|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2016 (C16)||Rare|
|Commander 2015 (C15)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Hideaway (This land enters the battlefield tapped. When it does, look at the top four cards of your library, exile one face down, then put the rest on the bottom of your library.)
: Add to your mana pool.
, : You may play the exiled card without paying its mana cost if an opponent was dealt 7 or more damage this turn.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (18)||EdenGardenz , plof , frederiklw , thetechzombie , Big-Foot , bakunet , Supremespeed , NobleSlay3r , burnedbread , brentkc49 , duff87 , MattN7498 , mziter501 , Va1mar , Kleptozaniac , mandoso , ninjaclevs13 , Sparky41|
|Want (24)||kovellen , kvfd1719 , Dragonsound , Gypsyhatten , sneferie , TheGoonSyndicate , Njc12345 , Supremespeed , Raeyic , VaultTechy , marsp44 , xXThormentXx , sodea2012 , HehaGardenHoe , Maliande , SamFury , Loading_Error , king0fclubs , Jspeed , Rctfan , BorderlineEvil , Asuras , AeroArchery , Cunningcrow|
Spinerock Knoll Discussion
1 week ago
Have you considered Boros Signet, Worn Powerstone and Gilded Lotus? Heartless Hidetsugu is game over if Gisela, Blade of Goldnight is out. Furnace of Rath, Dictate of the Twin Gods and True Conviction are great for beatdown. Boros Charm is really versatile in this deck. You can swap Take Vengeance for Swords to Plowshares. Sunforger is the greatest card in Boros and can grab any instant at 4 CMC or less. // It's good to run Command Tower, Battlefield Forge, Temple of Triumph, Needle Spires, Ancient Amphitheater, Boros Guildgate are good for mana fixing. Slayers' Stronghold, Sunhome, Fortress of the Legion and Rogue's Passage are good for combat tricks; Mistveil Plains brings recursion; Spinerock Knoll is great at cheating costs; Secluded Steppe and Forgotten Cave for card selection. // Revitalize, Lightning Helix, Demystify, Fountain of Renewal are subpar in this deck.
1 month ago
Il tuo mazzo necessita di un buon pacchetto di removal per far morire quante più creature possibili, in modo da rendere Kresh grosso, ed allo stesso tempo ti servono cose che diano evasion a kresh per fare in modo che riesca a colpire. Farò suggerimenti su cambi funzionali e cambi di budget, sia in più economico che in più costoso.
- Anger -> Fires of Yavimaya perché costano di meno in mana, soldi e sono più affidabili (senza contare quel +2/+2 che può sempre tornare utile). Sulla stessa linea c'è Fervor, Mass Hysteria e Concordant Crossroads (quest'ultima balza, but still).
- Wood Elves -> Diligent Farmhand perché gli elfi in un mazzo tre colori possono essere un fattore limitante. Il secondo ti prende qualsiasi terra.
- Farhaven Elf -> Kodama's Reach perché è più forte, per lo stesso mana. La differenza è non avere poi una creatura in campo da eventualmente sacrificare.
- Ghave, Guru of Spores -> Mazirek, Kraul Death Priest devi metterlo assolutamente. Punto.
- Golgari Findbroker -> Plaguecrafter perché 1/5 del tuo mazzo è costituito di carte non permanent. Va benissimo la cosa, ma rende meno utile lui.
- Omnath, Locus of Rage -> Slum Reaper/Barter in Blood perché hai bisogno di effetti che facciano sacrificare e conseguentemente crescere Kresh.
- Shriekmaw -> Ravenous Chupacabra perché non ha le limitazioni del primo. Non ha evoke, ma in teoria non dovresti aver bisogno di evoke per poter sacrificare le tue creature.
- Terastodon -> Mitotic Slime perché Kresh cresce se muoiono creature, mentre il Terastodon distrugge permanenti non creatura. In più, ti serve avere delle cose da sacrificare che non siano Kresh.
- Wasitora, Nekoru Queen -> Creakwood Liege/ perché è più affidabile e da +2/+2 a Kresh. Anche Sylvan Offering/Endrek Sahr, Master Breeder sono interessanti. Hai bisogno di tanti token da poter sacrificare.
- Yavimaya Elder -> Smothering Abomination/Deathreap Ritual/Dragon Appeasement/Fecundity sono più forti per pescare. Anche perché l'anziano non rampa, bensì ti mette solo due terre base in mano.
- Rakdos Charm non fa nulla di utile, a parte eventualmente spaccare un artefatto, ma per quello è meglio Shattering Spree oppure Vandalblast. Se vuoi esiliare i cimiteri c'è Bojuka Bog.
Attrition -> Dictate of Erebos/Grave Pact costano uguale in soldi, ma li valgono tutti, a differenza di Attrition. Darksteel Axe -> Darksteel Plate sempre di qualità darksteel, ma meglio. Se ti piace indestructible, potrebe piacerti anche Shield of Kaldra e Hammer of Nazahn.
Valuta di trovare un posto per carte che diano colpo sicuro a Kresh, come:
Valuta di inserire qualche sacrifice outlet come (nella sezione terre ce ne sono altre molto forti):
Nella sezione terre ti consiglio:
- Golgari Rot Farm -> Tainted Peak perché le karoo fanno schifo e le tainted sono fortissime.
- Golgari Guildgate -> Mosswort Bridge senza discussioni, il gate è lento e tu hai tanto ramp, quindi ti servono terre base. Trova un posto anche per Spinerock Knoll.
- Ti consiglio assolutamente di mettere o almeno valutare:
- Myriad Landscape e Blighted Woodland come ramp.
- Cinder Glade/Smoldering Marsh/Canyon Slough/Sheltered Thicket (che possono essere prese da Jund Panorama, ad esempio).
- Foreboding Ruins e Game Trail (che entrano entrambe stappate se in mano hai una Misty Eye of the Mountain below)
- Flamekin Village ed Hanweir Battlements per dare haste a Kresh.
- Grim Backwoods/High Market/Keldon Necropolis sono sacrifice outlet sulle terre (praticamente indistruttibili).
- Kessig Wolf Run, Skarrg, the Rage Pits, Khalni Garden possono tornare utili.
Se con queste sostituzioni nella mana base finisci per avere più di quattro terre che producono , valuta di inserire al posto di una creatura ramp la Chromatic Lantern, che è stata ristampata da poco ed è scesa.
2 months ago
My buddies and I had a debate on this. Marath, Will of the Wild states “the anount of mana spent to cast it.” To my understanding “play” as Horde of Notions states includes casting like the hideaway lands Spinerock Knoll. So does Marath enter with 5 +1/+1 coubters due to the WURBG that was spent to cast it from the yard? Or does it enter with 0 and die due to the “without paying its mana cost” meaning the casting cost was zero?
We ruled that it died to state based action in a 3-2 vote but I’m curious who was right.
3 months ago
Lets have a look at some possible additions: Savage Ventmaw would be good as you can haste it then get 3 and 3 the same turn, allowing you to cast more.
Hydra Omnivore For those bigger games, and his a big boy.
Etali, Primal Storm For those same cast turn swings that should get you some nice stuff.
Ruric Thar, the Unbowed would be amazing, more so if you're looking at going creature focused.
Hellkite Tyrant for steeling all the artifacts and a long drawn wincon (Vs artifact decks).
Mina and Denn, Wildborn should replace on of your elves.
Blightsteel Colossus is also a big wincon for you.
That's it for creatures for now.
Chaos Warp its an important card in red, its removal of used for keeping your own things safe. This is a fantastic instant for you.
Blasphemous Act is an amazing removal card you should add.
And Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx is highly recommended.
OH! don't forget Ghalta, Primal Hunger
4 months ago
Take out terramorphic and evolving unless you add more basics, Spinerock Knoll, probably Rocky Tar Pit, and Mountain Valley, Chromatic Lantern, maybe no Countryside Crusher or Cosmic Larva, Behold the Beyond, Beseech the Queen, Diabolic Tutor, Ever After (Unless you add more better creatures), Natural Balance, you dont really have a use for Doubling Season,
Consider Avenger of Zendikar, Mina and Denn, Wildborn, Omnath, Locus of Rage, Oracle of Mul Daya, Rampaging Baloths, Sylvan Safekeeper, Tireless Tracker, Titania, Protector of Argoth, Ulvenwald Hydra, Crop Rotation, Hissing Quagmire, Raging Ravine, Lavaclaw Reaches, Treetop Village, any more cycling lands, Nissa, Vital Force, Embodiment of Insight, Scute Mob, Dragonmaster Outcast, Squandered Resources, Crash of Rhino Beetles, Undergrowth Champion, Squirrel Nest, Spawning Grounds
I think you need upwards of 40 or so lands in here if thats where you want the focus, some should make creatures, some should BE creatures
4 months ago
@deakmana, Thanks for the comments!
Its cool to get some comments from an actual competitive perspective.
Re: Crop Rotation : The card disadvantage is real; and it might not be obvious from just reading this list, but it doesn't really need Gaea's Cradle, it's just sort of nice to have. Most of the time you want a Blood Moon effect anyway, so the Cradle gets turned off (and Scavenger Grounds, and Spinerock Knoll). Although Boseiju, Who Shelters All is an interesting suggestion.
Spinerock Knoll has been good so far. It's a nice way to get more gas at a pretty minimal cost; in many cases it doesn't even cost a card.
I'm never sad to see a one-sided wipe. Literally every competitive deck except maybe Jeleva and Teferi have creatures in play. I'm not sure if you've played any competitive EDH in the last 18 months, but there's these two commanders called Thrasios and Tymna... And those decks tend to be loaded with creatures. It's sort of a bummer that most decks actually do have a few creatures in play, frequently with stats like 1/3 or 2/2, which makes it hard to get clean attacks with the hatebears. Ezuri's Predation is just about as easy to cast as Mizzium Mortars, and is vastly superior. Not only is it disruption and mana destruction, it's nearly a game-ending threat!
re: Gamble. I tried this and cut it quickly. If you want to use it to get something you're not going to discard, then you have to do it off your opening 7. That means you're spending turn 1 playing gamble instead of a mana elf, which is just terrible. Or your spending turn 2 playing gable instead of a stax piece, which is also terrible. Then if you want to play it turn 3, you've got 3 cards left in hand. One of the benefits of this deck is that it doesn't use the graveyard... so if the tutor target gets discarded it's gone for good. In a lot of decks Gamble is good because it's a second copy of Entomb. As you can see, the opposite is true here.
Incidentally, Chrome Mox has a similar problem: basically its likely that you don't have enough spare cards to come back from the card disadvantage. The general doesn't provide card advantage, so we're not reliably ramping into something that refills the hand.
I've tried Orcish Lumberjack. It's really bad to play a turn 1 dork that might not actually make mana, which happens, if you don't have a forest. It can be strong tho. Perhaps its worth using. Have you tested it in this list?
I've also tried and cut Skullclamp. It's just slow and not good. I don't have a reliable 1-toughness token producer (like in a Tana, the Bloodsower deck), and basically token-making isn't a great route to victory. It doesn't draw off commanders and the only thing that leaves is using it to draw off mana elves after the mid-game when you don't need the mana anymore. That's just not a winning plan, anyway.
4 months ago
Hey there, thanks for sharing your list.
I really like Archwing Dragon in this deck, I will need to add it into my list. Spawn of Thraxes also seems very reasonable and I also really like Hazoret's Monument and Vanquisher's Banner. I will need to check out a few of those for my deck lists.
A few cards that I might suggest cutting since they have always underperformed for me are Door of Destinies, Adaptive Automaton doesn't seem necessary since your dragons are plenty big, and Kindred Charge is really bad with legendary creatures so I would replace that one with World at War or Savage Beating. Dragon's Claw seems like a flavor inclusion, but it probably wont have much of impact.
Anyway really enjoyed the list. I like that you got 28 creatures in yours, I only got about 20 in mine, but id like to get the creature count around 22-23. Let me know if you end up adopting any of these changes.