Creature — Human Soldier
When Thalia's Lieutenant enters the battlefield, put a +1/+1 counter on each other Human you control.
Whenever another Human enters the battlefield under your control, put a +1/+1 counter on Thalia's Lieutenant.
|Have (2)||metalmagic , gildan_bladeborn|
Printings View all
|Shadows over Innistrad (SOI)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Thalia's Lieutenant occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.11%
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.0%
Thalia's Lieutenant Discussion
1 week ago
manbearpig90 It's a 2-mana lord. That's as cheap as they come. If you want more than a vanilla 2/2 body that gives a static +1/+1, Thalia's Lieutenant, Mayor of Avabruck Flip, Master of the Pearl Trident, Lord of Atlantis, Deeproot Elite, Bramblewood Paragon, Oona's Blackguard, Ayula, Queen Among Bears, Lord of the Unreal, and Supreme Phantom are it.
Gallia of the Endless Dance gives tribe members haste, which puts it on even footing combat-wise with ability-granting lords like Master of the Pearl Trident, and it has card advantage stapled to it, which rivals Oona's Blackguard and Ayula, Queen Among Bears.
I'd say it's pretty cut-and-dry.
2 weeks ago
Since most of your creatures are human Angelic Overseer and Thalia's Lieutenant can pretty good finishers here. Cavalry Pegasus is probably a better option than Garrison Griffin here since it comes out sooner and gives most of creatures (humans) flying when it attacks with them. Honor of the Pure/Always Watching is pretty cheap and looks like it would be a nice fit for this deck. Also Knight of Meadowgrain is also really good in the early game. Hope this helps.
3 weeks ago
Hey Haydenc553. The first thing I would so is sub in a better removal piece like Banishing Light or Oblivion Ring for Smite. I was trying to stay on flavor but Smite's just not that good a card. If you're going to play Thalia's Lieutenant, you want to maximize the number of humans, so sub Thraben Inspector for Cenn's Tactician and Preeminent Captain for Aerial Responder (at least not decreasing humans there). You can put in three Thalia's for a Ballyrush Banneret and two Veteran Armorsmith. That would be initial thought at least - you might need to test it out a bit.
1 month ago
4 months ago
StuBi's deck has a very different bend to it, though. Mine is tribal humans and Thalia's Lieutenant pumps the team or gets pumped as new members of the team enter the battlefield. Thus, Always Watching isn't quite as necessary. It's a fantastic card, but I just don't think it quite fits. Gideon Blackblade is a beast in this deck. It actually gets a +1/+1 counter on it if it comes in before a Thalia's Lieutenant , and giving a creature lifelink, vigilance, or indestructible has proven to be really clutch. The -6 ability for removal has also come in handy, and having a 4/4 indestructible attacker is pretty good. Were I to replace Gideon Blackblade , I would likely replace it with Gideon, Ally of Zendikar .
Ya, I don't use the playtester in TapperOut much at all. My playtesting is getting together with actual humans to try out physical cards. I'm old school that way! Ha!
Thanks again for the suggestions! They are so sincerely appreciated!
4 months ago
BMHKain but it's so much easier to add cards haha. These are the cards I would cut:
- Auriok Champion - is somewhat restrictive in 5 colors, and the card isn't very impactful.
- Zhur-Taa Druid - Does not produce colors that you wouldn't already have, and the damage is negligible in most scenarios.
- Thalia's Lieutenant - Requires a more token-based strategy to be impactful.
- Knight of the Reliquary - Situational mana fixing that doesn't ramp in your build.
- Burning-Tree Emissary - Not great at mana fixing, only seems good if you've already assembled a nice recursion engine at which point you probably don't need this.
- Champion of the Parish - Kinda vanilla.
- Crucible of Worlds - Doesn't seem that impactful. Dragon's Hoard or Coalition Relic would be better in my opinion.
- Odric, Master Tactician - Needs at least 4 dudes on board to work, and seems to be most useful when you're already winning.
- Metallic Mimic - Not very impactful here.
- Kambal, Consul of Allocation - Not very impactful here.
- Emergence Zone - You already have a couple other things that do this better.
- Anafenza, the Foremost - Unless your playgroup always has a graveyard deck at the table, I would take this out. Anafenza can hose you if somebody copies or steals it.
- Lavinia, Azorius Renegade - To me this kinda just reads "nobody can cast Pacts", which isn't that great an effect.
- Fatespinner - This card is more a minor annoyance than a threat.
- Angel of Glory's Rise - Great effect, but exiles your general. Patriarch's Bidding might be better.
5 months ago
Sure, I'm at 100 cards. But we've a huge situation after all those cuts that should've changed the meter. Is it not meant to be fixed?
Whatever, this is Deck 1 that although at 100 Cards, I just don't see enough consistency for this to work properly. Here is what I believe to be the best of each:
Cloudblazer (Card Advantage & Life Gain? OH YEAH!) Daxos of Meletis (Just buff him once, & only spot removal & wraths can end him.) Deputy of Acquittals (Another Venser when we need it.) Fiend Hunter (How did this make it in?) Grand Abolisher (This is the best we got for Lockdown.) Kambal, Consul of Allocation (Taxes for casting nothing but anything not a Creature.) Kynaios and Tiro of Meletis (Group Hug? Not here. Two Benevolent Kings will destroy you.) Lavinia, Azorius Renegade (I wonder if she can do well w/ Kynalos and Tino... Oh, & STACKS.) Marchesa, the Black Rose (It's either you have low life or this stays cut.) Why didn't you decrease for me cuttung a staple like Meren?! (Uh, Recursion?) Mother of Runes (Ditched Cartel Aristocrat as at least she can be used on any of my Humans.) Reflector Mage (Still on the bend on this one.) Thalia, Heretic Cathar (Uh, Stax?) Thalia's Lieutenant (HUGE Boost throughout my humans.) Trophy Mage (At least most of my "Trophies" are Cast.)
Kenrith, the Returned King : (Recursion, Life gain, +1/+1 Buffs, Card Advantage, even giving everyone Haste & Trample is awesome. DO NOT CUT IT.)
I hope this helps in case you want to improve on this also. Signing out.