Gauntlet of Power
As Gauntlet of Power enters the battlefield, choose a color.
Creatures of the chosen color get +1/+1.
Whenever a basic land is tapped for mana of the chosen color, its controller adds one mana of that color to his or her mana pool.
|Have (2)||metalmagic , gildan_bladeborn|
|Want (2)||wutdupgamer , ShakesOfMilk|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Gauntlet of Power occurrence in decks from the last year
Latest Decks as Commander
Gauntlet of Power Discussion
1 day ago
Appreciate you stopping by and leaving your thoughts!
While you make a fair point about being stuck pounding on the ground, I do have a few ways to clear the road in the deck. Several of the big fish carry strong ETB effects that can sweep away opposing creatures, and it's surprisingly easy to get Wonder into the bin. I've never felt like the deck was wanting for additional ways to punch through.
I can see mana doublers being powerful, but they tend to draw a lot of table hate. It's been my experience that things like Gauntlet of Power and Caged Sun are just lategame rituals a lot of the time, and while that's not necessarily bad, I don't feel like this deck is well-tuned to make the most of that.
I would absolutely play a Training Grounds in this deck, but I have had a bear of a time tracking one down, and always seem to forget about it when I'm shopping for Commander upgrades online. If I got one, I would definitely revisit some of my small utility creatures, and try to work in a couple more with activated abilities.
1 month ago
Song of the Dryads is incredibly versatile removal that can even stop someone's commander. I would recommend swapping it for Gauntlet of Power. Green is very popular in commander, and giving your opponents a mana boost will often give them the power to contain you.
1 month ago
I'm a fan of multiplayer burn, so here's a few suggestions: Kumano, Master Yamabushi is a great commander for that. I have this deck in paper. Play some mana doublers (Gauntlet of Power, Extraplanar Lens), some damage enhancers (Torbran, Thane of Red Fell which is also a great pick for this charity event, Gratuitous Violence, Fiery Emancipation) and go to town. Don't forget some deathtouch equipment, to be able to control the board, as well as the life totals.
Or Neheb, the Eternal is also great for burn, just do a gatherer search for "damage" "each opponent" or "each player" and play a few red X burn spells like Jaya's Immolating Inferno and watch the dollars pile up.
2 months ago
2 months ago
Some good stuff! :D
First of all, I would probably just cut Gauntlet of Power/Caged Sun - mana doubling is nice, but for that mana and before it pays for itself, you could already cast some threatining spells/creatures. Black itself has already a lot of cards that can ramp pretty fast (+Gauntlet will double the mana of opponent's swamps aswell) and this doesnt really looks like some big token army deck to benefit from the +1/+1 buffs.
I'm personally not a big fan of Unstable Obelisk. Permanent removal in black is nice for sure, but for 7 (10) mana its kinda expensive I would say. And as a mana rock, its not a good one, since it wont give you . You should have already more than enough mana, especially with Crypt Ghast, Nirkana, other cheap mana rocks and a lot of lands (copyign Cabal Coffers ftw), you could just play Feed the Swarm as another enchantment/creature removal.
1) Tormod, the Desecrator - there is just few cards that trigger Tormod, but I would recommend Tortured Existence with Phyrexian Altar so you can make infinite etb/die/sac triggers. With something like Desecrated Tomb, which is just another option instead of Tormod, you can make infinite tokens aswell. I run that combo in my Syr Konrad's For the Void deck and it works great.
2) Bolas's Citadel - Citadel is just sooooo good :D You already have Gray Merchant of Asphodel + few free sac outlets (Ashnod's Altar/Woe Strider). If you add Mortuary, you can make infinite etb of Merchant, sac, life-gain and infinite colorless mana. With Phyrexian Altar instead of Ashnod's Altar, Haunted Crossroads is also an option (sac Merchant with Phyrexian altar to pay for Haunted Crossroads cost). Its kinda junky combo, but hey, as long as it works... :D
3) Twilight Prophet - I really like this card, I'll need to somehow make a space for it in my Syr Konrad deck aswell. In combination of the previous engine - Desecrated Tomb + Phyrexian Altar + Tortured Existence and Shadows of the Past, you can "tutor" for anything in your library to get the best value out of Twilight Prophet. Especially if you run aristocrat cards aswell. Also, Shadows of the Past with the engine is 10/10 for the Bolas's Citadel.
4) Pawn of Ulamog - little innocent dude that can go infinite with Nether Traitor and Phyrexian Altar, which would give you another source of inifnite etb/die/sac/mana of any color.
3 months ago
I see a lot of shiny cards! Love the deck "intro" :D
Instead of typing all the cards I would suggest, I got a similar deck, just with Syr Konrad, the Grim: For the Void, the idea of the deck, just like with Ayara, is to get creatures, kills them, ping opponents to death.. with few bonuses. Maybe you'll like some cards, I would definitely suggest Tortured Existence (even if it doesnt like working with Necropotence, because of the discarding into exile), with Desecrated Tomb to make a 1/1 black bat token with flying for at instant speed and since Ayara loves black creatures, its would be really good :D Black itself offers a lot of card draw to replace Necropotence.
I also wrote an explanation why I use every single card in the deck, if you would wonder why some stuff are even in there. :D Also if you would decide to give some feedback aswell, I would appreaciate it :P
Anyway, about some cards I would probably replace here:
1) Ugin, the Ineffable - making colorless cards cheaper is definitely nice, but most cards here are already cheap enough with a decent mono-black ramp, which just make it less effective 6 drop. Making tokens into card draw when they die is alright, but again, black has tons of way to generate tokens and card draw (also less synergy with Ayara, since those tokens arent black). His permanent removal is a little bit better for mono-black decks, but since it takes 2 turns to use that ability again (and killing Ugin in process) is slow, cards like Meteor Golem would be probably much more effective as a permanent removal, since it just targets any permanent no matter the color AND is a creature, so sac Meteor Golem and reanimate later. Also, Feed the Swarm.
2) Cemetery Reaper - there is only 5 other Zombie creatures (if I dont count tokens from Grave Titan,Army of the Damned and Open the Graves). Even with some zombies on board, +1/+1 is pretty small buff and Cemetery Reaper is just slow token generator.
3) Beseech the Queen - even for , you are forced to reveal the tutored card, which makes it pretty bad tutor and in my personal opinion, one of the worst tutors in mono-black. As much as I love BtQ art, its a big no from me. Just for , there is budget Diabolic Tutor that wont make you reveal the card you tutored for. Or, a bit more expensive, but mana cheaper and great in token decks: Diabolic Intent. BsQ also limits you by the number of lands you control, so its less effective in the early game.
4) Caged Sun - I know how the mana doubling is nice, but since it costs to get out, then wait a turn to get value out of it might be slow. I think tutoring for Cabal Coffers/Cabal Stronghold might be just faster and more effective. Similar problem with Gauntlet of Power, even if it costs less, it affects lands of the chosen color your opponents control too, which just might lead to some ugly moments :D Probably something like Mirage Mirror would be a good replacement, so you can make an additional copy of Cabal Coffers. Another one could be Pawn of Ulamog, since you have plenty of creatures and those 0/1 Eldrazi tokens could help you with ramp.
Some more cards that could be nice:
1) Piper of the Swarm - cheap creature that buffs some of your other rats and can make rat tokens for cheap aswell, with mind control effect too. There are some really cool Ayara decks with rat tribal aswell.
2) Clackbridge Troll - I pretty like this card since I first saw it... its big ugly troll that does a lot of stuff, forcing your opponent to sac a creature to give you 3 life and 1 card, ooorrrr you the troll hits them! :D
3) Songs of the Damned/Bubbling Muck - both are pretty good to give you a lot of mana to cast a some big stuff during a single turn.
4) Malakir Rebirth Flip - this is definitely a cool card from the last set, giving either Ayara or any other creature important at the moment "protection" or just use it as a land if needed. With Vilis on board, it also draws you 2 cards for at instant speed.
4 months ago
Hey there! Thanks for the kind recommendations (and the upvote :p). So I just got a Caged Sun so that's going in soon. This deck isn't really going for tons of lands, so while Exploration is great I don't think I will find a place for it. Burgeoning is better In a 4 player game, so I am still considering it. Extraplanar Lens while probably eventually end up in the deck but the price tag is a bit much right now. Oracle of Mul Daya is like exploration. Gauntlet of Power might work but it is a bit too much group hug. Patron of the Orochi is one that I had to give a second look and it looks pretty decent but I doubt I would use it. This isn't really going to be a swarm deck, so Triumph of the Hordes doesn't work that well. The rest fall under, when I find the card/find the money I will pick it up.
Thanks a lot!
4 months ago
Hey there! Maybe consider some of the following!
- Caged Sun
- Extraplanar Lens
- Oracle of Mul Daya
- Gauntlet of Power
- Mana Reflection
- Nyxbloom Ancient
- Patron of the Orochi
- Zendikar Resurgent
- Wilderness Reclamation
- Triumph of the Hordes
- Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger
- Selvala, Heart of the Wilds
Hope this helps, and have a great day!