Combos Browse all Suggest
- Cathars' Crusade + Inexorable Tide
- Cathars' Crusade + Viscera Seer + Woodfall Primus
- Carrion Feeder + Cathars' Crusade + Woodfall Primus
- Blasting Station + Cathars' Crusade + Woodfall Primus
- Altar of Dementia + Cathars' Crusade + Woodfall Primus
- Cathars' Crusade + Phyrexian Altar + Woodfall Primus
- Cathars' Crusade + Puppeteer Clique + Viscera Seer
- Carrion Feeder + Cathars' Crusade + Puppeteer Clique
- Blasting Station + Cathars' Crusade + Puppeteer Clique
- Altar of Dementia + Cathars' Crusade + Puppeteer Clique
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Whenever a creature enters the battlefield under your control, put a +1/+1 counter on each creature you control.
1 day ago
I like it. I run a very similar deck with Elesh Norn, Mother of Machines as my commander.
Filigree Vector will let you add +1/+1 counters to permanents you control when it enters, so you could combo that with the 2/2 Samurai with double strike from The Eternal Wanderer to continually make your double strike creature bigger and bigger. Cathars' Crusade will also aid in making your creatures bigger.
1 week ago
Nice. Not sure if you're trying to keep this to a certain budget, but if you like the combos in your description so much as win-conditions, I'd include some stuff to find its components like Enlightened Tutor or maybe even Oswald Fiddlebender or Ring of Three Wishes (I'd replace Open the Armory with any of these). I'd probably change out Valor in Akros for Goldnight Commander. I know, the commander is a creature and thus easier to get rid of, but he's also a Soldier himself and that synergizes better with Myrel's secondary ability. Lastly, Cathars' Crusade; I just can't see a deck like this without one. But you probably have a good reason to not include it.
1 month ago
Just some thoughts on cards I think you should look at Daemogoth Titan Season of Growth Cathars' Crusade Carrion Feeder Scurry Oak Finale of Devastation Anguished Unmaking Rite of Oblivion Vanishing Verse Lolth, Spider Queen Liliana, Dreadhorde General Gavony Township Mikaeus, the Lunarch Westvale Abbey Flip Mystifying Maze
1 month ago
In taking a quick look at your deck, I think you could probably drop a few lands. 42 is a bit high, I get that you're not running many mana rocks aside from Sol Ring and Arcane Signet. I think you could safely swap a couple of land slots for a couple more 2 mana rocks like Talisman of Conviction and the others in Mardu colors, mostly since you can play extra rocks, but not additional lands each turn. Your mana curve is fairly low as-is at 2.73 that 42 lands seems like you could potentially mana flood. 35-38 lands is a nice sweet spot, especially with some mana rocks and a low curve like you have.
Bomat Courier could probably be cut. Definitely some hoops to jump through to get the impulse draw. Minas Tirith (if you're not against Universes Beyond stuff) and Chivalric Alliance might be safer options for some additional draw.
Cathars' Crusade could be another potential replacement, mostly because the counter tracking in games can become annoying.
Spawning Pit is kinda meh, especially with some of the other more impactful "free" sac outlets you're currently running.
2 months ago
Yo, I saw your post on Reddit & thought I'd leave my feedback here. Overall pretty solid start, but there are a few spots that are worth re-evaluating. I have a few suggestions for additions & swaps:
I think you could stand to use a bit more instant speed removal like Anguished Unmaking, and you can probably swap Vandalblast for Wear / Tear. Dismantling Wave and Grasp of Fate are also options that can hit multiple targets without necessarily being a wipe. I think Vandalblast can be more of a meta-dependent call.
I'd suggest swapping out Cathars' Crusade with Flowering of the White Tree. Cathar's Crusade can be annoying to track, especially with the amount of tokens Isshin can pump out. Flowering is lower to the ground and offers some additional blanket protection to all your legends. I've played Flowering of the White Tree in my Burakos and Isshin decks, and have really enjoyed how well it performed in both.
Minas Tirith could be a decent addition to your mana base, and the Temple of ___ cycle can likely get swapped out with more of the Battlebond cycle like Spectator Seating. As the person on Reddit stated, I second replacing the Snarl Cycle, and as many of your lands that ETB tapped. Canyon Slough and Sunbaked Canyon can be potential additions, especially since they offer some additional utility if you don't really need them.
I hope these suggestions are helpful. Down to bounce ideas for any other swaps if you're interested. Best of luck with brewing and playing Isshin, he's a lot of fun!
2 months ago
2 months ago
Squad is a single ability that creates tokens equal to the number of times the Squad cost was paid. Since Marneus Calgar says "one or more" he counts a single effect creating multiple tokens as a single event and will draw you one card.
Launch the Fleet gives a triggered ability to each of its targets. This means when you attack you will have 3 separate triggers each making 1 token. Since these are different effects creating the tokens you will get a trigger off of each.
In actuality when you attack with the 3 Zephyrim, you will actually make a token, then draw a card, then make a token, then draw a card, then make a token, then draw a card. There are different triggers that this would matter on like Cathars' Crusade so it is good to know, but it is unlikely to matter for the draw triggers in most cases.
3 months ago
Updated. Not sure for the better, but for sure plays into the win conditions.
- Utter End -> Detention Sphere : Slower but more enchantments
- Cyclonic Rift -> Swan Song : If I have that kind of mana, I should win the game. Rather have a counter.
- Cathars' Crusade -> Swiftfoot Boots : Let's protect Marneus Calgar, he's kind of important to us
- Flowering of the White Tree -> Lightning Greaves : Let's protect Marneus Calgar, he's kind of important to us
- Glorious Anthem -> Rings of Brighthearth : Let's enable the infinite mana combos
- Inquisitor Greyfax -> Phyrexian Altar : Need this bugger around for consistency of infinite mana combos
- Spear of Heliod -> Pitiless Plunderer : Supports Phyrexian Altar and general ramp.
- Hour of Reckoning -> Training Grounds : Makes combos easier. Helps survive early.
- Celestine, the Living Saint -> Basalt Monolith : Infinite with Rings of Brighthearth
- Reconnaissance Mission -> Mana Drain : Kind of nice counterspell
- Solemn Simulacrum -> Laboratory Maniac : Win condition on draw
- Company Commander -> Mana Crypt : Great ramp
- White Sun's Zenith -> Clever Impersonator : Let's create a backup copy of whatever needs the most redundancy.
- Vanguard Suppressor -> Greater Auramancy : We might as well protect those enchantments
- Commissar Severina Raine -> Propaganda : Too weak a redundant win condition. Let's be consistent here and protect the motherland instead.