Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
|Pauper Duel Commander||Legal|
Enchantment — Aura
Enchanted creature gets +2/+2 and is goaded. (It attacks each combat if able and attacks a player other than you if able.)
Whenever enchanted creature attacks, its controller loses 2 life and you gain 2 life.
2 weeks ago
Im really not a fan of the battle cry mechanic. It could work really well with Krenko, Tin Street Kingpin, Mardu Ascendancy, or the other many token makers, but I would rather just run Fervent Charge. It takes a single card for +4/+4 and your creatures are more likely to survive combat. you could always stack more though
Vengeful Ancestor, Parasitic Impetus, Shiny Impetus, and maybe Martial Impetus could all be fun tools to mess with your opponents while keeping yourself safe from larger threats. You get double rewards with Isshin
Fighter Class is nice for the tutor and later on can force blocks and can be used to kill off weak targets.
Shadowspear exists. you should use it in every deck Helm of the Host lets you double commanders, and lets you go infinite with Godo, Bandit Warlord. Who also should just automatically be your automatic first pick for a 6 drop. Tutor, double combats...
Bruse Tarl, Boorish Herder doublestrike AND lifelink. costs one more but can replace your enchantment.
Ilharg, the Raze-Boar Wanna play two cards for free?
Breena, the Demagogue does so much. buffs you like crazy. Can net you two cards per combat phase... which you will hopefully get multiple of with more things like: Aggravated Assault and Waves of Aggression can go infinite Port Razer, Raiyuu, Storm's Edge, Response / Resurgence are also nice
You dont need to go all out on making one guy and instakill, Sublime Archangel with many tokens or Pact Weapon with combats can do it by themselves situationally. And the pact weapon is just way too cool.
Hopeful Initiate is repeatable removal with extra steps I'd honestly ditch the sunforger.
6 months ago
8 months ago
Hey, me again! I really like Breena, the Demagogue's premise. I want to build her in the future, since I'm cultivating a combat metagame. But I have some ideas that can make your deck funnier and stronger:
I imagine you're trying to keep the idea of giving gifts to your opponents for them to killing each other, while reaping benefits to you.
One way is to force combat. You might want to put Martial Impetus and Parasitic Impetus back to deflect attacks and get draws off Breena. (Too bad goad is a blue-red thing - come on Wizards, give us on other colors). Otherwise, they buff Breena to hit harder.
Another thing you should consider is protection for your creatures:
- Sejiri Shelter Flip and Malakir Rebirth Flip can be slotted as lands.
- Lightning Greaves, Swiftfoot Boots, Whispersilk Cloak, Darksteel Plate and Hammer of Nazahn are great utility artifacts.
- Timely Ward has flash.
- Dawn Charm doubles as a fog.
- Valorous Stance doubles as a removal spell.
How about protection to you?
- No Mercy, Dread, Michiko Konda, Truth Seeker and Teysa, Envoy of Ghosts deter attackers.
- Koskun Falls is a second Ghostly Prison if you can pay its upkeep cost. Solitary Confinement is even more efficient, as long as you can keep up with its cost.
- No one will mess with you again once you cast Hellish Rebuke. Darien, King of Kjeldor also shows them why attacking you is not advisable.
- If you prefer the way of taxing opponents, Sphere of Safety synergize with your other pillowfort enchantments.
- You run a lot of permanents that might die. How about getting them back with Sun Titan or Emeria Shepherd?
- Mistveil Plains has good synergy with tutors.
- Liesa, Forgotten Archangel also acts as graveyard hate.
About card draw:
- Breena costs 3 mana and it is easy to recast, but you can't rely on your opponents wanting (or being able) to attack each other. Sign in Blood, Night's Whisper, Read the Bones, Treacherous Blessing, War Room and Castle Locthwain can be great options (it is good to lower your life total to trigger Breena). Erebos, God of the Dead can also act as a blocker and life-gain hater.
- Skullclamp is good if you can reliably generate X/1 tokens.
- Syphon Mind is a favorite of mine.
- Mangara, the Diplomat... The name says it all. #bffBreena
- Shadrix Silverquill is not only on-theme, but on-school aswell.
- Endless Atlas and Dread Presence require many basic lands.
- The cards above can replace Ambition's Cost, Ancient Craving and Secret Rendezvous (if they want free cards, may they attack each other).
About your ramp:
- I see you run cards that ramp you if an opponent has more lands than you, a la Knight of the White Orchid. Your Lotus Field is great for setting that up. You might also consider putting Orzhov Basilica back for the same effect.
- Loyal Warhound, Verge Rangers, Weathered Wayfarer, Archaeomancer's Map and Isolated Watchtower also capitalize on opponents ramping. I recommend replacing Boreas Charger (if you can't kill it easily), Scholarship Sponsor (not advisable to give ramp AND card draw to your opponents) and Oreskos Explorer (it is better to get lands on the battlefield instead of on hand, unless it is an unrestricted tutor like Weathered Wayfarer).
- If you ramp using the cards above, you will have a lot of Plains on the battlefield. Emeria, The Sky Ruin is free recursion on a land - enjoy ;-)
- You might also consider Fellwar Stone and Dowsing Dagger Flip as ramp options. Breena has flying, so it is easy to transform the artifact.
Sorry for not commenting on your whole deck. Since I have not played her myself, I could only suggest more general things. I hope the suggestions have inspired you somehow. As always, have fun with the Demagogue!
9 months ago
Here ya go:
"Killer Queen," by Queen Marchesa
She keeps her Bloodthirsty Blade next
To her pretty Gorgon's Head
"Let's go Brandon," because
Monarchs don't like presidents
A built-around archenemy
For Atraxa and Arcades
At any time
A combat phase you can't decline
Deathtouch and opulence
Well-versed in rhetoric
Upon her Throne of Empires
Oooh, Parasitic Impetus
Curses and disturbances
To avoid assassination
She moved to the Temple of Silence
She relies on her Sleeper Agents
Met a man from Fiora
Just a general enforcer
Her scheming symmetries all
Lead to her Deadly Designs
Roguely through passages (hastily)
For cards she brings Monarch in
deflective but secretly nice?
"Killer Queen," by Queen Marchesa She keeps her [[Bloodthirsty Blade]] next To her pretty [[Gorgon's Head]] "Let's go Brandon," because Monarchs don't like presidents A built-around archenemy For [[atraxa, praetor's voice|Atraxa]] and [[arcades, the strategist|Arcades]] At any time A [[master warcraft|combat phase you can't decline]] Deathtouch and [[curse of opulence|opulence]] Well-versed in [[cunning rhetoric|rhetoric]] Upon her [[Throne of Empires]] She's a killer [[queen marchesa|Queen]] [[queen marchesa|Marchesa]], Long may she reign Matriarch in a [[Court of Grace]] Manipulating table plays All the time Oooh, [[parasitic impetus]] [[curse of disturbance|Curses and disturbances]] Wanna [[bite of the black rose|bite]]? To avoid assassination She moved to the [[temple of silence]] In confrontation She relies on her [[sleeper agents]] Met a man from Fiora Just a [[general's enforcer|general enforcer]] Her [[scheming symmetry|scheming symmetries]] all Lead to her [[deadly designs]] Assassins sneak Roguely through [[rogue's passage|passages]] (hastily) For cards she brings Monarch in [[deflecting palm|deflective]] but [[secret rendezvous|secretly]] nice? She's a killer [[queen marchesa|Queen]] [[queen marchesa|Marchesa]], Long may she reign Matriarch in a [[Court of Grace]] Manipulating table plays All the time Drop of a [[crown of empires|crown]] she is always down To send your ass back to [[inkshield|hose-town]] Them immediately after you pass She is the one to tap that [[royal assassin|ass]] And then cast [[torment of hailfire|hail... fire]] (then she attacks you) She's a killer [[queen marchesa|Queen]] [[queen marchesa|Marchesa]], Long may she reign Matriarch in a [[Court of Grace]] Manipulating table plays All the time (written by [[gattison]])
10 months ago
Saw your post on the AyCD thread, but unfortunately I'm no good at suggesting cuts. I did want to comment anyway, though, because I really like Thantis (though I've never built her myself) and I've envisioned her a bit differently than what you have here.
In my opinion, you should run a lot more attack-consequent cards. In other words, cards that punish your opponents for attacking you.
On the top of that list is No Mercy, which some people don't like to use because it causes hurt feels. To me, though, it's a no-brainer. Here's a few others I like:
There I go, making things even more complicated, hahaha...
11 months ago
Not curses but curse adjacent flavor in goading: (12 suggestions) 1)Shiny Impetus 2)Psychic Impetus 3)Parasitic Impetus 4)Disrupt Decorum 5)Vengeful Ancestor 6)Bloodthirsty Blade 7)Karazikar, the Eye Tyrant 8)Jeering Homunculus 9)Goblin Racketeer 10)Grenzo, Havoc Raiser 11)Coveted Peacock 12)Kardur, Doomscourge
Other Curse like things with wither: (12 suggestions - some of these aren't very good and can be left out) 1)Stigma Lasher 2)Fang Skulkin 3+4)Nest of Scarabs + Corrosive Mentor 5)Everlasting Torment 6)Needle Specter 7)Midnight Banshee 8)Kulrath Knight 9)Necroskitter 10)Fists of the Demigod 11)Cinderbones 12)Oona's Gatewarden
Add 12 more lands (36 cards suggested total) + 56 cards currently on the list = 92 cards
Remaining 8 slots should be card draw, removal and Board-wipes (15 suggestions here) 1)Rhystic Study 2)Erebos, God of the Dead 3)Wheel of Misfortune 4)Shadowmage Infiltrator 5)Phyrexian Arena 6)Eye of Vecna 7)Blue Sun's Zenith 8)Tragic Slip 9)Go for the Throat 10)Doom Blade 11)Feed the Swarm 12)Ravenform 13)Chaos Warp 14)Damnation 15)Ritual of Soot
1 year ago
I think a politics hub could be relevant for decks specializing in uniquely multiplayer strategies involving mechanics like Council's Judgment, Wishclaw Talisman, Tempt with Discovery, Parasitic Impetus and the monarch cards to promote aggression like Marchesa's Decree.
1 year ago
Ok, a forced combat deck in WB? Awesome!
Then, there are multiple useful Propaganda -like effects:
Orzhov Advokist is similar to Breena.
Finally, Crown of Doom is pretty cool for a little game of hot potatoe.