Artifact — Equipment
Equipped creature gets +1/+0 and has vigilance.
Whenever equipped creature dies, if it was a Human, put a 1/1 white Spirit creature token with flying onto the battlefield.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Avacyn's Collar Discussion
1 month ago
Land Tax , Avacyn's Collar , Gallows at Willow Hill , Harmonious Archon , Herald of War , Repel the Abominable , Slayer's Plate , Thalia's Lieutenant , Thraben Doomsayer , Abzan Falconer , Abzan Battle Priest , Apostle of Purifying Light , Archetype of Courage , Avacynian Missionaries Flip, Avenging Huntbonder , Banisher Priest , Cathars' Crusade , Crusader of Odric , Elite Inquisitor , Elite Scaleguard , Fencing Ace , Fiend Hunter , Fiendslayer Paladin , Frontline Medic , Hedron-Field Purists , Intrepid Hero , Keeper of the Accord , Kwende, Pride of Femeref , Lavabrink Venturer , Luminarch Aspirant , Mentor of the Meek , Mikaeus, the Lunarch , Mirran Crusader , Odric, Lunarch Marshal , Odric, Master Tactician , Selfless Squire , Soldier of the Pantheon , Soul's Attendant , Victory's Envoy , Archangel of Thune , Cradle of Vitality , Felidar Retreat , Unbreakable Formation
What I'm suggesting is more of a focus on the +1/+1 counters and the slight life gain that can go along with it. Sit behind a wide army of little guys until you can slowly stack them up high. Any blink effect, like coudshift or eerie interlude can also work well, and bigger/better wraths, Austere Command , Cleansing Nova , End Hostilities , Mass Calcify , Planar Cleansing , Rout , Slash the Ranks ,
1 year ago
Btw, in my previous challenge, I meant a card like one of these:
- Steelclaw Lance
- Blackblade Reforged
- Cloak and Dagger
- Diviner's Wand
- Obsidian Battle-Axe
- Thornbite Staff
- Veteran's Armaments
- Sharpened Pitchfork
- Avacyn's Collar
- Heavy Mattock
- Bladed Bracers
- Butcher's Cleaver
- Silver-Inlaid Dagger
So, if someone wants to do that instead of fateful hour, that's also very cool.
Evidently I need to be more clear on what I mean. I mean, this is twice my challenge was misinterpreted, so clearly it's on me, lol.
1 year ago
Various stuff I forgot the first go around:
- Expedition Map is too powerful not to play, since it can fetch Sea Gate Wreckage or any number of other utility lands.
- Hedron Archive is worth it because this deck lacks card draw.
- Clock of Omens is yet another way to untap Traxos.
- Urza's Factory goes in.
- Avacyn's Collar is another vigilance granter, as is Sigiled Sword of Valeron
- Whispersilk Cloak will easily win the game so it goes in.
- Desolation Twin is the second-best "cheap" expensive card.
- Jhoira's Toolbox is mandatory because it protects Traxos so easily.
- Blinkmoth Urn is busted.
- Orazca Relic is an excellent mana rock in this deck.
2 years ago
- Nyxborn Shieldmate for Boros Reckoner both better creatures and reckoner works amazing with lightmines if u decide to add it
- Palace Guard for Archetype of Aggression
- Darksteel Plate for Whispersilk Cloak since your guys are invincible anyways. this also deters them from being targeted.. boardwipes will still work though.
- Stoneforge Masterwork for Tenza, Godo's Maul if up u this on ur commander hes a 10/7 menance with trample, seems like a better piece
- Armory of Iroas - Sunforger costs a few more mana but u have alot of tricks u can pull out of it for free late game
- Staff of Nin for Mind's Eye
- Avacyn's Collar for Spear of Heliod upgrades all ur doods and makes people scared to attack you
- Manalith for Commander's Sphere an upgrade
- Act of Treason for Faithless Looting card draw with flashback seems always good
- Mass Mutiny - Mob Rule seems like an upgrade
- Miraculous Recovery - Settle the Wreckage amazing board wipe, can really put you ahead. if not interested in a board wipe id suggest maybe a single target removal like Chaos Warp . i feel like you need ways to deal with high pressure threats
- Pay No Heed - Deflecting Palm
- Righteousness for Fight to the Death i know these two cards arent related, but how hilarious would it be to cast this when someone else is combating another player, basically can wipe two players boards if timed proper. if u would prefer to keep a combat trick here i would suggest maybe Gods Willing or something that does not require the creature to be blocking
- Smite - Ride Down
- Warleader's Helix - Savage Beating or Ajani Vengeant i feel helix doesnt provide enough value, for removal it is very weak , if u want good removal to replace this instead of a threats i listed, i would consider Oblivion Ring type cards
- Martial Glory - Boros Charm charm is must include, so much value! protect from boardwipes including land destruction! removal or maybe boost ur commander after blocks with a double strike if some1 is already been hit once and hello 21 commander dmg
2 years ago
2 years ago
Vicious Shadows actually doesn't work (nor does Stalking Vengeance, and for the same reason), because when a creature (or in this instance a token) doesn't die when it's exiled. I would suggest Warstorm Surge instead. Which I just noticed was in the maybeboard. Speaking of cards in the maybeboard, Swiftfoot Boots is probably better than Lightning Greaves here because shroud makes Valduk untargetable for equip costs. This would normally not be a problem; just equip it to a different creature for 0 mana. However with a semi-creatureless brew like this you'd have to do all your equipping on the postcombat main phase.
I might suggest some of the human-based equipment from OG Innistrad; Avacyn's Collar, Bladed Bracers, Butcher's Cleaver, Heirloom Blade could be really cool (and you could run a human or two for good measure), Sharpened Pitchfork is nice, though first strike is kinda useless, Silver-Inlaid Dagger is AWESOME, and Slayer's Plate may get some work done.
Some generally good equipments include Champion's Helm for hexproof, Chitinous Cloak to force opponents to make tough blocker choices, honestly General's Kabuto may be worth is as the ultimate protection card, you could consider Kitesail for evasion, Konda's Banner would be great and pump your tokens (and yes it would give Valduk +2/+2), Kusari-Gama would be a serious 'don't block me or I fuck you' effect, Ogre's Cleaver is honestly insane, Pariah's Shield, though costly, more or less makes you untouchable, Pennon Blade is worth the cost, the classic Short Sword, Sigiled Sword of Valeron is dece, Skullclamp is OH MY GOD, Strata Scythe is equally insane, the swords are famously insanely powerful, Trusty Machete is okay, Vorrac Battlehorns is an easy way to win fast, and Vulshok Battlegear and Vulshok Morningstar are decent.
And yes, I did slog through every equipment in Magic history to find those.
Props to Heliogabale for some good ideas on cuts. I might add No-Dachi, seems a little overcosted (also it's worth noting Mask of Avacyn has the same mana specs for an arguably better effect), Skeleton Key is not going to do anything for very long, Valduk is probably going to be too big too fast to make use of first strike (@ Sparring Collar), Browbeat is 5 damage to an opponent for 3 mana. Realistically no one is going to let you draw 3 cards.
Sorry, this comment was a looong one.
2 years ago
The Challenge that I propose is this: pick a plane, then design a featured Commander of a Legend from the plane. The twist is that the Commander needs to be at least two colors and be designed as a Planeswalker that can be played as Commander. Describe the idea for the deck, how the Commander's Spark triggered, and a general idea of cards you might include as part of the deck if you were designing it for sale. For instance:
Deck name: Saving Grace Plane: Innistrad Commander: Sigarda, Heron of Light (3)(G)(W) Sigarda, Heron of Light can be your Commander. [+2] Put a 1/1 Human token with hexproof into play under your control. [-2] Discard a creature card from your hand. Put a 4/4 Angel token with flying and hexproof into play under your control. [-8] You gain an emblem with, "Creatures you control have lifelink and hexproof. Creatures you control may not be sacrificed. 
Spark: After the confrontation with the fused, corrupted Bruna and Gisela, after the 'victory' of the Gatewatch, Sigarda's heart longed for answers, for how to help heal her world. Her heart's cry pulled her out of her world to another, before pulling her back home, where she found Arlinn Kord waiting to speak with her. Realizing now the existence of other worlds, Sigarda has determined to find a way to keep the humans of her ravaged world safe from both internal threats and threats from other planes.
Deck concept: Angels, Humans and Spirits working together to protect and support each other.
Sample cards: Briarbridge Patrol, Cathedral Sanctifier, Champion of Lambholt, Champion of the Parish, Devout Chaplain, Bygone Bishop, Dearly Departed, Drogskol Shieldmate, Angel of Glory's Rise, Angel of Jubilation, Herald of War, Haunted Cloak, Avacyn's Collar, Inquisitor's Flail