Gauntlet of Power
As Gauntlet of Power enters the battlefield, choose a color.
Creatures of the chosen color get +1/+1.
Whenever a basic land is tapped for mana of the chosen color, its controller adds one mana of that color to his or her mana pool.
|Want (2)||Lithormane , Flightmare|
Printings View all
|Masterpiece Series: Kaladesh Inventions (MPS)||Mythic Rare|
|Time Spiral (TSP)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Gauntlet of Power occurrence in decks from the last year
Latest Decks as Commander
Gauntlet of Power Discussion
1 week ago
I see a lot of shiny cards! Love the deck "intro" :D
Instead of typing all the cards I would suggest, I got a similar deck, just with Syr Konrad, the Grim: For the Void, the idea of the deck, just like with Ayara, is to get creatures, kills them, ping opponents to death.. with few bonuses. Maybe you'll like some cards, I would definitely suggest Tortured Existence (even if it doesnt like working with Necropotence, because of the discarding into exile), with Desecrated Tomb to make a 1/1 black bat token with flying for at instant speed and since Ayara loves black creatures, its would be really good :D Black itself offers a lot of card draw to replace Necropotence.
I also wrote an explanation why I use every single card in the deck, if you would wonder why some stuff are even in there. :D Also if you would decide to give some feedback aswell, I would appreaciate it :P
Anyway, about some cards I would probably replace here:
1) Ugin, the Ineffable - making colorless cards cheaper is definitely nice, but most cards here are already cheap enough with a decent mono-black ramp, which just make it less effective 6 drop. Making tokens into card draw when they die is alright, but again, black has tons of way to generate tokens and card draw (also less synergy with Ayara, since those tokens arent black). His permanent removal is a little bit better for mono-black decks, but since it takes 2 turns to use that ability again (and killing Ugin in process) is slow, cards like Meteor Golem would be probably much more effective as a permanent removal, since it just targets any permanent no matter the color AND is a creature, so sac Meteor Golem and reanimate later. Also, Feed the Swarm.
2) Cemetery Reaper - there is only 5 other Zombie creatures (if I dont count tokens from Grave Titan,Army of the Damned and Open the Graves). Even with some zombies on board, +1/+1 is pretty small buff and Cemetery Reaper is just slow token generator.
3) Beseech the Queen - even for , you are forced to reveal the tutored card, which makes it pretty bad tutor and in my personal opinion, one of the worst tutors in mono-black. As much as I love BtQ art, its a big no from me. Just for , there is budget Diabolic Tutor that wont make you reveal the card you tutored for. Or, a bit more expensive, but mana cheaper and great in token decks: Diabolic Intent. BsQ also limits you by the number of lands you control, so its less effective in the early game.
4) Caged Sun - I know how the mana doubling is nice, but since it costs to get out, then wait a turn to get value out of it might be slow. I think tutoring for Cabal Coffers/Cabal Stronghold might be just faster and more effective. Similar problem with Gauntlet of Power, even if it costs less, it affects lands of the chosen color your opponents control too, which just might lead to some ugly moments :D Probably something like Mirage Mirror would be a good replacement, so you can make an additional copy of Cabal Coffers. Another one could be Pawn of Ulamog, since you have plenty of creatures and those 0/1 Eldrazi tokens could help you with ramp.
Some more cards that could be nice:
1) Piper of the Swarm - cheap creature that buffs some of your other rats and can make rat tokens for cheap aswell, with mind control effect too. There are some really cool Ayara decks with rat tribal aswell.
2) Clackbridge Troll - I pretty like this card since I first saw it... its big ugly troll that does a lot of stuff, forcing your opponent to sac a creature to give you 3 life and 1 card, ooorrrr you the troll hits them! :D
3) Songs of the Damned/Bubbling Muck - both are pretty good to give you a lot of mana to cast a some big stuff during a single turn.
4) Malakir Rebirth Flip - this is definitely a cool card from the last set, giving either Ayara or any other creature important at the moment "protection" or just use it as a land if needed. With Vilis on board, it also draws you 2 cards for at instant speed.
1 month ago
Hey there! Thanks for the kind recommendations (and the upvote :p). So I just got a Caged Sun so that's going in soon. This deck isn't really going for tons of lands, so while Exploration is great I don't think I will find a place for it. Burgeoning is better In a 4 player game, so I am still considering it. Extraplanar Lens while probably eventually end up in the deck but the price tag is a bit much right now. Oracle of Mul Daya is like exploration. Gauntlet of Power might work but it is a bit too much group hug. Patron of the Orochi is one that I had to give a second look and it looks pretty decent but I doubt I would use it. This isn't really going to be a swarm deck, so Triumph of the Hordes doesn't work that well. The rest fall under, when I find the card/find the money I will pick it up.
Thanks a lot!
1 month ago
Hey there! Maybe consider some of the following!
- Caged Sun
- Extraplanar Lens
- Oracle of Mul Daya
- Gauntlet of Power
- Mana Reflection
- Nyxbloom Ancient
- Patron of the Orochi
- Zendikar Resurgent
- Wilderness Reclamation
- Triumph of the Hordes
- Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger
- Selvala, Heart of the Wilds
Hope this helps, and have a great day!
1 month ago
Command Beacon - For when your commander is too expensive
Ancient Tomb > Temple of False
Arch of Orazca > Darksteel citadel - Darksteel is nice with cleansing fire, but arch provides draw, albeit expensive, is nice when you are inevitably out of gas
Strip Mine - Destroy coffers, cradle, urborg, field, etc...
Valakut Stoneforge - "Utility"
Valakut, the Molten Pinnacle - Not necessary but good to have
Hedron Archive - Ramp when you need it, draw when you don't
Humble Defector - Nice to have but not necessary, politics and card draw. Nice with homeward path should you wish
Ignite the Future - "Draw" and flashback is very powerful
Light Up the Stage - Similar to above, easy to cast with all your burn. Although truth be told, you should really cut down on burn and focus on strengthening your weaknesses rather than incorporating burn with no particular strategy
Mind's Eye - Expensive, not necessary but nice with wheels
Outpost Siege - A little slow similar to above, but often gives you many cards as people don't want to waste removal on it.
Skullclamp - Draw
Solemn Simulacrum - Draw and ramp
Chandra, Torch of Defiance - Best chandra - Ramp, draw, removal and wincon all in 1
Sensei's Divining Top - Digging 3 cards deeper is always nice
Wayfarer's Bauble - Ramp
Gauntlet of Power - Helps you achieve kicker
Caged Sun - Read above
Deflecting Swat - Redirect removal, counterspells, targetted draw, etc... way too much utility to ignore
Urza's Incubator - Ramp
Be sure to let me know what you think of each suggestion. There are more tribal cards to consider but since I don't play tribal, they are not on the top of my head. Once we go through these, we can consider other tribal cards as well. Your biggest issues are lack of ramp and card draw. For a dragon deck, it's not bad.
1 month ago
Herald's Horn was in an earlier build of this deck along with Urza's Incubator, and the ramp was nice on occasion, however I always found that I was short on colored mana. I elected to change these to the the mana doublers Caged Sun and Gauntlet of Power, they exchange higher mana cost for better flexibility. Additionally the ideal situation is to cheat the Birds out with Sneak Attack which circumvents the mana cost and the ramp provided by the Horn.
The card draw is nice, however it is highly dependent on luck, and I found that I rarely had a tribe member on the top of my deck during my upkeep, so I average 1-2 extra cards a game for the 3 mana, which isn't enough to justify the slot for me. Though depending on your personal luck in games, this would be probably be better in place of Mana Echoes, which is arguably of equal effectiveness in the deck, especially without the additional pieces needed to utilize colorless mana from Echoes.
1 month ago
Myriad Landscape is ramp and doesn't take up a slot, so that is worth considering. Everflowing Chalice is great for these kinds of ramp decks too. With all your glorious sea monsters the big-boy ramp cards will be useful. Gilded Lotus, Mana Vault, Dreamstone Hedron, Thran Dynamo, Nyx Lotus, and Empowered Autogenerator would all be good. Gauntlet of Power, Caged Sun, and Extraplanar Lens are good for decks like this.
Don't underestimate the small rocks either. Sky Diamond, Sapphire Medallion, Prismatic Lens, Star Compass, Guardian Idol, Arcane Signet, and Coldsteel Heart are all good. Burnished Hart is good for heavy ramp in Blue. Personally, I always aim for eight pieces of ramp in most normal decks (which is where you are, including High Tide) but in high-CMC ramp decks I aim for 10-12. Your commander could be considered a piece of ramp since Sol Rings are so easy to steal. Thieving Skydiver could be considered a ramp piece too!
Quicksilver Amulet miiight be worth considering. Far from mandatory. I often prefer pure ramp if the deck isn't super creature-oriented.
1 month ago
Aether Vial isn't mana ramp, nor do you want to rely on it for big dragons. Gauntlet of Power costs too much mana to be good ramp (you want to stick to cmc 3 or less) plus it doesn't color fix, and only works with basics (which you don't have much room for in a 5c deck). imo, Mox Amber is also too slow when all your legendaries are 5+ mana. it won't be able to produce mana until after you've already reached a point where you can cast your dragons anyway. you want stuff like Arcane Signet and Darksteel Ingot, as well as Farseek which can grab dual lands.
as for lands, a 5c mana base is easy if your group allows proxies. 1 of each fetch land, original duals, and shock lands gives you 30 lands. the rest you can fill out with rainbow lands like Command Tower, and Cavern of Souls. stay away from lands that enter tapped.