|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Modern Masters 2015 Edition (MM2)||Rare|
|Mirrodin Besieged (MBS)||Rare|
|Mirrodin Besieged: Mirran (MBM)||Rare|
|Promo Set (000)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Human Knight
Double strike, protection from black and from green
Mirran Crusader Discussion
4 days ago
Hey, nice start. Cards to consider cutting to make 99:
- Bond of Discipline
- Campaign of Vengeance
- Venser's Journal
- Stoneforge Masterwork
- Dowsing Dagger
- Belle of the Brawl
- Brimstone Trebuchet
- Burnished Hart
- Icon of Ancestry
- Words of Worship
- Goblin War Drums
- Door of Destinies
- Whispersilk Cloak
I think rather than aggressive overrun the battlefield with Knights instead play ones that are good with equipment who have evasion, more of a midrange strategy. I suggest this because there's a lot of equipment here which is taking the place of Knights and equipment are midrange cards. I think if you want to play an aggressive overrun strategy with Knights that you want to reduce the amount of equipment and increase the amount of low mana cost Knights especially two drops such as Knight of Grace , Knight of Malice , Stormfist Crusader , etc.
Cards within the budget to consider adding:
- Gamble : tutor for any card.
- Open the Armory : tutor for an equipment.
- Silverblade Paladin : double strike is good with equipment.
- Mirran Crusader : double strike.
- Sunforger : one of the best equipment in Commander and being able to consistently reduce the equip cost to 0 is good.
- Gideon, Ally of Zendikar : 0 creates a 2/2 Knight, -4 can be a repeatable anthem. Gideon holds equipment well.
- Gideon Blackblade : nonfoil version is $6, +1 is very good with creature strategies, -6 is exile removal.
- Sun Titan : repeatable reanimation of a Knight or three drop or less equipment/enchantment. Can reanimate History of Benalia or Knights' Charge .
- Mistveil Plains
- Caves of Koilos
- Battlefield Forge
- Exotic Orchard
- Ash Barrens
- Isolated Chapel
- Clifftop Retreat
Cards to consider cutting:
- Temple of the False God
- Terramorphic Expanse
- 5x Plains
- Embereth Shieldbreaker
- Order of Midnight
- Foulmire Knight
- Vanquisher's Banner
- Basilisk Collar
- Cathars' Crusade
- Sorin, Vengeful Bloodlord
Good luck with your deck.
1 week ago
I was thinking of building a gwyn deck as well. Here are some cards I think could be cool to run in this deck. Obviously a lot of options.
- Colossus Hammer - this was built for syr gwyn in mind
- Explorer's Scope - ramp, always important
- Heartseeker - with gwyn, tap to kill target creature
- Surestrike Trident - if you have this and Colossus Hammer it reads, each creature taps to deal 10+ damage to an opponent.
- Ogre's Cleaver - cheap artifact and now free equip
- Haunted Cloak
- Infiltration Lens
- Vorrac Battlehorns - if you want to be mean, put this on syr gwyn
- Loxodon Warhammer
- Chariot of Victory
- Fleetfeather Sandals
- Moonsilver Spear - doesn't fit the theme but flying angels are always fun
- Scythe of the Wretched - this plus Grappling Hook means steal any creature you can kill that isn't tapped
- Strata Scythe - pick the best color of the three. keep in mind this includes lands opponents control
- Authority of the Consuls - slow everyone and gain life
- Blind Obedience - slow everyone down while draining them and gaining life
- Brave the Sands - never worry about swinging each turn and make chump blockers able to block two huge creatures
- Sigarda's Aid - just amazing
- Leonin Shikari - not a knight but now you can switch equipment for free in combat before damage is dealt
- Midnight Reaper
- Syr Alin, the Lion's Claw
- Knight of Grace
- Josu Vess, Lich Knight - late game win condition
- Mirran Crusader
- Vona, Butcher of Magan
- Fiendslayer Paladin
- Silverblade Paladin
Required are Syr Gwyn, Hero of Ashvale and Surestrike Trident . Then you can just go down the line of creatures attaching all of your power increasing equipment and tapping them for tons of damage. If you have Leonin Shikari and Brave the Sands out, then you can all out attack and then do the tapping out on the endstep before your turn. If you don't have Surestrike Trident but instead have Heartseeker then you can just kill a creature for each one you control.
1 week ago
Inspiring Veteran , Heavenly Blademaster , Blood Crypt , Godless Shrine , Sacred Foundry , Arid Mesa , Marsh Flats , Bloodstained Mire , Auriok Steelshaper , Mortify , Vindicate , Damnation , Wrath of God , Enlightened Tutor , Sol Ring , Lightning Greaves , Boros Signet , Orzhov Signet , Rakdos Signet , Acclaimed Contender , Hammer of Nazahn , Arcane Signet , Sword of Feast and Famine
Mirran Crusader , Worthy Knight , Righteous Confluence , Despark , Generous Gift , Rakdos Charm , Infiltration Lens , True Conviction , Colossus Hammer , Blackblade Reforged Cavalier of Flame , Sunforger , Ugin, the Ineffable , 2 Mountains, 4 Plains, 2 Swamps
2 weeks ago
I don't think Syr Gwyn is quite the pure "aggro" deck. Considering the relatively high cost of the commander and the fact that you need to cast equipments to make use of her, I think this deck should lean more towards a "Midrange Aggro" deck.
With that in mind, I don't think
I think a cool idea would be to include some Knights that have protection against colors, so that your opponents cannot block. White Knight , Black Knight , Silver Knight , Knight of Malice , Knight of Grace , Mirran Crusader , Phyrexian Crusader are good examples.
I also think you should pick and choose your equipments. There are a lot of good equipments, but running all of them might prevent you from getting to your knights or even be clunky.
Just my 2 cents
4 weeks ago
Greetings fellow knight!
Some cards to consider:
Knight of the White Orchid - Solid 2 drop. Can help you catch up on lands.
Fiendslayer Paladin - Perhaps a sideboard option?
Mirran Crusader - Same.
Path to Exile - Expensive but great removal.
Dauntless Bodyguard - If you are considering taking the deck into a more aggressive direction, which is normally the case for tribal decks like this.
I notice you've got a lot of "1 ofs" and "2 ofs" in the deck. Perhaps consider cutting some less important ones to make way for some full "4 ofs".
Also, I think more lands would help. Perhaps aim for between 21 to 24.
I hope that helps sir!
1 month ago
If you want to beat TRON as a COCO deck, generally your sideboard somewhat has to tuned for it to beat it cleanly, which with the banning of Hogaak, Arisen Necropolis should make it easier to attack TRON more easily and open more slot to. Because game ones......are pretty rough for any CoCo based deck against tron....that's just how it is.
But if you're adamant of having a fringe on tron and certain other matchups G1 you can always swap Path to Exile for Force of Negation . Hits Early Expedition Map , Ancient Stirrings , tap-out Oblivion Stone s. Since it's their non-creature spells usually that beat you.
Then you can build your sideboard accordingly to what you want to attack and not want to lose to.....WINK WINK G Tron.
Good stuff! 1+ from me!
1 month ago
I'd cut 1 of the boardwipes and Sorin. I really don't like Always Watching either. other than you really need to cut from mostly artifacts I'd say. 30 is too much. I would focus on quality over quantity on the equipment, especially with Gwen's ability. I have some adds even though you need cuts. Hero of Bladehold Mirran Crusader and Knight of the White Orchid seem like the three biggest Knight's you are missing. Aryel, Knight of Windgrace and Olivia, Mobilized for War also seems better than a lot of the knights you have. I also run Night's Whisper and Read the Bones as a staple in black, especially without green
1 month ago
A few cards to consider adding:
Adriana, Captain of the Guard : She’s a knight who adds value in a multiplayer game.
Knights of the Black Rose : These’ll produce some card advantage.
Wear / Tear is a pretty good two-for-one in Boros.
Mirran Crusader occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.03%
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%