Black/Blue or have more utility. Cycling is always good in Commander for avoiding late-game mana flooding so perhaps check out Lonely Sandbar/Remote Isle/Desert of the Mindful and their black equivalents plus Fetid Pools.
While at the moment you're obviously working with the cards you've got from the wizard precon the next thing is to decide what direction you want to go in. Your options are pretty broad at the moment and the deck could easily go into mill, control, curses, zombies, or unblockable creatures plus cipher cards like Stolen Identity for a more versatile Clone Legion. If Tiagam is going to be central to your gameplan it might also be worthwhile thinking about how to give him stuff like hexproof, shroud or indestructible. See my notes in There's Something Strange.... Plus you can always look for similar decks on here and/or tick the "Needs Help" box and the excellent people on here can give you some advice.
PS: to make someone your commander you need to put CMDR after their name on the deck list.
1 year ago
Academy Ruins Desert of the Fervent Desert of the Mindful Forgotten Cave Lonely Sandbar Remote Isle Shivan Reef Smoldering Crater Wandering Fumarole Crush of Tentacles Windfall Dig Through Time Psychic Spiral Chandra, Flamecaller Labratory Maniac
1 year ago
Like many of us I'm sure, I'm considering a Muldrotha, the Gravetide build and came across an interesting conundrum.
I could run 12 cycling lands in the deck:
I'd almost certainly not run the less efficient Blasted Landscape and with Ash Barrens and Fetid Pools occupying a different sort of design space (and basically being shoo-ins!) I wondered about the pros and cons of the others.
costing // OR // OR raises the question of what is the most useful or most efficient, whether indeed they all have a place.
What is everyone's thoughts on these various cycling types, how/if they belong in this commander, or others and why? I've looked for discussion on this on Google and have come up with very little so if anyone has links they can post too that would be interesting...
Remote Isle occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%